The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tinnitus photography

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by tinnitus photography »

Cole Younger wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm
Well the Chauvin verdict is in. Guilty on all counts. I bet there are still riots.
Let me guess. Because you think those animals can’t control themselves?

Put me down for $150. If I lose, go see Wolf.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Well the Chauvin verdict is in. Guilty on all counts. I bet there are still riots.

Oh you want to turn this into “Cole’s a racist.”

The same woke assholes that rioted all summer haven’t changed their ways in the mean time. So if you lose you’re not going to pay. Kick rocks.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Doesn’t sound like much in the way of riots last night.

It’s almost like most people were actually mad about miscarriage of justice.

It was also in the 20’s last night in Minneapolis.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I mean, people in Portland might riot, but those people are actually what Cole’s talking about. Basically left wing versions of the insurrection tools.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 am
Cole Younger wrote:

The same woke assholes that rioted all summer haven’t changed their ways in the mean time. So if you lose you’re not going to pay. Kick rocks.
please explain why you were so sure that riots were gonna occur.

and by all means, keep licking those boots.

you good w/ the $150 or are you gonna skip bail like Wolf?

tinnitus photography

and as for the summer riots... well, consider that this was how Floyd's death was initially reported.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:24 am

please explain why you were so sure that riots were gonna occur.

and by all means, keep licking those boots.

you good w/ the $150 or are you gonna skip bail like Wolf?
What are you talking about tinnitus? What boots? I am bound to hear this.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Iowan wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:06 am
I mean, people in Portland might riot, but those people are actually what Cole’s talking about. Basically left wing versions of the insurrection tools.
This. Exactly. People who are obsessed with race always jump to that first.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 am
and as for the summer riots... well, consider that this was how Floyd's death was initially reported.

So that justifies destroying things that belong to people who had nothing to do with it in your mind? Alrighty. If you’re mad just tear people’s shit up. So if I get pissed off and come to your house and knock the windows out, I’m good, right?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I, for one, have never been pro-riots.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:35 am
I know it. I doubt tinnitus is either. He’s just hot under the collar at the moment and opened his mouth so wide that he fell in.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I think most people were pro-protest, anti-riot. The media liked to paint those as the same thing (particularly right-wing media) in order to take the wind out of the protests.

I also think there were people who said "I understand the anger behind the rioting", which is NOT the same thing as "I support the rioting"

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:48 am
I think most people were pro-protest, anti-riot. The media liked to paint those as the same thing (particularly right-wing media) in order to take the wind out of the protests.

I also think there were people who said "I understand the anger behind the rioting", which is NOT the same thing as "I support the rioting"
This. I think rioting is wrong and people who engage in it should be prosecuted and held accountable.

I think the feeling of anger is valid.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:37 am
Zip City wrote:
I know it. I doubt tinnitus is either. He’s just hot under the collar at the moment and opened his mouth so wide that he fell in.
like Chris Rock on OJ, i don't agree with it but i can understand it.

but please, tell me more about why you were dead certain riots were gonna happen. you want my venmo details while i'm at it?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Cole Younger wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/blm-p ... index.html

But at least they aren't kneeling during the anthem, right Cole? I'm sure that ruffled your feathers too.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:21 am
Cole Younger wrote:

But at least they aren't kneeling during the anthem, right Cole? I'm sure that ruffled your feathers too.

Tinnitus and Pearl competing in the “gotcha”Olympics. Score tied at zero and the crowd is asleep.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

pearlbeer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Ninety three percent. That is mighty specific to the point that it sounds made up. And CNN would be like me posting NewsMax to back something up.

Where I stood on the kneeling was, just because you can does t mean you should.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:56 am
pearlbeer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Tinnitus and Pearl competing in the “gotcha”Olympics. Score tied at zero and the crowd is asleep.
😆😆😆

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:

but please, tell me more about why you were dead certain riots were gonna happen. you want my venmo details while i'm at it?
Whoa cowboy. You act like I accepted your terms and like you already won. Neither of those two things are true but more on that in a bit.

I already said that I’m sure there will be rioting because the same woke assholes that spent the summer doing it haven’t changed. You went off half cocked and decided I was talking about black people. I don’t care about the whys where that’s concerned but I’ve got a pretty good idea that I know.

You want to bet with me? Alright. But it’s not going to all be your way. I think there will be riots by Memorial Day and this conviction won’t mean a thing because the people doing the rioting because they are motivated by something besides injustice.

So if there are no riots by then I’ll pay you a hundred and fifty dollars. No problem and it will be on time and you won’t have hassle me about it. I’m a man of my word and I actually want to be wrong.

But if I’m right, I’m not going to “go see Wolf” about it. That stuff between y’all has nothing to do with me. I don’t want a hundred and fifty dollars from you either. I’m good. I want a video posted in this thread of you wearing a MAGA hat in public. Not in your car. Not out in street in front of your house. Don’t try and be cute. In public. Ina restaurant or a store or something but it has to be a public place with other people around. And you have to see about getting the hat yourself. I’m not doing it for you. That’s the bet. No renegotiating. Take it or leave it. How confident are you big boy? You want some of that action?😆

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:

Ninety three percent. That is mighty specific to the point that it sounds made up. And CNN would be like me posting NewsMax to back something up.
Yeah, good point. CNN and Newsmax are very similar in their journalistic integrity and historic credibility.

CNN merely reported this, they weren't the research organization. Although it was contained within the first sentence of the referenced article, I linked the actual research study for your review.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demons ... mmer-2020/

"Specific to that point that it sounds made up." That gave me a good laugh. Remind me to never discuss things like "math" or "science" those pesky numbers would get in the way of a good story!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

We’re talking about the same company that employs Chris Cuomo and that Stetzer or Setzer or whatever his name is. Journalistic integrity might have been a bad thing to mention.

