The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Amazing how the Dems play into Trump's hands every single time.
They're playing to their strength: Losing. Just look at how Ms. Most Qualified thoughtfully gave Tulsi Gabbard a huge boost in fundraising this week.
I haven't followed that in any detail because I am completely sick of Clinton and just don't want her on my radar anymore but from a distance it seems both pathetic and predictable. And as you say, symptomatic of a losing mindset/approach.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

25 members of Congress, all allegedly sentient adults, stormed and disrupted a Congressional hearing today. If the SDS taking over the Columbia administration building in 1968 was the end of society as we know it, what are we to make of elected government officials essentially attempting to overthrow Congress? My stomach is literally in knots. Essentially these Republicans have declared by their actions that they do not believe in our system of government. That the group includes Mo Brooks, one of this country's most despicable human beings, is a pretty good clue that this is a disaster unfolding in real time, the consequences of which will not be good and may be catastrophic. I'm convinced these assholes actually hate our country.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:25 members of Congress, all allegedly sentient adults, stormed and disrupted a Congressional hearing today. If the SDS taking over the Columbia administration building in 1968 was the end of society as we know it, what are we to make of elected government officials essentially attempting to overthrow Congress? My stomach is literally in knots. Essentially these Republicans have declared by their actions that they do not believe in our system of government. That the group includes Mo Brooks, one of this country's most despicable human beings, is a pretty good clue that this is a disaster unfolding in real time, the consequences of which will not be good and may be catastrophic. I'm convinced these assholes actually hate our country.
But, in their defense, the Republicans were about as moral and straightlaced as they come prior to losing the House. I can't seem to recall anything out of the ordinary during events like Lewinsky, Benghazi, But Her Emails, etc. One can only hope after this kangaroo court concludes we can return to the trustworthy, stalwart leadership from fine men like Trey Gowdy, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Jordan.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:25 members of Congress, all allegedly sentient adults, stormed and disrupted a Congressional hearing today. If the SDS taking over the Columbia administration building in 1968 was the end of society as we know it, what are we to make of elected government officials essentially attempting to overthrow Congress? My stomach is literally in knots. Essentially these Republicans have declared by their actions that they do not believe in our system of government. That the group includes Mo Brooks, one of this country's most despicable human beings, is a pretty good clue that this is a disaster unfolding in real time, the consequences of which will not be good and may be catastrophic. I'm convinced these assholes actually hate our country.
This is a wonderful example to bring up should you ever find yourself in a an argument with someone who claims that Trump is an aberration. Nope, there are a LOT of Trump-esque Republicans in powerful positions, and Trump's behavior has given them all permission to unleash their inner asshole
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

pearlbeer wrote:
But, in their defense, the Republicans were about as moral and straightlaced as they come prior to losing the House. I can't seem to recall anything out of the ordinary during events like Lewinsky, Benghazi, But Her Emails, etc. One can only hope after this kangaroo court concludes we can return to the trustworthy, stalwart leadership from fine men like Trey Gowdy, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Jordan.
Don't leave out this patriot :roll:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

and New Mexico will pay for it :roll: :roll: :roll:

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/25/us/p ... -2019.html

The Federal Deficit swelled by 26% this fiscal year.

I'm shocked that the Republican Tax Cuts didn't pay out like they promised, said no one, ever.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/25/us/p ... -2019.html

The Federal Deficit swelled by 26% this fiscal year.

I'm shocked that the Republican Tax Cuts didn't pay out like they promised, said no one, ever.
Authority without being forced to take responsibility is a gross corruption of the fundamental principles of democracy but it’s where we’re at. To quote (more or less) the great Walt Kelly, “”I have met the enemy and it is us.”

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Deficits only matter when a Democrat is president

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:Deficits only matter when a Democrat is president
same with laws and decorum

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
And tan suits and shoulder baring blouses.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
And Dijon mustard

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

And Dijon mustard
wasn't arugula a minor Obama scandal?

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

This is a well written OpEd by Aaron Sorkin calling on Zuckerberg to take more responsibility in his business. The issues that Mr. Sorkin describes in the letter are identical to many of the reasons why I left Facebook and deleted the App. I haven't regretted my decision at all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/opin ... e=Homepage

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

pearlbeer wrote:This is a well written OpEd by Aaron Sorkin calling on Zuckerberg to take more responsibility in his business. The issues that Mr. Sorkin describes in the letter are identical to many of the reasons why I left Facebook and deleted the App. I haven't regretted my decision at all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/opin ... e=Homepage
Ironic. I could not read this article without logging in through facebook.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I was thinking last night, and I find it pretty interesting that this usually busy thread has gone largely dormant for the past month or so. Particularly in light of the historical circumstances that we find ourselves in today.

