The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 pm
And we just made the jump from capitol rioter to Trump supporter. From dozens to over 70 million.
In context, I don't think that's true. I understood the lawyer to be talking about those who were motivated to insurrection by Trump not all Trump supporters. And in any case, it's way more than dozens, unless by dozens you mean at least 483 (the number arrested as of yesterday).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 pm
LBRod wrote:
And we just made the jump from capitol rioter to Trump supporter. From dozens to over 70 million.
In context, I don't think that's true. I understood the lawyer to be talking about those who were motivated to insurrection by Trump not all Trump supporters. And in any case, it's way more than dozens, unless by dozens you mean at least 483 (the number arrested as of yesterday).
And not a single charge of insurrection.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:44 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
LBRod wrote:
Now we're just splitting hairs at a microscopic level. Is this really a discussion worth having? But as long as I'm posting and splitting hairs, the number is 491, not 483. My mistake.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

LBRod wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
LBRod wrote:
That isn't how the Feds typically work. They have their perps identified and booked/monitored on lesser charges, I'd expect they are building some sort of insurrection/conspiracy type case.

For example, watch pretty much any Mobster movie...they typically aren't arrested for Racketeering first.

Additionally, again typically, when the Feds actually charge you, you're pretty well f*cked. Typically they don't charge then hope for an outcome - if Fed charges are leveled - there is very likely enough evidence to easily convict...the Feds don't lose a whole lot of cases.

I'm not a lawyer, so take some grains of salt here, I'm sure bubba can correct my mistakes.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:27 pm
LBRod wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

That isn't how the Feds typically work. They have their perps identified and booked/monitored on lesser charges, I'd expect they are building some sort of insurrection/conspiracy type case.

For example, watch pretty much any Mobster movie...they typically aren't arrested for Racketeering first.

Additionally, again typically, when the Feds actually charge you, you're pretty well f*cked. Typically they don't charge then hope for an outcome - if Fed charges are leveled - there is very likely enough evidence to easily convict...the Feds don't lose a whole lot of cases.

I'm not a lawyer, so take some grains of salt here, I'm sure bubba can correct my mistakes.
There are always exceptions, but prosecutors generally follow one of 2 models: They either overcharge as leverage to gain the cooperation of defendants, usually to turn on someone further up the chain or to leverage a guilty plea when guilt is clear (to the prosecutors anyway) but proof is difficult, or they undercharge in order to increase the likelihood of conviction in the manner you describe, pearlbeer. Here there is even more incentive to undercharge: there are a lot of defendants, the "big fish" here are political figures like Trump and Giuliani that the little fish will not be able to implicate, I imagine that proving insurrection beyond a reasonable doubt creates difficult issues of proof, and I doubt there are many prosecutors alive, much less currently practicing, who have experience prosecuting insurrection cases. which are quite rare, thankfully enough. I don't think there can be any question that the almost 500 defendants have been charged with committing crimes during an insurrection even though they haven't been charged specifically w/ insurrection, thus my comment about splitting hairs.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am
I ain't nowhere smart enough to know where this is heading but what's happening in Arizona is a terrible thing from which no good can come. I won't dignify it by calling it an "audit," because it bears no resemblance to any audit I've ever heard of, to say nothing of the dictionary definition. But as a misuse of power, a twisting of logic and law and a denial of truth this is new and scary territory. If I wrote a political thriller that included something like the Arizona scenario, it would be universally rejected by every publisher on the planet as unrealistic and impossible to believe.
You read it here first. From today's WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... e302596ac3

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And so it begins (or continues, depending on how you want to look at it):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e3025abf0f

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Notable only for its bluntness. One can say that a Kevin McCarthy doesn't really care what the NYT or a NYT columnist has to say, but still, would you want your mother or your kids reading this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/23/opin ... 029039208a

