The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am

Yeah I’ve been over this Trump derangement stuff for a long time. I’ll be glad if now I don’t have to hear people scream about him constantly but if past is prologue we have a good year of it still. Some people just can not be happy.
Or, you know, people could have legit gripes with the guy.
Oh Lord. Zip you don’t have to try so hard. I didnt say nobody had a legitimate gripe. What I am saying is, after having to see people scream and holler and jump up and down for four years I would be looking forward to that going away now that he’s out. But I feel pretty sure that isn’t going to happen for quite a while. You got what you wanted. Why is that not enough? What would be enough? Do the democrats have to win every election everywhere in this country for things to be ok? I just don’t get letting somebody else or a group of people have so much control over how you feel. If you don’t feel this way then I’m not talking about you. I mean you in a general way rather than you personally.
This is an awful lot of projection
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:15 pm
Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:27 am
305 Engine wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:22 am
Trump doesnt seem like the sort to fuck off quietly. So, people sick of hearing his name are probably going to be disappointed for a while.
I predict that he will hold a MAGA rally somewhere (probably Florida) on inauguration day, and will then do a national tour of MAGA rallies for the next year
But why do you care? He’s not going to be the president anymore. So what do you care if he travels around and runs his mouth? You aren’t going to watch it or go to the rallies if he has then so it will be like it isn’t even happening.
Because he'll continue to spew lies, hate and venom that an enormous and deplorable part of the country will swallow whole.
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Do I understand this correctly? We are now whining about who will whine more about somebody else whining some time in the future?

Trump will not go quietly for some or all of the following reasons INPO except the last is first:

He will convince himself of the righteousness of his cause.
He can't stand to be out of the limelight and will arrange events to insure that doesn't happen.
He thrives on chaos and understands that he's at his best as an agent of chaos.
He wants to create a political dynasty and thinks this is the best way to create an opportunity for junior.
He and his family are highly motivated to stay out of jail and figure that staying in the spotlight, churning chaos and being perceived as controlling a substantial block of unstable followers is the best way to do that.
He wants and needs to monetize his fame/infamy. As always the bottom line is the bottom line.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:04 pm
Trump will not go quietly for some or all of the following reasons
And voila! As if by wizardry, this turns up in my news feed:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... XdDlDQQOcs

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:08 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Trump will not go quietly for some or all of the following reasons
And voila! As if by wizardry, this turns up in my news feed:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... XdDlDQQOcs

Trump is the King of all Grievance Merchants. He will monetize this to the nth degree

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Imagine it.

Imagine being a fucking narcissist who has been born into wealth and used it to cheat and impose your own will all your life.

Imagine that the first time someone has said "No. No you do not get your own fucking way." is live in front of millions of people and with the world's media desperate to hear your response.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Clams wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:15 pm
Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:27 am

I predict that he will hold a MAGA rally somewhere (probably Florida) on inauguration day, and will then do a national tour of MAGA rallies for the next year
But why do you care? He’s not going to be the president anymore. So what do you care if he travels around and runs his mouth? You aren’t going to watch it or go to the rallies if he has then so it will be like it isn’t even happening.
Because he'll continue to spew lies, hate and venom that an enormous and deplorable part of the country will swallow whole.
Deplorable? Nice troll.😆
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Do I understand this correctly? We are now whining about who will whine more about somebody else whining some time in the future?

