3DD NC

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Steve French

Re: 3DD NC

Post by Steve French »

Sub wrote:So I finally upgraded my phone to an andriod, which is basically how I have been accessing this place the last few days. Its pretty awesome having the net everywhere I go.

Anyone have any app recommendations?

What phone did you get? I have to get a new fone because soon there wont be any CDMA network here. my computer geek friends (and fashion victim friends) say "git an iPhone" but I really dont want an i-anything. Particularly iTunes. Though they do just flat out work.

So I go GSM and get an android phone. Android 2.2 looks like the go: but they want moonbeams for the phones, or ream you on a plan. I think a Samsung Galaxy S or S2 is the go. all the other phones I have been offered look like chinese pieces of crap (Huawie? what the hell is that?). Plus I hate shopping for this sort of stuff too.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Never tempt fate.

Evening folks.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

get an iPhone!

as for iTunes... What's your beef? It works great for managing your music. I was hesitant at first to "give in" to iTunes but you said it "flat out works".
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Sub

Post by Sub »

I like ipods but I will never use itunes again I much prefer MediaMonkey Gold for my collection works great for ipods too.

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Cheap Trick should go buy themselves lottery tickets. :o

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Given to Fly wrote:Cheap Trick should go buy themselves lottery tickets. :o

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Clams wrote:
Sub wrote:What made you take it back clams?

decided to wait for the next iphone

the 5G is coming out at $800 freakn' dollars!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

bovine knievel wrote:get an iPhone!

as for iTunes... What's your beef? It works great for managing your music. I was hesitant at first to "give in" to iTunes but you said it "flat out works".

50+GB of music spread over a bunch of HDD's, all in MP3 & 4 format mainly. plus the DRM aspects of it. and I fear change (to quote Dana Carvey as Garth in Waynes World)
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

In my blood, there's gasoline..

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Steve French wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:get an iPhone!

50+GB of music spread over a bunch of HDD's, all in MP3 & 4 format mainly. plus the DRM aspects of it. and I fear change (to quote Dana Carvey as Garth in Waynes World)

No more DRM.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Out in the garage I have a land line phone with a rotary dial, and I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Ignorance is bliss.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

The Black Canary

Morning everyone!!!! It is make a new friend Tuesday!!!!! Come now you wall flowers, let’s get the game on!!!

I made a new friend today, or at least my fckn colon did!!!! ESCALTOR Etiquette !!!! ALWAYS STAY AT LEAT 2 STEPS AWAY FROM THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!! Stopping short can turn ugly quickly!!!!!

The “older” lady in front of me stops short at the top, so I stop but NOOOOOOOOOOO the idiot behind me just keeps walking!!!!! I turn around and give him the “look” and he gives me the “deer in the headlight look.” So I say to this moron “is there a sign on my back that states “looking for free early a.m. colonoscopy??!!!!”

Seriously people there are many who are escalator impaired and get all fckd up when they get to the top of the ride. Work within the program!!!!. NEVER EVER SHOULD THERE BE PHYSCIAL CONTACT ON AN ESCALATOR!!!!!!

That's all

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Good morning NC... 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

I started working with a new trainer last week. We had this week's session yesterday and now my hamstrings are so sore it was a major production to put the dog's water bowl back down after filling it.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

lynne

Post by lynne »

one belt loop wrote:I started working with a new trainer last week. We had this week's session yesterday and now my hamstrings are so sore it was a major production to put the dog's water bowl back down after filling it.

My martial arts class Sunday nearly killed me. Being tossed around at my age is not a good thing. :( My legs, back, butt and shoulders are killing me. For the next couple of days I will be the Bengay queen. Not only will it help with the soreness, it keeps unwanted people away from me.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

The Black Canary

lynne wrote:
one belt loop wrote:I started working with a new trainer last week. We had this week's session yesterday and now my hamstrings are so sore it was a major production to put the dog's water bowl back down after filling it.

My martial arts class Sunday nearly killed me. Being tossed around at my age is not a good thing. :( My legs, back, butt and shoulders are killing me. For the next couple of days I will be the Bengay queen. Not only will it help with the soreness, it keeps unwanted people away from me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lynne

Post by lynne »

The Black Canary wrote:
lynne wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know me too well!!!

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

Morning, NC!

