The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

UTHeathen

Re: The 2012 Thread for Political Shit

Post by UTHeathen »

dee dee wrote:I'm pretty liberal. I'm not for censoring Mr. Limbaugh. I am for letting advertisers know when someone they sponsor is a vile demagogue. I would think you would see the similarity in how conservatives reacted to Bill Mahrer's comments 11 or 12 years ago that led to him being taken off of late night network TV or to how the Dixie Chicks were treated after their remarks about President Bush.

Exactly. Thanks Dee Dee.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I'd like to know what shit Sarah Palin gets done, too?
What a dumb decision to run her, I don't even think McCain had even heard of her. Homeboy was BLINDSIDED by that decision.
Last edited by Penny Lane on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

If you want proof of media bias just look at Adam Carolla, he went on Glenn Beck's show and people interviewed him and were like "aren't you worried about being associated with Glenn Beck?" he said "that's funny, when I hang out with Alec Baldwin or other Hollywood leftists no one asks me if I'm worried about being associated with them"
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Penny Lane wrote:I'd like to know what shit Sarah Palin gets done, too?
What a dumb decision to run her, I don't even think McCain had even heard of her.

He was trying to get the woman vote, but the liberals just went on attack mode and haven't stopped since, they are trying to destroy her but she's too strong and independent to let that happen. Which pisses them off that she hasn't completely distracted

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

LuthierJustin wrote:
sactochris wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:No one is forced to listen to Rush, that's the beauty of he free market. That's why the FCC is bullshit. If you don't wanna hear something or see something you can change the station. I am anti-censorship in any form. I can't believe so called "liberals" are pro. But I guess that's exactly what. Liberals believe in, censorship of things they don't agree with.

So NBC should be able to show Deepthroat in primetime then?

Yes, there are thousands of channels now, if you don't wanna watch it, watch CBS
But I think they won't even if they can, the free market works it out in the end. No one would sponcer it, NBC wants to make money, they won't make any if they show it. Free market wins again

So then the free market is working just fine when sponsers decide they don't want to connected with Lush Rimbaugh? How is that censorhip then? It's just the free market working then, isn't it?
Keep calm and have a cigar

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LuthierJustin wrote:If you want proof of media bias just look at Adam Carolla, he went on Glenn Beck's show and people interviewed him and were like "aren't you worried about being associated with Glenn Beck?" he said "that's funny, when I hang out with Alec Baldwin or other Hollywood leftists no one asks me if I'm worried about being associated with them"

That's an interesting use of the word "proof." Doesn't bear any resemblance to the dictionary definition, but it's interesting.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

No one said that anyone is censoring Rush, but liberals agreeing that the FCC should exist is beyond me :shock:

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Speaking of Sarah Palin . . . saw this Saturday night. If even 20% of it is accurrate, holy shit!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

beantownbubba wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:If you want proof of media bias just look at Adam Carolla, he went on Glenn Beck's show and people interviewed him and were like "aren't you worried about being associated with Glenn Beck?" he said "that's funny, when I hang out with Alec Baldwin or other Hollywood leftists no one asks me if I'm worried about being associated with them"

That's an interesting use of the word "proof." Doesn't bear any resemblance to the dictionary definition, but it's interesting.

I've never seen a million dollars, yet I know it exists

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I would not argue that there's a liberal bias in the media, does this prove your point? Like Bubba or someone said, Rush's words about this woman were completely different than an off-color remark about a vice-presidential candidate. I don't condone either, but the only similarity is that they're both about females.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

They are both about people, if there is nothing wrong with one there should be nothing wrong with the other, if one is wrong theyre both wrong, I'm fine with it either way but be consistent

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

There is a liberal bias on MSNBC, Huffington Post. There wasn't anything like this prior to ten years ago.

There is a conservative bias on Fox, Drudge, Daily Caller. There wasn't anything like this prior to Fox.

CNN and the nightly news do a pretty fair job of presenting news (along with commentators from both sides).

I'm sure many conservatives would argue that Fox is fair and everyone else is liberal.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i disagree a bit, but then again i'm a devout follower of Bernard Goldberg.. ;)

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Penny Lane wrote:i disagree a bit, but then again i'm a devout follower of Bernard Goldberg.. ;)

That's ok, I'm more on the Eric Alterman side ;). The fact that most conservatives weren't happy until they received the bastardization of news that is Fox says volumes in my mind.
Last edited by dee dee on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LuthierJustin wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

I've never seen a million dollars, yet I know it exists

Senior resident to young intern LJ: What's your diagnosis young pup?
LJ to senior resident: Well I've never seen cancer, but I know it exists, so my diagnosis is cancer.
Senior resident to LJ: Turn in your stethoscope.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

No actually, it's
Senior resident bean to Lj: I don't believe In cancer
Lj to bean: it shows all the classic signs of cancer

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

LuthierJustin wrote:No actually, it's

Don't you have to check with Sean Hannity first to see if it's cancer?