Trump will not go quietly for some or all of the following reasons INPO except the last is first:

He will convince himself of the righteousness of his cause.
He can't stand to be out of the limelight and will arrange events to insure that doesn't happen.
He thrives on chaos and understands that he's at his best as an agent of chaos.
He wants to create a political dynasty and thinks this is the best way to create an opportunity for junior.
He and his family are highly motivated to stay out of jail and figure that staying in the spotlight, churning chaos and being perceived as controlling a substantial block of unstable followers is the best way to do that.
He wants and needs to monetize his fame/infamy. As always the bottom line is the bottom line.
Here’s what I know for sure as it relates to all this. Around this time four years ago this forum was filled with posts like, “Oh we are so fucked. It’s over. We are fucked.” One person said you weren’t and that the democrats would be back on top sooner rather than later. Who was that one person? Here I stand. Now four years later Orange Man has been ousted and that still isn’t enough. But I’m whining? Y’all take her easy and stay safe. It’s going to be ok. But this thread has gotten way too miserable for
me.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:13 pm
Deplorable? Nice troll.😆
Thanks! 8-)
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

One way to interpret "
beantownbubba wrote:
We are now whining about who will whine more about somebody else whining some time in the future?
is
Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:40 pm
this thread has gotten way too miserable for
me.
So we're in agreement there. I won't leave because of it, though. I'm probably just a glutton for punishment.

But c'mon, Cole. I'd be (and have been) the first person to say that you take an awful lot of shit here, some deserved, most not and some possibly accidentally (i.e. misunderstanding or use of wrong terms or whatever). Your general willingness to take that on and carry on is and always has been admirable and I'd like to think I've said that more than a couple of times. But every time you've had enough and pack up it's over something small and stupid. This is no exception. I mean, by its nature "whiny" is just not a "serious charge" and that's partly why I used the term. I meant what I said, I'm not trying to hide behind an "i was just joking" excuse, but it's just not a felony. I'm not even sure it rises to a misdemeanor; it's more like a parking ticket.

Yes you were one of the posters I had in mind w/ my whining comment, but only one of several. And whatever you said 4 years ago and whatever you've said since then or before then and however much respect I have for you or any other factor you might want to name, the particular post I was referring to is imho reasonably characterized as whiny. It does not need to be and does not benefit from interpreting your words through the lens of your credibility and history. Compare and contrast your reasonable objection to me saying I wasn't sure that you don't believe in dictatorship, as to which your credibility and history were serious factors I should have applied/acknowledged more carefully in responding to your comments.

I too have from time to time objected to not getting the benefit of the doubt considering my history and track record/credibility when others have taken something I've said unfairly the wrong way so I know exactly where you're coming from but I don't see how it applies here. And as I said earlier, even if it did apply it's such small change here. I don't really get how you got to where you are on this other than you may just be tired of the whole thing (not unreasonably) but I do hope you'll reconsider and not make your stand here, over this.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
One way to interpret "
beantownbubba wrote:
We are now whining about who will whine more about somebody else whining some time in the future?
is
Cole Younger wrote:
this thread has gotten way too miserable for
me.
So we're in agreement there. I won't leave because of it, though. I'm probably just a glutton for punishment.

But c'mon, Cole. I'd be (and have been) the first person to say that you take an awful lot of shit here, some deserved, most not and some possibly accidentally (i.e. misunderstanding or use of wrong terms or whatever). Your general willingness to take that on and carry on is and always has been admirable and I'd like to think I've said that more than a couple of times. But every time you've had enough and pack up it's over something small and stupid. This is no exception. I mean, by its nature "whiny" is just not a "serious charge" and that's partly why I used the term. I meant what I said, I'm not trying to hide behind an "i was just joking" excuse, but it's just not a felony. I'm not even sure it rises to a misdemeanor; it's more like a parking ticket.

Yes you were one of the posters I had in mind w/ my whining comment, but only one of several. And whatever you said 4 years ago and whatever you've said since then or before then and however much respect I have for you or any other factor you might want to name, the particular post I was referring to is imho reasonably characterized as whiny. It does not need to be and does not benefit from interpreting your words through the lens of your credibility and history. Compare and contrast your reasonable objection to me saying I wasn't sure that you don't believe in dictatorship, as to which your credibility and history were serious factors I should have applied/acknowledged more carefully in responding to your comments.

