The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:37 am
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:49 pm
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:04 pm

stealing this.
This is a joke Charles Manson stole from the Beatles & we’re stealin’ it back!
:lol:

whatwouldTHEFLYdo?
To this day I regularly quote from that film. My favorite is, “the god I believe in isn’t short of cash, MEESTER!”

Also like, “it’s a musical journey” and “OK, Edge, play the blues”
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:56 pm
https://wapo.st/3tY1jah
This is insane. This has nothing to do w/ a political POV, policy or even "owning the libs." How anyone could vote for Trump for anything after reading this is beyond me but of course those most likely to vote for Trump are least likely to read this.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:27 am
This is insane. This has nothing to do w/ a political POV, policy or even "owning the libs." How anyone could vote for Trump for anything after reading this is beyond me but of course those most likely to vote for Trump are least likely to read this.
I think that for a significant number of MAGAts vengeance against & punishment of “their enemies” is the entire reason they support this chucklefuck

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Jon Stewart approaches this interview really well. calm, measured, logical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmjNYt ... JonStewart

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:11 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
I think that for a significant number of MAGAts vengeance against & punishment of “their enemies” is the entire reason they support this chucklefuck

I can't and won't disagree with you but still, I'd like to think that at least some would draw the line at literally overthrowing the government. But I have to say my track record on these sorts of predictions is not good

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:00 pm
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:11 pm
beantownbubba wrote:

I can't and won't disagree with you but still, I'd like to think that at least some would draw the line at literally overthrowing the government. But I have to say my track record on these sorts of predictions is not good

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Seems like we've officially reached "be careful what you wish for" status for the Republican Party and abortion.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:51 am
Seems like we've officially reached "be careful what you wish for" status for the Republican Party and abortion.
The lesson they will learn from this is that they should never allow these issues to reach ballots where voters can voice their opinions. This will further embolden them to subvert democracy and ramp up voter restrictions
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:46 am
beantownbubba wrote:
The lesson they will learn from this is that they should never allow these issues to reach ballots where voters can voice their opinions. This will further embolden them to subvert democracy and ramp up voter restrictions
Bingo. The days of any sort of cooler head prevailing on the right in regards to social issues, especially abortion, are long gone. They are just the Libs of Tik Tok party.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

brettac1 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:08 am
Libs of Tik Tok party.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
So...the glass is 90% full and you choose to see it as empty? I don't get it.

You probably remember that the Republicans tried to rig this election back in August and they failed miserably. Then they lost the actual vote, too. And don't forget VA where the abortion issue is largely credited/blamed for flipping BOTH legislative houses to the Dems as well as derailing Youngkin's presidential ambitions. And let's not forget Kansas. Etc, etc. Right now the Republicans are full of sound, fury, whining and frustration signifying nothing.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:21 pm
Forget it, Jake--it's Democrat Town.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The glass is half empty unless/until Trump loses in 2024. The Trump Revenge Tour, coupled with Project 2025, should be enough to keep everyone up at night ( despite recent gains and victories)

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:02 am
The glass is half empty unless/until Trump loses in 2024. The Trump Revenge Tour, coupled with Project 2025, should be enough to keep everyone up at night ( despite recent gains and victories)
If you'll focus on the declining risk and not the growing stakes, you'll sleep much more easily.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

jr29

Post by jr29 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:21 pm
Zip City wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

You probably remember that the Republicans tried to rig this election back in August and they failed miserably. Then they lost the actual vote, too. And don't forget VA where the abortion issue is largely credited/blamed for flipping BOTH legislative houses to the Dems as well as derailing Youngkin's presidential ambitions. And let's not forget Kansas. Etc, etc. Right now the Republicans are full of sound, fury, whining and frustration signifying nothing.
Dems win on issues and they win overwhelmingly. They just need a better salesperson or some shit.

I also have to wonder if Mississippi gubernatorial candidate Brandon Presley is wishing he'd have run his race with a pro-choice type message. Perhaps he truly is a pro-life person and he was true to his convictions, but I'd love to know what the results would have been if he'd have had a different approach.
Mississippi is definitely a state I'd be putting some effort into if I woke up in a position of power in the Democratic party. It might not happen in the next 4-6 years, but I could see a shift occurring in the next few election cycles.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:57 am
Zip City wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:02 am
If you'll focus on the declining risk and not the growing stakes, you'll sleep much more easily.
Project 2025, if implemented, would be the end of America as we know it.

