I recommend this Blues Bros. guitarist Matt Murphy story

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ChicoHarris

I recommend this Blues Bros. guitarist Matt Murphy story

Post by ChicoHarris »

Dick Waterman is a friend of a quarter century who lives here in Oxford and who I have much, much respect for. Not for his artistic talents or his incredible music connections/stories, but for the upright, good, honorable man he is. He has a great reputation among older musicians and music industry people, and there are plenty of younger ones who could learn from him.

Anyway, the music stories this man has never stop. I've been at his house when Bob Dylan called to chat (they've been friends over 50 years). When we saw Eric Clapton in Memphis recently, at one point Clapton nods down at Dick and says, "This is for Dick Waterman." At the 1989 Blues Awards in Memphis, he fetched me from the bar and took me into a room to meet and talk with Willie Dixon. When I met Bill Wyman here in Oxford, one of the first things he said was, "You're very lucky to have Dick Waterman living here in Oxford." That kind of stuff never stops with Dick Waterman.

And, when I think I've heard all of the stories, and some of them at least three times, he pulls out one like this about Blues Brothers guitarist Matt Murphy:
http://www.dickwaterman.com/2012/belush ... hy-and-me/