The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

Good quote from the call I made to my Congressman this morning. Conversation with a staffer, of course, since my Congressman has not held a Town Hall since 2009:

Staffer: "Sir....Sir! Are you? Are you threatening me with an ethics violation?"

Me: "Yes. Yes, I am."
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs is not a ragey man

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

pearlbeer wrote:Good quote from the call I made to my Congressman this morning. Conversation with a staffer, of course, since my Congressman has not held a Town Hall since 2009:

Staffer: "Sir....Sir! Are you? Are you threatening me with an ethics violation?"

Good answer! But I have a better one:

"No, sir. Your ethics violation is threatening us."
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:Good quote from the call I made to my Congressman this morning. Conversation with a staffer, of course, since my Congressman has not held a Town Hall since 2009:

I'm not going to last three more years. I can't take this shit.

A Special Prosecutor* was appointed to investigate Bill Clinton for a blow job. But there seems to be no urgency to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate a foreign adversary tampering with our elections.

*Special Prosecutor Ken Starr was later ousted from a Baptist University for fostering a culture of rape.

John A Arkansawyer

pearlbeer wrote:

I'm not going to last three more years. I can't take this shit.

A Special Prosecutor* was appointed to investigate Bill Clinton for a blow job. But there seems to be no urgency to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate a foreign adversary tampering with our elections.

*Special Prosecutor Ken Starr was later ousted from a Baptist University for fostering a culture of rape.
Don't worry. You haven't seen anything yet. When the shit starts really coming down--soon, now that Jeff Sessions doesn't have Comey to interfere with unleashing the Hounds of Hell on us--you'll be too busy to worry. Too busy to give up. It's tough to let go, you know.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Sean Spicer Spent Several Minutes Hidden in the Bushes

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.
"Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off," he ordered. "We'll take care of this.... Can you just turn that light off?"

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.

Let that sink in for a minute: the chief spokesperson for the president of the United States hid in the bushes, only to emerge after journalists agreed to talk to him in "near darkness."
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

tinnitus photography wrote:Image
god damn, I just posted that also. Guess I should have checked the previous page before posting.

whatwouldcooleydo?

The day after firing James Comey, for what many think ultimately is his role in the Russian investigation, Trump hosts the pop duo The Two Sergeis in the Oval Office and while allowing Russian press (that turns out to be TASS) to be present, bans any/all American reporters

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:The day after firing James Comey, for what many think ultimately is his role in the Russian investigation, Trump hosts the pop duo The Two Sergeis in the Oval Office and while allowing Russian press (that turns out to be TASS) to be present, bans any/all American reporters

Now Trumps says that the Russians tricked him. "They lie you know" coming from a White House staffer.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:this is a great look........and timely

Totally surprised that Tillerson didn't add, "good one, Sergei!"............ but then again, he hardly ever speaks

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:The day after firing James Comey, for what many think ultimately is his role in the Russian investigation, Trump hosts the pop duo The Two Sergeis in the Oval Office and while allowing Russian press (that turns out to be TASS) to be present, bans any/all American reporters

Now Trumps says that the Russians tricked him. "They lie you know" coming from a White House staffer.
Those are people who lied, lied
They were all Trump's friends, and they all lied

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

someone got the better of the Great Trump?

whatwouldcooleydo?

such a golden moment. Look at how they are showering one another with affection.

америка первый

John A Arkansawyer

Allow Me, a Simple English Major, to Decode FBI Director Comey’s Goodbye Letter
Kaila Hale-Stern wrote:I always knew that my degree in English literature that I am still paying for would one day prove to be crucial in a world crisis. Now, I will expertly use the unique skills that I was trained in, like close reading and deconstructing the nuances of subtext from sentences, to translate ex-FBI Director Comey’s farewell letter to his colleagues for the masses.