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:30 am
And this is different from Trump 2020 how exactly?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:24 pm
Zip City wrote:
Have you read Project 2025?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:24 pm
Zip City wrote:
There are threats everywhere one looks. Many of them are even real. But to relentlessly focus on the threats w/out recognizing the victories, even if they're well short of some kind of ultimate victory (what would that look like, anyway?) is a sure prescription for despair and, worse, burnout We all need to keep our eyes, ears and minds open and do whatever we fell our individual bits are to contribute to the right outcome, that' hasn't changed. But if I couldn't take any comfort from the positive developments, some actually caused or at least contributed to by our collective actions, I think I'd go nuts.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:45 pm
https://wapo.st/47rE7Qi
Believe it or not, Trump has done us a favor. The line is now drawn. The gauntlet has been thrown. We've reached the "why didn't the good Germans do more to stop Hitler when they could?" or "which side are you on?" decision making time. The Republican Party needs to disavow him. The Republican presidential candidates need to separate themselves from him. Republican leadership, such as it is, need to clearly state that this is unacceptable. I couldn't explain Jewish Republicans yesterday, but today (unless they're waiting for the actions I've just described to happen) if they're still Republicans they've raised cognitive dissonance to a new and completely bizarre level completely divorced from history and common sense. Are uncertain tax cuts really enough to throw your weight and money behind someone who has basically said he wants to destroy you?

If these statements aren't alarm bells, what would be?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Claiming Unrestrained Chainsaw as band name

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

does he think he's Thanos?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:18 pm
I don't know but I do know he thinks he's cool. Whoever said that life is just like high school (or words to that effect) was exactly right. This guy is pathetic and will never be cool and no amount of money is gonna change that. How he continues to generate press coverage is beyond my limited capacity to understand.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:52 pm
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:18 pm
I don't know but I do know he thinks he's cool. Whoever said that life is just like high school (or words to that effect) was exactly right. This guy is pathetic and will never be cool and no amount of money is gonna change that. How he continues to generate press coverage is beyond my limited capacity to understand.
It’s because he goes full 24/7/365.

whatwouldcooleydo?

https://wapo.st/47smwrt

Quote from the article:

This rhetoric would be horrifying even if one didn’t interpret it literally, given the history of authoritarian leaders who have compared disfavored groups to “vermin.”

Why the fuck do they not name names regarding said authoritarian leaders? 🤬 The SOB is using exact words Hitler used, so why not explicitly say so? You can’t assume that everyone reading the piece understands the reference.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:15 pm
https://wapo.st/47smwrt

Quote from the article:

This rhetoric would be horrifying even if one didn’t interpret it literally, given the history of authoritarian leaders who have compared disfavored groups to “vermin.”

Why the fuck do they not name names regarding said authoritarian leaders? 🤬 The SOB is using exact words Hitler used, so why not explicitly say so? You can’t assume that everyone reading the piece understands the reference.
Yep. Interestingly, while the coverage on this was slow to get started (including the Times's totally innocuous original headline which has already been skewered mercilessly around social media), it seems like at least some of the MSM is catching on and naming names. OTOH, I have yet to see coverage which suggests that reporters are pushing various major players to respond (other than Rep Party chair Ronna McDaniel who was pathetic on a Neville Chamberlain level that ought to get her fired).

I agree w/ Zip that the "2025 plan" being talked about by Trump's team is more frightening on a substantive level, but imho it doesn't get any worse than rhetoric that deliberately and knowingly parrots some of the most evil people in history because words can stir people in a way that plans generally do not and the intentionality of it is as loud an alarm bell as I can imagine. Yikes, bit of a run on there but I'm just gonna leave it because I gotta catch a train. In Italy where, ironically (or something) the trains generally run on time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Why is Mike Johnson still Speaker of the House? Or perhaps the better question is why isn't Kevin McCarthy again/still the Speaker of the House?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:57 am
Why is Mike Johnson still Speaker of the House? Or perhaps the better question is why isn't Kevin McCarthy again/still the Speaker of the House?
Expecting consistency here was your first mistake.