The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Cole Younger »

LBRod wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:25 am
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 am
LBRod wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 pm

All that anti semitism, he belongs in the squad.
If you think this is at all comparable to criticisms of Israel as a state actor, I don’t know what to tell you. If you can show me anti-semitism of this flavor from any member of “The Squad,” I would love to see it.
To quote Fred Eaglesmith "when did the left lose it's sense of humor?"

And when did they become so puritanical and such conformists? One of the things in the democrats’ favor used to be the fact that they didn’t engage in the moralizing the republicans were so bad about so often. Now they have not only caught the republicans but passed them. You used to be able to count on left leaning people to be rebellious when there was some sort of top down movement from the government. Now as long as it is the democrats doing it they fall in line and scream at you if you don’t join them. That’s new. The party of questioning everything has become the party of conformity and “shut up and do what you’re told.” They also went from being the party of the working class to the party of the HR department and the two things seem to have happened around the same time.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

LBRod wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
LBRod wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 pm

All that anti semitism, he belongs in the squad.
If you think this is at all comparable to criticisms of Israel as a state actor, I don’t know what to tell you. If you can show me anti-semitism of this flavor from any member of “The Squad,” I would love to see it.

They lost their sense of humor when they started liking jonny cash. Go figure

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:32 am
And when did they become so puritanical and such conformists? One of the things in the democrats’ favor used to be the fact that they didn’t engage in the moralizing the republicans were so bad about so often. Now they have not only caught the republicans but passed them. You used to be able to count on left leaning people to be rebellious when there was some sort of top down movement from the government. Now as long as it is the democrats doing it they fall in line and scream at you if you don’t join them. That’s new. The party of questioning everything has become the party of conformity and “shut up and do what you’re told.” They also went from being the party of the working class to the party of the HR department and the two things seem to have happened around the same time.
I can't jump completely on board with these sentiments but they are way more true than I wish they were. Except maybe about the left's sense of humor: In my experience growing up, the truest lefties, the actual card carrying communists, never had much of a sense of humor. Or, one might say, there was nothing funny about Stalin. It was more the 60's and 70's left that brought humor into the equation in a serious way if that's not a non sequitur. But a lot of that is surely gone, for reasons good, bad and inevitable.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Cole Younger wrote:
LBRod wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

If that was a joke, it wasn't a very funny one, but if the Eaglesmith thing is just a way to defuse and pivot away from a largely irrelevant (to BTB's point) conversation, I'm on board.

Although, in case anyone actually finds this interesting, I was inspired to do some reading, and thought this was a decent attempt at a relatively even-handed discussion of the topic at hand (at least from a pretty mainstream liberal-ish perspective). I don't agree with every point he makes, but that's usually a good thing if you're trying to avoid living in an echo chamber. My biggest nit to pick is that insofar as some of the most strident Israel hawks in Congress aren't Jews, but rather evangelical Christian Republicans, it's not entirely fair to characterize the "dual loyalty" thing as something she was leveling at Jews specifically. But the author is not wrong about that language running parallel to some ugly rhetoric that one really ought to steer clear of, especially as a member of Congress. Generally speaking, if David Duke is defending you, pull up.

On a side note, I think I'm actually a pretty funny guy (and not all that "PC") and have no real love whatsoever for the Democratic Party, who were craven and cowardly in throwing Ilhan Omar under the bus in this particular instance. If we ever get to see a Rock Show again, maybe you'll get a chance to hear me crack some jokes. I'm a pretty easy-going guy.

And say what you will about The Squad, if that's still what we're talking about, but I don't think you can really call them "conformists" when they are pretty constantly operating as a thorn in the side of their own party. Israel is one of the issues on which there's something resembling a bipartisan consensus. Agree with them or not, but they're not falling in line on that issue.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Twenty years ago the democrats seemed to be more in line with the idea of do what makes you happy and what works for you as long you aren’t directly hurting anybody. It’s none of my business. I’ll do the same and will thank you to stay out of my business as well. Hell those are conservative ideas now. The democrats went from that to, do what I think is best for you and everybody else because everything is everybody’s business. Even what you do with your money because your money isn’t really your money even though you worked for it. It is a communal property and belongs to us all. These are reasons I’ll never vote Democrat.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
LBRod wrote:

If that was a joke, it wasn't a very funny one, but if the Eaglesmith thing is just a way to defuse and pivot away from a largely irrelevant (to BTB's point) conversation, I'm on board.