I too have from time to time objected to not getting the benefit of the doubt considering my history and track record/credibility when others have taken something I've said unfairly the wrong way so I know exactly where you're coming from but I don't see how it applies here. And as I said earlier, even if it did apply it's such small change here. I don't really get how you got to where you are on this other than you may just be tired of the whole thing (not unreasonably) but I do hope you'll reconsider and not make your stand here, over this.
Well I didn’t say I was leaving forever. And being accused of whining isn’t why. Like I said, there has been such a black cloud over this thread for a long time and I figured now that would kind of change. And maybe it will later. I’ll be back. And it’s not like I’m leaving the forum. I’m suffering greatly from political fatigue I believe. I’m just tired of EVERYTHING being the end of the world. I think you focused on the wrong part of my post but that doesn’t make you wrong either.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Congratulations on belonging to a demographic for which Trump’s presidency wasn’t a threat to your happiness or safety. Not everyone is so lucky

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pm
Congratulations on belonging to a demographic for which Trump’s presidency wasn’t a threat to your happiness or safety. Not everyone is so lucky
Zip I hope you aren’t half as miserable as you act. I mean you’re always mad at the world it seems like. I have problems in my life like you or anybody else. But who the president is just has little bearing on it one way or the other. You were still like this when Obama was president so it seems we have that in common.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:27 pm
Zip City wrote:
Zip I hope you aren’t half as miserable as you act. I mean you’re always mad at the world it seems like. I have problems in my life like you or anybody else. But who the president is just has little bearing on it one way or the other. You were still like this when Obama was president so it seems we have that in common.
You’ve made my point. Who the president is has no bearing on your life. It has a huge bearing on other people’s lives, but you mock that as “Trump Derangement Syndrome”. Maybe have some empathy for people whose health insurance, right to marry or adopt, immigration status, right to body autonomy, etc. is threatened by the person in the Oval Office.

I’m sorry that you are unable to see past your own backyard.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Hmmmm. Past my own backyard. Like a liberal guy who has nothing but disdain for people not like himself? Empathy and open mindedness are fine things but it seems to be a one way street with guys like you who are often lecturing others about it. Orange Man did pretty well with black voters and even better with Hispanic voters. So your narrative about how everybody but white men suffered while he was president doesn’t seem to be quite true. Or maybe this is another instance of you knowing what is in someone else’s best interest better than they do. I see that get tossed around a lot too.

Yeah I’m a Southern white guy. We are really well thought of in American culture.🤣. Look at it this way, Zip, Joe Biden has possession of the nation’s soul or whatever. We’re all possessed by Joe Biden now.🤣

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

How do you walk with that chip on your shoulder?

You cry about the mean liberals never understanding the salt of the earth Americans, yet make no effort to return the favor. Save me your sob stories about how mean everyone is to you.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:10 pm
How do you walk with that chip on your shoulder?

You cry about the mean liberals never understanding the salt of the earth Americans, yet make no effort to return the favor. Save me your sob stories about how mean everyone is to you.
You’re right, Zip. I’m just not as tough as you, man.🤣

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Thread title holds up. Clams continues to be a genius.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:
Here’s what I know for sure as it relates to all this. Around this time four years ago this forum was filled with posts like, “Oh we are so fucked. It’s over. We are fucked.” One person said you weren’t and that the democrats would be back on top sooner rather than later. Who was that one person? Here I stand. Now four years later Orange Man has been ousted and that still isn’t enough.
I don't believe I ever said "It's over." I'm pretty sure I said close enough to "we're fucked" to own that, but I don't ever believe it's over.

Trump scared me, but what scared me worse is the power vacuum he forms. He's there with the power to do immense things and he doesn't--he just runs for reelection and pads his pocketbook. It's the sort of situation that usually leads to a coup or worse.

I expected worse from him. I didn't get it, and I'm glad to be wrong. Trump was not, at heart, a Serious Person--"just making money and having fun".