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lest silence be taken for assent, or worse, agreement, I'll just state for the record that Marjorie Taylor-Green's statement comparing the yellow stars Jews were required to wear in Nazi Germany to various current mask wearing requirements in the US is ignorant and offensive. That she receives national attention for anything she says much less something as outrageous and flat out stupid as this is beyond my ability to understand.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:57 am
Lest silence be taken for assent, or worse, agreement, I'll just state for the record that Marjorie Taylor-Green's statement comparing the yellow stars Jews were required to wear in Nazi Germany to various current mask wearing requirements in the US is ignorant and offensive. That she receives national attention for anything she says much less something as outrageous and flat out stupid as this is beyond my ability to understand.

You answered your own question there.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Zip City wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:22 pm
beantownbubba wrote:

As long as we are discussing disgusting, insanely offensive hyperbolic statements:

Has anyone else noticed that Majorie looks EXACTLY like Mr. Ed? I mean, the resemblance isn't close...it's almost identical. At least to my eyes, it is very,very difficult to tell one from the other. I guess the only difference I can clearly spot is that Mr. Ed is a talking horse and Majorie Taylor Green is a fucking asshole. But, I mean, other than THAT...identical. Uncanny!

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:04 pm
Zip City wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 12:22 pm
beantownbubba wrote:

As long as we are discussing disgusting, insanely offensive hyperbolic statements:

Has anyone else noticed that Majorie looks EXACTLY like Mr. Ed? I mean, the resemblance isn't close...it's almost identical. At least to my eyes, it is very,very difficult to tell one from the other. I guess the only difference I can clearly spot is that Mr. Ed is a talking horse and Majorie Taylor Green is a fucking asshole. But, I mean, other than THAT...identical. Uncanny!

Wrong picture. You're welcome.

Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This may be too esoteric for "general conversation" but the election of 2 outside climate activists to Exxon's Board of Directors over management's opposition is a major story with potentially significant consequences. Big business recognizing the importance of climate change and starting to be proactive in response is imho far more important than any particular politician or party becoming convinced of the need to do something. And separately, within the corporate/business governance world this is a truly earth shattering development.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

What can big business do to mitigate human impact on climate change?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:33 am
Is that a serious question?

Flea

Post by Flea »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:43 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Prepare yourself for a diatribe along the lines of "China and India won't cut emissions, so we shouldn't either" with a sprinkling of AOC/Green New Deal bashing thrown in for flavor.
Now it's dark.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Flea wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:09 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:43 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Prepare yourself for a diatribe along the lines of "China and India won't cut emissions, so we shouldn't either" with a sprinkling of AOC/Green New Deal bashing thrown in for flavor.

It seems flea is thinking. I guess. Have you read the green new deal?

And yes that’s a serious question. Thanks for clarifying.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
You say that this is a serious question so I take you at your word. I'll just say that I'm really surprised by that. Without intending this to be anything like a complete list, here are some of the things that big business can do, some of which is already happening on a small scale. But before I start, consider that this ruling came down against Shell in the EU almost simultaneously with the change in the Exxon Board. This was huge news in Europe and pretty big news here (I thought):

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustai ... 021-05-26/

OK, back to my list:

My experience with this one aspect of reality goes back decades and I suspect that things are a bit better now but I'm sure this still happens: If big companies just stopped buying small, innovative alternative energy companies and technologies (patents) for the express purpose of burying the developments to avoid the competitive threat, the world would be light years ahead of where it is on shifting to cost effective alternatives to fossil fuels.

Companies could ignore government attempts to reduce energy efficiency targets and shoot for higher goals, like most of the car companies did when the Trump administration bizarrely tried to lower the standards over the objections of the car companies and just about everyone else.

Companies could accelerate their R&D and sometimes just their common sense in all kinds of areas that affect emissions, from wasteful packaging to adopting lighter, stronger materials.

I don't know how big a problem this is in non-pandemic times, but during this past year I have seen incredibly long lines at fast food/coffee drive thrus. Franchises could make their customers turn off their engines and walk 10 steps to get their morning caffeine and breakfast served w/out the multiple layers of packaging.

