The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

An interesting attempt to answer a couple of the questions recently raised above concerning "down ballot" Republicans. It doesn't feel totally satisfying to me but it may be the closest we'll come to an explanation until well after these events are behind us.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... =TNY_Daily
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Howlinwolf wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:55 pm
Nice going protesters - real class

https://nypost.com/2020/07/22/city-hall ... ay-grates/
“All the people who were here were going to the bathroom in the vents,” the transit boss said.
yep. all of them.

unleashing a torrent of piss and shit like you've never seen. the floods of Noah's time had nothing on this expulsion of bodily fluids from ALL THE PEOPLE.

good journalism, NY Post.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:01 am
Howlinwolf wrote:

“All the people who were here were going to the bathroom in the vents,” the transit boss said.
yep. all of them.

unleashing a torrent of piss and shit like you've never seen. the floods of Noah's time had nothing on this expulsion of bodily fluids from ALL THE PEOPLE.

Yep. They are right up there with FOX news for accurate & non-sensational reporting.

tinnitus photography

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:40 am
Howlinwolf wrote:

yep. all of them.

Yep. They are right up there with FOX news for accurate & non-sensational reporting.
Mother Jones is reporting that the real culprit was Dave Matthews' tour bus.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 am
chuckrh wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:40 am

yep. all of them.

Mother Jones is reporting that the real culprit was Dave Matthews' tour bus.
Used to call him the anti-Christ Dave. Then I saw him open for the Stones & decided that he was too boring to be the anti-Christ.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I was not asked to contribute. I'm a bit hurt.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

tinnitus photography

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:20 pm
it should almost be like a remake of Hands Across America.

John A Arkansawyer

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:04 pm
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:20 pm
it should almost be like a remake of Hands Across America.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Another reflex reaction to this fucked up world...and I apologize for doing so and taking a left turn here - just watched AOC's point of personal privilege with my daughter. It was so refreshing to listen to an articulate voice, stringing two actual sentences together, and more or less, effectively and rationally illustrating a point. And I thought, while the idealism is discernible, there is a confidence that beckons greater things. Then, my daughter shows me a twitter thread and the pure evil and hatred was rampant and took the wind right out of my sails. We better fucking pray that women are the future..........and then.......the Feds jack-booting into town to make 'the disappeared' a catch phrase again.

And I thought, damn, I really have a hard time imagining myself going back south of the border anytime soon. I have no idea how y'all get through it. As Ringo would say...'Peace and Love' (Motherfuckers) from Nova Scotia - lots of wide open spaces here and Heathens are welcome anytime.

PS - So happy the boys love Toronto
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Flea

Post by Flea »

blessedcurse wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:50 pm
Another reflex reaction to this fucked up world...and I apologize for doing so and taking a left turn here - just watched AOC's point of personal privilege with my daughter. It was so refreshing to listen to an articulate voice, stringing two actual sentences together, and more or less, effectively and rationally illustrating a point. And I thought, while the idealism is discernible, there is a confidence that beckons greater things. Then, my daughter shows me a twitter thread and the pure evil and hatred was rampant and took the wind right out of my sails. We better fucking pray that women are the future..........and then.......the Feds jack-booting into town to make 'the disappeared' a catch phrase again.

And I thought, damn, I really have a hard time imagining myself going back south of the border anytime soon. I have no idea how y'all get through it. As Ringo would say...'Peace and Love' (Motherfuckers) from Nova Scotia - lots of wide open spaces here and Heathens are welcome anytime.

I just watched that - she should have done a mike drop when concluded. I'll bet a cookie will lure you south once we deal with our viral issues...
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Flea wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:56 pm
blessedcurse wrote:

I just watched that - she should have done a mike drop when concluded. I'll bet a cookie will lure you south once we deal with our viral issues...
Remember, cookies are legal in Canada. True sign of civilization.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Flea wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:56 pm
blessedcurse wrote:

Well...you could always just share the recipe... ;)
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

John A Arkansawyer

blessedcurse wrote:
Another reflex reaction to this fucked up world...and I apologize for doing so and taking a left turn here - just watched AOC's point of personal privilege with my daughter. It was so refreshing to listen to an articulate voice, stringing two actual sentences together, and more or less, effectively and rationally illustrating a point. And I thought, while the idealism is discernible, there is a confidence that beckons greater things. Then, my daughter shows me a twitter thread and the pure evil and hatred was rampant and took the wind right out of my sails.
So far as that goes, just remember any asshole with a flip phone can crawl under a rock and still get good enough signal to tweet. One AOC doing it up right in public is worth eleventy-dozen thousand of those faint-hearted fatuous fuckwads, minimum.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Fuck Trump
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blessedcurse wrote:

Yeah, that speech was pretty amazing. I thought it was a lot more "more" than "less." As always, that it needs to be said in 2020 is sad and discouraging, but damn, if you're gonna say it, that's the way to do it.

As for the assholes, they are our burden to bear, no doubt. I assure you, however you feel about them, those of us who share citizenship and space w/ them are 10x more disgusted, despairing and just plain tired of them. Thanks for the very tempting offer...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Oh yeah, forgot to say: Fuck Trump.

