The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:42 pm
Bubba I’m going to address the longer post later when I have more time but “You’re more than welcome to Marjory Taylor Green.” made me laugh harder than it probably had any right to. Man that cracked me up.

That’s how I feel about all of them. Her and AOC both and all the rest. They are titts on a boar hog useless.

Agree that we aren’t going to convince each other of anything. I would never disrespect you by trying. That’s a level of arrogance I want nothing to do with.
This is the laziest of lazy takes on politics.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm
305 Engine wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:13 pm
Is the phrase "promote Anglo Saxon political traditions" as funny in the states as it is on the other side of the pond?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5487 ... traditions
I don't have a good handle on just how funny this is on your end, but my guess is that the answer is no, it's not as funny here. For one simple reason: I doubt that there are more than a few thousand people in this country (population 330 million) who have any idea what anglo saxon political traditions are and I'd bet my entire retirement account that Marjorie Taylor Greene is not one of them. I have less of a handle on Gosar but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know either. What about it wolf? Ready to take on this action?
excuse me sir but Mr Lupine needs to clear his account with the house before he takes on any more action.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:25 pm
Context is everything. What a Nobel Prize Winner says in the NYT is judged, at least by me, on a different scale than a blog dispute about popular fiction.
You'd think that, you know? But the predecessor to this story resulted in one of its major characters taking his family to Washington for the insurrection* protests though not the insurrection per se:
Hoyt, Day, Wright, Correia, Torgersen were not significant figures in the events of January 6, but they do help illustrate some of the range of opinion among far-right voices on that day. Among them, they represent the Alt-Right/pro-Trump-from-the-begining (Day), late/reluctant converts to Trump (Hoyt, Wright), as well as Trump-sceptical/anti-anti-Trump libertarians (Correia, Torgersen). Collectively, they show some of the stew of wild theories and frustration among the online right in the wake of Trump’s electoral defeat.

So, if these five weren’t the most significant voices or key-players, why focus on these side characters? Why quote the redshirts from an episode of Star Trek and not stick with Captain Kirk? The short answer is that this group were a set of writers that I chose early in Trump’s presidency to follow to help me better understand how the American right would change and adapt during what was bound to be a chaotic and idiosyncratic time. Why these five? For that we need to take a trip to six years earlier.
That's from the introduction, which I linked. He's up to installment 25. I don't think it'll hit three digits, but you never know.

Here's the master page for all the installments.

*Or as I like to call it, Bro Fox Day, our cheap American knock-off of Guy Fawkes Day: 11 5 -> 1 1 5 -> 1 1+5 -> 1 6. Ask me about my favorite path from Trump to Antichrist, or as I like to call it, Route 666
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:43 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Bubba I’m going to address the longer post later when I have more time but “You’re more than welcome to Marjory Taylor Green.” made me laugh harder than it probably had any right to. Man that cracked me up.

That’s how I feel about all of them. Her and AOC both and all the rest. They are titts on a boar hog useless.

Agree that we aren’t going to convince each other of anything. I would never disrespect you by trying. That’s a level of arrogance I want nothing to do with.
No you just don’t like it.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:42 pm
As for white people gettin no respect, I didn’t say that or think it.
Yeah, my bad. If my wife has told me once she's told me a thousand times that my own peculiar shorthand will get me in trouble, and it does. I did not mean that literally but rather than trying to unwind it I'll just take it as a moment lost, a lesson I'll learn eventually and move on w/ an apology.
Cole Younger wrote:
Calling racial wolf crying what it is might not be popular but that’s not important to me.
Cole Younger wrote:
the people who think everything is racist because they don’t like it then I guess she serves a purpose. When those people are pissed off it makes me happy.

Yeah, I know you think this. Sometimes you're right on this subject and I really have no wish to be identified with the people who cry racist at any and every opportunity. OTOH, sometimes a racist is just a racist. And sometimes calling something or someone racist is true. I'm not going to convince you of anything on this subject and you're not gonna convince me. I just feel obligated to note that sweeping statements of non-racism are no more convincing than sweeping statements of racism. And you are more than welcome to Marjorie Taylor Greene.
Agreed that sometimes racist is just racist. But the word gets intentionally misused so often and has for so long in order to silence anyone who bucks the big government types that it has just about lost any meaning. And the purveyors of this tactic know this. How do I know? Because increasingly “racist” and “racism” is left behind in favor of “white supremacist”. Or for the dumber ones who love to hurl these accusations because they can’t win an argument any other way because their ideas suck so bad, “white supremist”. I love that one. “This person is clearly a white supremist.” Good Lord. If you can’t even get the word right why should I think I need to listen?

