The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:54 am
Are you saying those are your new rules? And you are laying down specifically on what is now the political thread, what we can talk about?
I am saying that I don't want the politics thread to be another covid thread. I think it would be more accurate to say that I am stating my preferences, not laying down rules, which is not my department. People are free to ignore my bold letters; it is a statement of intent, it does not have the force of law, but I hoped it would help focus the discussion in a way that eluded the covid thread and would make clear that this post was not at all argumentative. It seems to have failed in the latter purpose but I'm not really sure why.
boyyourself wrote:
Only sick people in ms matter right now and thats what we have to focus on because zip brought it up and showed compassion?
This is so wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to start. As it happened zip posted slightly before me. The fact that 2 people had the same impulse and were affected by the same news should mean something. But it most assuredly does not mean that only sick people in MS matter right now. That's ridiculous and completely unjustified by anything either of us wrote. You want to use compassion as a pejorative. Be my guest. I'm pretty sure you're alone on that.
boyyourself wrote:
You also gonna accuse me of lacking compassion?
Huh? What in my post has anything, the slightest thing, to do with you? What in anything I posted even implies that I think you lack compassion much less that I'm going to accuse you of lacking compassion? The truth is I don't think about you or your compassion or the lack thereof enough to comment on it nor can I think of a reason why I would. I have no idea where you get this from or how you think it relates to my post. It's a non sequitur; a bizarre brain fart. As for thoughts and prayers: Empty gestures are empty gestures no matter who makes them. Thoughts and prayers are the last think I'm looking for or expecting from anyone.
boyyourself wrote:
How many times you roll yo eyes at me?
Once again I ask, what does my post have to do with you? Even responding to this post of yours I'm not rolling my eyes, I'm scratching my head and that's not being cute. It's the difference between being condescending or dismissive and being totally confused and lacking any understanding of what you're talking about and why.
boyyourself wrote:
Good for you. Back at ya on this one bubba.
A perfect example of my last comment. I do not know what you mean by either of these sentences. I do not know if you mean them positively, negatively, sarcastically, condescendingly or what. Whatever your point is, it's totally lost on me and has me...scratching my head.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:47 am

And so you have a quick fix?
yeah, it's obvious - get vaccinated.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:04 am
Government workers in philly now required to double mask. Thats fucking stupid.
Are people in ms being instructed to get fresh air and exercise? No. And you dont mind them being told to mask and go inside? Nothing to say about that?
No but you will go on a rant about exactly what everone else should be caring about at the moment. And goddamnit dont talk about masks!!!!!!
You have a choice not to read any of this. That would be called policing yourself and being responsible for yourself.
I have not been condescending with my posts. You just dont like them. Thats fine too.
I don't care if people in philadelphia are fucking stupid. Or more accurately I don't care whether you think people in Philadelphia are fucking stupid.

Why you think instructing people to get fresh air and exercise is at all relevant to a current crisis is beyond me, but "fucking stupid" doesn't begin to describe how fucking stupid it is. Long term solutions for short term problems? Yeah, that's real smart.

I am not telling anyone else what to care about, nor am I going on a rant. If you think this is a rant, you have no idea. Once again, nothing about my post was telling anyone what they should care about at this moment. That you choose to read it that way is on you. That you entirely missed my point about not talking about masks may be on me. But it also may be on you. Whatever.

Yes, I do have a choice not to read any of this. I also have the choice to think that not only do you not have a fucking clue about what I'm talking about or what I was trying to do, you don't have a fucking clue about what you're talking about.

