The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So let me cheer you up, now that I've brought the Doom and Gloom:

SPOTTED: Melissa McCarthy Scoots Around NYC On A WH Podium (VIDEO)

I think we might make seeing this week's SNL a family affair.

ETA: There's more. There's always more:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

now he's gone WAY too far

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

That thing with him hiding in the bushes is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. These second rate political comedians like Samantha Bee or whatever her name is can't hold a candle to stuff like that.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:now he's gone WAY too far

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oldie but a goodie: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icr651hyvhb9v ... %20DBT.m4v

John A Arkansawyer

We have officially entered WTFLandia.

God help us all if the WTFLandians fight back.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:We have officially entered WTFLandia.

but.....her......emails......
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:We have officially entered WTFLandia.

but.....her......emails......

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The disaster that is Trump and his administration is so obvious and the hurricane of words it has unleashed in every medium is so large and furious it makes further commentary more or less superfluous. I don't see any value in adding yet another 2 cents on Comey, confidential info and all the rest but I do think these articles are worth reading for their longer term implications and because they are directed at behavior by folks other than Trump and his administration, people and groups where changes can and must be made by real people w/ real problems and real concerns. I highly recommend both because imho they say insightful things about important aspects of the current reality that aren't getting enough mindshare.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/opin ... ebook&_r=0

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/522102/

The only aspect of the current brouhaha(s) not getting enough play imho is the behavior of the congressional so-called "leadership." Even by their standards, their current silence and cynicism is shameful. It is a mystery to me that Ryan has any credibility with anyone and McConnell continues to represent the worst in American politics regardless of political affiliation or philosophy. I would not argue w/ anyone who says that Pelosi is a traditional party hack or that Schumer is a cross between a traditional party hack and stunningly ineffective, but McConnell's in a whole other universe. He should not be underestimated because he is far from incompetent but he is a villain. I can't decide if Pence is a rube being played or is so ambitious that he can't help but trip over his dick; i.e. McConnell w/out the smarts.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Despite the above-referenced torrent of commentary, I am still waiting for what seems to me to be the most obvious meme that should have come out of the Comey fiasco, which is a picture of Jack Nicholson as Colonel Jessup on the stand in A Few Good Men proclaiming loudly and proudly, "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I FIRED COMEY!" :lol:

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:Despite the above-referenced torrent of commentary, I am still waiting for what seems to me to be the most obvious meme that should have come out of the Comey fiasco, which is a picture of Jack Nicholson as Colonel Jessup on the stand in A Few Good Men proclaiming loudly and proudly, "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I FIRED COMEY!" :lol:

This week should be interesting. (Damn, I'd like just one boring week)

With his Tweet from the likely guilded shitter in the WH, Trump just tossed his own people directly under the bus. I mean, no debate. Under. The. Bus. Both his press staff and H.R. McMaster publicly stated (less the 24hrs ago) Trump did not share classified information with the Russians. Although the denials were obfuscated, the position of 'he didn't do it...I was in the room' was fairly clear. The great Orange Anus then confirmed that he shared the information with the Russians this morning. W T F ?

How much are these guys going to put up with? A few of these folks he is throwing under the bus are respected, career Government officials (McMaster, Rosenstein, etc). He is crushing their reputation and making them (and himself) look like incompetent nincompoops. At some point the Rs are going to start distancing themselves - Bob Corker did this morning....and that says something. If the Republicans thought separating themselves from W was tough; man, Trump is just hanging albatross after albatross around their necks. I mean...surely...SURELY...some sort of action is close? I don't need to further make the case for action here, I'm just considering how much political damage these guys are willing to accept.

One thing is for certain (outside a certain diminishing base): The argument that "Hey..that was Trump..not our party" isn't going to fly. Live by the sword, die by the sword, fuckers. And right now, Trump looks like an armed 5-year-old wildly swinging at a Pinata.

If you thought that the danger posed to our country would compel the Republicans to act, I've got a TrumpU degree to sell you. But now...it's getting personal. Old white guys don't care about much, but when it comes to saving their own asses...well, that is their specialty.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Must see TV! This should be interesting:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/h ... s-briefing

whatwouldcooleydo?

and for the cherry on top of Trump's 2 scoops of ice cream, the intel he shared with the Russians came from Israel :shock: :shock: :shock:

this will surely end well :x

saw this posted online: "Trump gave up more intel in 5 minutes with the Russians than John McCain did in 5 years of torture from the North Vietnamese."

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

And we have textbook obstruction of justice folks.

whatwouldcooleydo?

keep wondering when we're gonna get our next "and it was awesome" post :roll:

John A Arkansawyer

Seems legit:

Putin Offers To Provide Congress Record of Trump Meeting

At this point, he's just trolling us.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Seems legit:

Putin Offers To Provide Congress Record of Trump Meeting

At this point, he's just trolling us.
Putin never "just" does anything. Sure, he's enjoying the heck out of this insanity, but on his part it's all method, no madness and no kidding around.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

And we have textbook obstruction of justice folks.

Man....I am so damn tired of winning. Too. Much. Winning.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Wow! The Trump news now comes with theme music! Here's a link to the music as well as the news. Enjoy!