If it is cancer, won't the free market work it all out in the end? That seems to be your response to everything.
Last edited by sactochris on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:I'd like to know what shit Sarah Palin gets done, too?
What a dumb decision to run her, I don't even think McCain had even heard of her.

He was trying to get the woman vote, but the liberals just went on attack mode and haven't stopped since, they are trying to destroy her but she's too strong and independent to let that happen. Which pisses them off that she hasn't completely distracted

I would argue that they were trying more to get the religious vote.
I don't think liberals attack any harder than conservatives..neither party is the victim, it's the game..

Avon Barksdale: The game is the game. Always.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

sactochris wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:No actually, it's

Don't you have to check with Sean Hannity first to see if it's cancer?

If it is cancer, won't the free market work it all out in the end? That seems to be your response to everything.

Nope, all I have to do is diagnose it, fuck what Sean Hannity thinks, he's not in control of me, he doesn't own me. I own myself. And yes the free market will work EVERYTHING out.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I think the Rush thing is working itself out nicely, actually. No need to censor him when he's putting his own foot in his mouth (and taking a pounding from his sponsors).
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Beebs wrote:That's pretty damned funny.

http://defendrush.org/

Bill Mahar calls Sarah Palin a cunt, no out rage
Rush calls some woman a slut, ohhhh the outrage!
Double standards are great

mahar is a fuckin idiot. he's the best lefties got? he and rush are entertainers. both fuckin idiots. but i like rush more. and mike savage too

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:
Beebs wrote:That's pretty damned funny.

http://defendrush.org/

Bill Mahar calls Sarah Palin a cunt, no out rage
Rush calls some woman a slut, ohhhh the outrage!
Double standards are great

mahar is a fuckin idiot. he's the best lefties got? he and rush are entertainers. both fuckin idiots. but i like rush more. and mike savage too

I've never heard anyone call him Mike before. Usually when people want to kiss his ass they refer to him as Dr. Savage. I know that he is a Dr. but for some reason that always makes me laugh. On his show today he referred to himself as perhaps the most distinguished alumni in the history of U.C. Berkeley. Really Mike? The school with more Nobel prize winners than any other school in the country if I'm not mistaken, and your the most prestigious alum? I do give the guy some credit. He is certainly very smart and very well educated but I don't think he ranks up there with Earl Warren, Robert Oppenheimer, Steve Wozniak or dozens of other much more distinguished Cal alumni.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

we're good buds. me and mike

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

cortez the killer wrote:Image
Speaking of Sarah Palin . . . saw this Saturday night. If even 20% of it is accurrate, holy shit!

Does Julianna get naked? :)
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

Lone Wolf1 wrote: mike savage

i will listen to him a few nights a week when if i'm driving home from work at the right time.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

wrekkr wrote:

i will listen to him a few nights a week when if i'm driving home from work at the right time.

he's a trip. some of his shit makes sense. actually a lot of it to me. :) he's an entertainer. but doesn't stoop low and vulgar like mahar. however you spell it

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

"the Left" (whoever they are, as there are no "left" politicians in Washington) make no claim to Bill Maher. He's just a shit-stirring dickwad with a cable show. There is no left equivalent to Rush

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
wrekkr wrote:

he's a trip. some of his shit makes sense. actually a lot of it to me. :) he's an entertainer. but doesn't stoop low and vulgar like mahar. however you spell it

I would agree, he gets out of hand some times but atleast tries to provide a reasonable explanation for his thoughts on matters and isn't just a shit flinger or a koolaid drinker.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Michael Savage wrote:Multiculturalism has completely failed America. It is a disaster, an unmitigated disaster. Multiculturalism -- as a premise that all cultures are equal and all cultures have an equal amount to contribute to the world -- that's utter hogwash! The reason my ancestors came to this country as immigrants, and the reason your immigrants -- ancestors came to this country as immigrants is because of the great enterprise created by White, Anglo-Saxon Protestants. It is the greatest country ever created in the world. It is built upon the best -- the best of the White, Anglo-Saxon world.

Sounds like a swell guy

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »