The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wolf wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Wolf wrote:chick looks like a dude
And so we come full circle: What bathroom should she use?
if the person has a penis then the boys room. a vagina then the girls room. very simple
Simple yes. The law of North Carolina, no.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

beantownbubba wrote: Simple yes. The law of North Carolina, no.
Looks like Massachusetts is facing it's own bathroom issues. At least in its case the bill is IN FAVOR of equality.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/14/politics/ ... ill-booed/
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

What if someone has long hair and breasts and makeup and shaved legs and a skirt and high heels, but has a penis? Want to walk into her at the urinal? How do you think women would feel to see a person with a shaved head and a beard walking out of a stall in the lady's room?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

drommel56 wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm in love. I'm ready to marry her.

I'm stealing this
what was it before it disappeared?

John A Arkansawyer

tinnitus photography wrote:
drommel56 wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm in love. I'm ready to marry her.

I'm stealing this
what was it before it disappeared?
It was the last four people in a game of musical chairs, plastic ones, at a rodeo. When the music stopped, a woman started to sit in the chair right behind her. The guy who had no chair pulled it out from under her, ran a few steps away, and sat in it while she hit the ground. When she got up, she dived at him, landed on him knocked him out of the chair, breaking one of its legs in the process, stepped a step away, and sat herself down in the now three-legged chair. Unfortunately for her, those plastic chairs don't have a lot of margin for structural integrity, so two more of the legs busted off and plopped her down on the ground again. The text on the picture said "Free-Market Capitalism". It isn't, exactly, but it made me laugh.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Sarah, just go away

But that was where hardcore climate change denial landed Palin on Thursday: a wood-panelled committee room in Congress where she disputed the credentials of a hugely popular science educator who has designed devices for Nasa and been awarded several honorary degrees.

“Bill Nye is as much a scientist as I am,” Palin told the gathering. “He’s a kids’ show actor. He’s not a scientist.”

And that was not even the low point of the event.

The occasion was the premiere for the Climate Hustle, a film that dismisses global warming as an excuse for government takeover and makes the outrageously false claim that rising carbon emissions are beneficial.

Why the hell is she given an audience in Congress?

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

There is no excuse for Sarah Palin, there is no excuse for the media which covers Sarah Palin and there is certainly no excuse for the Congress of the US of A to give her a platform from which to spout nonsense. Feh.

OTOH, she IS a perfect representative of public discourse in 2016: The unqualified celebrity as politician; the celebrity as political commentator where the main qualification is how little you know because it means the less you'll be constrained from saying just about anything; the complete disregard for facts, logic and science; the willingness to say anything on behalf of a position no matter how absurd, counter-factual or counter-logical it may be but to say it w/ authority; the anti-intellectualism; and the narcissism to turn any issue into "it's all about me." Double feh.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:There is no excuse for Sarah Palin, there is no excuse for the media which covers Sarah Palin and there is certainly no excuse for the Congress of the US of A to give her a platform from which to spout nonsense. Feh.

OTOH, she IS a perfect representative of public discourse in 2016: The unqualified celebrity as politician; the celebrity as political commentator where the main qualification is how little you know because it means the less you'll be constrained from saying just about anything; the complete disregard for facts, logic and science; the willingness to say anything on behalf of a position no matter how absurd, counter-factual or counter-logical it may be but to say it w/ authority; the anti-intellectualism; and the narcissism to turn any issue into "it's all about me." Double feh.
With respect to the media, she's the Johnny Manziel of politics

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:There is no excuse for Sarah Palin, there is no excuse for the media which covers Sarah Palin and there is certainly no excuse for the Congress of the US of A to give her a platform from which to spout nonsense. Feh.

With respect to you, she's not. He had a great college football career and tons of potential. His nickname was Johnny Football! What did she ever do except be plucked from obscurity for the most cynical of reasons, and unsuccessfully at that? Yes, she was governor of Alaska, whose main job is to sign checks to every resident and to say "yes, sir!" when the CEO of exxon calls on the phone.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:

With respect to you, she's not. He had a great college football career and tons of potential. His nickname was Johnny Football! What did she ever do except be plucked from obscurity for the most cynical of reasons, and unsuccessfully at that? Yes, she was governor of Alaska, whose main job is to sign checks to every resident and to say "yes, sir!" when the CEO of exxon calls on the phone.
You are correct and I defer, all I was saying is that she gets getting never-ending mass media exposure for fuckups

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah, I misread what you wrote in a couple of different ways. I hear literacy is a good thing.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Governor Phil Bryant signing the "guns in church" law. Note the pistol on the bible. Yes it's real. If these folks really think they're Christian they're doing it wrong.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

And there was absolutely no excuse for that headline. That really triggered me. :cry:
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

whatwouldcooleydo?

one belt loop wrote:
And there was absolutely no excuse for that headline. That really triggered me. :cry:
Mine or the one from the article?

John A Arkansawyer

one belt loop wrote:
Mine or the one from the article?
I'm going to say yours, which was--and I quote, as you can tell by my use of quotation marks, "Sarah, just go away".

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Miss Loop, you are 1,000,000 x the person Palin is. No sane person would ever ask you to go away. I'm also certain you cannot see Russia from your house.

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Miss Loop, you are 1,000,000 x the person Palin is. No sane person would ever ask you to go away. I'm also certain you cannot see Russia from your house.
It was a near thing:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Donald Trump Remembers When the Towers Came Down on 7-11

I also remember George Bush the Elder referring to September 7th as the the "date which will live in infamy"

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Does anyone understand the point of Ted Cruz's "sacrifice" fundraising letter? I mean I know it was intended to raise funds (Duh!) but who was it intended to appeal to? Who was it supposed to move? Elizabeth Warren's response was imho one of her weaker efforts but it did at least get at what seems to me to be the fundamental absurdity of Cruz's approach. It's worse, a lot worse, than Jimmy Carter's much derided "sweater speech."

John A Arkansawyer

Harriet Tubman preaches the gospel:

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Nah, bizarre doesn't begin to describe this. MS appears to have a state-level dictatorship (truly a bizarre concept, i agree) and as always, power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

In a strange way, what's going on in MS goes a long way to explaining why MA, one of the bluest of blue states, regularly elects Republican governors. One party rule is bad when it's not outright evil.

John A Arkansawyer

beantownbubba wrote:
Nah, bizarre doesn't begin to describe this. MS appears to have a state-level dictatorship (truly a bizarre concept, i agree) and as always, power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

In a strange way, what's going on in MS goes a long way to explaining why MA, one of the bluest of blue states, regularly elects Republican governors. One party rule is bad when it's not outright evil.
It helps that you still have some prominent Republicans who aren't bugfuck crazy.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

It helps that you still have some prominent Republicans who aren't bugfuck crazy.
:lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

This could be the endorsement that puts Trump over the top

Supporters of Donald Trump came to Stephen Decatur High School on Wednesday excited, they said, at the opportunity to hear the Republican presidential front-runner without the filter of the news media.

They described the real estate developer and reality show star as a candidate who could unite the country.

Jack Mehoff, 19, praised Trump as a "hardworking, smart individual that wants the best for all people in this country that are allowed to be here."

Haywood Jablome declined to comment

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Amanda Hugenkiss and Ben Dover are feeling the Bern.
Beebs is not a ragey man

whatwouldcooleydo?

Beebs wrote:Amanda Hugenkiss and Ben Dover are feeling the Bern.
So I suppose Mike Hunts support HRC?
Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And to think GW is worried about being too immature for this crowd. :lol: :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:And to think GW is worried about being too immature for this crowd. :lol: :lol:
OK, I am very slow today........GW?