Yeah, you've been plenty condescending in your posts. That you don't see that is also on you. You have no idea what I like and don't like about your posts or, apparently, about anything. I'm sure it serves your purposes to believe that I "just don't like" your posts. Hey, whatever works.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Are we entirely sure that boyyourself =/= LJ? Very similar style of posting/arguing/debating
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 am
I don't care if people in philadelphia are fucking stupid. Or more accurately I don't care whether you think people in Philadelphia are fucking stupid.
Hey now y'all
If you don't run you rust

tinnitus photography

Clams wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:11 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Hey now y'all
:lol:

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:04 am
Government workers in philly now required to double mask. Thats fucking stupid.
Are people in ms being instructed to get fresh air and exercise? No. And you dont mind them being told to mask and go inside? Nothing to say about that?
No but you will go on a rant about exactly what everone else should be caring about at the moment. And goddamnit dont talk about masks!!!!!!
You have a choice not to read any of this. That would be called policing yourself and being responsible for yourself.
I have not been condescending with my posts. You just dont like them. Thats fine too.

Why you think instructing people to get fresh air and exercise is at all relevant to a current crisis is beyond me, but "fucking stupid" doesn't begin to describe how fucking stupid it is. Long term solutions for short term problems? Yeah, that's real smart.

I am not telling anyone else what to care about, nor am I going on a rant. If you think this is a rant, you have no idea. Once again, nothing about my post was telling anyone what they should care about at this moment. That you choose to read it that way is on you. That you entirely missed my point about not talking about masks may be on me. But it also may be on you. Whatever.

Yes, I do have a choice not to read any of this. I also have the choice to think that not only do you not have a fucking clue about what I'm talking about or what I was trying to do, you don't have a fucking clue about what you're talking about.

Yeah, you've been plenty condescending in your posts. That you don't see that is also on you. You have no idea what I like and don't like about your posts or, apparently, about anything. I'm sure it serves your purposes to believe that I "just don't like" your posts. Hey, whatever works.

You guys are talking about covid and thats ok?
Also ive admitted to being condescending. Doesnt mean i csnt post without. Take it how you want.
I dont care about stupid people neither do you.

Long term solutions need to involve more thsn just vsxxing. I an justin luthier for saying that? Brilliant.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:14 am

So i can buy that vax is good for this for now. Masking? Nope. They not the same. Lumping them together with a safety message really makes it fishy.
Cool. I literally put my mask away from around May 15 until a week or two ago. I had to take it back out because not enough people got vaccinated.

You realize none of us like wearing masks, right? And are eager to never have to do it again as soon as feasible? And we all kinda thought we were getting there, and so we're a little salty now because getting them back out was avoidable? Just checking. Glad you're coming around on the vaccine.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:08 pm
boyyourself wrote:

So i can buy that vax is good for this for now. Masking? Nope. They not the same. Lumping them together with a safety message really makes it fishy.
Cool. I literally put my mask away from around May 15 until a week or two ago. I had to take it back out because not enough people got vaccinated.

You realize none of us like wearing masks, right? And are eager to never have to do it again as soon as feasible? And we all kinda thought we were getting there, and so we're a little salty now because getting them back out was avoidable? Just checking. Glad you're coming around on the vaccine.
If the vaccine works why do you need a mask? We end up going in such circles on this.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:18 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

If the vaccine works why do you need a mask? We end up going in such circles on this.
Yeah we've been through it. Let's not pollute this thread with it, to bubba's point. I just don't think anyone actually does "lump together" vaccines and masks.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:41 am
Are we entirely sure that boyyourself =/= LJ? Very similar style of posting/arguing/debating

And whats your style? Oh yeah. Posting infection rates, name calling, and virtue signaling. Yall are making this about me. What now you gonna shut the thread because my opinions dont match yalls. So trendy in every level of humanity. Its you thank cant handle a polarizing duscussion, because to you its not polarizing due to your certainty. Your certainty combined with wild accusations and name calling is why its not polarizing to you. And why you cant handle dissenting opinions.

Rand paul speaks truth about masks and the shifty ass cdc? Censor! How is this different? Yall are attacking alt perspectives and when met with resistence, via text message, and when that doesnt go your way you eliminate the forum. I am not being condesinding. I am texting opinions on a message board. They arrent arguments
Dont ask me because i dont know what it means. Never claimed to. Oh but you do. Of course you do.

