The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

After everything we have been through the last four years, I shook my head this weekend thinking, "it is just all so STUPID". Embarrassing and dumb.

Early voting in Texas starts tomorrow morning at 7am. I plan to be in line at that time. Let's do this.....Fuck Stupid and Fuck Trump.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 pm
After everything we have been through the last four years, I shook my head this weekend thinking, "it is just all so STUPID". Embarrassing and dumb.

Early voting in Texas starts tomorrow morning at 7am. I plan to be in line at that time. Let's do this.....Fuck Stupid and Fuck Trump.
I'm with you. Here in Washington all voting is done by mail. & what do you know, there has been a miniscule amount of nefarious activity. Ballots arrive this week.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Yet another reason to pull the plug on the electoral college.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

A lot of Californians must agree with Orange Man. It seems like everybody who can leave is leaving. Who would want stupidly high taxes and politicians who act as if the state is a prison and they are the prison staff?
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:44 am
who act as if the state is a prison and they are the prison staff?
I don't understand. What does this mean or refer to?
Cole Younger wrote:
It seems like everybody who can leave is leaving.
I personally would never live in huge swaths of CA but might be persuaded to live in a few areas. It's a big place. But if a thousand people left CA every day, and nobody entered, how long would it take until the population of CA (approx 40 Million) equals the population of GA (approx 10.5 M)? My math is shaky but I've got it at about 86 years. I think that means a lot of people disagree with you.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
A lot of Californians must agree with Orange Man. It seems like everybody who can leave is leaving. Who would want stupidly high taxes and politicians who act as if the state is a prison and they are the prison staff?
That's entirely missing the point.

What would your reaction be if Biden (or any other Democratic presidential candidate) tweeted: "GEORGIA A GOING TO HELL! VOTE BIDEN!" ??
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Early voting in Texas started today at 7am. I was in line at 640am. There were several hundred people ahead of me. By the time the polls opened there were at least another hundred behind me. I waited in line for a bit over two hours to cast my ballot. It was wonderful. Cathartic. Amazing. I've been screaming into the void and crying into my pillow for four years, but today, my opinion actually mattered. My voice was finally heard. It felt damn good to cast that ballot.
Last edited by pearlbeer on Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wow. Hyperbole much?

I've enjoyed meeting you over the years and having a beer with you at the 40, Cole, but, man, I'm worried about you. Why are you just going off on a state on the other side of the country for no reason? How are their taxes affecting you? Many Californians have had their health and safety compromised by wildfires recently (several of them are on 3DD). I would hope you could lead with a bit more empathy.

I'm sure we have political differences, man, but I do honestly hope that you focus your energy towards kindness. Both sides, every side, all sides...we could use more kindness toward each other. This whole thing is about standing up for others, not tearing them down.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^^^^^
Amen to kindness. 🙏🏼

Make America Kind Again
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:48 am
Cole Younger wrote:
Wow. Hyperbole much?

I've enjoyed meeting you over the years and having a beer with you at the 40, Cole, but, man, I'm worried about you. Why are you just going off on a state on the other side of the country for no reason? How are their taxes affecting you? Many Californians have had their health and safety compromised by wildfires recently (several of them are on 3DD). I would hope you could lead with a bit more empathy.

I'm sure we have political differences, man, but I do honestly hope that you focus your energy towards kindness. Both sides, every side, all sides...we could use more kindness toward each other. This whole thing is about standing up for others, not tearing them down.
Man you took my post the wrong way. I’m not being mean, I feel bad for those people. I have a first cousin who lives in Elk Grove (suburban Sacramento) and she hates what is being done to her state. But she’s from California, her life is there, she’s never lived anywhere else, and she doesn’t want to leave. That’s how I will feel if or when Georgia takes the turn that many predict is coming.

My problem with their being taxed into oblivion is absolutely a matter of my having empathy for them. People having their lives ruined by mediocre people who hold positions of power and are instituting draconian measures under the guise of safety relative to Covid is not funny to me at all and I’m definitely not kicking them while they’re down. Quite the opposite.

Look I’m far from perfect but as a rule, sticking up for people who can’t effectively stick up for themselves, and putting bullies in their place is kind of what I do. Always have. Let some drunk jackass start some shit with anybody from here at the 40 Watt and see how I react. I’m just saying that I don’t blame people for wanting to leave under the current conditions so as coarse as Trump’s tweet was, there are apparently a lot of Californians who agree. I’m not dumping on them or praising him. At all.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Cole Younger wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 pm
Look I’m far from perfect but as a rule, sticking up for people who can’t effectively stick up for themselves, and putting bullies in their place is kind of what I do. Always have. Let some drunk jackass start some shit with anybody from here at the 40 Watt and see how I react.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 pm
Look I’m far from perfect but as a rule, sticking up for people who can’t effectively stick up for themselves, and putting bullies in their place is kind of what I do. Always have. Let some drunk jackass start some shit with anybody from here at the 40 Watt and see how I react.
Oh not you, Cortez. I would figure you had it coming.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Guys, general question, excuse my ignorance about your process...

Why are the lines so long? I understand theres a big turnout but in the Uk, Ive never had to wait longer than two minutes to vote.

Are there not enough polling stations? Does the voting process itself take a long time?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

305 Engine wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 am

Why are the lines so long? I understand theres a big turnout but in the Uk, Ive never had to wait longer than two minutes to vote.

Are there not enough polling stations? Does the voting process itself take a long time?
Combination of the below:

(Hopefully) historic voter turnout
People voting early to avoid crowds on election day for health reasons
Other general Covid related issues
...but mostly...
Republican voter suppression tactics including, but not limited to:
Severe restrictions on voting by mail
Restrictions on number of polling places
Reduction on voting/ballot drop locations
Purging voter rolls to reduce registration
etc....

