Other Sports

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Other Sports

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:
LBRod wrote:That was fun. And way over due.
And that is why we watch. Wonderful theater, great result. Too bad Fowler & Spieth couldn't stay in the mix but even so it was a wonderful duel.
agree with everything said EXCEPT I am always happy to see Flavor Saver and the Robot fade :lol: Not a fan of either and in general I find the Euros to be less robotic and have some flair. Was/am a huge Seve fan and with that kind of transferred some of the love to Sergio over the years. He's been frustrating as hell to root for on the course, due to the flirtation with greatness but never sealing the deal, and at times he's been a real dick off the course (see "fried chicken" comments towards Eldrick Woods). Still, I always root for the dude and was so happy to see him finally win a major, and also, it appears he's become a much more balanced and, dare I say, nice human being. Now that he's got the green jacket, I don't think he's done with winning majors

Watching those two exchange haymakers back and forth down the stretch was amazing golf!

ETA: WTF happened to Bubba Watson? He looks like Christian Bale when he prepped for The Mechanic! He looked downright unhealthy, though by all accounts he's just getting extreme about his fitness regime
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
LBRod wrote:That was fun. And way over due.
And that is why we watch. Wonderful theater, great result. Too bad Fowler & Spieth couldn't stay in the mix but even so it was a wonderful duel.
agree with everything said EXCEPT I am always happy to see Flavor Saver and the Robot fade :lol: Not a fan of either and in general I find the Euros to be less robotic and have some flair. Was/am a huge Seve fan and with that kind of transferred some of the love to Sergio over the years. He's been frustrating as hell to root for on the course, due to the flirtation with greatness but never sealing the deal, and at times he's been a real dick off the course (see "fried chicken" comments towards Eldrick Woods). Still, I always root for the dude and was so happy to see him finally win a major, and also, it appears he's become a much more balanced and, dare I say, nice human being. Now that he's got the green jacket, I don't think he's done with winning majors

Watching those two exchange haymakers back and forth down the stretch was amazing golf!

ETA: WTF happened to Bubba Watson? He looks like Christian Bale when he prepped for The Mechanic! He looked downright unhealthy, though by all accounts he's just getting extreme about his fitness regime
Probably not worth the time it takes to post, but the point was not about Spieth and Fowler per se but about the potential additional drama of a 4 way slugfest played out by 2 twosomes playing different holes.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Probably not worth the time it takes to post, but the point was not about Spieth and Fowler per se but about the potential additional drama of a 4 way slugfest played out by 2 twosomes playing different holes.
I totally knew what you meant. In spite of what you might think, I'm not an idiot ;)

And I totally stand behind what I said :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I totally knew what you meant.
And I totally stand behind what I said
And that is why they call you... the things that they call you. :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I totally knew what you meant.
And I totally stand behind what I said
And that is why they call you... the things that they call you. :lol:

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Sooners vs Gators tonight in game 2 of NCAA div 1 softball championship series. Sooners up 1-0 after an epic 17 inning game 1 last night. Sooner WIN gives them a back to back. 1 of these 2 schools have won the last 4 National Championships but until last night had never met in the WCWS.
BOOMER!!!!!
ESPN 8e/7c. Should be another great game.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

4sooner wrote:Sooners vs Gators tonight in game 2 of NCAA div 1 softball championship series. Sooners up 1-0 after an epic 17 inning game 1 last night. Sooner WIN gives them a back to back. 1 of these 2 schools have won the last 4 National Championships but until last night had never met in the WCWS.
BOOMER!!!!!
ESPN 8e/7c. Should be another great game.
Heck of a game. Congrats to the Sooners.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I do a lot of dial-scanning on long drives, and I find sports radio to be very calming listening. I'm not sure why, but I do. Somehow I don't think I've ever heard this show. Are any of you listeners? Is it really this good?

Do You Get the Show?
ESPN’s Dan Le Batard built a sports-talk empire by talking about sports as little as possible.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I do a lot of dial-scanning on long drives, and I find sports radio to be very calming listening. I'm not sure why, but I do. Somehow I don't think I've ever heard this show. Are any of you listeners? Is it really this good?

Do You Get the Show?
ESPN’s Dan Le Batard built a sports-talk empire by talking about sports as little as possible.
Funny, never listened to his radio show, but for a long time we used to DVR his TV show and it was very entertaining, especially due to his father Papi. If the radio show is anything like the TV show I would recommend giving it a shot.

I listen to a lot of sports talk in the car, but mostly KNBR out of San Francisco. Pretty rare for me to listen to any of the national shows, though I have been known to enter the Jungle and listen to Rome, even though I know better. KNBR specializes in delivering at the very least an equal amount of pop culture as sports. I can't handle the all sports/screaming hosts that the east coast seems to love

Since we're on the topic, hearing this dude's voice makes me hate my ears. Never listened to him for long but unfortunately hear advertisements for his show all the time. If Chicago had a voice, this is it

whatwouldcooleydo?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I started listening to Rome around 1997 and a couple years later DBT entered my life via satellite radio. They've been the most consistent thing going in my adult life besides climbing and drinking.
Have a take and don't suck! Applies to our band.
in other news, I just got a brand new set of golf clubs. is that irony?

whatwouldcooleydo?

crossposted from WTF?

NHL Prospect Who Thought He Had Serious Disease Instead Crapped Out 25-Inch Tapeworm

Meyer’s 2017-18 season with the RedHawks was totally derailed because of the parasite, as The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline reported in lovely detail. The prospect had no appetite, lost weight, and was falling asleep during drills. Test results couldn’t pinpoint it to mononucleosis or something similar. Meyer finally discovered what was draining his energy when he sat on the toilet in February:

“I was going to the bathroom, just like normal,” Meyer said. “And it came out.”

It was a 25-inch tapeworm — the head, the neck and all of the segments, about 50 of them. It was orange. Meyer almost fainted.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Holy shit, the nearly 5 hour long Nadal/ Thiem match was absolutely spectacular, especially given the conditions. Rose above being just an epic tennis match to the level of epic sport. Wow! I was for Thiem and there were several junctures in the match where the match looked to be his, but old man Nadal showed why he is one of the greats. So glad I stayed up

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

This won't make a blip on the national radar, but a kid from my very small town just qualified for the US Open at Pebble Beach. Pretty cool to grow up playing on our local 9-hole course and then end up in a major tournament just a couple years out of college.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/chi ... ooooooooo/

whatwouldcooleydo?

rlipps wrote:This won't make a blip on the national radar, but a kid from my very small town just qualified for the US Open at Pebble Beach. Pretty cool to grow up playing on our local 9-hole course and then end up in a major tournament just a couple years out of college.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/chi ... ooooooooo/
That is awesome! Had tickets to 3rd and 4th rounds but unfortunately had to sell them. Good luck to him

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:That is awesome! Good luck to him
x2

whatwouldcooleydo?

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

SO WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH THE MIND OF THE GIRL IN THE PICTURE? SHE SHARES THAT AND MORE

Billy Watkins wrote:It is more than a picture.

It is art, worthy of hanging in a fancy museum for men, women and children to stare at, to draw their own conclusions about what was being shouted by the boisterous teenage boys, and what was going through the mind of the straight-faced, pig-tailed teenage girl who stood before them.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

:lol:
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

RolanK wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:55 pm
:lol:
Ive been skiing once and it worked out pretty much like this.