A mob of white people attacking a black person or a smaller group of black people is racism. Wanting people to have to prove they are a resident of the state they want to vote in is not racism. It just isn’t. And calling it so is not only a transparent attempt to game the system in one’s favor, it cheapens the suffering of those who experience actually racism in a pretty obnoxious way. If you can present an ID for laundry list of other things that requires a person to present an ID you can do the same to vote and there is nothing racist about it. If all the horse shit accusations of racism used this one is probably the dumbest and most worthy of mockery.

I don’t deny that actual racism exists in this country. It exists all over the world. It should be taken on when it is identified. But that doesn’t mean it ought to be allowed to pass when when the accusation is used so that someone can get what they want especially when what they want is to shut someone up who exposing them for the fraud that they are or exposing shady political tactics. You don’t get yell, “That’s racist!” every time the kitchen gets hot and use it as a get out of jail free card and still have people take you seriously.

The thing is, I don’t see black people doing this all that often. It’s these crazy “woke” white people most of the time. Anything they don’t like is racism even if it’s two black people involved. Can’t call BLM’s tactics what they are or you will be called racist.
Even though their leadership admitted that what they really are is a Marxist organization. They even had it on their website in the “About us” section. I pointed this out here and as usual when I point out something that pokes a hole in the well ordered view of some here I was told, “Cole that is simply not true.” Until someone checked on it and admitted that it was true. Didn’t matter of course. They still have to be treated as legitimate because they are black and you can not have an honest disagreement with a black person or a black organization because in the minds of many that is...racist. Or white supremacy.

There are those who act like Stacy Abrams, a failed candidate for governor of Georgia, is actually the governor or something more because to tell her she lost and nobody has to pay her any mind is...racist. Except it isn’t. If Brian Kemp had lost and then ran around acting like he won people would be making fun of him and rightfully so. I’m no lover of Brian Kemp. I can’t stand the guy. About the best thing I can say for him is he isn’t Stacy Abrams. But the way racism was woven into this is bullshit and transparently so.

I agree that we aren’t going to convince each other of anything and I am not interested in getting into a hog fattening contest with anybody here. But I’m not going to keep silent when I see things that aren’t true presented like they’re self evident facts either. I’m not going to assume guilt that isn’t mine. Thus I’m not going to go into these bizarre acts of atonement I’ve seen becoming so popular over the past year. “Apologize for your whiteness.” Fuck you. I’m not apologizing for that anymore than a black person would it should apologize for their blackness. “Get on your knees in a sign of solidarity and humility.” How ‘bout you go to hell and wait for it?

What was done to George Floyd was all kinds of wrong. It’s also true that the statesmanlike send off he got was undeserved and he was not a good guy even in the most generous sense. He didn’t deserve what happened to him but he also didn’t deserve to be turned into a hero because he wasn’t one. That’s just the truth. There is nothing racist or white supremacist about it either.

Until white America stops being such cowards and truly start being honest with themselves and with black people things are only going to get worse. To me, treating black people like children or like you are afraid to make them angry is a whole lot closer to racism than the stuff being passed off as racism and I do believe most of the “woke” culture are terrified of black people.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:21 am
Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

“All politicians are the same” is the statement of someone who knows nothing about politicians. It’s as lazy as “all southerners are the same” or “all white people are the same”, two notions you (rightfully) disagree with

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

before that, you said you like MTG because she pisses off other politicians with what she says/thinks. are you a sandy hook denier too? what positions of hers really resonate with you?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:56 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:

before that, you said you like MTG because she pisses off other politicians with what she says/thinks. are you a sandy hook denier too? what positions of hers really resonate with you?
No, see that’s not what I said at all. I said I don’t care about her but if she pisses off the other assholes in Washington and the people who worship them then I guess she serves a purpose. Two completely different statements.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:

“All politicians are the same” is the statement of someone who knows nothing about politicians. It’s as lazy as “all southerners are the same” or “all white people are the same”, two notions you (rightfully) disagree with
Do you disagree that everyone in Washington is corrupt on some level and in the end cares about power and gaining more of it? Do you disagree that to them we are all the same and serve at their pleasure?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

“All” is a strong word. Many? Yes. Most? Perhaps. Not all

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:15 pm
“All” is a strong word. Many? Yes. Most? Perhaps. Not all
Fair enough.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:03 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