I was altering my ways as requested before covid thread shut. Am lipsticking my posts now. I accepted feedbsck and appreciated it. I am not in here to fight or argur but you can take it that way. Or you can leave it. I heard bubbs say i was still doing what i was doing. Got it. Still fucking up. Cant please anyone ever right? Ok but it seems i should be able to come here, opine just like you. Give me all the shit. Big diff between giving and taking shit, and name calling or defending myself ftom accusatiins.
Or just not react at all. I do not want control of the conversation......doesnt mean i wont post something you dont like. I had to stop taking anything on here personllly. Doesnt mean i have to take it. Hate dishing it out in self defense. Not going after anyone. No offense intended. Do not want to fight. Do not mind a disagreement. Do not see this as competion. Think with all my stoned heart that for long term societal wellness, starting now, there is some complex unknown of vaxxing and lifestyle changes, that could set us on the right path. Just vax doesnt do it all justice imo. A good start for many perhaps.
But, now people are onto a 3rd shot? Booster recommendations coming soon from powers. Any other recommendations? No. Thats not good. They shouldnt have o be mutually exclusive, nor made to look that way as our only altrrnative.
I dont want to fight goddammit! Nothing against anyone and it seems the same vice versa. Just know i am not trying to fight on any level. And not at all trying to shield myself from criticism.....not. at. All.
Hopefully that helps. That was the intention. Perhaps i will caveat intention in my posts, much to a cowyboys chagrin, thats a maga guy trying to meet the green new deal halfway

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:19 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Yeah we've been through it. Let's not pollute this thread with it, to bubba's point. I just don't think anyone actually does "lump together" vaccines and masks.

You dont think.anyone lumps together v and m? That is a wild statement

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Well I can’t make you answer.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:22 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Okay. I thought "we end up going in circles" was a way to say let's not rehash what's already been argued ad nauseam. Me, personally? Not worried about getting Covid. Will be fine. Vaccines something like 88% effective against Delta variant. 88% isn't 100%. Don't want to be a vector for a dangerous virus. That's about all there is to it from the section my seats are in, to steal a phrase from Cooley.

tinnitus photography

“My decision to pee-pee and poo-poo in the place of my choosing is a private health decision,”

https://www.theonion.com/toddler-cites- ... 1847466497

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:21 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Not really, no. Masks were a 2020 "solution," and not a particularly effective one. But better than nothing, and every bit counts.

Vaccines are a 2021 solution, and a very effective one. Everyone on my "side" (what a thing to have to say about a pandemic) agrees that vaccines are orders of magnitude better and more effective than masks. So no, I don't think people meaningfully lump them together. I think people make very tangible and reasoned distinctions between them.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Exactly. So i get bubba screaming lets not talk about it, why? Mandates are coming back. And it seems ok to be pro mask but not anti mask, at least on this forum. In real life, western colorado never enforced mandates minus resort towns, and they do not appear to be going back. The people certainly are not.

And its not exciting or sexy as a debate, but it seems ok to question the effacacy of masks. Why not? You are sick of the topic? You are certain one way or another?

I still pick masks up off ground everday so i defenitly believe in them. I shouldve counted starting last year. Ive picked up at least a hundred.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:28 pm
“My decision to pee-pee and poo-poo in the place of my choosing is a private health decision,”

https://www.theonion.com/toddler-cites- ... 1847466497

Thats funny i dont care who ya are

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:32 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Not really, no. Masks were a 2020 "solution," and not a particularly effective one. But better than nothing, and every bit counts.

Vaccines are a 2021 solution, and a very effective one. Everyone on my "side" (what a thing to have to say about a pandemic) agrees that vaccines are orders of magnitude better and more effective than masks. So no, I don't think people meaningfully lump them together. I think people make very tangible and reasoned distinctions between them.

Preciate the perspective

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself, you didn’t ask me but since we are in the extreme minority here this is just how it’s going to be, man. Nobody here understands mine or your view of the world. I don’t personally care and I don’t believe you do either but this being the internet, the fact that we are in such a small minority, and the fact that some people here aren’t just in disagreement but are openly hostile toward people with not just our views but anyone whose views don’t mirror their own means this is what you’re going to get.