Banks could stop financing the building of fossil fuel facilities from drilling rigs to pipelines to refineries to storage facilities to supertankers and on and on.

Companies could locate their facilities only (or even primarily) in places well served by public transportation. Even w/out taking that potentially drastic step they could do more to facilitate ride sharing/car pooling/shuttles, etc. Instead of paying for or subsidizing parking, they could pay for or subsidize bicycles and the use of public transportation (e.g. free or discounted bus passes).

Most companies by now have "committees" to look for ways to be more energy efficient and less wasteful. What if they treated those efforts as a serious part of their business strategies?

As the Shell article and the Exxon director story both indicate, energy companies could shift their focus from exploring for and selling fossil fuels to developing alternative energy sources.

Companies, especially manufacturing and extractive companies could adopt technologies to voluntarily reduce their emissions without the government having to step in to establish minimum requirements.

Companies could stop exploiting rare resources like the Amazon.

More companies, both car companies and others, can do as Ford as has done and committed to a fossil fuel free future for their products (in Ford's case, electric F-150's for starters).

Companies could adapt their purchasing policies to favor products and companies that have themselves become more climate friendly.

What if FedEx, UPS and Amazon announced that as of a certain date they will only purchase electric vehicles for their fleets? What if the major car rental companies did the same?

On the other side, companies like insurance companies have already started to include climate change in their business models and projections and raised prices accordingly which will presumably push behaviors in more climate friendly directions. There will inevitably be more of this but it could happen faster and better if more companies considered climate change to be a serious part of their reality and their strategies.

That's just off the top of my head and I don't claim any expertise or specific knowledge in this area (other than w/ respect to my first example). I imagine others here have additional ideas and suggestions. Bring 'em!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:01 am
boyyourself wrote:
You say that this is a serious question so I take you at your word. I'll just say that I'm really surprised by that. Without intending this to be anything like a complete list, here are some of the things that big business can do, some of which is already happening on a small scale. But before I start, consider that this ruling came down against Shell in the EU almost simultaneously with the change in the Exxon Board. This was huge news in Europe and pretty big news here (I thought):

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustai ... 021-05-26/

OK, back to my list:

My experience with this one aspect of reality goes back decades and I suspect that things are a bit better now but I'm sure this still happens: If big companies just stopped buying small, innovative alternative energy companies and technologies (patents) for the express purpose of burying the developments to avoid the competitive threat, the world would be light years ahead of where it is on shifting to cost effective alternatives to fossil fuels.

Companies could ignore government attempts to reduce energy efficiency targets and shoot for higher goals, like most of the car companies did when the Trump administration bizarrely tried to lower the standards over the objections of the car companies and just about everyone else.

Companies could accelerate their R&D and sometimes just their common sense in all kinds of areas that affect emissions, from wasteful packaging to adopting lighter, stronger materials.

I don't know how big a problem this is in non-pandemic times, but during this past year I have seen incredibly long lines at fast food/coffee drive thrus. Franchises could make their customers turn off their engines and walk 10 steps to get their morning caffeine and breakfast served w/out the multiple layers of packaging.

Banks could stop financing the building of fossil fuel facilities from drilling rigs to pipelines to refineries to storage facilities to supertankers and on and on.

Companies could locate their facilities only (or even primarily) in places well served by public transportation. Even w/out taking that potentially drastic step they could do more to facilitate ride sharing/car pooling/shuttles, etc. Instead of paying for or subsidizing parking, they could pay for or subsidize bicycles and the use of public transportation (e.g. free or discounted bus passes).

Most companies by now have "committees" to look for ways to be more energy efficient and less wasteful. What if they treated those efforts as a serious part of their business strategies?

As the Shell article and the Exxon director story both indicate, energy companies could shift their focus from exploring for and selling fossil fuels to developing alternative energy sources.