Came across a startling paragraph in one of my reference books this morning. Had to read it five or six times to make sure it said what I thought it said. This is taken word-for-word from Feeding and Care of the Horse, second edition by Lon D. Lewis, page 365:

When the [blister] beetle is ingested, cantharidin is absorbed and rapidly excreted in the urine, causing irritation and inflammation of the digestive and urinary tracts. The burning sensation it causes when excreted in the urine is the basis for the use of blister beetles by people as an aphrodisiac referred to as "Spanish Fly," for which it is of no benefit, unless someone finds a burning sensation upon urinating sexually stimulating.

:shock: And all these years, I thought it was just some bug that got into moldly clover and poisoned horses.

SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! That is all.

Thank you for your time.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

I see your hydrothermal worm and raise you a Daddy Longlegs

Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

And there's something about this one that just lends itsself to teh NC....just can't put my finger on it though....

Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

lynne

Post by lynne »

GuitarManUpstairs wrote:And there's something about this one that just lends itsself to teh NC....just can't put my finger on it though....

maybe you should keep your finger off it. :shock:

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

lynne wrote:

I feel your pain. Literally. Need to start thinking less martial, more art. But probably won't.
Not forever, just for now.

lynne

Post by lynne »

'Scratch wrote:
lynne wrote:

I feel your pain. Literally. Need to start thinking less martial, more art. But probably won't.

And I am the only girl in the class most nights. Thankfully the guys arent as rough with me as they are with each other or I might be in full body traction.

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

anyone have any idea what in the hell this stuff is?
the price of bein' sober is bein' scared out of your mind....

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

inman_trucker wrote:Image

Spotted dick
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spotted dick and custard.
Spotted dick is a steamed suet pudding containing dried fruit (usually currants) commonly served with custard. Spotted refers to the dried fruit (which resemble spots) and dick may be a contraction or corruption of the word pudding (from the last syllable) or possibly a corruption of the word dough[1] or dog, as "spotted dog" is another name for the same dish with the use of plums rather than currants. Another explanation offered for the word "dick" is that it comes from the German word for "thick" or dick.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the earliest documented reference is a recipe for "Plum Bolster or Spotted Dick", in Alexis Soyer's The Modern Housewife, or, Ménagère (1850).[2] [3]
Hospital managers at Gloucestershire NHS Trust (in 2001)[4] and the catering staff at Flintshire County Council (in 2009)[5] renamed the pudding Spotted Richard on menus because of the use of Dick. Gloucestershire NHS Trust restored the original name in 2002. Flintshire County Council reversed their renaming after a few weeks.[6]

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
inman_trucker wrote:Image

Spotted dick
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spotted dick and custard.
Spotted dick is a steamed suet pudding containing dried fruit (usually currants) commonly served with custard. Spotted refers to the dried fruit (which resemble spots) and dick may be a contraction or corruption of the word pudding (from the last syllable) or possibly a corruption of the word dough[1] or dog, as "spotted dog" is another name for the same dish with the use of plums rather than currants. Another explanation offered for the word "dick" is that it comes from the German word for "thick" or dick.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the earliest documented reference is a recipe for "Plum Bolster or Spotted Dick", in Alexis Soyer's The Modern Housewife, or, Ménagère (1850).[2] [3]
Hospital managers at Gloucestershire NHS Trust (in 2001)[4] and the catering staff at Flintshire County Council (in 2009)[5] renamed the pudding Spotted Richard on menus because of the use of Dick. Gloucestershire NHS Trust restored the original name in 2002. Flintshire County Council reversed their renaming after a few weeks.[6]

I'll stick with Jell-o.....

lynne

Post by lynne »

First of all, thanks for posting this. I christened my keyboard with rum and coke once again. I really need to invest in one of those plastic protectors or stop drinking when I read these. Awhile back we had some posts about some of these "colorfully" named foods but who knew you could indulge yourself in such an after dinner treat? And I wonder why I stick to protein shakes from the blender most of the time. :?

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

lynne wrote:First of all, thanks for posting this. I christened my keyboard with rum and coke once again. I really need to invest in one of those plastic protectors or stop drinking when I read these. Awhile back we had some posts about some of these "colorfully" named foods but who knew you could indulge yourself in such an after dinner treat? And I wonder why I stick to protein shakes from the blender most of the time. :?

colorful product name? how about "Beaver Mustard"? :lol: