The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by Swamp »

Entertainment then?
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Swamp wrote:Entertainment then?
Been doing just that for years.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Iowan

Re: Trump's believe it or not

Post by Iowan »

Swamp wrote:Does anybody really believe the senate will find him guilty? Total waste of time and money.
They have to at least set the precedent that it's not ok for the President to extort other countries for election dirt. Just like they had to set the precedent in 1998 that it's not ok to lie under oath, even though everyone knew the Senate wouldn't remove the President, and even if he was only lying about getting a blow job.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:
Wolf wrote:go Donnie! 8-)
I know you're just a giant troll, but it still makes me marvel that a proud Marine such as yourself can so happily support a President who happily shits all over decorated military veterans
I'm continuously relieved at how few of my friends that are currently or formerly in the military like Trump. I know a couple, but among my veteran friends I'd say about 75% are anti-Trump, and many of them are Republicans.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Wolf wrote:go Donnie! 8-)
I know you're just a giant troll, but it still makes me marvel that a proud Marine such as yourself can so happily support a President who happily shits all over decorated military veterans
I'm continuously relieved at how few of my friends that are currently or formerly in the military like Trump. I know a couple, but among my veteran friends I'd say about 75% are anti-Trump, and many of them are Republicans.
That's encouraging.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

He's no Bob:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Add Paul Krugman to the list of folks that are just worn the fuck out. This is a tragically well written piece.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/12/opin ... e=Homepage
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:Add Paul Krugman to the list of folks that are just worn the fuck out. This is a tragically well written piece.

Yeah this gets to the heart of things. It is one version of the answer to the question I've been asking myself constantly these past few days: Does it even matter if we* win?

As is almost always the case it's not the biggest thing that has the most crystallizing effect. The very idea that the usual 40% +/- was willing to line up even behind a president who for no reason other than jealousy and wounded ego attacked a 16 year old girl on the internet brings home how low we've sunk. This happened more or less simultaneously w/ trump paying a $2 Million fine for multiple counts of robbing his own charity, which did not cause even a ripple in the news cycle. Krugman is absolutely right, this kind of thing is depraved; it indicates a complete absence of common ground on the most basic level of human decency and that's before we even get to any substance like the refusal to believe reality re climate science among other things. Where is this thing called "the country"? How do we find it? Save it? Make it work for our mutual life, liberty and pursuit of happiness? I don't see it right now.

*For current purposes let's say "we" = any current Democratic presidential candidate.

Edited to fix typo
Last edited by beantownbubba on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And lo and behold, right on time there's Michelle Goldberg in the NYT calling what we're describing "democracy grief." I personally prefer pearlbeer's malaise but i suspect democracy grief has a better chance of catching on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/13/opin ... pbJjTP9Cc0

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:Where is this thing called "they country"? How do we find it? Save it?

Country Gone!
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:Add Paul Krugman to the list of folks that are just worn the fuck out. This is a tragically well written piece.

We are all well and truly fucked. The Tangerine Twatwaffle is going to be reelected. Bring your own KY, the Republicans view this as a non-lubed event.
Now it's dark.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Flea wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
We are all well and truly fucked. The Tangerine Twatwaffle is going to be reelected. Bring your own KY, the Republicans view this as a non-lubed event.
5 more years is all. y'alls TDS will go away then you can breath again. but y'all gon need therapy cuz another repub will follow donnie. :)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wolf wrote:
Flea wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
5 more years is all. y'alls TDS will go away then you can breath again. but y'all gon need therapy cuz another repub will follow donnie. :)
Maybe you can answer the questions people have asked you instead of acting like a ten year old troll
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Of the 5 vetrens I see on a regular basis, only one is anti-trump and it's not the black or gay one.
Splain this?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:
If Trump wins a second term, I do not believe he will be followed by a Republican. Nor do I think he will be followed by a Democrat. If Trump wins it will be in the same way he won in 2016: A combination of election manipulation, losing the popular vote and winning the electoral college because of the over-representation of states that support Trump. If that happens I don't think this country will make it to 2024 in recognizable form.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The White House's official statement on Trump's tweet about Greta Thunberg, aka the day the country lost its soul:

"“BeBest is the First Lady’s initiative, and she will continue to use it to do all she can to help children. It is no secret that the President and First Lady often communicate differently — as most married couples do. Their son is not an activist who travels the globe giving speeches. "

This is not about politics. This is about the collapse of anything remotely resembling decency and humanity in the White house and all of Trump's followers who believe his tweet and this response is acceptable.

