The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Wolf wrote:hillary and the DNC USED the kahn's and their being muslims, for political gain. it's very clear
Sure did. And it's very clear they were ready, willing, and able to be used, because they were being used in accordance with their own wishes for something they felt to be right. In fact, they're out their being used by themselves now. It's almost as though they believe in what they're saying about their dead son and the man who holds him and them in disdain.

In a war--and politics is war by other means--you tell me who doesn't get used, one way or another. Consider Matthew 8:9.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The good news is that there hasn't been widespread voter fraud in, well, ever
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:The good news is that there hasn't been widespread voter fraud in, well, ever
The bad news is that facts have yet to play any role in this election. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out how Trump & his minion could manufacture a crisis if they chose to.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
Zip City wrote:The good news is that there hasn't been widespread voter fraud in, well, ever
The bad news is that facts have yet to play any role in this election. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out how Trump & his minion could manufacture a crisis if they chose to.
Oh, I've been predicting this for months. Unless it's a complete landslide for Clinton, I imagine we'll go to bed on the 8th not knowing who our next President is.

Funny thing is, I'm going out of the country on the 10th......maybe I just won't come back :D

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:
I think two geographically separated instigated incidents at polling places would be sufficient to set it off. Maybe three. Ideally on the East Coast, early, in time to disrupt voting in the west. For values of "ideally" which include "clusterfucatastrophically".

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

How would there be widespread voter fraud?

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:How would there be widespread voter fraud?
Say there is, very loudly, repeatedly, during the campaign. Then instigate something suspicious at a few polling places. Then wave it like a bloody shirt.

I can hear your reply now: "But there still won't be any voter fraud." True but irrelevant. And once the trick is turned, I'm sure proof of voter fraud can be found. Or created. Or maybe just claimed to exist. I mean, who's going to raise such a technical objection at that point? They never did figure out for sure how the Reichstag got burned, either.

John A Arkansawyer

I miss the old days something fierce!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is a serious question. I"m not being rhetorical or trying to set anyone up. What do the veterans among us think about this Purple Heart thing w/ Trump (he always wanted one; he accepted one from someone who earned it; and he said that was an easier way of getting one)? I'll say up front that I was flabbergasted. It seems beyond disrespectful and totally lacking in understanding of vets and the military (who WANTS a purple heart? Who accepts an unearned military medal?). But of course that's second hand "learned behavior" for me (i.e. I've been taught what it means and to respect it, but I haven't lived it). To those for whom this is presumably most meaningful, is it less than it appears or as disrespectful as I think it is?

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

beantownbubba wrote:This is a serious question. I"m not being rhetorical or trying to set anyone up. What do the veterans among us think about this Purple Heart thing w/ Trump (he always wanted one; he accepted one from someone who earned it; and he said that was an easier way of getting one)? I'll say up front that I was flabbergasted. It seems beyond disrespectful and totally lacking in understanding of vets and the military (who WANTS a purple heart? Who accepts an unearned military medal?). But of course that's second hand "learned behavior" for me (i.e. I've been taught what it means and to respect it, but I haven't lived it). To those for whom this is presumably most meaningful, is it less than it appears or as disrespectful as I think it is?
i haven't heard about it, but i think the vet that gave trump the medal is an asshole

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

he is the gift that keeps on giving, the human Jelly of the Month club.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Somebody needs to tell Trump that politicians kiss babies, not ridicule them and their mothers and throw them out. You honest to god could not write this shit.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

And the hits keep coming.
Donald what would you think if ivanka were sexually harassed (re Fox News )?
"I would hope she would go find another career."

Wow. and STILL a threat to win.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

beantownbubba wrote:This is a serious question. I"m not being rhetorical or trying to set anyone up. What do the veterans among us think about this Purple Heart thing w/ Trump (he always wanted one; he accepted one from someone who earned it; and he said that was an easier way of getting one)? I'll say up front that I was flabbergasted. It seems beyond disrespectful and totally lacking in understanding of vets and the military (who WANTS a purple heart? Who accepts an unearned military medal?). But of course that's second hand "learned behavior" for me (i.e. I've been taught what it means and to respect it, but I haven't lived it). To those for whom this is presumably most meaningful, is it less than it appears or as disrespectful as I think it is?
I really don't know what to say. I'm personally disgusted by it and it makes me angry. But I see so much everyday as a veteran that, sadly, this is nothing new. I run into people a lot more often than you would believe who claim to have been Marines. My b.s. Detector is pretty sharp but especially so when it comes to this. When I get that feeling I just let them talk. They give themselves away within a minute more often than not. I've handled it a lot of different ways but anymore I just stare at them and don't respond verbally at all to whatever they're saying. Silence makes most people uncomfortable and I'm pretty good at it. They usually know they've been caught and walk away. I won't get too bogged down in it but I work with a guy who claims to have been in Iraq and Afghanistan as part of one of these private security companies. The war stories this guy tells are so over the top outlandish and untrue that it's almost too much to be believed. It made me mad initially but after he found out about my background (from somebody else. Not me) he started trying to be my buddy. I mean trying hard. Now I just laugh at him. I've thought about outing him a few different times but I haven't so far.

