The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

boyyourself

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 pm
As to whether YT was right or wrong to yank Rand Paul’s video and suspend his account? I’m pretty ambivalent. He’s getting more attention now via the Streisand Effect than that video would’ve ever gotten. Do people really seek out YouTube videos from sitting US Senators? Sounds very boring.

I’m sure there’s more objectionable shit on YouTube that they haven’t removed.
Youre gonna judge my life as boring based on the fact i hate cencorship? I didnt watch the video. I shared to share my perspective about cencorship. Technicalities dont sway my opinion. And since youre interested in what i do in my spare time, you wouldnt be able to keep up. No offense. Few can. How bout this? Does this look boring to you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_dAxI9c8g

Thats your boy flying 55 ft into an airbag, at about 1:14. Out of a churchbell tower just west of downtown Denver. It was opening day at Coors field and i was literally looking down into fans in the stadium from top of the tower. It was not boring. So i know a thing or two about how to not be bored. And how looks can be deceiving. I was doubling for a big fat mexican pedophile priest. I dont resemble any of that but i support that lady trying to kill his ass.
And i often wonder what i would do with a terminal diagnosis probably get some pigs and simplify

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:56 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
As to whether YT was right or wrong to yank Rand Paul’s video and suspend his account? I’m pretty ambivalent. He’s getting more attention now via the Streisand Effect than that video would’ve ever gotten. Do people really seek out YouTube videos from sitting US Senators? Sounds very boring.

Youre gonna judge my life as boring based on the fact i hate cencorship? I didnt watch the video. I shared to share my perspective about cencorship. Technicalities dont sway my opinion. And since youre interested in what i do in my spare time, you wouldnt be able to keep up. No offense. Few can. How bout this? Does this look boring to you?

Thats your boy flying 55 ft into an airbag, at about 1:14. Out of a churchbell tower just west of downtown Denver. It was opening day at Coors field and i was literally looking down into fans in the stadium from top of the tower. It was not boring. So i know a thing or two about how to not be bored. And how looks can be deceiving. I was doubling for a big fat mexican pedophile priest. I dont resemble any of that but i support that lady trying to kill his ass.
And i often wonder what i would do with a terminal diagnosis probably get some pigs and simplify

Yet again, I wasn’t talking about you. As you were.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Well it was actually 70 feet to the ground. We had to build a platform for the airbag to accomodate for stairs in my fall path. All told the of the bag was 55 ft from the take off spot of that nestea plunge. 70 ft to the ground. The technicalities are germaine to the story lol.

So yes i also happen to know the ins and outs and whys and whats of hollywood. Its dirty. But i prefer filth...

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:00 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Just shooting the shit and telling stories and adding context my man. You called my habits boring. I had a fine time enjoying posting my extremely light hearted shameless self promotion of a response. I am for hire. My last job waa driving a prototype subaru on the deadliest highway in the country, to add spice i didnt need, the brakes didnt work properly because of the camera boom off the front of the car. I had a good time with this post.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:00 pm
boyyourself wrote:

Just shooting the shit and telling stories and adding context my man. You called my habits boring. I had a fine time enjoying posting my extremely light hearted shameless self promotion of a response. I am for hire. My last job waa driving a prototype subaru on the deadliest highway in the country, to add spice i didnt need, the brakes didnt work properly because of the camera boom off the front of the car. I had a good time with this post.
I didn't call your habits boring. I said that watching YouTube videos put out by politicians (of any party) sounds boring (to me, is the implication). You said you didn't watch the video in question. This literally couldn't be any less applicable to you, unless what you're telling me is that ordinarily you find Rand Paul's YouTube content extremely entertaining, which I would find surprising, but I'd support you.

I find opera boring, too. But if that's somebody's thing, I'm happy for them!

I'm actually closer to agreeing with you than disagreeing with you about the "censorship" here (if that's the right word to use to describe the activity of a private company). I'm not sure it does anyone a lot of good to disappear information from elected officials, but YouTube is well within their rights to enforce their TOS unless I'm really missing something. I'd be fine with Trump being allowed back on Twitter too, while we're at it.

Re: Subaru brakes, sounds to me like you need a union!
Last edited by Mundane Mayhem on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Youre gonna judge my life as boring based on the fact i hate cencorship?
Would you please stop doing this? Pretty please?

