The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Cole Younger »

Chuck I’m not trying to be obtuse so don’t take this that way, but when you ask what conservatives want, what do you mean specifically? I’m just trying to keep from telling you a bunch of things you don’t care about and from answering questions you aren’t asking. Want in regard to what?
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:39 pm
I do better when I don’t look at the speaker and instead just listen as far as being able to really focus on what they are saying.
They say that in the first televised presidential debate in 1960, Nixon won according to the radio listeners and Kennedy won according to the TV viewers.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:14 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
I do better when I don’t look at the speaker and instead just listen as far as being able to really focus on what they are saying.
They say that in the first televised presidential debate in 1960, Nixon won according to the radio listeners and Kennedy won according to the TV viewers.

Who are "they"?
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Flea wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:14 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

Who are "they"?
Ty Burr, Globe Staff, wrote:“Who’s ‘they?’,’’ responds Mudhead, to which Peorgie says, “You know — them.’’ The paranoia is all-encompassing, worthy of Beckett, Kafka, and other great pessimists, and it reaches to the highest places in the land. As the politician says in the campaign ad that whizzes past your ears at one point, “I’m always right . . . and I never lie.’’ Sound familiar?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Cole Younger wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:05 pm
Chuck I’m not trying to be obtuse so don’t take this that way, but when you ask what conservatives want, what do you mean specifically? I’m just trying to keep from telling you a bunch of things you don’t care about and from answering questions you aren’t asking. Want in regard to what?
I'm going to think about this before replying. Not trying to pick any fights & don't want to write something that comes out wrong. Things can get a bit fuzzy with extreme sleep depravation. Last IV has worn off (next one Tuesday) & I haven't been getting more than 2 hours in a row lately which is bad. I never get much but when it gets to that level things start getting a bit surreal.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I'm kind of surprised Trump's mention of Hunter Biden's drug use isn't getting more play.
I had zero doubt about the piece of shit DT is so I wasn't surprised, but it still does shock me a little that 40% of the country doesn't care.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

jr29 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm
I'm kind of surprised Trump's mention of Hunter Biden's drug use isn't getting more play.
I had zero doubt about the piece of shit DT is so I wasn't surprised, but it still does shock me a little that 40% of the country doesn't care.
More care than you think. They just don’t care as much about that as they do other aspects of the two choices in front of them.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:19 pm
jr29 wrote:
More care than you think. They just don’t care as much about that as they do other aspects of the two choices in front of them.
My primary concern from the word go with Trump was that civil discourse and decency would suffer irreparable damage. Comments like that are exactly what I had in mind.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

jr29 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:52 pm
Cole Younger wrote:
jr29 wrote:
My primary concern from the word go with Trump was that civil discourse and decency would suffer irreparable damage. Comments like that are exactly what I had in mind.
I don’t like it either and Orange Man is an ass but what you’re talking about didn’t start with him.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:05 pm
jr29 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:52 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

I don’t like it either and Orange Man is an ass but what you’re talking about didn’t start with him.
What President of the United States has ever talked about people the way he does ?

Biden had the decency to release a nice statement when Trump's brother died. Trump wouldn't even acknowledge that Beau Biden existed.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Man our politicians used to have duels and fight in chamber. And far back in these thousands of pages of this thread we’ve talked about the utter lack of civility years before Orange Man. At this point I sound like I’m defending him. I’m not and thought his comment about Biden’s son’s drug problem was out of bounds and he shouldn’t have done it. On the other hand I find Biden’s standing on his other son’s shoulders and using the man’s service as some sort of cred for him by proxy pretty obnoxious.

Orange Man is wrong for what he said. But nobody getting steamed up over it cared when there were awful things being said about his son Barron so I take it with a grain of salt.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Cole Younger wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Man our politicians used to have duels and fight in chamber. And far back in these thousands of pages of this thread we’ve talked about the utter lack of civility years before Orange Man. At this point I sound like I’m defending him. I’m not and thought his comment about Biden’s son’s drug problem was out of bounds and he shouldn’t have done it. On the other hand I find Biden’s standing on his other son’s shoulders and using the man’s service as some sort of cred for him by proxy pretty obnoxious.

Orange Man is wrong for what he said. But nobody getting steamed up over it cared when there were awful things being said about his son Barron so I take it with a grain of salt.
I almost specified post Civil War and I should have.

Chelsea Clinton stood up for Barron and as far as I know Biden hasn't said a word about him.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

jr29 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

I almost specified post Civil War and I should have.

Chelsea Clinton stood up for Barron and as far as I know Biden hasn't said a word about him.
And I should have added that Biden didn’t do that.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cole Younger wrote:

...nobody getting steamed up over it cared when there were awful things being said about his son Barron so I take it with a grain of salt.
There is an incredibly funny yet un-PC and reprehensible riposte here. For once, I'll let everyone use their imaginations.
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:

I think that any comments about Barron (or any President's children) is completely out of bounds. Whatever people said about Barron is unacceptable
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:25 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

I think that any comments about Barron (or any President's children) is completely out of bounds. Whatever people said about Barron is unacceptable
Right. I didn’t mean anybody here.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Flea wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:41 pm
Cole Younger wrote:

...nobody getting steamed up over it cared when there were awful things being said about his son Barron so I take it with a grain of salt.
There is an incredibly funny yet un-PC and reprehensible riposte here. For once, I'll let everyone use their imaginations.
PM me, I’ll probably think it’s funny.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:03 am
Trump has COVID19. Not fake news!
Lots of speculation that it is indeed fake news. Though I can't imagine Trump would unnecessarily sideline himself in the homestretch of the election.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:19 am
chuckrh wrote:
Lots of speculation that it is indeed fake news. Though I can't imagine Trump would unnecessarily sideline himself in the homestretch of the election.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Clams wrote:
chuckrh wrote:
Last ditch sympathy ploy knowing he is getting clobbered? Can't take anything off the table with this lunatic.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Clams wrote:
chuckrh wrote:
I could see him doing that, especially if he thinks there's a good chance he loses. He can use this as an excuse as to why he lost.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Next two weeks will be 24/7 "Trump COVID watch", meaning the media is no longer talking about the bad jobs report, tax evasion, debate protocol, lagging poll numbers, etc., etc, etc
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It seems to me that the real take away here is that all these thoughts, perspectives, rumors, theories, musings and speculation about conspiracies of all sorts are out there in multiplying numbers from all corners of the political spectrum. All of them have to be considered. Nobody knows anything for sure. This is Trump's true legacy and I truly wonder whether the country can ever recover. This sort of outlook, this kind of reaction to just about any kind of news has become the new normal but folks, it's not fucking normal!!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

I saw Trump looking as unhappy as I've ever seen him look, and I briefly felt a tiny twinge of sympathy. Remember that SNL ski where Cecily Strong as Stormy Daniels said, "I just wanted to be on Celebrity Apprentice!"? He just wanted to be president and rake in a little money on the side. It was supposed to be like all the other gigs that turned out to be within his grasp. He never expected it to turn out like this. And here he is, whatever the truth of anything may be, fucked. Permanently fucked. Screwed blued and tattooed. It's like The Producers, but as a tragedy.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:05 pm
I saw Trump looking as unhappy as I've ever seen him look, and I briefly felt a tiny twinge of sympathy. Remember that SNL ski where Cecily Strong as Stormy Daniels said, "I just wanted to be on Celebrity Apprentice!"? He just wanted to be president and rake in a little money on the side. It was supposed to be like all the other gigs that turned out to be within his grasp. He never expected it to turn out like this. And here he is, whatever the truth of anything may be, fucked. Permanently fucked. Screwed blued and tattooed. It's like The Producers, but as a tragedy.

John A Arkansawyer

chuckrh wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 pm
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:05 pm
What I suspect those two, Mel Brooks, Donald Trump, and I all share is a grudge against those well-dressed dumbshits in that particular audience. What at least some of us all share is we had it coming to us. Those two sure did. And I guess we all lack our share of gravitas, which makes tragedy a hard sell.

ETA: I mean, just look at Zero Mostel pointing with his middle finger.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink

This NC "scandal" may be the last straw for me. No, I take that back, this last week has been one big last straw. But anyway, is it a REQUIREMENT that you be stupid at a historic level to run for office? What is wrong w/ these people? Do they think they're exempt from the way the world works these days? Do they not know how the world works? Do they just not care? I couldn't care less about this guy, I care a casual/typical amount about the results of a Senate election in a state far removed from me, but for goodness sake, the guy is playing w/ a potential change in the Senate majority!! He has no fucking right to pull this shit.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:29 am

This NC "scandal" may be the last straw for me. No, I take that back, this last week has been one big last straw. But anyway, is it a REQUIREMENT that you be stupid at a historic level to run for office? What is wrong w/ these people? Do they think they're exempt from the way the world works these days? Do they not know how the world works? Do they just not care? I couldn't care less about this guy, I care a casual/typical amount about the results of a Senate election in a state far removed from me, but for goodness sake, the guy is playing w/ a potential change in the Senate majority!! He has no fucking right to pull this shit.

What happened, bubba? I missed this.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cole Younger wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:45 am
What happened, bubba? I missed this.
sexting w/ a staffer. I think it was consensual, don't know if it was part of a physical affair or not.