The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

tinnitus photography wrote:
i know you just like to troll (unlike Cole, who actually puts effort and thought into his views), but what do you think this did and will accomplish?
Distracted us from the Russian connection.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

And if you're gonna troll, at least be good at it
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wolf is the original DBT*

*Drive-By Troller
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Wolf wrote:
Zip City wrote:We dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal on Afghanistan.

First ever military use of the MOAB

Big dick swinging by the Trumpster Fire
and it was awesome!
Wolfest post ever?

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Wolf wrote:
Zip City wrote:We dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal on Afghanistan.

First ever military use of the MOAB

Big dick swinging by the Trumpster Fire
and it was awesome!
Wolfest post ever?

Makes LJ's old posts seem nuanced and erudite by comparison.
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

you can play this fun game every weekend

Is Trump At Mar-a-Lago?

whatwouldcooleydo?

schlanky wrote:I live just a few miles from that church. They are indeed bigger than some small universities, but Briarwood is one of the last churches anywhere that should be allowed to have its own police department. Iowan touches on what scares me. I think they have to be up to something, otherwise they could just hire private security. Both of their locations are on heavily traveled roads. I won't be a bit surprised if they start setting up road blocks every Friday and Saturday nights in front of their campuses or something crazy like that.
The Racist, Homophobic History of an Ala. Church Gunning for Its Own Police Force

whatwouldcooleydo?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:And if you're gonna troll, at least be good at it
He hooked 4 of yall by just saying the mother of all bombs was awesome, ;) a very accurate statement btw.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Swamp wrote:
He hooked 4 of yall by just saying the mother of all bombs was awesome, ;) a very accurate statement btw.

awesome how, or awesome at what?

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Swamp wrote:

I believe that what Swamp was referencing is the definition of the word Awesome . extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.

Although I think that it is giving Wolf too much credit to assume that he used the word in the same context.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

i'm just trying to figure out how dropping that bomb helps in achieving the strategy (if we even have one at this point).

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

tinnitus photography wrote:i'm just trying to figure out how dropping that bomb helps in achieving the strategy (if we even have one at this point).
Strategy? Shit, at this point I'd settle for strategery.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Swamp wrote:

Awesome like God! Duh.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Good day for the Resistance!

Looks like Bill O'Reilly is out.
and
Jason Chaffetz announced he will not seek another term in 2018.

The Chaffetz thing is very interesting. He chairs the Oversight Committee and has been aggressively pressured by his local constituents to actually do his job. In fact, there is a billboard in his District calling him out. So, looks like he had two options: 1) grow a spine 2) quit. I'm sure there will be lots of speculation on why he chose option #2, but I'm guessing there is a big, ugly job to do and he isn't going to take it on.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Swamp wrote:
Never thought this would need clarification, but........By saying "at least be good at it" I wasn't referring to his ability to "hook" anyone, but was saying to at least be clever or funny ("it was awesome" is neither clever nor funny, it's just three words string together)

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer wrote:Good day for the Resistance!

Looks like Bill O'Reilly is out.
and
Jason Chaffetz announced he will not seek another term in 2018.

The Chaffetz thing is very interesting. He chairs the Oversight Committee and has been aggressively pressured by his local constituents to actually do his job. In fact, there is a billboard in his District calling him out. So, looks like he had two options: 1) grow a spine 2) quit. I'm sure there will be lots of speculation on why he chose option #2, but I'm guessing there is a big, ugly job to do and he isn't going to take it on.

Hasn't Orrin hatch said that he wants to resign? I know Chaffetz is definitely on the outs- bigly- with his peeps in Utah at the moment, but I would not be surprised if Jason "I have a 15-year-old daughter, and if I can’t look her in the eye and tell her these things, I can’t endorse Trump" Chaffetz tries for the Senate

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: Hasn't Orrin hatch said that he wants to resign? I know Chaffetz is definitely on the outs- bigly- with his peeps in Utah at the moment, but I would not be surprised if Jason "I have a 15-year-old daughter, and if I can’t look her in the eye and tell her these things, I can’t endorse Trump" Chaffetz tries for the Senate
No. Looks like he is out for Senate, but won't comment on the Governer's race in 2020. About which, I care very little. Good luck with the spine replacement, Jason. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya.

