Podcasts

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ScottyC

Podcasts

Post by ScottyC »

Anyone else listen to podcasts? I have recently gotten into them and have a few that I enjoy, the main two being the nerdist and WTF, but was wondering if there are others that you like or suggest?

sg207

Re: Podcasts

Post by sg207 »

KEXP has a free song of the day, and free live performance (usually weekly) that are typically pretty good, and at least expose you to some new artists.

I subscribe to the EPSN radio daily and PTI, and listen in my car sometimes.

If you're a NASCAR fan, try the Rowdy Racing podcast, it's far and away the best NASCAR news out there.

The Onion does a daily radio news one that is usually pretty funny.

Interface does live performances too, on video, but those are few and far between anymore.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I don't have much time to listen to podcasts anymore with 2 little ones, but I do listen to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast. If you are a fan of the show, it's very enjoyable. Creator Vince Gilligan is a frequent guest, as are several of the actors. I also like to listen to Bill Simmons' podcast, The BS Report.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

My favorite is The Dirtbag Diaries, which is essentially vignettes about outdoor sports (hiking, biking, surfing, climbing, skiing, etc) and conservation. They've recently put together a video series called The Season which is great as well.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Soundopinions. Most excellent!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast is hilarious.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

I appreciate the feedback.

I need to get on the Breaking Bad one when the show comes back in the summer, there is so much going on at all times in that show that I want to see where they are coming from.

I dont think I could do the Bill Simmons one, just because I cant stand the NBA and he is becoming too centralized on that.

Already do the Bill Burr and I am now downloading some soundopinions and dirtbag dairies to see what they are about.

Speaking of Bill Burr, if you like him go and download the nerdist with he and Reggie Watts, some of the funniest audio I have ever heard.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

If you like comedy podcasts, definitely check out Comedy Bang Bang. Completely absurd, improv based, lots of great guests/characters (Paul F Tompkins as Ice T, for example). Comes out every Monday, I think, and iTunes has the whole archive for free.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Stuff You Should Know is one of the more informative things ive come across.

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

If you like Bill Burr, you may be familiar with Rich Vos. He and his wife Bonnie McFarlane have a podcast called My Wife Hates Me. It is hilarious, and you'll love how stupid Rich really is, without even knowing it.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.