Page 575 of 583

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am
by pearlbeer
305 Engine wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm
As a general fan of America from afar I'd like to say I hope you guys pull yourselves out of this shit and I'm confident you will. And you'll come back stronger.

I'd like to say that but fuck, you're making it hard at the moment.
Being a general fan of America must feel like being a Knicks fan.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:18 am
by beantownbubba
pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am
305 Engine wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm
As a general fan of America from afar I'd like to say I hope you guys pull yourselves out of this shit and I'm confident you will. And you'll come back stronger.

I'd like to say that but fuck, you're making it hard at the moment.
Being a general fan of America must feel like being a Knicks fan.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm
by 305 Engine
pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am
305 Engine wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm
As a general fan of America from afar I'd like to say I hope you guys pull yourselves out of this shit and I'm confident you will. And you'll come back stronger.

I'd like to say that but fuck, you're making it hard at the moment.
Being a general fan of America must feel like being a Knicks fan.
Not a big enough fan to know what that actually means.

But i guess if America were a sports team Id be demanding that the coach get fired and would probably think hard about whether i should keep my season ticket.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:41 pm
by whatwouldcooleydo?
If the USA were a sports team it should be relegated

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:41 pm
by Flea
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:41 pm
If the USA were a sports team it should be relegated
If the USA were a dog, I'd recommend euthanasia.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm
by Jonicont
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:41 pm
If the USA were a sports team it should be relegated

:lol:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
by whatwouldcooleydo?
If the USA were a sports team it would be the Dallas Cowboys:

-haven't won anything in ages but still strut around like the cock o' the walk

-supporters are loud and obnoxious

-loathed by many

-led by preening narcissists

Image

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:25 pm
by LBRod
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
If the USA were a sports team it would be the Dallas Cowboys:

-haven't won anything in ages but still strut around like the cock o' the walk

-supporters are loud and obnoxious

-loathed by many

-led by preening narcissists

Image
"America's Team"

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 pm
by John A Arkansawyer
Flea wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:41 pm
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:41 pm
If the USA were a sports team it should be relegated
If the USA were a dog, I'd recommend euthanasia.
Euthanasia? Not me! I'm positively cheered by the youth in America. I don't think we need the youth in Asia to help them out.
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
If the USA were a sports team it would be the Dallas Cowboys:
Image
There's no love quite so pure as the hatred of Texas, no Texasses more pure than the Dallas Fucking Plowboys, and no irony more rich than that the top Texass* is noted Arkansan and all-around asshole Jerry Jones.

*Usage note: One person from Texas is a Texass. Two people or more people from Texas are Texasses. An group of people from Texas is a shitload of Texasses. That should clear things up. Except that little zit at the corner of your right eye. That's never going away.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am
by beantownbubba
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
If the USA were a sports team it would be the Dallas Cowboys:

-haven't won anything in ages but still strut around like the cock o' the walk

-supporters are loud and obnoxious

-loathed by many

-led by preening narcissists
Nice. A direct hit.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm
by beantownbubba
Since the news cycle seems to be down to about 2 hours, everything that happened while the site was down or over the couple of days I was away is now somewhere between untimely and ancient history. So I'll just say that our political situation is completely off the charts nuts and it's really too bad that so much outrageousness has become normalized. More important, while Nero and the "Senate" (i.e. Congress") fiddle, Rome burns. SMH. :cry:

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm
by pearlbeer
beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm
Since the news cycle seems to be down to about 2 hours, everything that happened while the site was down or over the couple of days I was away is now somewhere between untimely and ancient history. So I'll just say that our political situation is completely off the charts nuts and it's really too bad that so much outrageousness has become normalized. More important, while Nero and the "Senate" (i.e. Congress") fiddle, Rome burns. SMH. :cry:
Fuck Trump.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:45 pm
by chuckrh
pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:47 pm
Since the news cycle seems to be down to about 2 hours, everything that happened while the site was down or over the couple of days I was away is now somewhere between untimely and ancient history. So I'll just say that our political situation is completely off the charts nuts and it's really too bad that so much outrageousness has become normalized. More important, while Nero and the "Senate" (i.e. Congress") fiddle, Rome burns. SMH. :cry:
Fuck Trump.
If there were any justice it would be a gang of big mean convicts fucking Trump in prison.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:04 pm
by Clams
beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm
If the USA were a sports team it would be the Dallas Cowboys:

-haven't won anything in ages but still strut around like the cock o' the walk

-supporters are loud and obnoxious

-loathed by many

-led by preening narcissists
Nice. A direct hit.
x2. Well done.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
by Iowan
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am
by beantownbubba
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.
I mean this in the nicest possible way but, who cares? Fuck Trump. Beat Trump. Get Trump the fuck out of the White House. Nothing else matters.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm
by Iowan
beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.
I mean this in the nicest possible way but, who cares? Fuck Trump. Beat Trump. Get Trump the fuck out of the White House. Nothing else matters.
No, I'm right there with you. That's all that matters.