The next authoritarian who becomes president will be a Serious Person. I hope people don't believe this victory--which Democrats are unsurprisingly self-hating in their desire not to celebrate. Republicans would be dancing in the streets if the position was reversed, which gives you some idea why Democrats lose a lot when they ought to be winning--solves the problem. The presidency has been getting more and more overloaded with power since at least the start of the Cold War. Trump could have been so much worse; the next one will be.

I myself would like to return to 2003, when Howard Dean said he wanted to serve the interests of the working class guy in the south with a Confederate sticker on his pickup truck. That's about the same time it was coming clear to me that the Confederate flag was America's Nazi flag, but Howard Dean was still my guy. The fact is that I care more about that guy and that guy's family--even today, when anyone still showing that sign should be ashamed--than I care about the well-mannered, well-to-do swine who mostly agree with me but look down on him for reasons other than that flag.
Zip City wrote:
That's just astounding to me to read. Instead of saying, "We have common interests to advance," the left now says to working class people, "The right is no threat to you." And people wonder why we lose. We aren't even trying to reach a demographic that should be ours.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:14 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Here’s what I know for sure as it relates to all this. Around this time four years ago this forum was filled with posts like, “Oh we are so fucked. It’s over. We are fucked.” One person said you weren’t and that the democrats would be back on top sooner rather than later. Who was that one person? Here I stand. Now four years later Orange Man has been ousted and that still isn’t enough.
I don't believe I ever said "It's over." I'm pretty sure I said close enough to "we're fucked" to own that, but I don't ever believe it's over.

Trump scared me, but what scared me worse is the power vacuum he forms. He's there with the power to do immense things and he doesn't--he just runs for reelection and pads his pocketbook. It's the sort of situation that usually leads to a coup or worse.

I expected worse from him. I didn't get it, and I'm glad to be wrong. Trump was not, at heart, a Serious Person--"just making money and having fun".

The next authoritarian who becomes president will be a Serious Person. I hope people don't believe this victory--which Democrats are unsurprisingly self-hating in their desire not to celebrate. Republicans would be dancing in the streets if the position was reversed, which gives you some idea why Democrats lose a lot when they ought to be winning--solves the problem. The presidency has been getting more and more overloaded with power since at least the start of the Cold War. Trump could have been so much worse; the next one will be.

I myself would like to return to 2003, when Howard Dean said he wanted to serve the interests of the working class guy in the south with a Confederate sticker on his pickup truck. That's about the same time it was coming clear to me that the Confederate flag was America's Nazi flag, but Howard Dean was still my guy. The fact is that I care more about that guy and that guy's family--even today, when anyone still showing that sign should be ashamed--than I care about the well-mannered, well-to-do swine who mostly agree with me but look down on him for reasons other than that flag.
Zip City wrote:
That's just astounding to me to read. Instead of saying, "We have common interests to advance," the left now says to working class people, "The right is no threat to you." And people wonder why we lose. We aren't even trying to reach a demographic that should be ours.
I agree with a heck of a lot of that, John A. Maybe all of it.