Embarrassed but glad to see people outside the US recognizing the problems. America: We're kinda fucked up right now.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Or, put another way, this is the intended result of decades of intentional bad faith conduct by the Republican Party possibly augmented by unusually high voter turnout by the standards of American presidential elections.

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:00 am
305 Engine wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 am

Combination of the below:

(Hopefully) historic voter turnout
People voting early to avoid crowds on election day for health reasons
Other general Covid related issues
...but mostly...
Republican voter suppression tactics including, but not limited to:
Severe restrictions on voting by mail
Restrictions on number of polling places
Reduction on voting/ballot drop locations
Purging voter rolls to reduce registration
etc....

Embarrassed but glad to see people outside the US recognizing the problems. America: We're kinda fucked up right now.
Yeah... I think I probably knew all this, or had at least read about it before. It's just that the cumulative effect of it all hadn't occurred to me until I saw footage of the lines and reports of how long people are waiting. America doesnt have a monopoly on bad government, but these wait times are far beyond what should be acceptable in a first world country.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Has anyone else noticed that the Dotard seems to be wearing A LOT of makeup recently?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:24 am
Early voting in Texas started today at 7am. I was in line at 640am. There were several hundred people ahead of me. By the time the polls opened there were at least another hundred behind me. I waited in line for a bit over two hours to cast my ballot. It was wonderful. Cathartic. Amazing. I've been screaming into the void and crying into my pillow for four years, but today, my opinion actually mattered. My voice was finally heard. It felt damn good to cast that ballot.
I've always found voting to be a profound, moving, even awe-inspiring event, but you're right: This year was a whole 'nother level. I did the literal "absentee ballot" once before but have mostly voted in person on election day until this year's mail in ballot hand-delivered to the ballot box at city hall. Even though the process was so much less tangible it was indeed wonderful, cathartic, amazing. I actually felt like I did SOMETHING!!! Highly recommended to one and all :) :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Has anyone else noticed that the Dotard seems to be wearing A LOT of makeup recently?

Yes.

And have you seen the clip of Trump dancing to the Village People's "YMCA" at his campaign rallies? :lol: :lol: Clueless. They're all utterly clueless. And that's before you get to Trump doing absolutely nothing to counter the view that white men can't dance. :lol: :lol:

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani argued on Tuesday that the American public deserved to see reports based off material from Hunter Biden’s laptop “even if it isn’t accurate.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/giuliani- ... t?ref=home

I think the public should also know that Rudy Giuliani fucked his 2nd Cousin. Then he married her. Then he fucked someone else and she divorced him. If the Cousin-Fucker thinks the public should be aware of information that may not be true, it shouldn't hurt to remind them of what is. IMO the first question of every TV interview should be, "When you first fucked her, were you aware she was your cousin?"

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:40 pm
Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani argued on Tuesday that the American public deserved to see reports based off material from Hunter Biden’s laptop “even if it isn’t accurate.”

I think the public should also know that Rudy Giuliani fucked his 2nd Cousin. Then he married her. Then he fucked someone else and she divorced him. If the Cousin-Fucker thinks the public should be aware of information that may not be true, it shouldn't hurt to remind them of what is. IMO the first question of every TV interview should be, "When you first fucked her, were you aware she was your cousin?"
should change name to Ghouliani

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:

In Giulani's defense, cousin fucking is legal in MANY states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_ma ... ted_States
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Flea wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:34 pm
pearlbeer wrote:

In Giulani's defense, cousin fucking is legal in MANY states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_ma ... ted_States
would said states have a reddish hue? :D

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Marrying your second cousin is legal pretty much everywhere, so far as I know. First cousin marriage is illegal in some states because those states are less than civilized. There's no sound genetic case against cousin marriage as a one-off in a large gene pool.

If you'll read that helpful link to cousin marriage laws, you'll see quite a few states make exceptions if the couple is infertile or presumed so because of age. So the laws are not so much about cousin fucking--which I think, having never considered the question before, is only illegal in Minnesota, the Dakotas, and Utah, if I read the depressing Wikipedia page on incest laws correctly--so much as cousin marriage, which in turn (if I read correctly) bolsters the case that the law is at least as much about social order (aka moralism) as it is about public health.

As for the red state/blue state thing:
A bill to repeal the ban on first-cousin marriage in Minnesota was introduced by Phyllis Kahn in 2003, but it died in committee. Republican Minority Leader Marty Seifert criticized the bill in response, saying it would "turn us into a cold Arkansas". [editor's note--you should be so lucky!] According to the University of Minnesota's The Wake, Kahn was aware the bill had little chance of passing but introduced it anyway to draw attention to the issue. She reportedly got the idea after learning that cousin marriage is an acceptable form of marriage among some cultural groups that have a strong presence in Minnesota, namely the Hmong and Somali.

In contrast, Maryland delegates Henry B. Heller and Kumar P. Barve sponsored a bill to ban first-cousin marriages in 2000. It got further than Kahn's bill, passing the House of Delegates by 82 to 46 despite most Republicans voting no, but finally died in the state senate. In response to the 2005 marriage of Pennsylvanian first cousins Eleanor Amrhein and Donald W. Andrews Sr. in Maryland, Heller said that he might resurrect the bill because such marriages are "like playing genetic roulette".
You might enjoy comparing the contrasting behavior of Democrats and Republicans in those two states, where their positions are reversed.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

pearlbeer wrote:

Who knew Rudy Giuliani and Jerry Lee Lewis would turn out to have so much in common?

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

"Seven Years in Michigan"

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

"With or without the vaccines, we’re rounding the turn.”

how can this guy say shit like this w/ a straight face?

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

One week.

One. Week.

It's been a long four years. It's been a fucking long year.

Is it going to be okay? Someone tell me it's all going to be okay.