The problem here is you are assuming so much. First the assumption was that I was talking about black people. Next it was assumed that I think everyone who protested was a rioter. Never said that. But I’m not going to act like it’s no big deal that riots did happen and will happen again and no amount of saying “mostly peaceful protests” gets around that. In short, you and I aren’t talking about the same people. You want to have an argument that I’m not even making because you assume you know what I think and what kind of person I am. It’s the internet so it’s not like I care very much. I’m just trying to get you stop barking up so many wrong trees.

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:25 pm
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am
Cole Younger wrote:

Whoa cowboy. You act like I accepted your terms and like you already won. Neither of those two things are true but more on that in a bit.

I already said that I’m sure there will be rioting because the same woke assholes that spent the summer doing it haven’t changed. You went off half cocked and decided I was talking about black people. I don’t care about the whys where that’s concerned but I’ve got a pretty good idea that I know.

You want to bet with me? Alright. But it’s not going to all be your way. I think there will be riots by Memorial Day and this conviction won’t mean a thing because the people doing the rioting because they are motivated by something besides injustice.

So if there are no riots by then I’ll pay you a hundred and fifty dollars. No problem and it will be on time and you won’t have hassle me about it. I’m a man of my word and I actually want to be wrong.

But if I’m right, I’m not going to “go see Wolf” about it. That stuff between y’all has nothing to do with me. I don’t want a hundred and fifty dollars from you either. I’m good. I want a video posted in this thread of you wearing a MAGA hat in public. Not in your car. Not out in street in front of your house. Don’t try and be cute. In public. Ina restaurant or a store or something but it has to be a public place with other people around. And you have to see about getting the hat yourself. I’m not doing it for you. That’s the bet. No renegotiating. Take it or leave it. How confident are you big boy? You want some of that action?😆
key difference in this case, wrt to the response.

a cop was convicted of murder.

tell me when that's happened on a scale like this. injustice is at the very core of the BLM movement, but i can see that there is no convincing you of that.

and while you are at, try to imagine how the case would have gone had Darnella Frazier not recorded what was happening, for the world to see? I'm thinking that Chauvin wouldn't be in the same position that he is now.

your bet is kinda silly because who is going to define what a 'riot' consists of? is there a threshold for monetary damage, number of people involved, etc?

tinnitus photography

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:08 pm
We’re talking about the same company that employs Chris Cuomo and that Stetzer or Setzer or whatever his name is. Journalistic integrity might have been a bad thing to mention.
serious question... do you consider Chris Cuomo a journalist?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Cole Younger wrote:

The problem here is you are assuming so much. First the assumption was that I was talking about black people. Next it was assumed that I think everyone who protested was a rioter. Never said that. But I’m not going to act like it’s no big deal that riots did happen and will happen again and no amount of saying “mostly peaceful protests” gets around that. In short, you and I aren’t talking about the same people. You want to have an argument that I’m not even making because you assume you know what I think and what kind of person I am. It’s the internet so it’s not like I care very much. I’m just trying to get you stop barking up so many wrong trees.

Brian Stelter = CNN Brian Setzer = Stray Cats :D :lol: :D

You are confusing journalism and opinion. They aren't the same.

Actually, I am assuming very little and this line of debate seems to be trending toward 'arguing if facts are facts', which is a conversation I'm not interested in. I'll just assume you'll continue to parse facts and thoughts until they fit your narrative and you can assume I'm no longer going to participate. And...in all honestly...I do assume you would make good on any bets you placed - that I'm sure of. ;)

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Brian Stelter = CNN Brian Setzer = Stray Cats :D :lol: :D

You are confusing journalism and opinion. They aren't the same.

Actually, I am assuming very little and this line of debate seems to be trending toward 'arguing if facts are facts', which is a conversation I'm not interested in. I'll just assume you'll continue to parse facts and thoughts until they fit your narrative and you can assume I'm no longer going to participate. And...in all honestly...I do assume you would make good on any bets you placed - that I'm sure of. ;)
We’re good, pearlbeer. We are never going to agree on politics but that’s not a big deal. I’m sure we could have a ball at the same fishin hole. I care a lot more about that.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:52 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
I don’t consider much of anybody on TV reading the news a journalist. Serious answer.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus you might not believe this but all we disagree on here is you think riots can be overlooked if something awful
happens to spark them. When people who had nothing to do with it are having their property and businesses destroyed I’m never going to go along with that.

Well that and you assume I’m a racist.

We agree on the rest of it.

You’re out on the bet then. Ten four.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
I don’t consider much of anybody on TV reading the news a journalist. Serious answer.
The good news is that Cuomo, Lemon, Tapper, etc. are clearly opinion talking heads. If Lemon claims to be a journalist, that’s funny, as his show is editorial as all get out

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:50 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm

The good news is that Cuomo, Lemon, Tapper, etc. are clearly opinion talking heads. If Lemon claims to be a journalist, that’s funny, as his show is editorial as all get out
Right. I knew there was a difference between opinion shows and hard news shows for lack of a better term. But it’s not like anybody here differentiates between Hannity and the regular news shows on Fox either. For the record I think they all have an agenda. But I also think cable news and just the traditional media as a whole is breathing its dying breath. And to people in their thirties and younger it is dead and buried or totally irrelevant.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Also, I feel like Jake Tapper, while an opinion guy, is more fair than most of them most of the time. He does t come off as being down for a cause most of the time.