I wish the democrats would make it possible for me to vote for them. I say the same thing about the republicans. While the republicans want to be in twenty year wars and get new ones started if they can while doing the bidding of corporations all while playing the role of the guys who care about your freedoms, the democrats do their best to keep us at war while they talk about being anti war and insult my intelligence by telling me they are the party of the working class. All while having open contempt for working class people. They can both grease up their pretenses and promises and stick them somewhere dark. Zip’s dumb accusations not withstanding about my feelings being hurt by people like him, the issue is there is nobody who represents me in government so far as I can tell.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Cole,
Maybe it would help if you openly showed a little more compassion. I mean dude, this country had slavery, folks are in worse shape than you, there is racial division, there is a gender pay gap, hell just this year Asian women surpasssed the white male in weekly earnings! And I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of Asian woman privelage. I'm tired of them trying to keep the white boy down.
I'm just sayin man, shed a tear and let your heart bleed out every once in a while. I mean, everyone on here says you're a good dude. Including world wide bill, who, thanks to lockdown joe, is now lockdown Bill. You gotta admit that's a sad transition.
Anyways I'm just messing around. I can be full of shit because I ain't the prez.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 am
Cole,
Maybe it would help if you openly showed a little more compassion. I mean dude, this country had slavery, folks are in worse shape than you, there is racial division, there is a gender pay gap, hell just this year Asian women surpasssed the white male in weekly earnings! And I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of Asian woman privelage. I'm tired of them trying to keep the white boy down.
I'm just sayin man, shed a tear and let your heart bleed out every once in a while. I mean, everyone on here says you're a good dude. Including world wide bill, who, thanks to lockdown joe, is now lockdown Bill. You gotta admit that's a sad transition.
Anyways I'm just messing around. I can be full of shit because I ain't the prez.
Lol. Yeah those Asian women need to check their privilege. That’s the problem with looking at everyone as either an oppressor or the oppressed. At some point if you look low enough everyone is both. It’s a destructive way of looking at life. I’m in the deer stand this morning getting ready to oppress a big buck.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Exactly. My own current personal story is that I live in Telluride Colorado, which has a very concentrated number of super wealthy people. I know a lot of them. Some of them do such incredible things with their money it actually would cause a tear to well up.
I'm also good buddies with the town drunk. And that's what he is. A Florida white kid from a super abusive and low income family. Made his way to Telluride via Alaska where he escaped from Florida to make a name for himself as a hard worker on the docks. He took that work ethic, and he's a genuinely good dude, to Telluride where he's been able to survive. Barely. His diet of vodka has remained steady. There is only one place in town that will hire him
To wash dishes. For $20 an hour. Decent money plus he has an apartment paid for by a local social program.
But he has only a few teeth left. Let's get em fixed mother fucker.
It's a duality indeed to have plain white trash stuck out like a thumb, but it's a loving community, and we take care of him, same as we take care of our migrant workers here. They are just critters on this planet. And we take care of our critters til they die. And they will die. To make room for more life. Life cycle and shit.
So I take Bubba Lee (his mom named him that because that's how much she loves champagne, no shit,) to get his impressions made for his brand new full set of teeth, that the dentist is paying for themselves because they recognized a good dude, that needed help. He dumped his vodka down the drain that morning. It was a rough day. Bubba coming face to face with no booze is like facing up to hell for him. But he knows he has to. He's trying to survive. He might even get laid if he had teeth. He's one of the best musicians I know and wrote "you made me cum wrong" inspired by my sexual mishaps. He can't even eat and can barely walk. Dudes only 40.
He has convulsions all day and puked all over me and the inside of my car.
Getting his new teeth on November 24th at 5:00. So that's how our election and holiday season is going.
I didn't really have time to pay much attention to the election. Not because I'm on a high horse about how people less fortunate than me are being oppressed and how can I not be shaking a fist about it?
I was busy taking care of someone that's truly been oppressed in his life and had the shit kicked out of him by life. It didn't have a damn thing to do with race or gender or the election or Trump or religion or lack there of. It wore me the fuck out. I couldn't move yesterday I've been getting on his ass to be accountable. Show some respect for your community by showing some respect for yourself. It's shit I've been working on too. Stop acting like a victim. Your fucking 40 and it's not helping. Everything that flies from his mouth is a bitch about something. I'm out of margin for it personally. And I'm not his therapist I'm his friend so I'm perpetually telling him to either say something helpful, or that lends itself to solutions, or shut the fuck up. It's rough. He gets mad. But he knows I'm right. And he's adjusting and it's helping. He's been practicing either saying something helpful or saying nothing at all. And that's good. We need community and someone to hold us accountable. These thoughts turn into destiny. So it's better to have a community and someone to check your words and call you out on your bs. No matter your age, gender, or skin color. The victim card ain't working for anyone as far as I can tell. I do know it ain't working for Bubba. But he's vowed to step up and quit drinking. Get some new teeth. Start showing some respect for himself. Personal agency and whatnot. This is not a request for thoughts and prayers, unless you mean the song.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

