Any DBT/NHL fans out there?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

211poundsofpork

Any DBT/NHL fans out there?

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Just throwing this one out there. Me, being in southeastern, PA am a diehard Phillies fan, but hockey always comes first and I shit Flyers hockey. Big win vs. the Isles last night, but we lost JVR to a broken foot. D'oh!
Now, I'm not up on the Three Dimes Down demographic, but if any of you are into hockey, there have got to be some Predators fans out there, no? (one of the oddest looking head coaches out there)

Iowan

Re: Any DBT/NHL fans out there?

Post by Iowan »

Blackhawks baby!

I rewatch the 2010 game winner at least once a month. ;) But its tough for me to hang on to every regular season game, as we don't get Comcast in Iowa. I just follow the standings and whose hot until playoffs start. Once the playoffs start, I'm glued to it (even if the Blackhawks aren't in). Nothing better in pro sports than the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Hockey isn't big at all in Iowa, but my grandpa is Canadian and he got me into it at a young age. I grew up right on the Minnesota border, but came of sports fandom right after the North Stars left. I defaulted to Chicago as it was the next closest NHL city. I have a youth 'Hawks jersey signed by Chris Chelios, Gary Suter, and Joe Murphy that I got for Christmas when I was 12 or so. I follow the Wild as well to a lesser extent (since I root for Minneapolis teams in every other sport), but now they're in the same division going forward, thats probably going to change.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Blues.

Holding my breath this year. Still in the hunt after the January. Been awhile.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Habs
Keep calm and have a cigar

Roy

Post by Roy »

4sooner wrote:Blues.

I live for Blues hockey. Hitchcock has done an amazing job with these guys this year. Last nights game was a tough loss.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Roy wrote:
4sooner wrote:Blues.

I live for Blues hockey. Hitchcock has done an amazing job with these guys this year. Last nights game was a tough loss.

Yes he has. Hockey coaches are a different breed. Hated the guy when he was in Dallas. Now he's alright by me. :)
Tough loss indeed.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Clams

Post by Clams »

I become a Flyers fan right around May each year, and I usually catch grief for it here.
If you don't run you rust

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Life long Red Wings fanatic despite 20+ years of living in Chicago. Wings are doing suprisingly well this year, I figured they would be a playoff team but didn't think they would be near the top of the league in points.

As for the Hawks, I hate to see them struggle. Not.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

I live for Blues hockey. Hitchcock has done an amazing job with these guys this year. Last nights game was a tough loss.[/quote]

Yes he has. Hockey coaches are a different breed. Hated the guy when he was in Dallas. Now he's alright by me. :)
Tough loss indeed.[/quote]

If anything, Hitchcock hasn't been getting ENOUGH credit for the Blues turnaround. That Alex Pietrangelo dood on defense is a star in the making. Wow! If the Flyers don't do squat in the playoffs, I'm rootin' for St. Louis. They love their hockey team and deserve a winner.
On another hockey note, has anyone noticed the music the Blackhawks play in their arena whenever they score a goal?! I don't know about you guys, but that Amstel Light commercial song is retarded! They have GOT to stop that. (Minnesota Wild have the best theme: Joe Satriani's "Crowd Chant") I guess everyone is moving on from Gary Glitter because of the stigma.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

211poundsofpork wrote:IOn another hockey note, has anyone noticed the music the Blackhawks play in their arena whenever they score a goal?! I don't know about you guys, but that Amstel Light commercial song is retarded! They have GOT to stop that. (Minnesota Wild have the best theme: Joe Satriani's "Crowd Chant") I guess everyone is moving on from Gary Glitter because of the stigma.

The song is Chelse Dagger by the scottish group the Fratelli's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Dagger. Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but as stadium songs go it could be worse. As a wings fan, I have learned to hate it.

The Hawks started playing it and everybody started loving it during the year the Hawks won the Cup, so I don't think it will be retired anytime in the near future.