Although, in case anyone actually finds this interesting, I was inspired to do some reading, and thought this was a decent attempt at a relatively even-handed discussion of the topic at hand (at least from a pretty mainstream liberal-ish perspective). I don't agree with every point he makes, but that's usually a good thing if you're trying to avoid living in an echo chamber. My biggest nit to pick is that insofar as some of the most strident Israel hawks in Congress aren't Jews, but rather evangelical Christian Republicans, it's not entirely fair to characterize the "dual loyalty" thing as something she was leveling at Jews specifically. But the author is not wrong about that language running parallel to some ugly rhetoric that one really ought to steer clear of, especially as a member of Congress. Generally speaking, if David Duke is defending you, pull up.

On a side note, I think I'm actually a pretty funny guy (and not all that "PC") and have no real love whatsoever for the Democratic Party, who were craven and cowardly in throwing Ilhan Omar under the bus in this particular instance. If we ever get to see a Rock Show again, maybe you'll get a chance to hear me crack some jokes. I'm a pretty easy-going guy.

And say what you will about The Squad, if that's still what we're talking about, but I don't think you can really call them "conformists" when they are pretty constantly operating as a thorn in the side of their own party. Israel is one of the issues on which there's something resembling a bipartisan consensus. Agree with them or not, but they're not falling in line on that issue.
I’ll give it a read. As far as not agreeing on every point if you run across somebody who agrees with everything you say you’re talking to a politician or a salesman. I don’t care for either. This was less about The Squad and more about Democrat voters and the party in general.

I’m not a funny guy but lots of people here think I’m funny because they think I talk funny.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:
LBRod wrote:

I thought it was a damn funny joke. And didnt you also just say you havent experienced glee since you were a kid?
Seems like you are proud of your lack of sense of humor.
Which is meant to be a healthy distraction for some.
Seems like the, cant we all just get along, make your own reality, unity crowd also want you to know that everything sucks.
And youre the ones that asking where others are getting ThEIR info. Seemingly so you can play gotcha.
Well, where do you keep getting "info" that has taken away your sense of humor and why you so proud of it?
If you aint mad you aint smart?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

I thought it was a damn funny joke. And didnt you also just say you havent experienced glee since you were a kid?
Seems like the, cant we all just get along, make your own reality, unity crowd also want you to know that everything sucks.
And youre the ones that asking where others are getting ThEIR info. Seemingly so you can play gotcha.
Well, where do you keep getting "info" that has taken away your sense of humor and why you so proud of it?
Humor is subjective! "Glee" and a sense of humor also aren't the same thing, but you know that. It was also a rhetorical device to bring the temperature down and let CY know that I wasn't "gleefully" playing gotcha with him. I laugh plenty. Thanks for your concern!

I'm pretty open about my sources and their biases, as well as my own. We should all be. If that makes me a humorless scold in your view, well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe I just need to get more Vitamin D. It's a hormone, you know.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:28 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Humor is subjective! "Glee" and a sense of humor also aren't the same thing, but you know that. It was also a rhetorical device to bring the temperature down and let CY know that I wasn't "gleefully" playing gotcha with him. I laugh plenty. Thanks for your concern!

I'm pretty open about my sources and their biases, as well as my own. We should all be. If that makes me a humorless scold in your view, well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe I just need to get more Vitamin D. It's a hormone, you know.

Sunshine directly to the scrotum helps with other hormones as well. Try it. And free testostetone is specifically purpoused to reward you for rigourous activity. So get outside and get naked and agressive. For wellness sake.
I could be charging good money for this crap but i am offering it free to the heathens

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Sunshine directly to the scrotum helps with other hormones as well. Try it. And free testostetone is specifically purpoused to reward you for rigourous activity. So get outside and get naked and agressive. For wellness sake.
I could be charging good money for this crap but i am offering it free to the heathens
I don't want to find myself on any more government lists than I have to. I think Denver PD might have some objection to this plan, in my current living situation. Maybe when I get the country house.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:25 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

I don't want to find myself on any more government lists than I have to. I think Denver PD might have some objection to this plan, in my current living situation. Maybe when I get the country house.

