The publisher of the Oxford American just dropped by...

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

The publisher of the Oxford American just dropped by...

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

He's running for office and came to ask for my vote. I'm thinking about it. He asked if there was anything he could do to get my vote, and I said, "Yes. You can put the Drive-By Truckers on your next CD." Then I thought better of it and said, "On second thought, they're doing pretty well right now. You should put the Dexateens on instead," to which he replied that they'd reunited them for some shows in Alabama, which I knew but had forgotten. When I mentioned missing that last show, he promised me that, if they brought DBT or the Dexateens to their new venue, they'd save me a ticket.

I'll have to read up on the two people running--the primary is the whole race--before I decide. I liked the other guy, too, when I talked with him at an event at church a few weeks ago. I did think this was an obnoxious piece of boosterism and special pleading, but that's not really enough reason to vote against the man.

I do kind of wonder if he didn't read the bumper stickers on my truck before speaking to me--I'd do that--or if he decided leading with "You know, I'm friends with Patterson Hood," just wasn't the right way to lead off. It wasn't, of course, which suggests he's got good judgement.

Just another life in the day.

EDITED to try to spell "publisher" right, then to add an 'e' to "house". I guess there's a limit to how long a title can be. So, fine. I won't title this "The publisher of the Oxford American just dropped by my house".
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be