There are those who do want to have a discussion. No doubt you have figured out who they are. There are also those who are mostly here to get off on the sight of what they think is their brilliance typed on a screen and those who use this as their stress relief and lash out at people with a opposing views in a way they never would in person. The true assholes here would piss down their leg if you saw them at a show and told them who you were. They are few in number but they exist. It can be easy to get sucked into their bullshit sometimes. It has happened to me. You’ve seen it. For years I didn’t engage in it and finally got sick of being nice in the face of being reduced to whatever their warped stereotype is of whatever they imagine I am. After a bit of indulging in having the proverbial chess match with a pigeon I shouldn’t have done it. The pieces are scattered everywhere, the board has pigeon shit all over it, and the pigeon is strutting around like he won. That’s the long way around the barn of saying it’s best to just not take the bait and let the other guy show what an asshole he is. Take that for whatever it’s worth. There are some good folks here. There are some assholes too. Better to not be one of them.🍺

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:40 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:32 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Preciate the perspective
🍺

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Okay. I thought "we end up going in circles" was a way to say let's not rehash what's already been argued ad nauseam. Me, personally? Not worried about getting Covid. Will be fine. Vaccines something like 88% effective against Delta variant. 88% isn't 100%. Don't want to be a vector for a dangerous virus. That's about all there is to it from the section my seats are in, to steal a phrase from Cooley.
Good enough. Thanks.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The problem with the obesity (etc) argument is that it does nothing in the short term

Right now, our house is on fire

Many of us: Call the fire department! Open the hydrants! Let’s put this out as quickly as possible!

boyyourself: Shouldn’t we be more concerned about long term fire prevention? If this house had used fire retardant insulation this all could have been prevented

And still the house burns

Understand?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:45 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Good enough. Thanks.
Sure thing. 🍺

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I pledge to donate $1 to Nucis Space for every mask i pick up and throw away or quilt, starting now and ending at homecoming. And if Homecoming doesnt happen then i will make it $1.50 per mask.

This way i can have some fun for a good cause. And hopefully lighten up this debate.

Sincerely,

boyyourself

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:50 pm
The problem with the obesity (etc) argument is that it does nothing in the short term

Many of us: Call the fire department! Open the hydrants! Let’s put this out as quickly as possible!

boyyourself: Shouldn’t we be more concerned about long term fire prevention? If this house had used fire retardant insulation this all could have been prevented

Understand?

Yup
So would if your mom was high risk, or your child, you would only advise them to vax? What if they drank and smoked and ate doughnuts all day? (Not that unusual)

You wouldnt say anything else to them? Anything that may immediately lower mortality risks?

Or just vax?

Thats the scenario i offer you.
I dont think they have to be mutually exclusive. Undersrsnd?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Zip City wrote:

Understand?

Yup
So would if your mom was high risk, or your child, you would only advise them to vax? What if they drank and smoked and ate doughnuts all day? (Not that unusual)

You wouldnt say anything else to them? Anything that may immediately lower mortality risks?

Or just vax?

Honestly your argument reminds me of the Black Lives Matter argument. We must focus on black.people right now. Got it. Wait? Literally nothing else? Yup.
Black people are the only thing on fire and we need the fireman only for them!!

Caveat,,,,,,,,,not trying to start shit about blm. I just dont vibr w your argument about only steering the fire dept towards what YOU think is the most important fire to supress.
Straight up no offense meant on any level. I hear all your seat belt and helmet arguments too, and respect where youre coming from.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:16 am
[
I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE EFFICACY OF MASKS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE ALLEGED RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE TO GET VACCINATED ON BEHALF OF OTHERS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT FAUCI, THE GOOD OR THE BAD. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT "ARROGANT, CONDESCENDING" EASTERNERS OR "DUMB" OTHERS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT STRESSES ON THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM (to the extent that arguably places responsibility on citizens to avoid contributing to those stresses). If people insist on talking about any of that stuff I will ask the mods to delete the offending posts. So what do I want to talk about?