side not that I think is relevant, at least to me trying to piece together in my mind how this situation might pertain to literally anyone,
After dropping off Bubba yesterday when I realized that quitting drinking wasn't in fact, going to kill him, I literally gave him my coat. He was talking about how winter always makes him sick because he can't afford proper layers so he gets wet and cold and therefore sick. Well with new teeth and a a new coat and a job and community support, dude is running out of excuses Right about the same time I'm running out of compassion. And I'm not just running out of compassion for him, it's that I'm Running out of compassion for bitching, whining, moaning, and complaining. So yeah, I'm bitching about the bitching for a minute. Thanks for allowing it.
I have to have compassion and empathy and understanding. I have a thirteen year old daughter who is a very conscious and thoughtful slice of real life bad assery. I'm trying not to train her thoughts or compel her speach. But I'm an overprotective father and these things aren't always easy. Any advice you have on a single father trying to help a teenage girl navigate life, is welcome. Especially from this group whose diverse opinions I respect.
And of late, the dialogue on here has been really helpful to me personally. And much appreciated. I don't go to therapy and DBT fans seem to understand me more than most so just typing my thoughts is a nice mental exercise.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I meant to say that I realized that NOT drinking was NOT going to kill Bubba. Important distinction. It seemed iffy there for a minute.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

He truly is the living Bubba morherfuckers. And dude can legit rock out. He's been in several bands and can play any instrument. He could very well play in bands again. We've been writing tons of songs together and he actually cut an album of songs from our band that we spawned on the farm. Be on the look out for The Staggering Haggerds. We might become an overnight sensation..

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Great God Almighty, these are easily my favorite posts in the history of this board. Good on you for what you are doing and God bless you. Actually doing something to help somebody else instead of bitch mouthing and whining and crying about what all is wrong and doing nothing but voting for asshat who claims to care about this bunch or that, and then getting your nose up in the air like you did something. What a novel idea. And good on Bubba and God bless him too. I’ve known some guys like him and they’re usually good guys. Just weak people who have had a bad combination of getting dealt a shit hand and then having people do them the disservice of enabling them. Tell Bubba there is an iron worker in Georgia who is rooting hard for him and even though you didn’t ask for prayers you’ve got them. You and him.

I’m out of margin too, man. That’s what has lead to me
Not being quite as polite here as I normally am. I’m just limited out on excuses and bullshit. Do what you can to help somebody who needs it. Vote your conscience or don’t vote if there is nobody available that allows you to vote your conscience. But get off your damn high horse about how moral and good and empathetic you are because chances are you’re probably an asshole. And chances are you aren’t nearly as smart as you think you are. In the social media age every damn body thinks they’re an intellectual when intellectuals are actually pretty uncommon and everybody seems to think they’re perfect.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Man I hope I get to meet and have a beer with you some time.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Zip City wrote:
I was responding specifically to Cole's notion that since the man in office doesn't affect HIM specifically, that anyone who IS affected is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome or hysterics. It's a myopic point of view that mischaracterizes some legitimate fears and concerns over Trump and his presidency.

There are many common interests to advance. Joe Biden seems like the type of person who will work towards unity rather than sowing division. I'm not confident, however, that Congress will cooperate

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 am
Zip City wrote:
I was responding specifically to Cole's notion that since the man in office doesn't affect HIM specifically, that anyone who IS affected is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome or hysterics. It's a myopic point of view that mischaracterizes some legitimate fears and concerns over Trump and his presidency.

There are many common interests to advance. Joe Biden seems like the type of person who will work towards unity rather than sowing division. I'm not confident, however, that Congress will cooperate

Let me clear the air and remove all doubt. The TDS comment was made very specifically about guys like you. Not everyone who doesn’t like Orange Man. And if you think Joe Biden is going to unite the country congressional cooperation or not, pass that shit because it must be good.