Flea

Post by Flea »

blessedcurse wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:15 pm

It's a secret. And if everyone can do it, no one will want to hang with me at HC. But I will say this: the key to a successful bake is patience and decarboxylation.
Now it's dark.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Flea wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:02 pm
blessedcurse wrote:

decarboxylation.
There you go again trying to fool us with science
Always go to the show

Flea

Post by Flea »

Jonicont wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm
Flea wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:02 pm
blessedcurse wrote:

decarboxylation.
There you go again trying to fool us with science
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/barr-dest ... r-goodwin/

Jerry Nadler - please don't come back to NYC -

tinnitus photography

"It depends on what kind of assistance."

this is the top guy in charge of overseeing compliance with our laws. funny how the Post never even mentioned this. what a craven toady.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5094 ... wsource=cl

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

His testimony was smug, callous and intentionally evasive. He was just there to 'own the libs'. It was a disgusting display and I hope one day his Grandchildren will be embarrassed to be related to him. I deeply question Bill Barr's competency, commitment to the rule of law, his commitment to the American People (all of them) and his commitment to the United States. He is an asshole, a liar and a traitor. Fuck Bill Barr and Fuck Trump.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Louie Gohmert, noted asshole who refuses to wear a mask, tested positive for Covid.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... rus-386076

Thoughts and prayers.....

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Howlinwolf wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:45 am

Sorry my friend, I can't follow you down this path even a little bit. Fair warning: Bill Barr is a sore spot for me to begin with but I have to say that article bore no relation to the bits that I saw and the expansive coverage I read about the hearing. Barr is a lying sack of shit and it is a mystery to me how Goodwin saw him owning anyone. His testimony was an embarrassment to truth, the DOJ and the people of the United States. One can only hope that karma actually exists and will work its magic on the worst attorney general in the history of the United States (and that includes John Mitchell).

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Howlinwolf wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:45 am

This is from the writer of a newsletter to which I subscribe. The writer prefers anonymity in public but I know who he is and he's a real person with real bona fides. It sums things up pretty well I think but in more detail than I provided above. Also, I think his comments about how the MSM botched the story are dead on.

Nancy Pelosi described Bill Barr’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee as “despicable.” She is guilty of understatement. Barr was condescending and contemptuous of the American people, and nakedly partisan in his defense of Trump. He repeated Trump’s baseless claims that mail-in ballots could lead to massive fraud—but then admitted he had no evidence to support that claim. He dismissed the notion that he should examine Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s prison sentence by saying, “Why would I?” Barr lied about his lies about the Mueller Report. He lied about his lie that Geoffrey Berman had “stepped down” as U.S. Attorney, saying, “He stepped down; he just wasn’t aware of it.”

Barr claims he does not read Trump’s tweets or listen to statements Trump makes to the press—giving him implausible deniability about Trump’s public admissions of illegal conduct. Barr casually lumped together violent and peaceful protestors to portray all protestors as violent. He defended the obscene attack on peaceful demonstrators in Lafayette Square. He described protestors who paint graffiti and throw water bottles as “anarchists,” but had nothing to say about white supremacists who invaded the Michigan Capitol with rifles, ammunition belts, and Swastikas.

Major newspapers botched this story. Their reporting emphasized the political back-and-forth between Barr and his examiners rather than the substance of Barr’s shameful answers. See NYTimes, “Barr Clashes With House Democrats, Defending Responses to Protests and Russia Inquiry,” and WaPo, “Democrats seek to shame Barr over politics at the Justice Department.” At one point, Barr said that it was acceptable for a candidate to accept election assistance from a foreign power, “depending on the nature of the assistance.” The incredulous examiner repeated the question, and Barr realized he made a horrendous mistake by admitting that Trump believes it is appropriate to accept help from a foreign state—a crime under federal election law. Barr changed his answer to “No” when the question was put to him a second time. He should have changed his response to, “I resign. I am unfit to serve as Attorney General.”

Donald Trump is the most dangerous threat to American democracy. Bill Barr is the second most dangerous threat. But Barr’s offense is greater. Trump is a threat because he is a malignant narcissist who puts his interests above those of the nation he leads. Bill Barr knows better but continues to betray his oath to defend the Constitution every day he remains in office.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

As a general fan of America from afar I'd like to say I hope you guys pull yourselves out of this shit and I'm confident you will. And you'll come back stronger.

I'd like to say that but fuck, you're making it hard at the moment.

Flea

Post by Flea »

305 Engine wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm
As a general fan of America from afar I'd like to say I hope you guys pull yourselves out of this shit and I'm confident you will. And you'll come back stronger.

I am becoming much less optimistic that will happen.
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

305 Engine wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm

The path is unclear and the outcome is uncertain but plenty of people are trying to make it happen in one form or another. But even if it goes well (however one wants to define that) I don't think there's any question that permanent damage has been done to this country. Dealing with that damage and working around or through it will have to be part of the new normal.