Dog Humping

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

AprilTwister

Dog Humping

Post by AprilTwister »

So my 1yr old neutered male rotti/shep X has recently decided to start humping the face of other male dogs at the doggie park. :shock: What gives ?? We're relatively new to the doggie park experience ( about 2 wks in ) and previously he was the perfect young gentleman.. playful, polite and cordial to all breeds/sex and very friendly with the owners. Now, since Wed, seems all he wants to do is face hump male dogs and we've had to leave in shame.

We love our Benmont ( he's named after the great Benmont Tench - imagine what he'd think! ) but this behaviour is embarrasing. I've googled and everything I've found so far relates to humping the old fashioned way.

Anyone else out there have a same sex face humping dog? Is is a phase? How do we get him to stop?
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

'Scratch

Re: Dog Humping

Post by 'Scratch »

It sounds to me like your boy is trying to establish a little pack dominance. Perfectly natural unless/until it gets out of hand and he starts getting aggressive in other ways. But I'd discourage it given his breeding. You don't want a Rottie/Shep mix thinking they're the boss. That's your job.

My Lab tries to hump my boots when I'm not looking.
Not forever, just for now.

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

thanks Scratch.. checked out some *dominence* online and you're bang on. Some good tips I found ( distracting techniques ).. one site actually suggested having the vet inject female hormones :o

think i'll try the less evasive techniques first.. hoping today's visit goes better
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Maybe Benmont is saying to the other dogs, "you so ugly I can't tell if your coming or going so I'll just hump whatever end is closest to me". Do you have a cat? If so, Benmont will probably help you clean the litter box too. :D
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

garnersound

Post by garnersound »

scratch is right.
it's not a sexual thing.
it's all about pack dominance.
i have 2 labs, a male 10 year old a female that is 2.
whenever play time gets intense, she humps him almost uncontrollably.
it's super funny, if she "falls off", she will stand there and do the "air hump".
he is the elder and the boss when it comes down to it, but she really likes to think she's the one in control.
oh yeah....
according to my mom, they smell like skunks. ;)
we're all just humans being.

ChicoHarris

Post by ChicoHarris »

Thank goodness. I thought this was about the Hump, where the Mississippi State Bulldogs play basketball...

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Thank goodness, I was hoping this wasnt someone looking for advice after being caught!.......
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.