I'm certainly accountable for not posting as much, and I'm not sure I know why. I'm certain that I'm just as angry/scared/mad as hell as I've ever been, but I suppose I'm just, well, worn out. Three years of this shit takes a toll on a man's body and mind (not to mention liver). Oddly, this disconnection is seemingly coming at what is certainly a historic moment for our nation. As a politics nerd/history buff/engaged voter it would seem I'd feel a bit different, maybe more energized and interested given the current news and public debate. But my bullshit bucket overflowed a long time ago.

It's also just all so fucking depressing. I'm honestly not trying to be hyperbolic here, but I do think our Democracy is at stake...at least as we know it. It's depressing to think that we really are going to let our elected officials get away with High Crimes. It's depressing to think about the lack of urgency surrounding Foreign influence. It's humiliating to bear witness to the broad decline of intellectual debate. It sucks to have to think about my small children being forced to deal with the ramifications of this shit in a decade or so.

I don't know. That is how I feel. I'd like to say it feels better getting that off my chest, but it doesn't. I suppose we all need to slog along in these times together, and for anyone else out there that might feel like me...I'm with you brother/sister.

Also..Fuck Trump.

Flea

Post by Flea »

pearlbeer wrote:I was thinking last night, and I find it pretty interesting that this usually busy thread has gone largely dormant for the past month or so. Particularly in light of the historical circumstances that we find ourselves in today.

I'm certainly accountable for not posting as much, and I'm not sure I know why. I'm certain that I'm just as angry/scared/mad as hell as I've ever been, but I suppose I'm just, well, worn out. Three years of this shit takes a toll on a man's body and mind (not to mention liver). Oddly, this disconnection is seemingly coming at what is certainly a historic moment for our nation. As a politics nerd/history buff/engaged voter it would seem I'd feel a bit different, maybe more energized and interested given the current news and public debate. But my bullshit bucket overflowed a long time ago.

It's also just all so fucking depressing. I'm honestly not trying to be hyperbolic here, but I do think our Democracy is at stake...at least as we know it. It's depressing to think that we really are going to let our elected officials get away with High Crimes. It's depressing to think about the lack of urgency surrounding Foreign influence. It's humiliating to bear witness to the broad decline of intellectual debate. It sucks to have to think about my small children being forced to deal with the ramifications of this shit in a decade or so.

I don't know. That is how I feel. I'd like to say it feels better getting that off my chest, but it doesn't. I suppose we all need to slog along in these times together, and for anyone else out there that might feel like me...I'm with you brother/sister.

Also..Fuck Trump.
I've been experiencing the same emotions. Being pissed all the time takes a mental toll. And then there is the overwhelming sense of inevitable despair in KNOWING that 1/3 of the people I meet are OK with this shit. I need my tribe. February can't get here quickly enough.
Now it's dark.

scotto

Post by scotto »

I agree with being worn out. I've been a news/political junkie most of my life, read as much commentary as I could find, and valued keeping up with all the players and events. Now it's all I can do to force myself to check in to a few news sites everyday.
Yes, fuck Trump. But most of all, fuck the enablers.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I've followed the impeachment hearings pretty closely, and my exhaustion today is based on how fucking repetitive they are. Every day it's the same people with the same talking points over and over ad nauseum.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Conserve your energy, folks. It's going to be a long five years.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Swamp

Trump's believe it or not

Post by Swamp »

Does anybody really believe the senate will find him guilty? Total waste of time and money.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

go Donnie! 8-)

Zip City

Re: Trump's believe it or not

Post by Zip City »

Swamp wrote:Does anybody really believe the senate will find him guilty? Total waste of time and money.
No, but to me, that’s not the point.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wolf wrote:go Donnie! 8-)
I know you're just a giant troll, but it still makes me marvel that a proud Marine such as yourself can so happily support a President who happily shits all over decorated military veterans

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:I was thinking last night, and I find it pretty interesting that this usually busy thread has gone largely dormant for the past month or so. Particularly in light of the historical circumstances that we find ourselves in today.

Flea wrote:February can't get here quickly enough.
scotto wrote:fuck the enablers
I support these messages.

Also..Fuck Trump.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote:Does anybody really believe the senate will find him guilty? Total waste of time and money.
No, nobody believes the Senate will convict Trump. That as part of the cause of "pearlbeer's malaise" a newly recognized medical condition. But as zip says, that's not the point.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:go Donnie! 8-)
I know you have no intention of contributing seriously here but I'll take the opportunity to ask again for your valuable perspective on issues of particular importance and meaning to veterans. I'm thinking of the "Navy SEAL" thread I tried to start but there are others as well.

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:Conserve your energy, folks. It's going to be a long five years.
Thanks Rod, NOW I'm suicidal. Way to go buddy!
Now it's dark.