The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I think we're ready to officially name the cabinet as the "Swamp Cabinet" w/ all apologies and regrets to our very own swamp people.

Between the contributors of massive funds to the very people who approved their appointments, the multiple billionaires, the professional politicians and the Goldman Sachs veterans, this is as swampy a cabinet as I can recall. It lacks only a formally registered lobbyist to be a perfect representation of the swamp. Once again I can only wonder if and when the people who voted for trump will get wise. Or maybe they just like getting fucked. Or maybe they're too busy wondering why they wanted to lock hillary up. Something about private email servers wasn't it? Or maybe they're wondering whether "buy Ivanka" is the same as "let them eat cake." I wonder if they know they're the "them" in that sentence?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:I think we're ready to officially name the cabinet as the "Swamp Cabinet" w/ all apologies and regrets to our very own swamp people.

Between the contributors of massive funds to the very people who approved their appointments, the multiple billionaires, the professional politicians and the Goldman Sachs veterans, this is as swampy a cabinet as I can recall. It lacks only a formally registered lobbyist to be a perfect representation of the swamp. Once again I can only wonder if and when the people who voted for trump will get wise. Or maybe they just like getting fucked. Or maybe they're too busy wondering why they wanted to lock hillary up. Something about private email servers wasn't it? Or maybe they're wondering whether "buy Ivanka" is the same as "let them eat cake." I wonder if they know they're the "them" in that sentence?

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:I think we're ready to officially name the cabinet as the "Swamp Cabinet" w/ all apologies and regrets to our very own swamp people.

it is truly unpresidented ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Valentine's Day is coming

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Hey Clams, Brett, and all you other PSU alumnus (alumni? alum?), here's a good read from a PSU professor:
http://www.salon.com/2017/02/11/hitting ... ald-trump/
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I find this especially disturbing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... travel-ban

“We have a judiciary that has taken far too much power and become in many cases a supreme branch of government,” said Stephen Miller, a senior adviser to Trump on immigration issues, appearing on the CBS program Face the Nation.

Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.”

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I find this especially disturbing

“We have a judiciary that has taken far too much power and become in many cases a supreme branch of government,” said Stephen Miller, a senior adviser to Trump on immigration issues, appearing on the CBS program Face the Nation.

Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.”
I understand that Stephen Miller is all of 31 years old. Call me an arrogant asshole or whatever you will, but I'm gonna guess that Miller doesn't know a fraction of what I knew at 31 and i didn't know shit back then. The idea of policy being made and carried out by a 31 year old baby is some combination of scary and fucking absurd. The idea that he actually thinks he knows what he's talking about much less what he's doing is pathetic, ridiculous and without question completely wrong. Fuck Stephen Miller. Fuck Trump. And fuck steve too, while we're at it.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:

I understand that Stephen Miller is all of 31 years old. Call me an arrogant asshole or whatever you will, but I'm gonna guess that Miller doesn't know a fraction of what I knew at 31 and i didn't know shit back then. The idea of policy being made and carried out by a 31 year old baby is some combination of scary and fucking absurd. The idea that he actually thinks he knows what he's talking about much less what he's doing is pathetic, ridiculous and without question completely wrong. Fuck Stephen Miller. Fuck Trump. And fuck steve too, while we're at it.
and on top of all that, Stephen Miller is a dook grad ;)

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:

How do you really feel?
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

How do you really feel?
I'm glad you asked that question.

I've generally been opposed to term limits on elected officials and one of the main reason is that the inevitable result is that it would give way too much power and influence to permanent staff. That permanent staff looks a lot like Stephen Miller. Which is to say young men and women who have achieved a certain amount of academic success, graduated from elite universities and who collectively form a substantial portion of the "inside the beltway culture." They're all thrilled to have "policy making jobs," to be "making a difference" and to be having more influence over their employers than their peers in private industry. But none of them know nuthin' about nuthin'. It is a significant and dangerous flaw in our democracy that such people have so much power and influence. The older I get, the more I learn how much I don't know now and how incredibly much I didn't know then, the more scared and outraged I am that these kids ('cause that's what they are) have such an outsized influence on my life. It's not a matter of brainpower; I'm sure most of them have plenty of that. It's the combination of lack of exposure to and experience of the real world as most of us know it and the insular world that they live in which encourages them to believe that they know and understand way more than they actually do. In this particular case, I happen to have a son and daughter in law both of whom are around 30 yrs old, both of whom are very smart and graduated from a fancy college and both of whom have had a reasonable amount of success. While I'm interested to hear what each of them thinks about the power of the president to make & enforce national security decisions, the thought of them actually advising and influencing the president about those issues would have me building a bunker in my yard.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:Image
:)