No, see that’s not what I said at all. I said I don’t care about her but if she pisses off the other assholes in Washington and the people who worship them then I guess she serves a purpose. Two completely different statements.
fair enough, but you forgot the next part of your statement:

"When those people are pissed off it makes me happy."

so, she serves a purpose for you, spouting conspiracy nonsense that 1) either you also agree with or 2) you just like 'libs' being trolled.

some purpose!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:43 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:03 pm

fair enough, but you forgot the next part of your statement:

"When those people are pissed off it makes me happy."

so, she serves a purpose for you, spouting conspiracy nonsense that 1) either you also agree with or 2) you just like 'libs' being trolled.

some purpose!
Well the fact that those people are liberal is almost beside the point. When those who want us all living under some sort of subjugation or other are angry it does make me immensely happy. The fact that it’s a fool making them angry doesn’t seem important beyond making it a little funnier.

tinnitus photography

AOC wants to subjugate and emasculate you... she's coming for you so you better be ready. :roll:

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:42 pm
AOC wants to subjugate and emasculate you... she's coming for you so you better be ready. :roll:
Your words. Not mine. AOC is another dolt who does what she is told and cares about making herself rich and powerful and little else. I know you know about globalism and what these psychopaths who call themselves “philanthropists” are after. It’s shit. There is nothing conservative about that viewpoint. I had a political science professor in college who was left of you and anybody here and he talked until he was blue in the face about the evils of globalism. I’m not your enemy, tinnitus. And you know that. Don’t get caught up in the “liberal vs conservative” thing. It’s bullshit. You and me are in the same side one way or the other. The ruling class hates us both. If you think I’m just anti liberal you’re wrong. I don’t even care about the two labels anymore. There are plenty of liberals who are against globalism and look at the assholes in Washington and say, “How did we end up with such shitty leadership?”

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:53 pm
Your words. Not mine. AOC is another dolt who does what she is told and cares about making herself rich and powerful and little else.

this is ludicrous and you cannot even begin to back this up as true.

tinnitus photography

also, can you be anti-globalist and pro-capitalism?

seems like it might be a Scanners moment when that cognitive dissonance kicks in.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:38 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Your words. Not mine. AOC is another dolt who does what she is told and cares about making herself rich and powerful and little else.

You think the opposite is true? You think she cares about much else? You think she has many real thoughts of her own and even really knows what she’s doing beyond making bank off the position and staying in power? Why do you think that?

These are not exactly the cream of the crop in Washington otherwise they would be doing something else. If they were capable of really doing anything to get to the same level on the socioeconomic latter why would they be groveling for votes from people they hate, going to state fairs for photo ops to appear more accessible while they rub elbows with people they see as beneath them and eat corn dogs and shit? These are not extraordinary people. They are scum that get off on power.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:39 pm

seems like it might be a Scanners moment when that cognitive dissonance kicks in.
So you like globalism. I wouldn’t have guessed that.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

You think the opposite is true? You think she cares about much else? You think she has many real thoughts of her own and even really knows what she’s doing beyond making bank off the position and staying in power? Why do you think that?

These are not exactly the cream of the crop in Washington otherwise they would be doing something else. If they were capable of really doing anything to get to the same level on the socioeconomic latter why would they be groveling for votes from people they hate, going to state fairs for photo ops to appear more accessible while they rub elbows with people they see as beneath them and eat corn dogs and shit? These are not extraordinary people. They are scum that get off on power.
so instead of wishing what you said was right by providing facts, i guess this line of questioning is over. you know, some people do truly want to make a difference in other people's lives, but i get that in LIBERTARIANVILLE such a concept is truly outlandish.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Cole, without running off to your favorite search engine, pls describe what you think globalism is.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:22 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

so instead of wishing what you said was right by providing facts, i guess this line of questioning is over. you know, some people do truly want to make a difference in other people's lives, but i get that in LIBERTARIANVILLE such a concept is truly outlandish.
You honestly believe that?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:23 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Cole, without running off to your favorite search engine, pls describe what you think globalism is.
Heh. I see you’ve decided we are enemies again. The truce was nice while it lasted. And all it took was MTG.

I’m talking about the push toward one world centralized control by a small number of super wealthy people.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:22 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

You honestly believe that?
what, that you couldn't provide any facts to back up your beliefs?

or that some people really do want to help other people?

i think i'm 2 for 2 here.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:28 pm
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:23 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Heh. I see you’ve decided we are enemies again. The truce was nice while it lasted. And all it took was MTG.