Companies, especially manufacturing and extractive companies could adopt technologies to voluntarily reduce their emissions without the government having to step in to establish minimum requirements.

Companies could stop exploiting rare resources like the Amazon.

More companies, both car companies and others, can do as Ford as has done and committed to a fossil fuel free future for their products (in Ford's case, electric F-150's for starters).

Companies could adapt their purchasing policies to favor products and companies that have themselves become more climate friendly.

What if FedEx, UPS and Amazon announced that as of a certain date they will only purchase electric vehicles for their fleets? What if the major car rental companies did the same?

On the other side, companies like insurance companies have already started to include climate change in their business models and projections and raised prices accordingly which will presumably push behaviors in more climate friendly directions. There will inevitably be more of this but it could happen faster and better if more companies considered climate change to be a serious part of their reality and their strategies.

That's just off the top of my head and I don't claim any expertise or specific knowledge in this area (other than w/ respect to my first example). I imagine others here have additional ideas and suggestions. Bring 'em!

Thanks man. That’s all I was hunting for is ideas and suggestions and I respect your fodder so I’m glad to hear what you have to say.

I’m in favor of using as little fossil fuel as possible. skeptical of alternative energy.
How much fossil fuel is used to produce solar panels? Other precious metals?
Where do they end up at the end of their lives? Landfills, which are huge hotspots anyways because of food waste.
How much fossil fuel usage goes into mining, production and manufacturing, shipping, erection, and maintenance of a windmill?
And where do they end up? You guessed it..... in Fleas backyard for decorative purposes. No the landfill. Of which we are building more landfill to house all this waste.
Think we could use that land for growing carbon neutral food instead of producing more shit we don’t need in the first place?
Nah, it’s easier to make fun composting as something some hillbilly talks about on 3dd than to realize how great it is for the earth and for the human gut micro biome.
I’m all for using our tax dollars to improve roads and bridges and whatnot. I’m not in favor of grain subsidies same as I am not in favor of alt energy subsidies. If we are going to throw money around why not put it into regenerative agriculture that sequesters carbon instead of more and more depreciating infrastructure.

Skeptical of constantly blaming humans for climate change. Not saying we don’t contribute, but the climate has been changing forever. Who’s to blame for us coming out of an ice age ten thousand years ago? I’m going to go with sun spot activity and a chaotic and perpetually evolving climate. Us usual multiple things seem true. I don’t think humans are responsible for polar shifts either, which are happening more rapidly than ever, that would likely have drastic effects on the climate.

And for those of you idling your cars in fast food lines during a pandemic or any other time, fuck you.
For those of you that burn coal to dry your clothes.....please stop.
For those of you that fly private, one private jet trip costs more fuel than driving a car for a year.
So please stop having fucking climate conferences where all the experts fly in on private jets.
For those of you that take 20 minute a day hot showers.......you’re being super wasteful.
For those of you that own any of the 35 million acres of manicured lawn in this country.......please at least grow a garden and get a few chickens so you efforts aren’t a total environmental grudge fuck.
For those of you who own any of the 35 million acres of recreational horse property in this country.......please know that you are being completely disrespectful to this planet in ways that are too many to mention.
We love what we can see. How beautiful the horse is eh? Ah you forgot about the earthworm. Oops.
Ow well. We still aren’t fucked. No way.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:

Thanks man. That’s all I was hunting for is ideas and suggestions and I respect your fodder so I’m glad to hear what you have to say.