Speaking of which, if you can find it (I didn't save or link it when i saw it), there's a great clip from Samantha Bee's show of one of her crew going to Scotland to see how real curmudgeons resist Trump. Very funny, very on point.

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Flea wrote:Image
:)

Speaking of which, if you can find it (I didn't save or link it when i saw it), there's a great clip from Samantha Bee's show of one of her crew going to Scotland to see how real curmudgeons resist Trump. Very funny, very on point.

Saw that when it aired, good stuff! If I remember, their primary advice was to keep pissing him off until he fucks up. Which may have been appropriate when he was just Clownface Von Fuckstick, Billionaire, but I'm not so sure now that he has nuclear launch codes,
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Oklahoma Lawmaker: Pregnant Women Are 'Hosts' Whose Bodies Don't Belong to Them

holy fucking shit, how do these fucksticks get elected to anything?

Ultimately, he said, his intent was to let men have a say. “I believe one of the breakdowns in our society is that we have excluded the man out of all of these types of decisions,” he said. “I understand that they feel like that is their body,” he said of women. “I feel like it is a separate — what I call them is, is you’re a ‘host.’ And you know when you enter into a relationship you’re going to be that host and so, you know, if you pre-know that then take all precautions and don’t get pregnant,” he explained. “So that’s where I’m at. I’m like, hey, your body is your body and be responsible with it. But after you’re irresponsible then don’t claim, well, I can just go and do this with another body, when you’re the host and you invited that in.”

don't think I've ever seen the usage of "pre-know" until now

whatwouldcooleydo?

phungi

Post by phungi »

Borrowing from the "Homecoming" Thread, I couldn't help but notice the resemblance...

We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

whatwouldcooleydo?

phungi wrote:Borrowing from the "Homecoming" Thread, I couldn't help but notice the resemblance...

yeah yeah, I know, Godwin's Law, but if the jackboots fit......

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

FWIW, Trump hated the "draining the swamp" slogan. He admitted that he thought it was dumb and wouldn't work, but only kept repeating it when it polled well. It was never something he intended or believed in
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
FWIW, Trump hated the "draining the swamp" slogan. He admitted that he thought it was dumb and wouldn't work, but only kept repeating it when it polled well. It was never something he intended or believed in
Zip Spicer

whatwouldcooleydo?

just saw someone refer to Jason Chaffetz as the "Martin Shkreli" of Congress :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Zip Spicer
I'll find you the video if you'd like
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Zip Spicer
I'll find you the video if you'd like
:roll: :roll: :roll:

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
Zip City wrote:

Zip Spicer
I'll find you the video if you'd like[/quote]

I'm having a hard time figuring out your point here, zip. So what if he "hated" using it? He "only kept repeating it when it polled well" does not reflect well on the man and imho just makes things worse.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Flynn conspired with the Russians, lied to our heads of state and negotiated on behalf of our country without legal authority. No further investigation.

But those Clinton emails........
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:Flynn conspired with the Russians, lied to our heads of state and negotiated on behalf of our country without legal authority. No further investigation.

But those Clinton emails........
Not only that, but why have the Rs not focused on the Yemen fuckaree the same way they did Benghazi?
Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

I had a small amount of begrudged respect for Rand Paul. Had. Until he said this, now I think he's just another assclown with his hand in the cookie jar:
I just don’t think it’s useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We’ll never even get started with doing the things we need to do like repealing Obamacare if we’re spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.”
Now it's dark.