Come out to Olathe. My neighbors are accustomed. My naked ass and my pigs are surprisingly asthetcally and aeromaticlly pleasing.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:37 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
boyyourself wrote:

Come out to Olathe. My neighbors are accustomed. My naked ass and my pigs are surprisingly asthetcally and aeromaticlly pleasing.

"If a man cant piss in his own front yard he's living too close to town" ed abbey

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:39 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

"If a man cant piss in his own front yard he's living too close to town" ed abbey

https://www.youtube.com/

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

boyyourself wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Sorry i cant copy and paste for shit. Csn drive square peg through round whole if you need me

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
boyyourself wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

I like it.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:

Sorry if my attempt at humor did not land with you. I have read that the key to humor is unexpected exaggeration.

I think it is clear that the squad are not your run of the mill anti semites, hence the exaggeration.
Representative Tlaib has swerved into that territory, and apologized for doing so.
Given her Palestinian background some of that is understandable in her case.

The idiot you highlighted starting this sidebar seems clearly an anti semite, but that alone does not a Nazi make.
He may well be, but your examples don't prove that claim to me, though I have no desire to see anymore examples of his stupidity.

Carry on.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

LBRod wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Mundane Mayhem wrote:

The idiot you highlighted starting this sidebar seems clearly an anti semite, but that alone does not a Nazi make.
He may well be, but your examples don't prove that claim to me, though I have no desire to see anymore examples of his stupidity.

Carry on.
I think we are agreed on that point. He seems to at least think the Nazis had some interesting ideas. He's not welcome at the cookout.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Re: DeSantis, I suspect he’s already increased his chances in a 2024 or 2028 presidential primary. So from that standpoint, it’s Mission Accomplished. Maybe he’s less cynical than I’m making him out to be, but I have my doubts.

Of the two of us, it’s fair to say at least one is pretty cynical.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cuomo Increasingly Desperate To Shift Focus Back Onto Nursing Home Deaths
“Of course, I appreciate the concern about these women’s allegations, but let’s not forget that I made a concerted effort to cover up the deaths of 9,250 seniors who died because of my negligence—that’s really what we should be talking about, right?” said a visibly panicked Cuomo, who proceeded to deflect several reporter’s questions by cuing up a slideshow featuring pictures of the doctored documents and his rescinded statewide order demanding nursing homes accept elderly patients carrying the coronavirus or else face legal consequences.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Just had to get this off my chest:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

There much, much better! :lol:

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Wondring if there is a reason the covid thread is locked?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 pm
If I had to guess, it’s because God is merciful.

This coming from a godless leftist.

This is mostly a joke. I’m not looking for a fight.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Direct from the powers that be: "People were attacking each other and that serves no one."
But this works too: "it’s because God is merciful."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Long, but good, read.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:23 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Direct from the powers that be: "People were attacking each other and that serves no one."
But this works too: "it’s because God is merciful."

People were attacking each other? This works? What works? The same people that keep calling names and making personal attacks, kept doiing it

I waa literally going on the covid thread to ask the mods to get involved. Which i guess they. Zip City gets to come on here and call me a transphobe and thats ok? Oh no sorry he said i loved transphobia. Words? I shouldnt have to defend myself from.that type of bullying on here. Does that not cross a line?
Could the mods perhaps modify and communicate instead just csmcellimg the thread?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Its no surprise. Since the inception of tjat thread, if you werent in lockstep with mask vax, avoid others, peoples panties would get bunched, so they would attack. Those same people kept attacking. So they get a pass to do that right? And when confronted we just shut it down? Youre eliminating dissenting opinions is what youre doing. Instead of actually monitoring and modifying the thread.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:28 pm
boyyourself wrote:
If I had to guess, it’s because God is merciful.

This coming from a godless leftist.

This is mostly a joke. I’m not looking for a fight.

The powers that be knowing whats best for everyone. Its trendy.