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: Hasn't Orrin hatch said that he wants to resign? I know Chaffetz is definitely on the outs- bigly- with his peeps in Utah at the moment, but I would not be surprised if Jason "I have a 15-year-old daughter, and if I can’t look her in the eye and tell her these things, I can’t endorse Trump" Chaffetz tries for the Senate
No. Looks like he is out for Senate, but won't comment on the Governer's race in 2020. About which, I care very little. Good luck with the spine replacement, Jason. Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya.
Hey, I will be happy if he's never seen or heard from ever again

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

He is too big of a pussy to investigate. In fact, he is too big of a pussy to stand by his own words for more than a few days.

“I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine,” Chaffetz told Salt Lake City’s Fox 13. “My wife and I, we have a 15-year-old daughter, and if I can’t look her in the eye and tell her these things, I can’t endorse this person.”

But by late Wednesday evening, Chaffetz was singing yet another tune.

Jason Chaffetz ✔ @jasoninthehouse
I will not defend or endorse @realDonaldTrump, but I am voting for him. HRC is that bad. HRC is bad for the USA.
8:05 PM - 26 Oct 2016

“I endorsed Trump, then I withdrew my endorsement. So I’m done telling people who to vote for,” Chaffetz explained to the Post earlier this week.

What a jackass.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Now Chaffetz may depart early. I'm telling you...there is something this guy does not want to touch with a 10-ft Mormon pole.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/c ... part-early

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

^^^ When I first saw that picture I swear I thought it was The Onion doing a Beverly Hillbillies parody. Sad.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:Now Chaffetz may depart early. I'm telling you...there is something this guy does not want to touch with a 10-ft Mormon pole.

I'm sure you're right. The only question is whether it's personal (the usual type of scandal) or political (either the usual financial skullduggery or there's something about the Russia connection that he wants no part of). Or I suppose he could be being blackmailed w/ personal scandal in order to keep him out of the Russia inquiry, but I can't see him having enough spine to be a threat to anyone. But no doubt, the real story is somewhere in there and not in the lines of Chaffetz's press releases.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

It cracks me up how close Kid Rock comes to being dressed respectfully, but then, the hat.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

beantownbubba wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:Now Chaffetz may depart early. I'm telling you...there is something this guy does not want to touch with a 10-ft Mormon pole.

I'm sure you're right. The only question is whether it's personal (the usual type of scandal) or political (either the usual financial skullduggery or there's something about the Russia connection that he wants no part of). Or I suppose he could be being blackmailed w/ personal scandal in order to keep him out of the Russia inquiry, but I can't see him having enough spine to be a threat to anyone. But no doubt, the real story is somewhere in there and not in the lines of Chaffetz's press releases.
I do not reside in that shit-heel's district. My representative, Chris Stewart, is even worse than Chaffetz in my opinion. The Utah religiouslature has successfully gerrymandered the voting districts in Utah to the point of absurdity, practically ensuring that any candidate with an (R) after their name will automatically be elected. They could have a basement full of baby skeletons and there could be video of them burning crosses in white robes and the gullible, brain washed Mormon electorate will find a way to rationalize their support. Please don't believe that everyone is Utah is cut from this corrupt cloth. There is a very vocal, passionate and active opposition, however, the concerted efforts by the Utah republican establishment to diminish and negate any dissenting voices has been very successful for decades. Utah republicans vehemently despise the concept of representative government, preferring instead, to be told what to think and how to vote by a few rich white men in dark suits.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Beebs wrote:Image
Wolf's gonna need to change his drawers
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

So, two draft dodgers walk into the Oval Office.......

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Beebs wrote:Image
Awesome :lol:
Disclamer; the picture that shows up on my nook is only Nuge and the women on either side of him. I now see there are more people in the picture. Oh well.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

whatwouldcooleydo?

O'Reilly walks away with $25 million...........nearly twice the $13 million paid out to settle cases against him :roll: