Carl Sagan Cosmos

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LuthierJustin

Carl Sagan Cosmos

Post by LuthierJustin »

I've been watching Cosmos on Netflix, I guess I'm about half way through it or so. Its great, I've been watching clips from it on Youtube for few years now and have been waiting for it to hit Netflix. It makes my head hurt sometimes trying to wrap my head around some of the facts like if you go fast enough you travel in time because your clock slows down and the rest of the world stays the same or the 4th dimension.

LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

sactochris

Re: Carl Sagan Cosmos

Post by sactochris »

Carl Sagen is perhaps the very best example of a really smart guy who took the correct amounts of exactly the right drugs. What a brilliant guy.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman is another good one. Also there used to be a show with Michio Kaku that was good, he wrote a book entitled "Physics of the Impossible" that is very accessible and a good read.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Fox is making a new series of Cosmos, It will air next year and will be hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson, It'll be great I can't wait.
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I loved that show as a kid. I bet a lot of the physics are out of date now but it was a cool concept for it's time.