Maybe my unvaccinated friends know all this. But maybe they don't. I figure it's worth a few minutes of my time to be sure.
My wife tells me that this is not as clear as I thought it was and was more provocative than I thought or intended. Once the oracle has spoken there's no way around it so I apologize for writing something that was far more provoking than I imagined and which obscured my purpose. My intent was the opposite. If I were to re write it, it would look something like this.

"I do not want to reinvent the coronavirus thread. I think that had pretty much run its course. I am trying to work around the various hot button issues from that thread to focus on one narrow point of information and question. In that coronavirus thread CY and I agreed that our fundamental disagreement was about how serious a health threat the coronavirus is. I have come across some new to me information that scares me and I want to be sure my unvaccinated friends have that data available to them while they continue to choose to remain unvaccinated."

As far as I have seen nobody has actually commented on the substance of what I (and zip in a different way) posted. I assume that means that the information is either not new or doesn't change anyone's mind. So be it. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not advocating any POV on this one and if some people choose to remain unvaccinated that remains their choice. I hope it works out for them.

BY, I can't understand why anyone would want to turn this (or any other) thread into another coronavirus thread. I thought that was more or less a unanimous view. I was obviously wrong. You are absolutely entitled to post about anything you'd like including the coronavirus, masks and all the rest.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:06 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Zip City wrote:

Understand?

Yup

Or just vax?

Honestly your argument reminds me of the Black Lives Matter argument. We must focus on black.people right now. Got it. Wait? Literally nothing else? Yup.
Black people are the only thing on fire and we need the fireman only for them!!

Caveat,,,,,,,,,not trying to start shit about blm. I just dont vibr w your argument about only steering the fire dept towards what YOU think is the most important fire to supress.
Straight up no offense meant on any level. I hear all your seat belt and helmet arguments too, and respect where youre coming from.
But your reply to vaccines has consistently been “why are we talking about vaccines and not obesity and fresh air?” You constantly steer away from immediate preventative measures. Why is that?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:16 am
[
I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE EFFICACY OF MASKS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE ALLEGED RESPONSIBILITY OF PEOPLE TO GET VACCINATED ON BEHALF OF OTHERS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT FAUCI, THE GOOD OR THE BAD. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT "ARROGANT, CONDESCENDING" EASTERNERS OR "DUMB" OTHERS. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT STRESSES ON THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM (to the extent that arguably places responsibility on citizens to avoid contributing to those stresses). If people insist on talking about any of that stuff I will ask the mods to delete the offending posts. So what do I want to talk about?

Maybe my unvaccinated friends know all this. But maybe they don't. I figure it's worth a few minutes of my time to be sure.
My wife tells me that this is not as clear as I thought it was and was more provocative than I thought or intended. Once the oracle has spoken there's no way around it so I apologize for writing something that was far more provoking than I imagined and which obscured my purpose. My intent was the opposite. If I were to re write it, it would look something like this.

"I do not want to reinvent the coronavirus thread. I think that had pretty much run its course. I am trying to work around the various hot button issues from that thread to focus on one narrow point of information and question. In that coronavirus thread CY and I agreed that our fundamental disagreement was about how serious a health threat the coronavirus is. I have come across some new to me information that scares me and I want to be sure my unvaccinated friends have that data available to them while they continue to choose to remain unvaccinated."

As far as I have seen nobody has actually commented on the substance of what I (and zip in a different way) posted. I assume that means that the information is either not new or doesn't change anyone's mind. So be it. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not advocating any POV on this one and if some people choose to remain unvaccinated that remains their choice. I hope it works out for them.

BY, I can't understand why anyone would want to turn this (or any other) thread into another coronavirus thread. I thought that was more or less a unanimous view. I was obviously wrong. You are absolutely entitled to post about anything you'd like including the coronavirus, masks and all the rest.
Good thoughts. And I’m with you all the way on not wanting this to be a coronavirus thread.