There is no way that MM's post can be fairly read as being about

1. Judging'
2. Your; or
3. Life

I have no idea why you insist on making things personal and creating conflict where there is none, but it's unfunny, unpleasant, unfair and a real conversation stopper.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The writer makes some interesting points, especially at the level of "we ought to be talking more about x or y." But it is incredibly ironic that the author's main point is based on the theory of "disparate impact," the same theory the Supreme Court expressly rejected a few weeks ago when it gutted the Voting Right Act. I don't know what the writer's views are on that case or voting rights generally, so s/he may not be being hypocritical, but the irony is heavy.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:50 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm pretty safe to assume you have less faith in government than I do, on this point, and there wasn't a value judgment intended in that statement. If you're arguing with a libertarian, they're probably going to have libertarian perspectives on most issues. If you're arguing with a communist, they'll probably have a class-based analysis to throw at you on most issues. It's more to point out that it's almost an unbridgeable divide on questions like this. It wasn't intended to put words in your mouth, so I'm sorry if that's how it came across.

Got it. And what am i? Got a name for me? So quick to dileneate. I think of myself as human. Its how i officially identify maybe thats why i see these divides as totally bridgeable. And they are divides if you make them. Not evrryting has to mesh or be perfectly explained. It aint all black and white otherwise whats the point. Tharts the point.
Jesus Christ, can we take it down a notch? I didn't put you into any category and I apologized if it seemed like I was putting words in your mouth. I have seen enough of your thinking to strongly suspect that you would be less amenable than I am to government playing an active role in promoting health and wellness. If that's wrong, then we can talk about it without it being DON'T PUT ME IN A BOX HOW DARE YOU. I'm a lefty on, oh, 98% of issues. You can use that to shorthand how I'm likely to respond if you want. I might surprise you 2% of the time!

Beantown, i would love nothing more than to heed your request. But this was me getting told to tone down yesterday. And i didnt see you modifying behaviour when i was being called names including transphobe. Why is that? Who is in charge of behavior mod around here? You gonna point me out i will too so what. At least call it all ways, or lets get the mods involved. Tinnutus got me participating in other threads. Its fun and ive enjoyed it.
So the answer for now is i am trying. But i will still police myself. Why dont you call out all the antics if youre gonna chime in Bubba. Ive been happy to be flex and try new things. And try to have sense of humor. I dont always caveat my posts w lipstick. Where would that go anyway lol. Ive respectfully taken feedback of all variety on here. I may not take it how you want me to bubba.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:18 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:50 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm

Got it. And what am i? Got a name for me? So quick to dileneate. I think of myself as human. Its how i officially identify maybe thats why i see these divides as totally bridgeable. And they are divides if you make them. Not evrryting has to mesh or be perfectly explained. It aint all black and white otherwise whats the point. Tharts the point.
Jesus Christ, can we take it down a notch? I didn't put you into any category and I apologized if it seemed like I was putting words in your mouth. I have seen enough of your thinking to strongly suspect that you would be less amenable than I am to government playing an active role in promoting health and wellness. If that's wrong, then we can talk about it without it being DON'T PUT ME IN A BOX HOW DARE YOU. I'm a lefty on, oh, 98% of issues. You can use that to shorthand how I'm likely to respond if you want. I might surprise you 2% of the time!

Beantown, i would love nothing more than to heed your request. But this was me getting told to tone down yesterday. And i didnt see you modifying behaviour when i was being called names including transphobe. Why is that? Who is in charge of behavior mod around here? You gonna point me out i will too so what. At least call it all ways, or lets get the mods involved. Tinnutus got me participating in other threads. Its fun and ive enjoyed it.
So the answer for now is i am trying. But i will still police myself. Why dont you call out all the antics if youre gonna chime in Bubba. Ive been happy to be flex and try new things. And try to have sense of humor. I dont always caveat my posts w lipstick. Where would that go anyway lol. Ive respectfully taken feedback of all variety on here. I may not take it how you want me to bubba.
I think this is another example of you reading into things that aren't there and taking things personally. I think I was exasperated here with the same frustrating conversational tendencies BTB identified above.

Sorry I said Jesus Christ.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
We generally try to self police around here. When the mods step in I personally consider it a failure.