I’m in favor of using as little fossil fuel as possible. skeptical of alternative energy.
Where do they end up at the end of their lives? Landfills, which are huge hotspots anyways because of food waste.
How much fossil fuel usage goes into mining, production and manufacturing, shipping, erection, and maintenance of a windmill?
And where do they end up? You guessed it..... in Fleas backyard for decorative purposes. No the landfill. Of which we are building more landfill to house all this waste.
Think we could use that land for growing carbon neutral food instead of producing more shit we don’t need in the first place?
Nah, it’s easier to make fun composting as something some hillbilly talks about on 3dd than to realize how great it is for the earth and for the human gut micro biome.
While I agree in general with your passion for better environmental policies, you are conflating issues AND conflating threads now. As a bonus you've started sprinkling in personal attacks both on individual users and the broad user base in general. Stop it...please. I don't recall anyone ever calling you a hillbilly for composting, or making fun of you for it. I compost too, bro! The discussion point was around compost as an alternative to vaccines. I may not be effectively summarizing that particular thread, but that is about all the time I care to put in to that particular summary.

Dude - stop it with the personal attacks and try to contribute in a more meaningful way.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Sigh.....
boyyourself wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:20 pm

Skeptical of constantly blaming humans for climate change. Not saying we don’t contribute, but the climate has been changing forever.

boyyourself wrote:

Who’s to blame for us coming out of an ice age ten thousand years ago?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:30 pm
boyyourself wrote:

While I agree in general with your passion for better environmental policies, you are conflating issues AND conflating threads now. As a bonus you've started sprinkling in personal attacks both on individual users and the broad user base in general. Stop it...please. I don't recall anyone ever calling you a hillbilly for composting, or making fun of you for it. I compost too, bro! The discussion point was around compost as an alternative to vaccines. I may not be effectively summarizing that particular thread, but that is about all the time I care to put in to that particular summary.

Dude - stop it with the personal attacks and try to contribute in a more meaningful way.

First of all I was answering to someone literally saying bring your ideas and suggestions.

My personal attacks were all a result of someone else getting personal with me first....,go look at my early posts from last year. It was just saying how I feel and that’s how I caveated. I called no one out and made no personal attacks but took plenty of both just for speaking my mind on a forum. Nothing personal. Eventually I fired back. The be also for accounted for being out of line.

Just to be called dumb or any of the other shit people have said to me on here (which are you calling out anyone else or just me?)
No hard feelings ever intended.
And you seem to want to correct me about once a week having nothing to do with subject matter.
Annoying.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:11 pm
Sigh.....
boyyourself wrote:

Skeptical of constantly blaming humans for climate change. Not saying we don’t contribute, but the climate has been changing forever.

boyyourself wrote:

Who’s to blame for us coming out of an ice age ten thousand years ago?

So the climate before the meteor event was stable and unchanging and we wouldn’t stayed in an ice age forever?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:23 pm
[

So the climate before the meteor event was stable and unchanging and we wouldn’t stayed in an ice age forever?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I hear ya man. Like I said I’m not denying humans impact on the climate.
I’ve heard it perpetually mentioned since Al Gore put out his climate report whenever that was....yet what good is that doing?
And it didn’t help that at the time he was using more electricity a month than anyone in new England. It’s public record.

That’s why I think it’s interesting to discuss what I can do about it. And to focus on making sure me my family does as much as possible to use less.
Little things matter a ton. I usually hate the old saying “if we all just”.....but

If we all just did a few things differently it would have a great impact on our surroundings. That seems obvious.

What doesn’t seem obvious to me is alternative energy sources such as wind and solar being some sort of environmental saviors. Seems to be helping about as much as al gore bitching from one of his swimming pools. Or Greta whatever her name is going with trendy modern day doozy
“If we don’t do something we are fucked!”

These sorts of bs scare tactics aren’t working and are off putting. Better to turn off the news and grow a garden. Then you’ll need some chickens to take care of the bugs. Oh shit now you have eggs and and veggies and don’t have to buy them at the store meaning you save gas and egg cartons and the fuel it took to get the eggs and veggies to the store on a truck that annoyed you driving through town. and are building your immune system by gardening and being outside.