SMH :cry: :cry:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:The White House's official statement on Trump's tweet about Greta Thunberg, aka the day the country lost its soul:

"“BeBest is the First Lady’s initiative, and she will continue to use it to do all she can to help children. It is no secret that the President and First Lady often communicate differently — as most married couples do. Their son is not an activist who travels the globe giving speeches. "

This is not about politics. This is about the collapse of anything remotely resembling decency and humanity in the White house and all of Trump's followers who believe his tweet and this response is acceptable.

SMH :cry: :cry:
And the Wolf's of the world happily cheer him on

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

:D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Sad

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

good ol' Wolf, owning the libtards.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:good ol' Wolf, owning the libtards.
I don't know how I'll ever recover.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/17/us/p ... hment.html

It's official...we won't see a fair trial in the Senate, or anything close... (surprise!) At this point I guess you do have to admire the chutzpah of the Modern Republicans. They are now pretty upfront about things. "Yeah, we lie, cheat and steal. What are you gonna do about it?"

I suppose when the party has been pushed to the brink and embraced Trump, they might as well go all-in. It's depressing, but at least the wolf is out of the sheeps clothing. They have no moral ground to fall upon any longer. Family values, Jesus, Constitution, Religious Freedom...they don't give a ratsass about any of that, and it's abundantly clear. Retain power at all costs, and if the cost are too high, fuck the costs, burn it down.

Fuck Trump.

John A Arkansawyer

pearlbeer wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/17/us/p ... hment.html

It's official...we won't see a fair trial in the Senate, or anything close... (surprise!) At this point I guess you do have to admire the chutzpah of the Modern Republicans. They are now pretty upfront about things. "Yeah, we lie, cheat and steal. What are you gonna do about it?"
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Holy crap. Check out Trump's letter. He should be impeached for poor grammar.

Seriously, not only is this letter full of crazed conspiracy theories, and schoolyard threats, tantrums and bullying, but it is just really poorly written. I mean, the POTUS should/does have access to some of the best speechwriters in the business. Looks like this letter was penned by Trump and maybe proofed by Miller. Content aside, it is just an embarrassing document to be officially released by the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/politics ... index.html

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Bush, Cheney, Obama & Biden are rooks!
Who fills the empty podiums?
And what if Biden is nominated?

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Trump will win

John A Arkansawyer

Wolf wrote:Trump will win
He's still the favorite, just like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton were four years ago today. Once the Democrats narrow down the field, we'll see how it goes.

ETA:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Since I have occasionally commented on "the Jewish perspective," or at least one Jew's perspective, on political events here, I thought it worth a minute to comment, as a Jewish person, on Bret Stephens' recent controversial column about Jewish intelligence. In brief, I think the piece is incorrect, poorly written and worse reasoned and a mistake from beginning to end. The study he quotes has been debunked numerous times and one of its co-authors is a well known white nationalist. Worst of all Stephens' categorizations and conclusions are dangerous because they play into some of the worst assumptions and stereotypes underlying anti-semitism. As somebody posted somewhere, the very existence of this column proves that Stephens is wrong because only an idiot could have written something like this.

I should note that the Times and Stephens eventually "corrected" and withdrew most of the worst excesses of the column but as they say, it is what it is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/opin ... us-iq.html

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:Since I have occasionally commented on "the Jewish perspective," or at least one Jew's perspective, on political events here, I thought it worth a minute to comment, as a Jewish person, on Bret Stephens' recent controversial column about Jewish intelligence.
With friends like that, who needs enemas?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The NY Times op-ed page is a cesspool