My comment was addressed to your tendency to distort and misread what someone has said in order to make it personal to you apparently so you can then use it as a springboard to a conflict creating non-response. You're doing the same thing here. My post had nothing to do with people responding to what another poster has actually said, even when one or the other of them resorts to name calling or other aggressive responses. You've turned my post into another personal grievance that has nothing to do with what I wrote by stretching to change the subject. I'm not going to follow you there.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

https://www.propublica.org/article/secr ... ul-tax-cut

Give these guys all the Pulitzers. This series has been incredible. And also sadly underappreciated. Feels like every single one of these stories ought to be the biggest story in the country.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

As a gesture of goodwill and olive branch to boyyourself, I share the following with the pithy remark: “This simply can’t be good.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/11/10268166 ... -junk-food

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:51 pm
boyyourself wrote:
We generally try to self police around here. When the mods step in I personally consider it a failure.

My comment was addressed to your tendency to distort and misread what someone has said in order to make it personal to you apparently so you can then use it as a springboard to a conflict creating non-response. You're doing the same thing here. My post had nothing to do with people responding to what another poster has actually said, even when one or the other of them resorts to name calling or other aggressive responses. You've turned my post into another personal grievance that has nothing to do with what I wrote by stretching to change the subject. I'm not going to follow you there.
Agree

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:55 am
As a gesture of goodwill and olive branch to boyyourself, I share the following with the pithy remark: “This simply can’t be good.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/11/10268166 ... -junk-food

Ah yes. Its the corn syrup pandemic. And for researching this shit for a quarter century becuase of gout, it turns out theres a fine line between gout and heart disease and or obesity. And for me, adding stress and booze, not good. The cosequences of my actions have been felt with pain i wouldnt wish on anyone.
Poor diet plus stress. Stressed enough to be in fight or flight, perpetually. That seems to be the formula for a compromised immune system. I quit drinking a couple years ago. Too late.
Covid nearly took me down because i let so many things bother me. Hell, i aired them out right here on this board, and thanks for the forum. It wasnt working for me. So i am trying to get my own since of humor back and not be so bothered, i worry about my kid. Thats it. But look at that, shes flourishing and i cant keep worrying about what i cant control, its the slow killler.
Wasnt trying to make this about me, but it all seems related moving forward. Ive had moments of being so unhealthy that i couldnt piss on my neighbor if he was on fire because i was too limp to walk over there, so what good am i to community at that point? Thats a lot of where my perpective comes from about being responsible for my health. My irresponsibilty is burdensome to my community. Its been burdensome to medical professionals locally, ill say that straight up. I couldnt refrain from gluttony til i find myself in the emergency room needing to get a joint drained. Thats bull rider stupid. And i am less than worthless at that point, i am a burden simply because i couldnt get my shit together. Its chosen ignorance. Thats what seems to be contagous and i have it.

But gluttony is easy to achieve these days. A million empty calories is cheap. Dont need to be a king to feast anymore. Dead. Fat. Gout. Rich.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:19 pm
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -treatment

Grifter's gonna grift

By questioning pauls character here, you are driving home my perspective with a sledge hammer. I never even said anything about him. Just that cencorship is bs.
I posted a Rogan video for same reason, as if i was touting Rogan. How convenient for you to choose to distract from the fact that cencorship is bs. Nice tactic.

And funny how you defend other grifters. Youre trying to be a referee but you are a cheerleader. There is a reason you cant be both. Conflict of interest. So its actually the referees integrity that eventually gets called into question. We all see who you keep blowing the whistle on, and why. And who you protect, and why.

So you call a poitician out for being dirty? Thats your gotcha moment? Youve gotten me plenty of times, that wasnt one of them.
You also equated lipstick on a pig with transphobia. So what exactly is your goal each time you call someones character into question each time i try to offer context to a perspective? We are policing ourselves on here no?
Thats true til the powers that be drop the hammer without a word. I aint posting AT you zip. I am responding to you and also holding you to your words and actions. As i would expect any community member to do with me and it hsppens here all the time. These are not fighting words and i have no desire to fight. But if you respond to me and i want to respond, great. Its nothing personal. Its a go between. I sincerely apologize attatching college to you in a negative way. That was me literally trying to be negative. Not about it.
I still dont understsnd why cencorship doesnt piss off everyone.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:29 pm
Zip City wrote:

Grifter's gonna grift

By questioning pauls character here, you are driving home my perspective with a sledge hammer. I never even said anything about him. Just that cencorship is bs.
I posted a Rogan video for same reason, as if i was touting Rogan. How convenient for you to choose to distract from the fact that cencorship is bs. Nice tactic.

