this WTF?!?! deserves its own thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

this WTF?!?! deserves its own thread

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Re: this WTF?!?! deserves its own thread

Post by beantownbubba »

The story speaks for itself, i guess, but the comments are unbelievably stupid. In addition to the easily anticipated and obvious juvenile stuff, at least 3 of the first dozen or so commenters apparently think that the woman is suing for a mere $15,000 when the quoted text says in plain English "in excess of $15,000. Big difference, theoretically an infinite difference. And these folks are acting all superior and such.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

roland

Post by roland »

Van WIlder, anyone?

joelle

Post by joelle »

beantownbubba wrote:The story speaks for itself, i guess, but the comments are unbelievably stupid. In addition to the easily anticipated and obvious juvenile stuff, at least 3 of the first dozen or so commenters apparently think that the woman is suing for a mere $15,000 when the quoted text says in plain English "in excess of $15,000. Big difference, theoretically an infinite difference. And these folks are acting all superior and such.

:evil: advocate
i did not read the comments
but the story does not speak (to me at least) for itself. because you can't always believe what you read.
i sympathize for the woman's anxiety and medical condition.
I can understand how difficult a situation it is when a good doctor who has cared for you for 25 years retires
and you are left.... ( up shit creek? with not a pot to piss in? should i go on? or is it too easy?)
but ( and there is always a butt)...
she was an original employee,
she had been there a long time
and obviously (probably) was in good standing,
maybe (hopefully) even had some strong relationship established with co workers or even management.
and yet
at no point did she make her condition known.
at no point did she get a note from her original doctor
at no point did she ask for a desk closer to the restroom.
what she did do was
chose to use a public space to relieve her uncontrollable bowel
and then dispose of human waste in an unsanitary manner. ( double bag ain't gonna cut it.)
while i do not want to make a judgment as I do not have all the facts,
and because i do not want to make a judgment (* :roll: )i don't watch ESPN anyway
i can see both sides.
and finally,
as far as making the woman 'a martyr', if ESPN did not do it
that article written by slanty mc slanterson sure sealed that deal.