The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Clams wrote:
Wolf wrote:
brett27295 wrote:I'm so depressed I don't even give a fuck about going to Richmond tomorrow & Friday. I had a bad feeling about this election but truly didn't think Trump would win. I'm scared & I'm a white, straight, male Republican. I'm disgusted with my (former) party & with the Democrats as well. They brought this on themselves with their arrogance. Fuck it all.
man up. it ain't that bad. give 'ol trump a chance
Wolf is right. There really isn't any other option (except for crawling into the ground and not coming out for 7 years, like a ciccada)
I didn't realize that was an option. I'll reconsider my plans.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

So, Clinton won the popular vote but not the electoral college, and then graciously conceded rather than filing lawsuits or demanding recounts. What an evil fucking American-hating corrrupt bitch.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Fuck it, I feel better. Can't wait to The National tomorrow & Friday!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

What's up ya'll? Just checking in for the first time in forever to see what the collective mood is. Yep, exactly as I figured. Carry on.

Zip, Wolf doesn't look like one of The Robertsons, and he is one of the most rock solid friends a person can have. Proud to call him one. I was proud to call you a friend too even though we always disagreed on politics. Said Hi to you at the Felice Brothers show but you looked right past me. Oh well, I still love ya. Cheers

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:Fuck it, I feel better. Can't wait to The National tomorrow & Friday!

Cheers, motherfucker!
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
brett27295 wrote:Fuck it, I feel better. Can't wait to The National tomorrow & Friday!

Cheers, motherfucker!
A pickle in every pot!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

I was on the fence about making the drive, but yeah, always go to the show :mrgreen:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote: So can you now fly from cali to mass with a bag of weed?
Actually, no. In order to get from one to the other you have to fly through/over something called the United States, where smoking pot is still illegal. The metaphor here is striking, even if strained.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Actually, no. In order to get from one to the other you have to fly through/over something called the United States, where smoking pot is still illegal. The metaphor here is striking, even if strained.
Rudy Guliani, the presumptive AG, has vowed to crack down and eliminate all the legal weed laws so Massachusetts is unlikely to even open dispensaries.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Rudy Guliani, the presumptive AG, has vowed to crack down and eliminate all the legal weed laws so Massachusetts is unlikely to even open dispensaries.
Fuck Rudy Giuliani!

phungi

Post by phungi »

We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Even if Trump doesn't enact the wildest of his promises, building a wall etc., most of the progress of the last several years will be wiped out

- Gay marriage will be overturned by a conservative majority in the SCOTUS
- Legal weed will be cracked down upon and prosecutions will follow
- Cases will be brought to the SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade
- Obamacare will be repealed, annual and lifetime coverage limits will return, pre existing condition exemptions will return and an estimated 30 million people will be uninsured
- Sexual harassment in the workplace lawsuits will be limited and/or completely neutered by statute
- Momentum for a $15 minimum wage will disappear
- Medicare will face cuts
- Federal matching funds for Medicaid will cease

Make no mistake this is an extinction level event for the US. I'm not saying we can't get back on track at some future date but it will take decades just to get back to what we have now and there are no guarantees we ever will.

If on top of that all the other stuff Trump has threatened, like vengeance on his enemies and suppression of the free press, goes forward I don't see our Constitution surviving.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
What about States rights?

I don't think they are going to come at legal weed or gay marriage. Both ideas have majority support in America. I think the rhetoric was just pandering to assholes. They do that, and they'll be out on their asses in 4 years.

I pray I'm right about this.
Last edited by Iowan on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Monty610 wrote:What's up ya'll? Just checking in for the first time in forever to see what the collective mood is. Yep, exactly as I figured. Carry on.

