Other Sports

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bovine knievel

Re: Other Sports

Post by bovine knievel »

Steve French wrote:Is any one psyched for Mayweather Alvarez?

I sure am looking forward to it.

I'd love to see Floyd get his ass beat.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6ydjo6KwdjJF14C4aG

look at his head movement..
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

do my moobs count?

women wear a kind of breastplate thing which I am told is not very comfortable. better than a stray punch in the titty though I guess.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

bovine knievel wrote:

I'd love to see Floyd get his ass beat.

Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which gets filled first :lol:

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

it was kind of disappointing really. All the hype and Mayweather made it look pretty easy.

Allegedly he has inked a deal which will nett him $300M over his next 5 fights. ..... Wonder if we will ever see a Pacquiao fight. Where they are both using walking frames they are so old.

Son of Swamp

Post by Son of Swamp »

Almost October!

GO BOLTS!

Segalegend.tumblr.com

njMark

Post by njMark »

So the Devils won their first pre season game, while beating the Rangers is always a good thing, I'm not too confident about this season. Reid Boucher may not be ready for the NHL yet but he looks like a real player, he broke Stamkos's goal record in either the OHL or QMJHL, an impressive feat considering how great Steven Stamkos is.

Son of Swamp

Post by Son of Swamp »

one of my buddies is a huge Devils fan.

Yeah, Stamkos is pretty fantastic. As a bolts fan I feel lucky to have him. Though, I am going to miss Vinny.
Segalegend.tumblr.com

njMark

Post by njMark »

Yeah, I could do without Vinny being in the Atlantic division now, the Devils have a guy from the wings in camp now for a tryout that is supposed to be a capable scorer, time will tell. Tim Thomas going to the Panthers is interesting, who knows how the year off will affect him being 39 now.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Charm city cross this weekend, Druid Hill park is a great place to race, or so I'm told. Unfortunately my bike is in a couple different pieces and hopefully those pieces go back together. Fun to spectate though.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

njMark wrote:Charm city cross this weekend, Druid Hill park is a great place to race, or so I'm told. Unfortunately my bike is in a couple different pieces and hopefully those pieces go back together. Fun to spectate though.

Cross season starts this weekend in Georgia too, to date I have about 15 minutes of training in this year and am at least the same ammount of pounds over race weight. To say that Sunday is going to hurt is an understatement :(

njMark

Post by njMark »

I raced the Nittany cross a few weeks back, first of the season. Second race this year I've seen my breakfast a second time. First was a XC race in 95+ heat on a course that only seemed to go up. A blast both times though and I can't wait till October for my next race. I race Cat 5 which is the beginner class here and I think I need a class 12 considering how bad I seem compared to the others but still the most fun to be had on a bike.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

CAT 12 that's awesome! I'm thinking of getting one of these kits myself - http://www.twinsix.com/gear/mens-tech/2013-cat6-bundle

njMark

Post by njMark »

This is mine, my wife hates it but my kids love it
http://wtfkits.tumblr.com/post/55949869 ... us-whiskey

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I only paid it minimal attention but coming from a sailing family, my father crewed and/or skippered boats in the Chicago to Mackinac race from the fifties to his death in 1981, I did follow it a little and what Oracle Team USA did in coming back from being down 8-1 just a week ago was nothing short of amazing. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/sport ... d=all&_r=0

Have I just made the first sailing post in the history of 3DD?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

njMark

Post by njMark »

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/10/ ... ash_304886

Terribly sad news, Amy Dombroski 3 time national champion cyclocross racer killed while training in Europe.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Rugby League World Cup starts a week on Saturday with England v Australia. Mr French's team are the current world champions but Australia are probably the favourites. Lots of BIFF and BOSH to look forward to.

"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

dogstar wrote:Rugby League World Cup starts a week on Saturday with England v Australia. Mr French's team are the current world champions but Australia are probably the favourites. Lots of BIFF and BOSH to look forward to.

To say nothing of raunchy drinking songs and strange rituals, some of which might be felonies in any other context :lol:
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

njMark wrote:http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/10/news/dombroski-killed-in-training-crash_304886

Terribly sad news, Amy Dombroski 3 time national champion cyclocross racer killed while training in Europe.

damn that sucks.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

So there were a load of warm-up games this weekend for the Rugby League World Cup that starts this weekend. England managed to lose to Italy which is like the US basketball team losing to the GB team at the Olympics. The USA Tomahawks beat France which was a great result (France are probably ranked about 5 or 6 and the USA will be down at about 14-16). Going to the opening ceremony/game with a bunch of mates next Saturday which is England vs Australia (best team in the world) so after this weekend who knows what's going to happen.

For those that don't know Rugby League is like American Football except you get 6 goes to score, you have a team of 13 (+4 replacements) who have to play offence and defence, you're only allowed to kill the guy carrying the ball and it's the hardest game I've ever played. If the games are being shown in the US it'd highly recommend this for all you football fans.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Into the second round of RL World Cup games. In the opening game England lost to Australia in a pretty tense game and then immediately after that Italy beat Wales. On Wednesday the USA Tomahawks won their first ever game at the finals against the Cook Islands (report and highlights here)

http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-wo ... ok-islands

The real fun and games starts in two weeks time with the quarter finals until then there are all sorts of interesting games - Wales are currently playing USA.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

RLWC update. The US beat Wales, bit of a shock. Which has led to this (which I apologise for in advance)

If they win their next game they get to get thrashed by Australia in the quarter finals.

The other game yesterday saw Scotland draw with Italy (or at least a load of Australians with Italian grandparents).

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

dogstar wrote: (or at least a load of Australians with Italian grandparents).

:lol: I was wondering how Italy got into this group.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

We had the rugby league world cup semi finals this weekend at Wembley. Australia blew away Fiji (after disposing of the US team in the quarter finals) and the Kiwis (new Zealand) beat England with the last play of their game. The England/NZ game was unbelievable in its intensity - highlights below do it some justice, but this was one of the best games I've ever seen, even if the result wasn't the one I was hoping for.

Off to Old Trafford, Manchester for the final next Saturday.

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Anderson Silva breaks leg when Chris Weidman checks his kick. Don't watch while eating.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Why did I just watch the above?

Oh that's awful!
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Flea

Post by Flea »

dee dee wrote:
Anderson Silva breaks leg when Chris Weidman checks his kick. Don't watch while eating.

I was just coming over to post this!
Now it's dark.

Sub

Post by Sub »

Was a crazy ass fight and nothing i saw coming.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

watched it live at Buffalo Wild Wings - the mango habenero wings are kick ass!!