To all:

I DIDN’T EVEN ACTUALLY GET TO SEND THIS TO EVERYONE IN THE DEPARTMENT BECAUSE I WAS SHOVED OUT LIKE A GODDAMNED PARIAH WHO HAD PISSED IN H.R.’S COFFEE SO FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW POST IT ON FREAKIN’ FACEBOOK SO THAT YOUR GRANDMOTHER SEES IT PRINT OUT COPIES AND DROP THEM FROM OUR STEALTH SPY AIRPLANES OVER THE AMBER FIELDS OF AMERICA MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I’M OFFICIALLY NAILING THIS SHIT TO THE CHURCH DOOR LIKE MARTIN LUTHER

I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all.

IN CASE IT’S NOT PERFECTLY CLEAR I’M THE LATTER CASE Y’ALL OR ELSE I WOULDN’T HAVE MENTIONED IT

I’m not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed.

YEAH I’M NOT GONNA GO INTO IT HERE BECAUSE H.R.’S LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER BUT THE FACT THAT I MENTION “THE DECISION” IS MEANT TO BE A BIG RED FLAG CALLING YOUR ATTENTION TO SHITBAG TRUMP’S SHITBAG DECISION

AND THE FACT THAT I ALSO MENTION THE WAY IT WAS EXECUTED IS MEANT TO REMIND YOU THAT THAT MOTHERF–ER DIDN’T EVEN HAVE THE BASIC RESPECT TO CALL ME OR LOOK ME IN THE EYE WHEN HE FIRED ME LISTEN FRIENDS WE TREAT FBI TRAINEES BETTER WHEN WE CATCH THEM DOING SILENCE OF THE LAMBS COSPLAY IN THE QUANTICO DORMS AT NIGHT

LISTEN FRIENDS ENTRY-LEVEL TEMPS GET BETTER TREATMENT THAN YOUR MAN HERE WHO DEDICATED DECADES OF HIS LIFE TO KEEPING THIS GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY SAFE WHILE TRUMP LIVED IN A GOLDEN TOWER HOSTING REALITY TELEVISION SHOWS AND GRABBING PUSSIES YOU BEST BELIEVE YOU BETTER SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME THINKING ABOUT HOW THIS WAS HANDLED EVEN TOTAL FAILURES GET A HEADS-UP FIRST AND I’M STILL WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT SEVERANCE FROM H.R.

I hope you won’t either.

I HOPE YOU WILL
Like they say, it gets better.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Trump/White House can't even keep their stories straight for a few hours anymore
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

But now heš got a letter. A CERTIFIED letter. :lol:

John A Arkansawyer

4sooner wrote:But now heš got a letter. A CERTIFIED letter. :lol:
That doesn't work out exactly as intended in Steven Hunter's Hot Springs.

Be sure to take the preface to that book to heart. Sid McMath is a genuine Arkansas hero.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/p ... .html?_r=0

Trump threatens the FBI with 'tapes'. NO! NO! DONT THROW BR'ER RABBIT IN THE BRIAR PATCH!

John A Arkansawyer

pearlbeer wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/p ... .html?_r=0

Trump threatens the FBI with 'tapes'. NO! NO! DONT THROW BR'ER RABBIT IN THE BRIAR PATCH!

Once the five-star General Attorney Sessions unleashes the Hounds of Hell, who is going to stop him?

Jeff Sessions Issues “Moral and Just” Policy Requiring Prosecutors to Seek the Harshest Sentence Possible

I have had nightmares about what would happen when the Republicans got ahold of both the NSA and the Justice Department. Now they are about to come true, probably about the same time President Pence takes office. Real Soon Now.

He won't start with RICO prosecutions against blue-state governments which have legalized medical marijuana, but he'll get there faster than you will expect.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Once the five-star General Attorney Sessions unleashes the Hounds of Hell, who is going to stop him?

Jeff Sessions Issues “Moral and Just” Policy Requiring Prosecutors to Seek the Harshest Sentence Possible

I have had nightmares about what would happen when the Republicans got ahold of both the NSA and the Justice Department. Now they are about to come true, probably about the same time President Pence takes office. Real Soon Now.

