The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

pearlbeer wrote:Flynn conspired with the Russians, lied to our heads of state and negotiated on behalf of our country without legal authority. No further investigation.

But those Clinton emails........
hey, according to Jason Chaffetz, no need to investigate Flynn as the situation has "taken care of itself"
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:Flynn conspired with the Russians, lied to our heads of state and negotiated on behalf of our country without legal authority. No further investigation.

But those Clinton emails........
Not only that, but why have the Rs not focused on the Yemen fuckaree the same way they did Benghazi?
fuck it, fuck it, Fuckaree, just don't tell 'em you know me

whatwouldcooleydo?

Mike Flynn, in reference to Hillary Clinton, at the Republican National Convention:

If I — a guy who knows this business — if I did a tenth of what she did, I would be in jail today

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!
Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatwouldcooleydo?

then

now

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glenn McCoy's (the cartoonist) explanation:

“My cartoon was about how, in this day and age, decades beyond the civil rights protests, it’s sad that people are still being denied the right to speak freely or do their jobs or enter public buildings because others disagree with who they are or how they think,” McCoy told the site in an emailed statement. “I’m surprised that some readers see ‘hate’ in this cartoon when I thought I was speaking out against hate.”

The level of toxicity in today’s political climate has reached ridiculous levels,” his statement read. “I regret if anyone was offended by my choice of metaphors but my intention was to focus on the protesters being hateful and to open up a dialogue on this point.”

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

There isn't an eyeroll emoji big enough for that awful analogy. Holy christ
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:There isn't an eyeroll emoji big enough for that awful analogy. Holy christ
Indeed, he took tone deaf to an unpresidented level

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

What a truly wonderful example.....pages upon pages of irony, hypocrisy and tolerance being displayed by the Left posters here.....fine display.
After all, Love Trumps hate right?
The Democrats are the party of love, tolerance and understanding.......... so I've heard......
..................unless you disagree with them.

Then by God, prepare for their vitriol.

"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Oh boy

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

DiamondDave wrote:What a truly wonderful example.....pages upon pages of irony, hypocrisy and tolerance being displayed by the Left posters here.....fine display.
The Democrats are the party of love, tolerance and understanding.......... so I've heard......

right you are :D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

"Why aren't you tolerant of my intolerance?"

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

following up on dave's point, have any of you ever considered that it's the victims of racism who are the REAL racists?
ain't no static on the gospel radio

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

stolen from a friend:

"The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!" - Trump on Twitter, 2/14/17

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump at a rally 7/27/16

look folks, it's the rare orange snowflake!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Also in the news, Kellyanne Conway cast as the first female Doctor Who, character to be renamed Doctor WTF?!?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

DiamondDave wrote:What a truly wonderful example.....pages upon pages of irony, hypocrisy and tolerance being displayed by the Left posters here.....fine display.

I offer Cole Younger as a counterpoint. He has very different political beliefs than most of us, yet he comes in here and offers measured, informed, and respectul takes, and I feel confident in saying that he and his opinion are more than tolerated. When Cole has something to say I venture to guess most everyone here stops to listen, because he always makes quality posts and has earned the respect of those who regularly post in this thread. Often the discussions are not comfortable but that is what political discussion is about. Cole, I sincerely apologize for bringing you into this, but you and your place in this thread belie what DD said

Perhaps you and Wolf should try Cole's approach instead of the once-in-a-blue moon "drive by and then run" post. If you have something to say, please offer it. Otherwise posts like the one you made are just talkin' loud and sayin' nuthin'

And remember, tolerance does not equal acquiescence

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Facts trump ignorance.
Keep calm and have a cigar

John A Arkansawyer

Here Are the Most Notable Kloo Horn Players in Star Wars, Don’t Argue With Me

Queen Leonie of the planet Zeltros was purported to be skilled in “combat, art, science and love,” an elected monarch who was quite popular among her people. She also had collections of erotic sculptures, fancy hats, and over one million pairs of shoes. All that and she also played the Zeltron lute and the kloo horn? What more could you want from a woman, honestly.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