Zip, Wolf doesn't look like one of The Robertsons, and he is one of the most rock solid friends a person can have. Proud to call him one. I was proud to call you a friend too even though we always disagreed on politics. Said Hi to you at the Felice Brothers show but you looked right past me. Oh well, I still love ya. Cheers
His profile pic on Facebook looks just like a Robertson

And I didn't even see you at the show. Sorry about that
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

jr29

Post by jr29 »

lotusamerica wrote:So, Clinton won the popular vote but not the electoral college, and then graciously conceded rather than filing lawsuits or demanding recounts. What an evil fucking American-hating corrrupt bitch.
I pointed that out to a couple Trump supporter friends of mine and they seemed to think it was of little importance.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Zip City wrote:
Monty610 wrote:What's up ya'll? Just checking in for the first time in forever to see what the collective mood is. Yep, exactly as I figured. Carry on.

i had a long beard long before those fuckers existed 8-)

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

On the bright side, a new source of renewable energy has been discovered this morning. Millions of Americans who actually sacrificed for our great nation are spinning uncontrollably in their graves.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

This is what the Democratic Party gets for jamming such a fundamentally unlikeable and flawed candidate down the country's throat. You can whine and bitch about the hyperbole in the anti-Hillary narrative, but the reality is that for all the bullshit, there was enough meat for it to stick. And the DNC knew about all of it and just plowed ahead, unwavering.

I really hope they start looking hard at current Secretary of Ag, Tom Vilsack. He was wildly popular and effective as Iowa's governor. He understands rural America. He's squeaky clean. He would have beat the pants off of Trump.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Wolf wrote:
Zip City wrote:

i had a long beard long before those fuckers existed 8-)
they are undead... they can't be killed.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Iowan wrote:This is what the Democratic Party gets for jamming such a fundamentally unlikeable and flawed candidate down the country's throat. You can whine and bitch about the hyperbole in the anti-Hillary narrative, but the reality is that for all the bullshit, there was enough meat for it to stick. And the DNC knew about all of it and just plowed ahead, unwavering.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Iowan wrote:This is what the Democratic Party gets for jamming such a fundamentally unlikeable and flawed candidate down the country's throat. You can whine and bitch about the hyperbole in the anti-Hillary narrative, but the reality is that for all the bullshit, there was enough meat for it to stick. And the DNC knew about all of it and just plowed ahead, unwavering.

I really hope they start looking hard at current Secretary of Ag, Tom Vilsack. He was wildly popular and effective as Iowa's governor. He understands rural America. He's squeaky clean. He would have beat the pants off of Trump.
Exactly! Once Trump got the nod it was the DNCs race to lose. They coulda run anyone and won "yuge" but instead they put forth Hilary. When candidates like trump and Bernie were condemning the establishement the DNC nominated the establishment. Someone even slightly likable would have won. Oh well, it's over now.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Someone even slightly likable would have won.
This is true, I think the DNC greatly underestimated the Clinton fatigue factor.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

This is how I'm feeling today (minus the Jesus complex).
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

linkous wrote:Image
Not true, he never said it. This image and quote never appeared in People magazine.

Wee the People
Donald Trump did not say that Republicans are the "dumbest group of voters" in a 1998 'People' magazine interview.

roland

Post by roland »

Today at work was like the Twilight Zone. I work in a restaurant and I'd say that almost all of us that voted did so for Clinton. We were all just kinda walking around dazed. As the only white dude in the kitchen with 3 black guys, I took a lot of good-natured shit from them, even though one guy has been randomly shouting "Trump America!" for weeks.

Hell, I talked to my 72 year old, lifelong Republican, conservative, still doesn't know his 41 year old son smokes weed Dad yesterday, and he told me he couldn't even vote for Trump. He just left it blank and voted locally. How did we get to this?

Clams

Post by Clams »

If you don't run you rust

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Clams wrote:This article lays it out

http://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/art ... 603447.php
i agree

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Apparently written in July
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Markalanbishop wrote:http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Apparently written in July
I remember this. I thought it was a big topic of discussion here but maybe it was somewhere else on the 'net. In any case, I remember thinking that I agreed w/ much of what he said but still thought "even so, when push comes to shove he can't be right, can he?" Well, now we know the answer to that one. I particularly had a hard time w/ the "because I can and I liked being that guy in high school" argument; I just didn't think large numbers of people would actually do that when voting for the president of the united states. Which just shows how little I know.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Apparently I am one of the elites, just wish someone had told me before now so that I could have cashed in on all the free stuff
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing