The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by cortez the killer »

As your Connecticut neighbor, I'm not too far away. I guess I'll just have to settle for that.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

For the record, one can be happy about the way their particular political leader is handling the pandemic situation while also disagreeing with them about many (or most) other things

I think Governor Mike DeWine (here in Ohio) has been a model of leadership and forward thinking around COVID-19

I also think Governor Mike DeWine is a twit with terrible political ideas, and I can't wait for the chance to vote him out of office

So I don't see the need to remind people who are praising Cuomo's handling of the virus that Cuomo has faults. Of course he does. One, however, does not preclude the other
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:For the record, one can be happy about the way their particular political leader is handling the pandemic situation while also disagreeing with them about many (or most) other things

I think Governor Mike DeWine (here in Ohio) has been a model of leadership and forward thinking around COVID-19

I also think Governor Mike DeWine is a twit with terrible political ideas, and I can't wait for the chance to vote him out of office

So I don't see the need to remind people who are praising Cuomo's handling of the virus that Cuomo has faults. Of course he does. One, however, does not preclude the other
But the X factor here, which I think is one of howlinwolf's concerns, is the number of people who might be expected to have a negative view towards Governor Y but will now vote for him because of their positive view of how Y is handling this crisis. As indicated in my post above I think this is a very real phenomenon. Whether it's good or bad is another question entirely lol.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

The United States of Westeros: CA,OR,WA,HI,AK,CO & NV. Sort of a nice ring to it....

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

chuckrh wrote:The United States of Westeros: CA,OR,WA,HI,AK,CO & NV. Sort of a nice ring to it....
Definitely got the best of all the weed with that lineup. 8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

bovine knievel wrote:
chuckrh wrote:The United States of Westeros: CA,OR,WA,HI,AK,CO & NV. Sort of a nice ring to it....
your point being.... :D

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

chuckrh wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:
your point being.... :D
Nevada covers the hookers. :lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

"Liberate Michigan!" Liberate Minnesota!" "Liberate Virginia!"

Well, I will give him credit for creating grist for 1,000 graduate theses. Other than that the man has managed to turn his presidency, and with it the country, into a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

This seems to be a call to insurrection. Essentially, he is urging his followers to start a very uncivil war to topple state governments. The problem is it's hard to know exactly what the sides are.

The bar gets lower, the stupid gets higher and the future of the country becomes more uncertain every day. I really, really, really don't want to see this country fail and fall at the hands of a moron who has no clue what he's actually doing while pursuing re-election at all costs. How anyone not in his family or at the business end of his largess can support this clown is incomprehensible to me.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

But, bubbs, he's owning the libtards. Like, totally dominating them. Also, guns. Also, abortion. Also, judges. Also, small government. Also, lower taxes. Also, gutting the welfare state. Also, keeping dangerous "others" out. Also, putting 'Murica first. Also, the economy, stupid. Also, projecting strength. Also, defeating Isis. Also, draining the swamp. Also, prayer. Also, cool memes like this:
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Trump's showing an uglier side of himself by the day.

If he actually wins this election, I will be deeply shocked and in total grief for what our country has become. how can anyone support this troglodyte?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:Trump's showing an uglier side of himself by the day.

If he actually wins this election, I will be deeply shocked and in total grief for what our country has become. how can anyone support this troglodyte?
because our country is full of assholes, and he is their king.

tinnitus photography

i refuse to believe that and hope i am not proven wrong.

then again, my mom is a Trump supporter. :cry:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:i refuse to believe that and hope i am not proven wrong.

Don’t you live in the epicenter of the Massholes? :lol:

tinnitus photography

Zip City wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:i refuse to believe that and hope i am not proven wrong.

Don’t you live in the epicenter of the Massholes? :lol:
it might be hard to believe but i don't live in my mom's basement.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:Image
:lol:

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

beantownbubba wrote:
LBRod wrote:Image
:lol:
I'll drink to that, I have some aged pine-sol.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Irony: As I was running this morning, I carefully dodged two guys in the road to maintain a six feet distance, and then immediately ran past a sign that read, "Keep America Great Again! 2020!"

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

tinnitus photography wrote:Trump's showing an uglier side of himself by the day.

I’m actually more terrified of what happens if he loses. It will be the literal end of the current form of our government when he refuses to accept the results and leave the White House.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Got a letter from Trump today. I'm all stimulated & shit. MAGA!!!!! ......heavy dose of sarcasm included here.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Iowan wrote:

I’m actually more terrified of what happens if he loses. It will be the literal end of the current form of our government when he refuses to accept the results and leave the White House.
Bill Maher has been talking about that for three years. I don't think anyone has given him a good answer when he's asked what do we do when he doesn't leave.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I suspect when the next wave hits he's going to declare war on someone (Iran seems most likely, the propaganda machine is already running heavy). Nothing like a good war to stimulate the economy. Then he will try to suspend the election because he is a war time president. That's when all hell breaks loose. I wonder how many of those idiots in Michigan would be willing to enlist. I'd bet not a lot. We don't know the extent of the damage to Iran COVID-19 has done but awhile back there were satellite photos of mass graves you could see from space. I'm not pro Iran or anything but a war with them would be ugly. I'm sure Israel & Saudi Arabia would be pleased as punch. Worse comes to worse, its China & that would be WW3. North Korea is a possible target, too but they really aren't significant players. Unless they've developed their atomics. Then I'm at ground zero for the US because of Seattle's proximity. Too much time to study & think lately!

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Iowan wrote:

I actually just read a book about that kind of thing. In 1979 Ray Blanton, a democrat, was the governor of Tennessee and he was in the midst of a pardon scandal. He was a few weeks away from stepping out of office and handing the reigns over to Lamar Alexander but before he did he started pardoning convicted murderers. There were gigantic concerns about how far he would take it (including a possible pardon of James Earl Ray). A few days before Alexander's inauguration a group of officials got together and decided to carry out a coup. Alexander, a republican, only agreed after the top two democrats in the state, Ned McWherter and John Wilder, let him know that they would support and take part in the ousting of Blanton. Alexander was sworn in several days early and he went on to have very productive relationships with McWherter and Wilder.
It's not exactly what we'd be dealing with if Trump won't leave, but it does offer a bit of a precedent.

Fun fact... Myself, Buford Pusser and Ray Blanton are all from the same little town in west Tennessee.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Iowan wrote:
Not necessarily. But man! Has Trump got people dicked. Scared if he wins, scared if he loses, scared enough to say "Any Blue Will Do!" and prove it by picking Old Dead Joe as the nominee, too scared to face a credible sexual assault accusation against him, scared of anything but waking up and saying "What a terrible dream! Thank goodness we're back to normal!" A normal which sucked, a fact the increasing suckiness of the present masks like shitty hot sauce on meat gone bad. Things were badly fucked and the situation now is uncertain enough that things might, just maybe, allow for some improvement, some of the Goliaths of our day being slayed.

To quote the man who wrote "Helter Skelter": And what's wrong with that? I'd like to know.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Not necessarily. But man! Has Trump got people dicked. Scared if he wins, scared if he loses, scared enough to say "Any Blue Will Do!" and prove it by picking Old Dead Joe as the nominee, too scared to face a credible sexual assault accusation against him, scared of anything but waking up and saying "What a terrible dream! Thank goodness we're back to normal!" A normal which sucked, a fact the increasing suckiness of the present masks like shitty hot sauce on meat gone bad. Things were badly fucked and the situation now is uncertain enough that things might, just maybe, allow for some improvement, some of the Goliaths of our day being slayed.

To quote the man who wrote "Helter Skelter": And what's wrong with that? I'd like to know.
Our best hope as a country was Bernie Saunders. Clearly the system is broken most likely beyond repair. Greed has made the country a failed experiment. Bernie was the only 1 of those guys who has stayed consistent with his vision over his career & his ideas were good. He scared the crap out of the powers that be. The democrats were never going to allow him the chance to face Trump. Biden is owned by the big banks & Wall St. Might as well be a republican. We're getting plenty of proof about 1 thing Bernie was talking about: the health care system. It's in shambles now & God help you if you need help that isn't virus related. I am living that nightmare now. With my RA, I need constant attention & it has been extremely difficult to get treatment or even see a doctor. After a month of jumping through hoops I finally started a new chemo type therapy as the one I was doing just made me really sick & didn't help. I can barely walk now. I'm in load in phase, so the next month is going to be rugged. Hopefully I'll get some relief & slow the damage down again. More damage is done though. One aspect I'm lucky though. The doctors had been after me for 5 years to use my long term disability insurance & I finally did last summer so I dodged the layoff bullet. I can't even imagine trying to find a new job at this point & dealing with unemployment. My former employer is reducing the work force by 15% & even though I had seniority I most likely would've been fucked. Since I was considered "management" they could do anything they wanted. Definition of management= they managed not to pay my position overtime. Our beloved corporate overlords have been running amok & will continue to do so no matter what way the election goes. The only slight hope is Biden's assault problems prove to be insurmountable & the democrats are forced to go with Bernie. I don't think they'll let that happen though.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

chuckrh wrote:Our best hope as a country was Bernie Saunders. Clearly the system is broken most likely beyond repair...The only slight hope is Biden's assault problems prove to be insurmountable & the democrats are forced to go with Bernie. I don't think they'll let that happen though.
They definitely won't let Bernie near power. He's dangerous to the major donor class. But I am taking as many suckers as I can betting that Biden will not be the nominee come Election Day. Death or disability, turning down the nomination or caught in bed with a live financial instrument and a dead baby shark, whatever, he's not there.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

tinnitus photography

there was a local band called The Amazing Mudshark and it took me a while to understand their name. i hadn't heard that story back then.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:there was a local band called The Amazing Mudshark and it took me a while to understand their name. i hadn't heard that story back then.
The Edgewater Hotel is still open in Seattle. I'm not sure if they still let people fish from the rooms though. I snuck into the cocktail lounge when I was 17 & got drunk with Eddie Van Halen. A friend was sloppy drunk & spilled a tequila sunrise on a very perturbed David Lee Roth. Ozzy was there, too. This was right around when the first VH record came out & they opened for Sabbath. This was Never Say Die tour, so Ozzy wasn't quite in the best shape to put it mildly. Then walking back to the car I saw a flash of green. I dove on it. $100 in twenties. Good times!!!!!

tinnitus photography

chuckrh wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:there was a local band called The Amazing Mudshark and it took me a while to understand their name. i hadn't heard that story back then.
The Edgewater Hotel is still open in Seattle. I'm not sure if they still let people fish from the rooms though. I snuck into the cocktail lounge when I was 17 & got drunk with Eddie Van Halen. A friend was sloppy drunk & spilled a tequila sunrise on a very perturbed David Lee Roth. Ozzy was there, too. This was right around when the first VH record came out & they opened for Sabbath. This was Never Say Die tour, so Ozzy wasn't quite in the best shape to put it mildly. Then walking back to the car I saw a flash of green. I dove on it. $100 in twenties. Good times!!!!!
8-)

cool story, chuck!

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

tinnitus photography wrote:
cool story, chuck!
It truly is. Definitely the most fun thing I'm gonna read about on the internets today.
Let the outside air in