All that would take less time than most people spend researching and studying climate change.
And would be a million times more effective...
Hang your close to dry while your out there......
Now your really giving up personal convenience to actually make a difference.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:01 pm
I hear ya man. Like I said I’m not denying humans impact on the climate.
I’ve heard it perpetually mentioned since Al Gore put out his climate report whenever that was....yet what good is that doing?
And it didn’t help that at the time he was using more electricity a month than anyone in new England. It’s public record.

That’s why I think it’s interesting to discuss what I can do about it. And to focus on making sure me my family does as much as possible to use less.
Little things matter a ton. I usually hate the old saying “if we all just”.....but

If we all just did a few things differently it would have a great impact on our surroundings. That seems obvious.

What doesn’t seem obvious to me is alternative energy sources such as wind and solar being some sort of environmental saviors. Seems to be helping about as much as al gore bitching from one of his swimming pools. Or Greta whatever her name is going with trendy modern day doozy
“If we don’t do something we are fucked!”

These sorts of bs scare tactics aren’t working and are off putting. Better to turn off the news and grow a garden. Then you’ll need some chickens to take care of the bugs. Oh shit now you have eggs and and veggies and don’t have to buy them at the store meaning you save gas and egg cartons and the fuel it took to get the eggs and veggies to the store on a truck that annoyed you driving through town. and are building your immune system by gardening and being outside.

All that would take less time than most people spend researching and studying climate change.
And would be a million times more effective...
Hang your close to dry while your out there......
Now your really giving up personal convenience to actually make a difference.
I mean, it's fair, but we are trying to solve a really fucking complicated problem that is changing constantly - we are going to have to figure some stuff out. For example, historically, recycling hasn't been terribly effective...but it is getting much better and we are learning. Hell, when we were kids you might have been able drive a can somewhere to be recycled, but nowadays, damn near everyone has it picked up curbside...that's progress in the right direction. Solar panels are recent technology and while far from perfect...they are really getting much better. We pretty much fucking perfected how to burn oil and coal didn't we? There AREN'T any saviors here...it's going to take work, dedication, belief and investment.

I hope we can at least agree on this:

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

That’s the spirit. Yeah recycling is fucked although At least we aren’t shipping it to China anymore. I think.

Do the carbon footprint alone on people using electricity to dry their clothes in Southern California where the sun shines 400 days a year.
It’s massive. Part of my perspective on that is this———- if we are talking about the government being involved——-and they can mandate masks that are made of plastic that end up end the ocean———then why can’t they mandate clothes drying on the line? Especially in 2020 when everyone is Los Angelas was home?

We are talking about reducing carbon emissions no? For every time you toss a can or bottle or cardboard into the recycling your burning fuel.

So why not mandates on using less....that would equal using less fuel. Way less. Or how bout a tax on food waste? Food waste ends up in landfills which are giant hot spots for that very reason....it’s not just fast food and restaurant culture contributing to that it’s everyone.
I have friend in the waste management business she said her work has been insane since COVID.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:54 pm
That’s the spirit. Yeah recycling is fucked although At least we aren’t shipping it to China anymore. I think.

Do the carbon footprint alone on people using electricity to dry their clothes in Southern California where the sun shines 400 days a year.
It’s massive. Part of my perspective on that is this———- if we are talking about the government being involved——-and they can mandate masks that are made of plastic that end up end the ocean———then why can’t they mandate clothes drying on the line? Especially in 2020 when everyone is Los Angelas was home?

We are talking about reducing carbon emissions no? For every time you toss a can or bottle or cardboard into the recycling your burning fuel.

So why not mandates on using less....that would equal using less fuel. Way less. Or how bout a tax on food waste? Food waste ends up in landfills which are giant hot spots for that very reason....it’s not just fast food and restaurant culture contributing to that it’s everyone.
I have friend in the waste management business she said her work has been insane since COVID.
The Most Reverend, Todd Snider has a song just for you.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:31 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:54 pm

The Most Reverend, Todd Snider has a song just for you.

Nice.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... lds-soils/