And funny how you defend other grifters. Youre trying to be a referee but you are a cheerleader. There is a reason you cant be both. Conflict of interest. So its actually the referees integrity that eventually gets called into question. We all see who you keep blowing the whistle on, and why. And who you protect, and why.

So you call a poitician out for being dirty? Thats your gotcha moment? Youve gotten me plenty of times, that wasnt one of them.
You also equated lipstick on a pig with transphobia. So what exactly is your goal each time you call someones character into question each time i try to offer context to a perspective? We are policing ourselves on here no?
Thats true til the powers that be drop the hammer without a word. I aint posting AT you zip. I am responding to you and also holding you to your words and actions. As i would expect any community member to do with me and it hsppens here all the time. These are not fighting words and i have no desire to fight. But if you respond to me and i want to respond, great. Its nothing personal. Its a go between. I sincerely apologize attatching college to you in a negative way. That was me literally trying to be negative. Not about it.
With all due respect, and in the most non-confrontational way imaginable, you’re doing that thing bubba talked about again.

I don’t imagine anyone here believes you to be, or to be responsible for, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky. If you’re Rand Paul you should definitely tell us that.

For any issues you and Zip may have had in the past, his post about a public figure was neither about you nor directly in response to you, by my reading. Why make this personal when it didn’t have to be?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:

Grifter's gonna grift

I’m with you on censorship. I would think everybody would be bothered by it. It now we’ve gotten in the business of deciding it’s ok to silence people if we think what they say isnt appropriate. History shows that’s a dangerous game. Doubtless somebody will will point out the government isn’t doing it and that’s true. I’m speaking to the idea that people are so much more comfortable with people being silenced. Again, we usually get the nonstarter argument, “There are limits on your free speech rights. YoU CaNT YeLl FiRe In a CrOwDeD ThEaTrE.” This is a semantic game. It’s true but it’s a tiny piece of the truth. No you can’t do that. But that is a free speech limitation that applies very narrowly and specifically and not across the board any time you do t like what someone says.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hous ... id-policy/

This is so rich on so many levels. And this kind of thing has only just begun no? I was surprised to hear he had sold 1700 tickets? That seems weird. And off for some reason. This whole story is a he said she said.
Not surprised to hear Jason making demands. Id like to see an up and coming artist lay down all kinds of stipulations just to be able to attend your show. Good luck.
Also, Jason has been publicly virtue signaling since he left. DBT. He thinks his shit dont stink too. Its off putting. So now this? No surprise.

Does it effect me? No. I went to a show the other day in town. No masks. No passports. Got a hug from the bass player who i play basketball with and is a huge dbt fan. He opened his arms to me. He knows damn good and well how filthy i am. The point is that not all musicians think and act like jason. So thank goodness for diversity of thought amongst a particular culturd.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

This is so rich on so many levels. And this kind of thing has only just begun no? I was surprised to hear he had sold 1700 tickets? That seems weird. And off for some reason. This whole story is a he said she said.
Not surprised to hear Jason making demands. Id like to see an up and coming artist lay down all kinds of stipulations just to be able to attend your show. Good luck.
Also, Jason has been publicly virtue signaling since he left. DBT. He thinks his shit dont stink too. Its off putting. So now this? No surprise.

Does it effect me? No. I went to a show the other day in town. No masks. No passports. Got a hug from the bass player who i play basketball with and is a huge dbt fan. He opened his arms to me. He knows damn good and well how filthy i am. The point is that not all musicians think and act like jason. So thank goodness for diversity of thought amongst a particular culturd.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:37 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Zip City wrote:

Grifter's gonna grift

Well hey. You cant please anyone ever. Thanks.

With all due respect, and in the most non-confrontational way imaginable, you’re doing that thing bubba talked about again.

I don’t imagine anyone here believes you to be, or to be responsible for, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky. If you’re Rand Paul you should definitely tell us that.