But I still care about the other stuff too. I won't run Harris down in any "public" forum, but at this point, it's mostly a left of center conversation in this forum and I figured we can be candid.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm
by Jonicont
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.

I’m not so sure. If she has an future ambitions, she’ll have to push those agendas

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:34 pm
by cortez the killer
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.
I had the exact opposite reaction. Who did you want him to pick?

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:36 pm
by cortez the killer

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this fine lady had a similar reaction as Iowan did to the Kamala Harris announcement.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:57 pm
by Iowan
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:34 pm
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.
I had the exact opposite reaction. Who did you want him to pick?
I really don't know, TBH. I think Harris is smart, politically savvy, and capable of governing.

I don't think she shares my priorities.

Like I said, this is not anywhere close to a deal breaker. Just venting.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm
by Iowan
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this fine lady had a similar reaction as Iowan did to the Kamala Harris announcement.
That woman probably thinks Kamala Harris is the leader of a terrorist organization.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm
by Iowan
Jonicont wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.

I’m not so sure. If she has an future ambitions, she’ll have to push those agendas
One would think, but that (seemingly popular) issue has just vanished from the Dem message. The crappiest part is that I believe it's one of the main bastions of institutionalized racism, and it has a surprising amount of cross-aisle support at the ground level.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:53 pm
by Jonicont
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm
Jonicont wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.

I’m not so sure. If she has an future ambitions, she’ll have to push those agendas
One would think, but that (seemingly popular) issue has just vanished from the Dem message. The crappiest part is that I believe it's one of the main bastions of institutionalized racism, and it has a surprising amount of cross-aisle support at the ground level.
No argument there. Lot of balls in the air right now. Pretty sure that one will come back in for a landing. Let’s wait and see what’s in the platform statement

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:21 pm
by Jonicont
Well, she just brought up racism and systemic injustice in her speech with Biden. It’s a start. We’ll see

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:53 pm
by chuckrh
Harris is going to destroy Pence in a debate. A worthy aspiration.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:59 pm
by beantownbubba
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm
No, I'm right there with you. That's all that matters.

But I still care about the other stuff too. I won't run Harris down in any "public" forum, but at this point, it's mostly a left of center conversation in this forum and I figured we can be candid.
Yep.
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm
That woman probably thinks Kamala Harris is the leader of a terrorist organization.
And that she was born in Kenya.
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm
One would think, but that (seemingly popular) issue has just vanished from the Dem message. The crappiest part is that I believe it's one of the main bastions of institutionalized racism, and it has a surprising amount of cross-aisle support at the ground level.
I suspect that may have something to do w/ Biden's starring role in passing that "put Black people in jail bill"* in the '90's along w/ Mr. Clinton.

* Sorry, I'm blanking on the name of it but I'm sure you know which one I mean. I know Biden has expressed his regrets, but still, it's not a great issue for him, especially since Trump signed the criminal justice reform bill (though he's since disavowed it). It's complicated.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:30 pm
by John A Arkansawyer
Jonicont wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:32 pm
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am
I'm sorry, but the Harris pick sucks. This administration will do jack shit to address criminal reform and end the war on drugs.

I'm still voting for them, but color me unimpressed.

I’m not so sure. If she has an future ambitions, she’ll have to push those agendas
She's smart and ambitious and doesn't need a weatherman. She might surprise us in the good way. As Robert Caro said of LBJ, "Power reveals".

I myself am ready to vote for a scoop of curdled cottage cheese and a side of bland sauce, and expect to prove it in November.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:00 am
by Iowan
beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:59 pm
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 pm
No, I'm right there with you. That's all that matters.

But I still care about the other stuff too. I won't run Harris down in any "public" forum, but at this point, it's mostly a left of center conversation in this forum and I figured we can be candid.
Yep.
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm
That woman probably thinks Kamala Harris is the leader of a terrorist organization.
And that she was born in Kenya.
Iowan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm
One would think, but that (seemingly popular) issue has just vanished from the Dem message. The crappiest part is that I believe it's one of the main bastions of institutionalized racism, and it has a surprising amount of cross-aisle support at the ground level.
I suspect that may have something to do w/ Biden's starring role in passing that "put Black people in jail bill"* in the '90's along w/ Mr. Clinton.

* Sorry, I'm blanking on the name of it but I'm sure you know which one I mean. I know Biden has expressed his regrets, but still, it's not a great issue for him, especially since Trump signed the criminal justice reform bill (though he's since disavowed it). It's complicated.
Yeah, I know the bill you're referencing.

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:14 pm
by Swamp
Swamp wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:11 pm
I may get to be a "special deputy"

He is running for re-election.
:( No special deputies. He has till the end of the day to resign or be arrested.