Back to Trump. This is not to say that I'm not bothered by what Trump said along with some of the other things he's said. It pisses me off. But the truth is, most people are so freaking clueless about this stuff. People across the board. I appreciate the folks who are real supportive of veterans and the military and are real patriotic. But most them are clueless too. It's not their fault. They can't help that they don't know what they don't know and there is no way to explain it to them. Of course the folks on the other side of it are just as clueless. Trump doesn't even know what a Purple Heart means. I know what he thinks it means. But he has no clue. I don't have one thank God but have friends who do and my dad does. Trump pissed on the entire thing. But most politicians make me pretty angry when it comes to the military to be honest. I didn't vote for John McCain but it was pretty hard not to and it made me pretty angry at how he was characterized by the democrats compared to Obama. I understand they had to treat him a certain way because they wanted to beat him but that election was such a joke to me. You had one man who has given more for his country than 99.9% of the people walking this earth. Then opposite him you had a guy who had done basically nothing. And the first guy was treated like a joke and the second was treated like he was the hero.

America and its military have an odd relationship and part of that has to do with us being an all volunteer force. The Marine Corps has an especially odd relationship with the rest of the country. Honestly, most Marines are pretty disgusted by American society. They will gladly fight to the death for their country but contemporary American society is just about completely antithetical to Marine Corps culture. A society that respects almost nothing and views concepts like loyalty, honor, sacrifice, among other concepts as passé and foolish. Most Marines have a hard time when they first ingrate back into society. I'm no exception. Most days I feel like I do pretty good now. But I also keep my mouth shut a lot and don't say some of what I would like to say.

Trump showed his ass again when addressing the Khan family. The only reason Hillary's rear end isn't in serious trouble right now where the election is concerned is because he said something really disrespectful and stupid. Again, he doesn't have a clue. Of course there are things coming out about Khan's father right now that are pretty disgusting to me but that's beside the point as far as what trump said.

I'm rambling some but I'm just typing this as it comes to me. Yeah I'm disgusted by Trump's lack of understanding and lack of respect. I'm just not surprised by it.

And as a veteran, I absolutely, positively loathe Hillary Clinton. She totally disgusts me.

I guess that's all for now.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

That sounds like it was not easy to write, CY. Thank you for doing so.

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Somebody needs to tell Trump that politicians kiss babies, not ridicule them and their mothers and throw them out. You honest to god could not write this shit.
I'm thinking about using that story to shame some of our older church members who are hostile to having kids in services. I doubt I can change their behavior. At this point, I'm more Cooley than Patterson. I just want to piss off some assholes.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

I firmly believe this was just an egotistical stunt that got out of hand for DT and he does not want to win this race. Hell heš already throwing the ""rigged"excuse out there for when he does lose. Nobody that wants to win the office would behave like this. Having said that, when this all shakes out, he may be the head of the 3rd major party as there are a good number of people who will apparently follow this clown no matter what he says or does. they follow him because theyŗe pissed and him losing this election isņt gonna make em any less so. He may lose but I doubt heš going away no matter how much we wish he would.

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:That sounds like it was not easy to write, CY. Thank you for doing so.
x2

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cole Younger wrote:A society that respects almost nothing and views concepts like loyalty, honor, sacrifice, among other concepts as passé and foolish.
Don't forget that a lot of us, even to the left of center, still do hold these values in high regard
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

Flea wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:A society that respects almost nothing and views concepts like loyalty, honor, sacrifice, among other concepts as passé and foolish.
Don't forget that a lot of us, even to the left of center, still do hold these values in high regard
I've got complex feelings about honor and sacrifice--I'm for 'em and I understand their shadow sides well and therefore fear them, too--but it astounded me to find loyalty was considered a right-wing virtue. How can you be a decent person if you aren't loyal to the people and things that matter? I mean, I was talking to someone about Josiah Royce's The Philosophy of Loyalty, the book where the idea of Beloved Community that Martin King advanced first originated. The guy I was talking to couldn't get past the title. "Loyalty? That sounds kind of authoritarian." I don't get it.

whatwouldcooleydo?

being reported all over that Trumps peeps are likely planning an intervention

wonder if they'll bring in Jeff Van Vonderen

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

An intervention with a sociopathic narcissist. Umm, good luck with that.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:An intervention with a sociopathic narcissist. Umm, good luck with that.
well, if they do it, you know they'll film it and offer it up to the highest bidder

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:An intervention with a sociopathic narcissist. Umm, good luck with that.
well, if they do it, you know they'll film it and offer it up to the highest bidder
I think the plan is to coax him out of the race and replace him with a sounder candidate. Courtney Love has offered to step in.
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

John A Arkansawyer

PonyGirl wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
I think the plan is to coax him out of the race and replace him with a sounder candidate. Courtney Love has offered to step in.
I'm okay with that.

Oh. Wait. You're joking. It's hard to tell these days.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:being reported all over that Trumps peeps are likely planning an intervention

wonder if they'll bring in Jeff Van Vonderen

now reading that after putting up with a virtual cornucopia of Trump fuckups, the bridge that was too far to the party was him not endorsing Ryan and McCain.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ok the media is jumping all over this "contingency plans if Trump drops out" story, and I get why the GOP would want him to drop out, but what could they possibly entice him with to do so?