The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by chuckrh »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:33 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:22 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:40 pm
Clams I agree with what you and others are saying. I don’t decide to not visit any place that doesn’t align with me politically. I just have no desire to go there or Portland. And that is based on what a few city blocks in those two locations have turned into in the past few months.
Cole - took the liberty of editing your statement for improved factual accuracy. If you don't believe me, there are a few songs on The New OK written by a Portland resident that can provide additional context.
Fair enough. But the broader point remains that I’m not the kind of guy who chooses to only associate with people like me or to go to places where I think most people are like me and my own actions relative to this place reflect that. Also, this conversation started when I spoke up in response to chuck taking a giant shit on two rather large regions of the country based on their not doing as he thinks they should. That seems to have gotten lost in all this.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole: Mean city liberals hate rural Georgians! What dicks! I hate people who make broad generalizations!

Also Cole: I think Seattle is a shit hole even though I’ve never been there! Fuck city liberals! All Democrats suck!

Lol, ok
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm
Cole: Mean city liberals hate rural Georgians! What dicks! I hate people who make broad generalizations!

Also Cole: I think Seattle is a shit hole even though I’ve never been there! Fuck city liberals! All Democrats suck!

Lol, ok
Zip that’s stupid. You’re just projecting bullshit. Please feel free to highlight where I said Seattle is a shithole. Highlight where I said fuck anybody. Where did I say Democrats suck? I didn’t say any of those things? Did a generalize some? Yeah I did. I guess that’s the first time that’s been done here. I don’t care if you don’t like something I post but get your facts straight.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Chuck you’re just showing what you are, man.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:32 pm
You mean someone who has fought against racism his whole life? I almost got thrown out of the house when I was in high school because I wrote a pro busing/desegregation editorial in the school paper. Which later won a state award for high school journalism. I just don't care for idiots which isn't geographic specific. It's peculiar that a lot (not all) of the "red" states just happen to be where the KKK thrived & in some cases still thrives. Coincidence?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:43 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
You mean someone who has fought against racism his whole life? I almost got thrown out of the house when I was in high school because I wrote a pro busing/desegregation editorial in the school paper. Which later won a state award for high school journalism. I just don't care for idiots which isn't geographic specific. It's peculiar that a lot (not all) of the "red" states just happen to be where the KKK thrived & in some cases still thrives. Coincidence?
Lol. “The KKK thrives.” What are there like ten of them now? Tell you what. Once you’ve got your own area straightened out you can get started on fixing everybody else. Better yet, when you get a handle on that temper of yours and your propensity for histrionics then maybe you can go to work fixing someone else’s problems. I’m sure you’ve fought racism your entire life. Of course you have.🙄

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:48 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:43 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Lol. “The KKK thrives.” What are there like ten of them now? Tell you what. Once you’ve got your own area straightened out you can get started on fixing everybody else. Better yet, when you get a handle on that temper of yours and your propensity for histrionics then maybe you can go to work fixing someone else’s problems. I’m sure you’ve fought racism your entire life. Of course you have.🙄
Wow, now you're getting personal & calling me a liar. Nice. The only temper I detect is yours. I hope if things "go south" Tuesday that you or your family never get really sick. Unless you're wealthy, it's a good way to lose everything. Been down that road & it's not a pleasant journey. Got past that once & really worry that it could easily happen again if the preexisting condition protections go away. In the meantime, we'll just hope that the rules that were put in to appease the slave states don't steal another election. It hasn't gone well for anyone the last 2 times it happened in modern times. Small wonder that we still have a huge racial injustice problem under these conditions.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Self awareness isn’t your strength, chuck. You get on here rant and rave and cuss and say things that frankly sound crazy. But the only temper you detect is mine. Alrighty.

I don’t know what your situation is that you’re referencing as far as medical problems but Insure do not wish that on you. I’m not going to get into an argument with you about healthcare. There is just no point.

Man you can talk about “slave states” and fight the Civil War all over again, pretend this is the sixties, and post all the Neil Young clips you want. You’ve got a distorted view of a region of the country that you THINK you understand but have no clue about. And guys that act like you and say the kinds of things that you say seem to always end up moving down here, running their mouths loudly about how much better they are than people here, and then think they’re ostracized ‘cause racism. When you’re so sure of everything then everywhere you look you confirmation of what you think you know.

As for your being a liar, I don’t know whether you are or not but what I said was less about the truth of what you said and more about your overestimating yourself. You’ve fought racism your whole life because you wrote a newspaper article in high school? Really? So now you’re the moral authority on race and racism? Can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

Next time you want to speak with all this authority and take a shit on some other part of the country, ask yourself a few questions. Is it the evil South breaking out in riots where people are setting shit on fire for months at a time? Where are people dressing up in black pajamas and attacking people? Is it down here? Where are race riots happening? Where those horrible “Southern men” live? Clean up your own yard before you start giving advice to everybody and fix yourself before you start telling somebody else what is wrong with them. You’ll find plenty to keep you busy right there. No need to respond. I said about everything and I don’t even like Neil Young.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Let's take a couple deep breaths, fellas.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Cole Younger wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:21 am
Self awareness isn’t your strength, chuck. You get on here rant and rave and cuss and say things that frankly sound crazy. But the only temper you detect is mine. Alrighty.

I don’t know what your situation is that you’re referencing as far as medical problems but Insure do not wish that on you. I’m not going to get into an argument with you about healthcare. There is just no point.

Man you can talk about “slave states” and fight the Civil War all over again, pretend this is the sixties, and post all the Neil Young clips you want. You’ve got a distorted view of a region of the country that you THINK you understand but have no clue about. And guys that act like you and say the kinds of things that you say seem to always end up moving down here, running their mouths loudly about how much better they are than people here, and then think they’re ostracized ‘cause racism. When you’re so sure of everything then everywhere you look you confirmation of what you think you know.

As for your being a liar, I don’t know whether you are or not but what I said was less about the truth of what you said and more about your overestimating yourself. You’ve fought racism your whole life because you wrote a newspaper article in high school? Really? So now you’re the moral authority on race and racism? Can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

Next time you want to speak with all this authority and take a shit on some other part of the country, ask yourself a few questions. Is it the evil South breaking out in riots where people are setting shit on fire for months at a time? Where are people dressing up in black pajamas and attacking people? Is it down here? Where are race riots happening? Where those horrible “Southern men” live? Clean up your own yard before you start giving advice to everybody and fix yourself before you start telling somebody else what is wrong with them. You’ll find plenty to keep you busy right there. No need to respond. I said about everything and I don’t even like Neil Young.
Your self righteous crap is so annoying. You are doing exactly the same things you accuse me of doing. Look at your own self before you start trying to tell other people what to do. So much for "I have a different opinion but I'm a nice guy". Delusional.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Semper Fi, Cole! 4 more years is upon us. landslide

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Wolf wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 am
hey Wolf, i'll put up $100 that Biden gets 5MM more votes than Trump. you in, little pup?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Clams wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 am
Let's take a couple deep breaths, fellas.
I’m done with it, Clams.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Wolf wrote:
Semper Fi, brother. As for the election, I have no idea but my life has been about the same no matter who was president. I guess that’s why I just don’t get all wrapped around my axel about it and am always amazed at how much bullshit the members of the big two are willing to swallow. No matter who wins I will go right on living my life and being happy.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 am
Wolf wrote:
hey Wolf, i'll put up $100 that Biden gets 5MM more votes than Trump. you in, little pup?
little pup? :lol: that the best you can come with? typical lefty shit. i'll take the bet

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Wolf wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:22 am
tinnitus photography wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 am
Wolf wrote:
little pup? :lol: that the best you can come with? typical lefty shit. i'll take the bet
ok right on, you scruffy, loveable little vixen. venmo or paypal?

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

paypal

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf, good to see that adversity hasn't mellowed you. Well, good to see you anyway. As always, I think it would be far preferable if you contributed to the discussion (not that the current discussion is our finest moment) rather than simply trolling and owning the libs, but like I said you don't seem to have mellowed.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:22 am
i'll take the bet
I can see it now: Threedimesdown goes to the Supreme Court in a vote counting case that splits the country right in two. :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:24 am
Early voting in Texas started today at 7am. I was in line at 640am. There were several hundred people ahead of me. By the time the polls opened there were at least another hundred behind me. I waited in line for a bit over two hours to cast my ballot. It was wonderful. Cathartic. Amazing. I've been screaming into the void and crying into my pillow for four years, but today, my opinion actually mattered. My voice was finally heard. It felt damn good to cast that ballot.
There are already more early voters in Texas this year than all who voted in the 2016 election. Wow. Of course, that could just mean that Pearlbeer has voted 10 million times this year.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I watched Alex Gibney's new film "Totally Under Control" last night. I thought it was really well done and suggest watching it. I know...there is a thread for this...

BUT

In the movie I learned that the earliest superspreader event was traced back to a "Square Dancing Party in Seattle."

I laughed out loud because I thought instantly of the Cole-Chuck battle. :P :lol:

Stay safe both of you. I'd love to catch a Rock Show with either side!
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:14 pm
I watched Alex Gibney's new film "Totally Under Control" last night. I thought it was really well done and suggest watching it. I know...there is a thread for this...

BUT

In the movie I learned that the earliest superspreader event was traced back to a "Square Dancing Party in Seattle."

I laughed out loud because I thought instantly of the Cole-Chuck battle. :P :lol:

🤣🤣🤣👍

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:14 pm

BUT

Anytime, pearlbeer. Yes, dumbasses know no geography. We have plenty here too. On a serious note, I'm starting to think I've seen my last show if there's no vaccine soon. Before the pandemic it was starting to get really difficult for me to go to stuff like that (the Stones in 2019 almost did me in). I'm at the end of the line for available treatments & the progression of the disease is accelerating even faster. My last show attended was Conversations with Nick Cave a year ago so at least if I'm going out it was a good one. A nurse friend who treats seniors in nursing homes (she's had a nervous year) looked at my med list & said "geez, that's what they give the old folks who are on the way out". A bit disconcerting to say the least. I'm still holding on to some tickets from this year (some but not all against my will) so we'll hope for the best. PS: I thought the first super spreader event here was a church choir practice in the northern part of the state. That was an ugly one. BTW: isn't it sad when cousins marry? Just sayin'....

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 am
Wolf, good to see that adversity hasn't mellowed you. Well, good to see you anyway. As always, I think it would be far preferable if you contributed to the discussion (not that the current discussion is our finest moment) rather than simply trolling and owning the libs, but like I said you don't seem to have mellowed.
this is a Thread for Political Bullshit. i was adressing Cole. no one else. i'm voting for Trump. you know, political. no fucking trolling here. have a nice day 8-)

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

chuckrh wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:51 am
"There's a lot of good folks down here, and Neil Young just wasn't around."
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

LBRod wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:13 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:51 am
"There's a lot of good folks down here, and Neil Young just wasn't around."
That is an epic version of Southern Man though

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The text for today's sermon is the following graphic, normally labelled "The United States of Canada versus Jesusland".

Now, I like that one better than the previous iteration, just after the 2016 election:

Which is the first one on steroids. Whereas this one I kind of like, from the "A Pax on Both Your Houses" (or something like that) blog:

That one does distribute the blame and gets the electoral count right. This one does, too, but has some special pleading near and dear to my heart:

As Randy Newman says, "In days like these, we sure could use a friend," so I'll take it.

Anyway, when I look at these maps, what I see is a desire to retreat from the democratic process at precisely the time when the demographic process is making many of those "Jesusland"--side note: Show me on the doll where Jesus hurt you worse than Mitch McConnell did--states become purple. The Senate race in Mississippi is within the reach, if not the grasp, of the Democratic Party, simply because of the increasingly non-white face of the state. Georgia might send two Democrats to the Senate this year. Probably not, but it's close enough. The same in many other southern states.

You'd think people might like to stick around and actually win with a little effort. But no. The three-legged dog of the USofC, with Illinois dangling down, like a droopy Snoopy penis almost brushing the Great State of Arkansaw, wants to pick up the bone and run. The bone would include such things as--oh, let's just pick an example--the endowment fund of Harvard University, a significant amount of which comes from investment in the enslavement of black folks in the south. If I lived in the wealthier part of the country, maybe I'd be motivated to cut and run, too.

Or maybe they'd merge all the USA with Canada. I'm pretty sure adding those provinces as states under the current electoral college, plus adding DC and Puerto Rico, would dramatically tip the balance which demography is already slowly moving in my side's favor. But I suppose charity only goes so far.

It's always about the cash flow. People with enough money can climb as high as they care to and piss down on Jesusland. I'm perfectly away the Jesusland part is mostly an excuse to exercise the power of money and piss down on whoever doesn't fret your conscience.

Please don't come at me with "Oh, but the Republicans do worse!" Of course they do worse. They're my opponents, they're on the wrong goddam side because they have bad values, and I hope to stomp them into, then under the shit-laden dirt of the auction barn of history. (Politically speaking, of course. May they all live long and harmless lives from here on out.) That's what you do about the people who do worse--not talk about them. You talk about your own people who fall short of what they've promised and figure out how to get better from them without stomping them into etc. etc.

Thus endeth the sermon. Go and sin no more, or at least no more than necessary, live long and prosper. Especially you, Wolf.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:49 am
The text for today's sermon is the following graphic, normally labelled "The United States of Canada versus Jesusland".

Now, I like that one better than the previous iteration, just after the 2016 election:

Which is the first one on steroids. Whereas this one I kind of like, from the "A Pax on Both Your Houses" (or something like that) blog:

That one does distribute the blame and gets the electoral count right. This one does, too, but has some special pleading near and dear to my heart:

As Randy Newman says, "In days like these, we sure could use a friend," so I'll take it.

Anyway, when I look at these maps, what I see is a desire to retreat from the democratic process at precisely the time when the demographic process is making many of those "Jesusland"--side note: Show me on the doll where Jesus hurt you worse than Mitch McConnell did--states become purple. The Senate race in Mississippi is within the reach, if not the grasp, of the Democratic Party, simply because of the increasingly non-white face of the state. Georgia might send two Democrats to the Senate this year. Probably not, but it's close enough. The same in many other southern states.

You'd think people might like to stick around and actually win with a little effort. But no. The three-legged dog of the USofC, with Illinois dangling down, like a droopy Snoopy penis almost brushing the Great State of Arkansaw, wants to pick up the bone and run. The bone would include such things as--oh, let's just pick an example--the endowment fund of Harvard University, a significant amount of which comes from investment in the enslavement of black folks in the south. If I lived in the wealthier part of the country, maybe I'd be motivated to cut and run, too.

Or maybe they'd merge all the USA with Canada. I'm pretty sure adding those provinces as states under the current electoral college, plus adding DC and Puerto Rico, would dramatically tip the balance which demography is already slowly moving in my side's favor. But I suppose charity only goes so far.

It's always about the cash flow. People with enough money can climb as high as they care to and piss down on Jesusland. I'm perfectly away the Jesusland part is mostly an excuse to exercise the power of money and piss down on whoever doesn't fret your conscience.

Please don't come at me with "Oh, but the Republicans do worse!" Of course they do worse. They're my opponents, they're on the wrong goddam side because they have bad values, and I hope to stomp them into, then under the shit-laden dirt of the auction barn of history. (Politically speaking, of course. May they all live long and harmless lives from here on out.) That's what you do about the people who do worse--not talk about them. You talk about your own people who fall short of what they've promised and figure out how to get better from them without stomping them into etc. etc.

Thus endeth the sermon. Go and sin no more, or at least no more than necessary, live long and prosper. Especially you, Wolf.
Thanks, John, I hope you don't get bullied or told what to do (not that I give 2 damns about that). We are in danger of becoming a nation of hypocritical bullies if we're not there already. My views may be a bit extreme at times but I'm a student of history & there is a historical basis for a lot of what I've written if you care to read it. Sure I generalize but that's a reflection of the data. I don't attack individuals unless backed into a corner. If that happens, look out. They used to call me the warrior poet (for infamous emails) at work before I escaped. We have become an uncivil country & that's a reflection of the leadership. A smaller scale concept of your illustrations would be the new country of Westeros. The west coast, Hawaii, Nevada, Colorado & Alaska. I know Alaska is red but there aren't a lot of people & a shit ton of resources! Then something similar for the Northeast. I'm seriously thinking about Canada. I think I could get in with a bit of work as mom was born there. That is if things "go south". It's not perfect up there (see indigenous people, First Nation). They're trying to fix that though.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I should make sure I've been clear: I'm up for merging the entire USA* with Canada, into the US system on a one-province-one-state basis or otherwise.

On the other hand, secession is the sort of thing you kill a motherfucker over if push comes to shove. I don't care who who wants to secede or why**, I'm against it, period. There is no imaginable conceivable circumstance in which splitting up the US will make things better.

It may be inevitable, but so is the triumph of entropy, and there's no point in speeding the day things get worse.

*unless Hawaii decides it feels otherwise--they've got a strong case and some desire for independence, and no borders with anyone
**except maybe Hawaii, and one doesn't force Puerto Rico while it's still ambivalent about statehood
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:14 am
I should make sure I've been clear: I'm up for merging the entire USA* with Canada, into the US system on a one-province-one-state basis or otherwise.

On the other hand, secession is the sort of thing you kill a motherfucker over if push comes to shove. I don't care who who wants to secede or why**, I'm against it, period. There is no imaginable conceivable circumstance in which splitting up the US will make things better.

It may be inevitable, but so is the triumph of entropy, and there's no point in speeding the day things get worse.

*unless Hawaii decides it feels otherwise--they've got a strong case and some desire for independence, and no borders with anyone
**except maybe Hawaii, and one doesn't force Puerto Rico while it's still ambivalent about statehood
It was fantasy. It does make for interesting pondering if the confederacy had been allowed to leave. Just disillusioned by the state of the country in general. We should be way beyond where we are now.