I’m talking about the push toward one world centralized control by a small number of super wealthy people.
i am not sure why my posts make you think we are enemies?

globalism is the free market working as intended. in some respects it's a race towards the bottom, but then the other range is tarriffs and protectionism and french farmers dumping their carrots and hogs on the highways to protest.

i think there is a balance.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

No I’m not saying we’re enemies. As far as I’m concerned we’re good. Hell I like you. You just seem personally affronted by things I’ve said here but maybe that’s just how I’m reading it and not how you mean it.

I was asking if you really believed politicians want to help people. On a local level that’s probably true. Probably on a state level more do than don’t. But on the federal level I see little to no evidence that’s it’s about anything but doing favors for powerful people to continue to get re-elected and amass power and wealth for themselves. If you think they just want to help people I don’t know why you think so. Especially considering that you ask me to back my opinions up. I dont know how you back the belief that they’re motivated by altruism with anything other than their saying so and we all know how honest politicians are.

What people say doesn’t mean much to me. Talk is cheap and most people are full of crap. Especially when it comes to politics. If we are talking about politicians themselves the bullshit factor goes up exponentially. I pay attention to what people do. And what these dirt bags do is so loud I can’t hear a word they’re saying.

Politicians saying they only want to help while they fuck us with a chainsaw doesn’t sweeten the deal. They hate you and they hate me. And see us both as cattle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

CY. I think where I'm getting to is that you and I share a lot of the same suspicions and gut reactions to people and events yet the sum total of those thoughts/reactions combined with the things we differ about leads us to very different, not so much conclusions, as world view or outlook. Having written that, I think that sort of dynamic is a lot more common than we (or at least I) think it is. I suppose on a macro level the question becomes will we as a country be defined by those differences or those similarities. History says the differences will win, as divide and conquer has yet to be proven wrong as a strategy for elites to gain and maintain control. But that outcome is not inevitable.
Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:54 am
How do I know? Because increasingly “racist” and “racism” is left behind in favor of “white supremacist”.
In the scheme of things, I.m not sure how important this is to your overall argument, but I don't understand it. I don't get how the [arguable] increase in the use of the term "white supremacist" proves or even indicates that the terms "racist" and "racism" have lost their meaning from overuse and inappropriate use. Because I'm not following your argument here I don't know if this is relevant, but FWIW: I think all white supremacists are racist.
Cole Younger wrote:
There are those who act like Stacy Abrams, a failed candidate for governor of Georgia, is actually the governor or something more because to tell her she lost and nobody has to pay her any mind is...racist. Except it isn’t. If Brian Kemp had lost and then ran around acting like he won people would be making fun of him and rightfully so. I’m no lover of Brian Kemp. I can’t stand the guy. About the best thing I can say for him is he isn’t Stacy Abrams. But the way racism was woven into this is bullshit and transparently so.
I am struck by the overlap if one substitutes "Donald Trump" for "Stacey Abrams" in this paragraph. Obviously "telling Donald Trump he lost" is not literally racist, but substitute something like "elitist", "a left wing media conspiracy" or the like and the match is kinda eerie. To slightly different but related effect, substituting "Donald Trump" for "Brian Kemp" in the sentence "If Brian Kemp had lost and then ran around acting like he won..." sounds as absurd as you try to make it, yet that's exactly what happened.
Cole Younger wrote:
Wanting people to have to prove they are a resident of the state they want to vote in is not racism. It just isn’t.
This is probably the most relevant part of your post as it relates to my first paragraph. Taken literally and by itself, your statement is true; even inarguable. But imho it's not an accurate statement of the reality. It assumes that fraud in voting by use of false identities is an actual problem, which it's not, and it accepts as solutions methods that have nothing to do with proving identity, from the number of permitted drop boxes to prohibiting giving waiting voters water. It also ignores the reality of how and why the current voting proposals came to be, who proposed them, who supports them, who benefits from them, who is hurt by them and why. So I have no problem agreeing with you that "wanting people to have to prove they are residents of the state they want to vote in is not racism" while also stating flat out that the voting laws passed in GA and proposed in 40 something other states are racist. Perhaps more encouragingly, one could simply view these laws/proposals as desperate last gasp manipulations of the system to attempt to maintain power by a fading minority ruling class without bringing race into it. That to me is also clearly true and would, I think, be pretty close to your world view. But saying that the GA law, for example, is a neutral expressions of benign, inarguable and fair principles applicable to all citizens of the state of GA is imho just not true.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

From beyond the grave? :lol:

tinnitus photography