He won't start with RICO prosecutions against blue-state governments which have legalized medical marijuana, but he'll get there faster than you will expect.
On a smaller scale, it means that petty drug offenders will get harsher sentences rather than milder ones, and the prison industrial complex starts cashing the checks
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:

On a smaller scale, it means that petty drug offenders will get harsher sentences rather than milder ones, and the prison industrial complex starts cashing the checks
You think in too small a scale. Very few petty drug offenders are moving at a federal level. Those are state and local prosecutions.

Five-Star General Attorney Sessions is part of the TrumPence war cabinet. He thinks a lot bigger than you. Probably bigger than me. And if my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably burn my ass with gasoline, so it's not alright, ma, it's not politics as usual and politics as usual only.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

If they eventually impeach Trump, and I have my doubts, it won't be President Pence, it will be President Ryan. Trump has made sure that Pence is in as deep as the rest of them.

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:If they eventually impeach Trump, and I have my doubts, it won't be President Pence, it will be President Ryan. Trump has made sure that Pence is in as deep as the rest of them.
I'm hoping they don't impeach Trump, because he's such a loose cannon. The longer he stays in, the better it is for you and me and us and the whole fucking world. If he's replaced with anyone with even half a clue, we'll be in even deeper shit than we already are. And I'm having a little trouble catching my breath just now.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:If they eventually impeach Trump, and I have my doubts, it won't be President Pence, it will be President Ryan. Trump has made sure that Pence is in as deep as the rest of them.
I'm hoping they don't impeach Trump, because he's such a loose cannon. The longer he stays in, the better it is for you and me and us and the whole fucking world. If he's replaced with anyone with even half a clue, we'll be in even deeper shit than we already are. And I'm having a little trouble catching my breath just now.
Nah, the GOP will have fucked themselves 6 ways to Thursday if they have to impeach him. My grave, and very real concern, is that if there is a terrorist attack no matter how small Trump will declare martial law and then we really are fucked.

John A Arkansawyer

Seriously, folks, three things happened this week that make me believe things are about to shift into high gear:
  1. High-ranking people with reputations for rectitude in the Justice Department have been fired or put into compromising positions.
  2. Sessions has announced a policy of going for maximum charges for any prosecution.
  3. There is a White House-picked commission on voter fraud.
I expect an election in 2018. Do I expect it to be free or fair? I expect that Donald Trump plans to see just how many of those three million people whose votes he falsely claimed were fraudulent he and Sessions can keep from ever having the right to vote again. Those aren't lies he tells us. Those are aspriations, to be proven retroactively.
Tequila Cowboy wrote:My grave, and very real concern, is that if there is a terrorist attack no matter how small Trump will declare martial law and then we really are fucked.
That's a very real possibility. His frenemies in Russia, who are the descendants of the KGB, would have no problem taking care of that little detail for him. They probably won't tell him--unless that's what the meeting was about this week--because they probably plan to target near enough to him that it'll look real.

But Trump might act first. I am dead serious about RICO cases aimed at taking down blue-state governments. Those won't be polite, "turn yourself in tomorrow morning" arrests. They will go in with guns blazing against state and local officials protected by local law enforcement. That will begin The War Against The States.

Don't bet on me like a trifecta. I'm sure I've got some details wrong, and I've marked at least two places where contingency plays a great part. But if you spread your bets out on what I'm predicting and hedge them intelligently, you'll probably make enough money to buy your way over the border.
Last edited by John A Arkansawyer on Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Nah, the GOP will have fucked themselves 6 ways to Thursday if they have to impeach him. My grave, and very real concern, is that if there is a terrorist attack no matter how small Trump will declare martial law and then we really are fucked.
That's a nice Reichstag you got there, would hate for something to happen to it.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:My grave, and very real concern, is that if there is a terrorist attack no matter how small Trump will declare martial law and then we really are fucked.
I may have been reading too many of the links posted in this thread, but I'm figuring Trump's declaration of martial law at some point as being pretty much inevitable.
Let the outside air in

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:That's a nice Reichstag you got there, would hate for something to happen to it.
Exactly.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo?

damn, doesn't it seem like years since Sally Yates gave her testimony........... and it was only 4 days ago :roll:

seemed so monumental that day but now it's almost like it never happened