The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:No, WWCD. I enjoy some of it. But there is something g inherently ridiculous to me about the scene.
Are we talking about craft beer or the Grateful Dead now?
Hey John, show us on the doll where Jimmy Two Feathers touched you with a kind veggie burrito
I have it on good authority that no one has ever touched me anywhere with a kind veggie burrito, and that sad fact is why I'm so mean to the scene. (All those slaughtered zucchinis would quarrel with the "kind" business, but what of that?)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I love craft beer, but will still drink Natty Light. Just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean you shit on people who don't, or think like the biggest assholes who enjoy that same thing.

Of course, I'm not just talking about beer at this point.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I suppose it's not true of all people in all circumstances, but it sure seems like most people are compelled to define themselves "in" and others "out" in some way, plus especially in the social media age, there is a real incentive to be perceived as an expert in something, no matter finely you have to slice the pie to find your area of "expertise." These days it's usually more subtle than the old reliables of race and class and gender, but it's the same dynamic. It used to be a very few things, like wine, but now it's everything from craft beer to vodka to baseball stats to bands to pretty much anything.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Iowan wrote:I love craft beer, but will still drink Natty Light. Just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean you shit on people who don't, or think like the biggest assholes who enjoy that same thing.

Amen.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

beantownbubba wrote:I suppose it's not true of all people in all circumstances, but it sure seems like most people are compelled to define themselves "in" and others "out" in some way, plus especially in the social media age, there is a real incentive to be perceived as an expert in something, no matter finely you have to slice the pie to find your area of "expertise." These days it's usually more subtle than the old reliables of race and class and gender, but it's the same dynamic. It used to be a very few things, like wine, but now it's everything from craft beer to vodka to baseball stats to bands to pretty much anything.
But not that many define themselves as "out" when certian concerts are announced.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:I suppose it's not true of all people in all circumstances, but it sure seems like most people are compelled to define themselves "in" and others "out" in some way, plus especially in the social media age, there is a real incentive to be perceived as an expert in something, no matter finely you have to slice the pie to find your area of "expertise." These days it's usually more subtle than the old reliables of race and class and gender, but it's the same dynamic. It used to be a very few things, like wine, but now it's everything from craft beer to vodka to baseball stats to bands to pretty much anything.
But not that many define themselves as "out" when certian concerts are announced.
"Love each other, motherfuckers"
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

OMG! Just saw this on the news and it made my day. I'm not sorry BTB but I'm an Andrew Jackson hater and a local company is making Harriet Tubman rubber stamps to fix our 20 dollar bills.
In

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Swamp wrote:OMG! Just saw this on the news and it made my day. I'm not sorry BTB but I'm an Andrew Jackson hater and a local company is making Harriet Tubman rubber stamps to fix our 20 dollar bills.
In
Andrew Jackson should never have been put on the $20 bill.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Zip City wrote:
Swamp wrote:OMG! Just saw this on the news and it made my day. I'm not sorry BTB but I'm an Andrew Jackson hater and a local company is making Harriet Tubman rubber stamps to fix our 20 dollar bills.
In
Andrew Jackson should never have been put on the $20 bill.
Now if they would change the name of Jacksonville back to Cowford

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Iowan wrote:I love craft beer, but will still drink Natty Light. Just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean you shit on people who don't, or think like the biggest assholes who enjoy that same thing.

Right. Like I said, I like some of it. Some of it sucks. People who make a big deal out of the fact that they like and are into it are annoying. That's pretty much it.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Cole Younger wrote:People who make a big deal out of the fact that they like and are into it are annoying.
Said those people who don't get/like Drive-By Truckers.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

Cole Younger wrote:

Right. Like I said, I like some of it. Some of it sucks. People who make a big deal out of the fact that they like and are into it are annoying. That's pretty much it.
So what you're saying is that this guy isn't you or one of your friends?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alc ... 0607186357
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Prince of Whales?

Dude's such a blubbering fool
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image

Prince of Whales?

Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

RolanK wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image

Prince of Whales?

Duke duke duke duke of
Whales whales whales duke of whale
Whale whale whale oil
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Make Atlantis Great Again

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

at first i gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that maybe autocorrect did that.

nope.

i tried it a few times and got Walked, Waked, and Wakes.
this is our stable genius.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Stamped $400 in 20's today. My wrist is sore. Or maybe it's rist

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

20 candidates for the 1st debate?

c'mon, man. put them in thunderdome, or jeopardy, or something to winnow the field.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

tinnitus photography wrote:20 candidates for the 1st debate?

c'mon, man. put them in thunderdome, or jeopardy, or something to winnow the field.
The DNC could separate it into two debates with the moderates during primetime and the progressives on cable access channels at 3 a.m.
Let the outside air in

whatwouldcooleydo?

tinnitus photography wrote:at first i gave him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that maybe autocorrect did that.

nope.

i tried it a few times and got Walked, Waked, and Wakes.
this is our stable genius.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

PonyGirl wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

So what you're saying is that this guy isn't you or one of your friends?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alc ... 0607186357
Well all of my friends aren't like me but this did make me laugh.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

cortez the killer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:People who make a big deal out of the fact that they like and are into it are annoying.
Said those people who don't get/like Drive-By Truckers.
No doubt. You could say this about a lot of things and this actually crossed my mind when I posted it. And honestly, it is a little ridiculous in some ways. I still enjoy it though.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

I did not watch this, but I listened to it. Seriously, if you got 2.5 hours to spare, after listening to this, who could possibly be a better candidate? Tulsi Gabbard on Joe Rogan.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tu ... &FORM=VIRE

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

oilpiers wrote:I did not watch this, but I listened to it. Seriously, if you got 2.5 hours to spare, after listening to this, who could possibly be a better candidate? Tulsi Gabbard on Joe Rogan.
The parts I heard were damn impressive.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

oilpiers wrote:I did not watch this, but I listened to it. Seriously, if you got 2.5 hours to spare, after listening to this, who could possibly be a better candidate? Tulsi Gabbard on Joe Rogan.
Could be the first POTUSILF.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

ewww, no.

She's a weirdo conservative inexplicably running as a Democrat, and has been endorsed by more than one neo-Nazi/white nationalist

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Zip City wrote:
ewww, no.

She's a weirdo conservative inexplicably running as a Democrat, and has been endorsed by more than one neo-Nazi/white nationalist
I suggest you listen, unless you want to believe stuff you are simply told. Nothing in this long interview remotely reflects anything you stated. She does address misinformation directed at her. 3 of the first things she said she would do if elected is pardon Chelsea Manning, and drop all warrants on Asange and Snowden. Is that neo-nazi right wing shit? Even if you disagree with those actions, that's way too left to be on any republican agenda. Not even the ultra libertarian wing.
Last edited by oilpiers on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

bovine knievel wrote:
Could be the first POTUSILF.
I try to separate my politics from that exact idea. That's why I listened to the podcast instead of watching it on Youtube.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

oilpiers wrote:
Zip City wrote:
ewww, no.

I suggest you listen, unless you want to believe stuff you are simply told. Nothing in this long interview remotely reflects anything you stated. She does address misinformation directed at her. 3 of the first things she said she would do if elected is pardon Chelsea Manning, and drop all warrants on Asange and Snowden. Is that neo-nazi right wing shit? Even if you disagree with those actions, that's way too left to be on any republican agenda. Not even the ultra libertarian wing.
Joe Rogan isn't exactly an unbiased source. He's the kind of guy that LJ listened to.