Federal investigators have issued a subpoena for records relating to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, NBC News reports. The subpoena reportedly pertains to a $3.5 million Hamptons home Manafort purchased shortly after leaving the Trump campaign last August. Manafort does not appear to have paid any taxes on the house. NBC News estimates that Manafort should owe $36,750 in taxes on the property.

Manafort took out a loan for the home under the shell company Summerbreeze LLC, which he registered Aug. 19, 2016, the same day he resigned from the Trump campaign following allegations that he received millions of dollars from a pro-Russia group in Ukraine. Manafort’s loan agreement on the home was made with Spruce Capital, an investment firm whose co-founder has partnered on real-estate deals with President Trump, NBC News reports. Spruce Capital is partially funded by Alexander Rovt, a Ukrainian-American developer who attempted to donate $10,000 to Trump’s presidential campaign in violation of campaign-finance regulations.

Didn't we always know that Yacht Rock is the soundtrack to scandal? Subpoena Christopher Cross now!
Last edited by pearlbeer on Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Sooooo, the House GOP leadership held a press conference this morning and talked about...wait for it...wait for it...MOTHERFUCKING TAX REFORM. No talk of the Comey memo or chaos in the White House. Watch out folks agenda ramming in process.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Holy Shit!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... story.html

In what is surely a personal record, I just commented on this in 3 separate FB posts w/in about 10 minutes because I am freaked right out of my mind. I don't have time to post yet again but I'm sure I will later. IF TRUE (a very, very important caveat at this moment), this has potential to be quite literally the scariest thing to happen to our government since perhaps the Civil War.

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:Holy Shit!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... story.html

In what is surely a personal record, I just commented on this in 3 separate FB posts w/in about 10 minutes because I am freaked right out of my mind. I don't have time to post yet again but I'm sure I will later. IF TRUE (a very, very important caveat at this moment), this has potential to be quite literally the scariest thing to happen to our government since perhaps the Civil War.
To quote a Great American, "Don't you have a sense of humor any more? People aren't supposed to be able to laugh?"

John A Arkansawyer

Roger Ailes

Died on the mountaintop
Looking out over the land he led
His people to, a mountaintop
He built himself of bile and lies,
Just enough truth to keep the pile
From collapsing inward till he was dead.
Now his children lick their lips
At a land to loot.
............................They shall not
Build their future on that land
Unless it holds my mortal form
In earth's embrace, and even then,
If I were them, I would not plan
To walk across my grave without
A goddam fight.
............................The truth will out.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

It's been a rough week at the White House

John A Arkansawyer

This is not a crisis, Republicans say as a large spider slowly devours them

I would recognize a crisis if it were happening.

When the president seized me, stunned me with his venom and covered me with digestive fluid from his chelicerae, I was initially taken aback, but I reassured myself with this thought: President Richard Nixon never did that.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer

WINNERS AND LOSERS OF THE RECENT NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST
The nation was recently rocked by retaliatory nuclear blasts that have turned much of America into a barren wasteland, decimating the population, triggering the rise of firestorms and supervolcanoes, and generally bringing civilization to the brink of collapse. Let’s take a look at the political fallout.

Winners

Congressional Republicans: Widespread destruction aside, this was a kumbaya moment for a caucus that has had its share of family spats of late. For the first time since coming together to narrowly pass the American Health Care Act in May, Speaker Paul Ryan wonkily persuaded the House GOP’s version of the Hatfields and McCoys — the principled hardliners of the Freedom Caucus on one hand, and the reasonable moderates of the Tuesday Group on the other — to set their bickering aside just long enough to squeak through a resolution in support of President Trump’s plan, tweeted out at 3:29 a.m. on Thursday morning, to “FRANCE IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. Sick country that won’t solve its own problems. Maybe nucluar?” Concerns that a more deliberative Senate would splash cold water on a rare show of Republican unity proved unfounded when Senator Susan Collins (R-ME), the human fulcrum perched stoically at the precise center of American politics, revealed in a nationally televised special that she would vote to authorize nuclear war to balance out the fact that she had recently broken ranks with her party on an agriculture appropriations bill...

Losers

Decorum: One of the lasting images of western civilization will surely be that of Democratic lawmakers shouting “what the h*ll are you doing?!” at their colleagues from across the aisle during the decisive vote that emboldened President Trump to make good on his nuclear promises. Though it may be considered old-fashioned by some, plenty of Americans still cringe at crude language, and this latest episode is another sad reflection of the coarsening of our public life. The well of the House of Representatives is no place for curse words, no matter how frustrated you are by a vote that went the other way — but try telling that to the handful of irate Dems who, seemingly unaware that C-SPAN was there to capture every moment, hurled expletive after expletive at pragmatic adults-in-the-room Darrell Issa (R-CA), Justin Amash (R-MI), and Elise Stefanik (R-NY) as they cast the votes that clinched a much-needed victory for Speaker Ryan. Here’s hoping that crass behavior on both sides soon gets eradicated along with all carbon-based life forms...

whatwouldcooleydo?

this shit makes me mad as fucking hell. I would not be the least bit surprised if Trump told Erdogan to have at it

Turkish goons beating the shit out of people on American soil :x :x :x

whatwouldcooleydo?