For any issues you and Zip may have had in the past, his post about a public figure was neither about you nor directly in response to you, by my reading. Why make this personal when it didn’t have to be?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Unfortunately, the censorship game has been happening long before social media/YouTube. Bill O'Reilley and Glen Beck famously had producers cut off the mics of guests that said stuff they didn't like. Talk radio has dumped callers for decades.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:49 pm
Unfortunately, the censorship game has been happening long before social media/YouTube. Bill O'Reilley and Glen Beck famously had producers cut off the mics of guests that said stuff they didn't like. Talk radio has dumped callers for decades.
And it shouldn’t have happened then either but I’ve never been a listener of talk radio etc so I dont know what happens there. Using Chris Cuomo as an example of partisan cheerleading on a news channel was met with, “He’s not a journalist.” so I guess I have to throw the same flag at the invocation of Glenn Beck and Bill O’Reilly.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Jason started exhibiting evidence of reading his own press clippings to borrow a commonly used sports metaphor a long time ago. His music is far less interesting than it once was to me so it’s definitely not worth the political posturing.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:01 pm
Zip City wrote:
And it shouldn’t have happened then either but I’ve never been a listener of talk radio etc so I dont know what happens there. Using Chris Cuomo as an example of partisan cheerleading on a news channel was met with, “He’s not a journalist.” so I guess I have to throw the same flag at the invocation of Glenn Beck and Bill O’Reilly.
Sure, but I've never seen Cuomo cut a guest off or dump to commercial because a guest is saying something he doesn't like

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

May I ask what the immediate spark or motivation for the recent comments on censorship is? I can't find a reference in the recent comments to censorship of any sort (except in the posts responding to the initial censorship event which I can't find). Thanks.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:15 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:01 pm
Zip City wrote:
Sure, but I've never seen Cuomo cut a guest off or dump to commercial because a guest is saying something he doesn't like
Then he’s not as big of a turd as them in that way but it does t change much of anything as far as how it has become much more acceptable to censor anyone who says things deemed inappropriate.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:05 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Jason started exhibiting evidence of reading his own press clippings to borrow a commonly used sports metaphor a long time ago. His music is far less interesting than it once was to me so it’s definitely not worth the political posturing.
LOL thats a good way to put it. And really his arrogance and hypocrital social media presence had nothing to do with me walking out on the last show of his i attended. I was just bored. And had nothing better to do than kick rocks for a few thousand yards on the trail back to my house. So i chose that. So i know thats my situation and i chose to be there, here. And i damn sure wouldnt do something i didnt want to do just to go to an isbell show. More power to those that will.
Fixin to go hike with dog. Splash in the river. Will not be thinking about how i am missing out on something, in fact those choices revolve around being able TO participate in the things that matter to me. Thats not a signal, just a realization in which i am thankful.

So my reaction to these vax passports etc, or whatever mandates anyone tries to impose just to allow attendence?
I give it an eyeroll. And thats about all the emoition i care to conjure up about it. I am ok.with it. I was barely disappointed in DBT salt lake cancelling. No time. Other shit to do and kid is full of life, charging onto the next thing. She was more disappointed for me than i actually was. It was cute. And thankfully, ive been there done that, went to over a hundred DBT shows while i was still alive. Dormant now.

I do have plans for dbt austin november. We shall see. I bet i dont attend for one reason or another. Its an outdoor venue, but still....

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:00 pm
May I ask what the immediate spark or motivation for the recent comments on censorship is? I can't find a reference in the recent comments to censorship of any sort (except in the posts responding to the initial censorship event which I can't find). Thanks.
For me it was a continuation of boyyourself’s point but the first example that comes to my mind is social media companies doing it on what appears to be the basis of politics. Again I realize they have the right to do it. It just bothers me that it does t bother more people that it’s happening.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:02 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:00 pm
For me it was a continuation of boyyourself’s point but the first example that comes to my mind is social media companies doing it on what appears to be the basis of politics. Again I realize they have the right to do it. It just bothers me that it does t bother more people that it’s happening.
Thanks. I'm still not sure what the initial "moving event" was but I'll stick in my 2 cents and say "censorship, bad." Unfortunately, our current legal framework does not fit our current reality, nor do I know what the answers are for our current reality. That's why I was hoping for a specific event to focus on because it's tough to respond in the abstract.

More generally, it's pretty clear to me that society is not quick enough to adapt to the current pace of technological change and our technology, especially AI and privacy invasions, is poised to eat us whole.