The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by pearlbeer »

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I love you and I hate you, all at once.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

online I saw this referred to as the White Trash Mount Rushmore

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm tired of the winning.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

John A Arkansawyer

brett27295 wrote:Ok, I'll admit it. I'm tired of the winning.
Been won so long it feels like lost to me.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

The Flynn evidence is piling up. Even the Rs are saying he likely took illegal foreign payments (and failed to disclose). For a party that is fond of 'Red Lines' and 'Tough Language', they sure are short on action. But, it is becoming increasingly hard to avoid: failure to disclose foreign payments while acting as a representative of the state is serious stuff. For all his tough, military posturing, I bet Flynn would sing like a bird if faced with jail time. Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

These aren’t simple bookkeeping errors on Mr. Flynn’s part: Failure to disclose foreign payments is a federal offense that carries a potential five-year prison term. Richard Painter, White House ethics lawyer during the George W. Bush administration, wrote on Twitter: “US House must subpoena the docs. If no compliance, impeach. Zero tolerance for WH covering up foreign payoffs.”

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Just read that the old Goat Fucker himself, Roy Moore, is running for Session's seat in Alabama. This makes me happy in a sick and twisted way because it gives Cooley another reason to rant!
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

whatwouldcooleydo?

pearlbeer wrote:
These aren’t simple bookkeeping errors on Mr. Flynn’s part: Failure to disclose foreign payments is a federal offense that carries a potential five-year prison term. Richard Painter, White House ethics lawyer during the George W. Bush administration, wrote on Twitter: “US House must subpoena the docs. If no compliance, impeach. Zero tolerance for WH covering up foreign payoffs.”

Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer

And then there's this:

I've spared you the official video. I'm glad I saw it. I wish I hadn't had to. If you look it up, be warned in advance. It's harsh, very harsh, disturbing and violent. The end of the world as we know it. I don't feel fine. It's really not funny no more.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I don't stand by anything

whatwouldcooleydo?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 475cca0027

TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. And he was really angry that -- he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There's no reason for this.” People don't realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?

Amazing that Andrew Jackson saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, given that he died in 1845 ;)

The Trump quote made me immediately think of the erudite Jeff Spicoli: What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we'll just be bogus too! Get it?

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
TRUMP: I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. And he was really angry that -- he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, “There's no reason for this.” People don't realize, you know, the Civil War — if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?
Sounds like Drunk History.
Let the outside air in

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

schlanky wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sounds like Drunk History.
if here were drunk he'd at least have an excuse for the bigly dumb things he says

whatwouldcooleydo?

this doesn't suck

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I'm pretty well convinced that he's going to lose the 2020 election and refuse to leave office. The military will support him because years of mental programming and bunker mentality have them convinced that having "their" guy in office is more important than the structure of America.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
I'm pretty well convinced that he's going to lose the 2020 election and refuse to leave office. The military will support him because years of mental programming and bunker mentality have them convinced that having "their" guy in office is more important than the structure of America.
statements from Priebus about how the administration is looking to change libel laws certainly don't help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... bf5e4dc766

John A Arkansawyer

Good advice!

But one thing about the situation that gives me hope: He's a one-man show, like most authoritarians, and he's old and not (I think) in the best shape. He's got a fair chance of natural causes or Putin catching up to him before his term is out, and an even better chance of it before the end of a second term, if it gets that far. I don't think there's anyone in line to replace him with the competence* to do it. Not yet.

So time is on our side, in that sense, if we keep pushing back and don't let it settle in. He's done some permanent, or at least long-term, damage, but it's not over, not by a long shot. The future is unwritten.

*in the competencies it takes to do what he does, which doesn't overlap so much with the competencies necessary to actually govern

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

The greatest separators of fools and their money party harder than they'd like to admit....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/opin ... tians.html

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Now it's personal:

Speaking with CNN's Jake Tapper about House plans to vote on a revised health insurance bill, Rep. Mo Brooks, R-AL, referenced people who lead "good lives" and said they should not have to pay as much as others.

"My understanding is that (the new proposal) will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool," Brooks said. "That helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they're healthy, they've done the things to keep their bodies healthy. And right now, those are the people--who've done things the right way--that are seeing their costs skyrocketing."

I hope to have Congressman Brooks explain to me the ways in which Bryan and Ben Rudin and so many others did not lead good lives, did not do things the right way. Motherfucker.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Now it's personal:

Speaking with CNN's Jake Tapper about House plans to vote on a revised health insurance bill, Rep. Mo Brooks, R-AL, referenced people who lead "good lives" and said they should not have to pay as much as others.

"My understanding is that (the new proposal) will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool," Brooks said. "That helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they're healthy, they've done the things to keep their bodies healthy. And right now, those are the people--who've done things the right way--that are seeing their costs skyrocketing."

I hope to have Congressman Brooks explain to me the ways in which Bryan and Ben Rudin and so many others did not lead good lives, did not do things the right way. Motherfucker.
I can't measure how furious I was when I read that earlier. If that piece of shit Brooks were in front of me and said that my wife has MS because she hasn't lead a good life, he would be a dead man :evil: :evil: :evil:

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:I hope to have Congressman Brooks explain to me the ways in which Bryan and Ben Rudin and so many others did not lead good lives, did not do things the right way. Motherfucker.
There are just no words to express what a piece of shit...actually, come to think of it, maybe there are:

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Jesus H. Kennedy! Don't these people have any sense? This is just breathtakingly stupid:

Huma Abedin Apparently Forwarded Classified Emails to Anthony Weiner So He Could Print Them for Hillary

I started to quote from it, but it's short, and really, I don't have the heart. But I am getting a lot more sympathy for James Comey. That poor fucker, to be in this position.