When you come back in 6 weeks to drop another alt right turd in here can explain what this is supposed to mean?
Beebs is not a ragey man

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:

I offer Cole Younger as a counterpoint. He has very different political beliefs than most of us, yet he comes in here and offers measured, informed, and respectul takes, and I feel confident in saying that he and his opinion are more than tolerated. When Cole has something to say I venture to guess most everyone here stops to listen, because he always makes quality posts and has earned the respect of those who regularly post in this thread. Often the discussions are not comfortable but that is what political discussion is about. Cole, I sincerely apologize for bringing you into this, but you and your place in this thread belie what DD said

Perhaps you and Wolf should try Cole's approach instead of the once-in-a-blue moon "drive by and then run" post. If you have something to say, please offer it. Otherwise posts like the one you made are just talkin' loud and sayin' nuthin'

And remember, tolerance does not equal acquiescence
Very kind of you, WWCD, I appreciate it.

I think a good rule of thumb when posting in this thread is to never take the approach of trying g to convince anyone that they are wrong or to try to change anyone's mind. Because most likey neither of those things are going to happen but they definitely aren't going to happen through insults and yelling.

It's also best to remind yourself (universal you of course) that different politics doesn't make someone your enemy. That and just because you disagree on politics doesn't mean you don't agree on a lot of other things.

And last, even if you think the other person is wrong, you can and will learn something from them if you don't dismiss them.

This thread is a lot of fun if you don't treat it like the fate of the country depends on convincing the other person that they are wrong.

In the end I think it makes everyone better if done right. When one of my buddies around here (South Georgia) is making some oversimplified blanket statement about the liberal position on a particular issue I often find myself saying, "well no that's not really it..."

We all want basically the same the same thing I think. A country that is safe for us, our kids, and grandkids, a country where everyone has maximum opportunity to use and maximize their talents, and a country with the most freedom possible while still managing a functioning society that allows (insures?) Those first two things are possible.

As liberals and conservatives we are simply haggling over the details of how to get there. When we remember the person with a different t view point just wants a safe country for them and their family where their kids can grow up and prosper under liberty and peruse their happiness just like us, then all the nastiness seems like what it is, unnecessary.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

good post, Cole.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus photography wrote:good post, Cole.
Thanks dude.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Agreed. You nailed it. Way more unites us than divides us. I just hope we all figure that out at some point.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Agreed. You nailed it. Way more unites us than divides us. I just hope we all figure that out at some point.
Me too man.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

x2.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

A very nice post Cole.
If only it was always this way. Unfortunately I've very rarely seen it handled this way.

Politics discussed rarely lead to kumbaya, I think we can all agree on that. I am either the most Liberal Conservative or the most Conservative Liberal. I've never been quite able to figure it out. Though I guess I would identify as Conservative, particularly financially, though I tend to lean Liberal in many social areas.

I voted Libertarian for what it's worth.

I disagree with both sides, and as it is, catch shit from both sides. I'm also a Deadhead. A Conservative Deadhead. Try living that life online.

I guess I have a hard time discussing such matters online. Perhaps it's the sarcasm. Or the implied condescension that often accompanies politics. I become overly defensive.

Plus, I often have a beer or six....and somehow begin to think I'm the most prophetic man since Jesus.

All the best.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

are we brothers dave? :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

DiamondDave wrote:I'm also a Deadhead. A Conservative Deadhead. Try living that life online.
But do you have a Deadhead sticker on your Cadillac (or SUV)?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Je suis IKEA

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:
DiamondDave wrote:I'm also a Deadhead. A Conservative Deadhead. Try living that life online.
The guy who got us tickets to that hellish Dead show on Jerry's fortieth from those bikers and their girlfriend had both Grateful Dead and Ronald Reagan stickers on his car and meant them both.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
The guy who got us tickets to that hellish Dead show on Jerry's fortieth from those bikers and their girlfriend had both Grateful Dead and Ronald Reagan stickers on his car and meant them both.

Ann Coulter, and Tucker Carlson are both fans of The Dead
Keep calm and have a cigar