NHL

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: NHL

Post by Zip City »

THE CITY OF BOSTON'S LONG CHAMPIONSHIP DROUGHT IS OVER
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Congrats to the Bruins! Awesome.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Erdlivz wrote:Congrats to the Bruins! Awesome.

x2 Nice job.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

the Patriots now have the longest Boston title drought (2005) :x
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Zip City wrote:the Patriots now have the longest Boston title drought (2005) :x

:lol:
Spoiled rotten.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ALSUM!! :D :D :D

Picked a good bandwagon to jump on that's for sure. :D But yeah Clams, now i look around and it's already the middle of June and the hockey season just ended? WTF? But still, I'll take it :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:the Patriots now have the longest Boston title drought (2005) :x

That's what happens when 18 - 0 and 14 - 2 teams can't win the big one. :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Zip City wrote:THE CITY OF BOSTON'S LONG CHAMPIONSHIP DROUGHT IS OVER

:lol:

welcome to Titletown.

what a great game, and what a great series and playoff run. while the Canucks were arguably the more skilled team, the Bruins had an unassailable goalie and game plan, and Marchand (Tyler who?) impressed the hell out of me.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

always a little better when an original 6 team skates the cup.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Congrats to all of you Boston fans. Well played.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

This little piece highlights the difference between The Bruins and The Canucks and why Boston won.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

cortez the killer

We can be Heroes...
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

is that Linsday Lohan? :roll:

anyone gonna go to the parade tmrw? i might if my brother decides to come up from NJ.

cortez the killer

tinnitus photography wrote:is that Linsday Lohan? :roll:

anyone gonna go to the parade tmrw? i might if my brother decides to come up from NJ.

It's Hayden Panettiere who was on the show Heroes. I've never seen the show, but I found this picture on The Boston Globe online.

Amazingly enough, I'll be in Boston Saturday, but I will not be able to attend the parade. It should be a great one.
- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Just wanted to throw a congrats towards the Bruins and their fans. I generally don't root for Boston teams, but as an Original 6 fan, its hard not to. I also hate the Canucks (despite being 1/2 Canadian myself, no joke) and don't like the idea of them being the Canadian team to bring the Cup back to Canada. I hope that the new Winnipeg franchise does that.

I also think its cool that all 4 Boston teams have won titles in the past 7 years. I don't think that has EVER happened to another city.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Parade was lots of fun!!!! I would think more than a million folks showed up. My only issue with it was the really public and open use of drugs and booze, as there were so many children there and that just isn't cool in my book. Maybe I am getting old but seriously shit-faced before 11 am!!!!! Other than that it was a lot of fun and Boston was alive with energy and great support for their town and the Bruins!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

cortez the killer

- DPM

Clams

Post by Clams »

cortez the killer wrote:Image
Party like a Stanley Cup Winner

At least they got comped a bottle of champagne.
If you don't run you rust

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I was at the Eddie Vedder tour opener in Providence on the night of Game 7. When a roadie came out with a big poster board with a "1" under the B and a "0" under the V, the crowd absolutely erupted. With each score update, the crowd seemed to get a little more relaxed. It was quite a night in RI.
A Pearl Jam buddy of mine had tickets for the show but chose to skip it so he could watch the game on TV with friends instead. I know he's from MA and all, but I still think he was crazy. If he had been holding a ticket for Game 7 that would have been something else...
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Make it four straight! Always great beating the Red Wings!

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Chalk up another win over the Red Wings. I hope Toews gets back after the road trip as predicted. Hawks need to put it together down the stretch.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Erdlivz wrote:Chalk up another win over the Red Wings. I hope Toews gets back after the road trip as predicted. Hawks need to put it together down the stretch.

I just want Toews healthy for the playoffs. If they can get back to their early season form, a deep run seems possible. After sneaking in and coming so damn close to pulling off one of the greatest series comebacks of all-time, it just left me hungry.

I can't wait for the playoffs. Lots of beer and "Chelsea Dagger".

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Iowan wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:Chalk up another win over the Red Wings. I hope Toews gets back after the road trip as predicted. Hawks need to put it together down the stretch.

I just want Toews healthy for the playoffs. If they can get back to their early season form, a deep run seems possible. After sneaking in and coming so damn close to pulling off one of the greatest series comebacks of all-time, it just left me hungry.

I can't wait for the playoffs. Lots of beer and "Chelsea Dagger".

I agree. I'm glad they've kept him out. They can play with anyone if they make a late season healthy run or just keep pace. Last year was something else in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is the best. I'll be living with my Red Wings fan of a girlfriend this year so hopefully we stand the test together and doesn't mind the Blackhawks flag behind our couch........ :x

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

I agree. I'm glad they've kept him out. They can play with anyone if they make a late season healthy run or just keep pace. Last year was something else in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is the best. I'll be living with my Red Wings fan of a girlfriend this year so hopefully we stand the test together and doesn't mind the Blackhawks flag behind our couch........ :x[/quote]

Big win for the Flyers tonight over the Caps. Maybe the enigmatic Bryzgalov is coming into his own and starting to earn his paycheck? We shall see...
BTW, anyone else sick of that annoying airhorn they blast throughout the entire game in the Caps arena?! Annoying. :x

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

BTW, anyone else sick of that annoying airhorn they blast throughout the entire game in the Caps arena?! Annoying.

Not certain of that sound but this song has gotta annoy opposing teams to the max! It took a bit for me but winning is winning.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Erdlivz wrote:
BTW, anyone else sick of that annoying airhorn they blast throughout the entire game in the Caps arena?! Annoying.

Not certain of that sound but this song has gotta annoy opposing teams to the max! It took a bit for me but winning is winning.

211poundsofpork

Big win for the Flyers tonight over the mighty Red Wings. Huge night too: Flyers retired Mark Howe's #2 jersey before the game. His dad, Mr. Hockey was there as well. Almost shed a tear. Now if the Rangers and Pens would just start sucking...

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Who's ready for some STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS?!?!?! Best post season in professional sports.

I LOVE the Blackhawks draw as the 6th seed. Had they beat Detroit in regulation on Saturday and got up to a 5 seed, I think the Nashville match up would have been much tougher than the Phoenix match up.

211poundsofpork

Damn straight, Iowan! Best playoffs ever. Very interesting matchups. I can't stand the Rangers or the Caps, but I'd rather see the Caps take them down big time. Me, being all about Philly am pulling for them to kick Crosby's ass. Should be a heck of a series. Out in the west, I really want to see how Phoenix does. Hopefully Mike Smith be THAT unbeatable goalie in the playoffs.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Iowan wrote:Who's ready for some STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS?!?!?! Best post season in professional sports.

I LOVE the Blackhawks draw as the 6th seed. Had they beat Detroit in regulation on Saturday and got up to a 5 seed, I think the Nashville match up would have been much tougher than the Phoenix match up.

Ugh. No doubt. I was cringing during the game especially with Toews on the mend. Much better draw as a 6 seed and can't wait to get the playoffs going.