3DD NC

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: 3DD NC

Post by Clams »

scotto wrote:
Clams wrote:I'm so sad.
Man, so sorry to hear about that.
Be sure you give yourself permission to feel all the things: sad, confused, shocked angry, because you will.
Hug your loved ones, be kind to yourself, and let me know if you want to chat.
Thanks scotto, I appreciate it.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Clams

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image
I hate Trump as much as anyone here, but I have to give him credit for serving fast food to those football players. That was a great idea.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Clams wrote:
I hate Trump as much as anyone here, but I have to give him credit for serving fast food to those football players. That was a great idea.
Great idea: how so?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

In that photo, focus on Lincoln

Clams

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Clams wrote:
Great idea: how so?
Because pizza and burgers is exactly what should you serve when you have 75 college boys come over for lunch. And it's a great news story to boot. Gotta give credit where/when due.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

He coulda got them some bbq from Maurice's.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

phungi

Post by phungi »

Clams wrote:Glad to see this thread bumped because I have news to share and I wasn't sure where to put it. Also, I remember how back in the day this thread used to be a place where we actually shared and discussed meaningful things instead of just posting meme's and dumb shit. Anyway...

So last week I lost one of my closest friends, Mark. He was very close to phungi too. Mark battled mental illness for all of his adult life. It went in cycles every 5 years or so and each time he was able to pull himself out of his depression. Except for this time. After battling for the last 18 months, he fucking hanged himself last Thursday night. He was 50 and left a wife and two teenage boys. He was a gregarious, funny, larger than life dude who lived life to the max. In fact he was my wingman for my first ever DBT shows back in 2008. This was a guy who, if you didn't know he was battling demons, appeared to have it all - great family, close friends, great job, beautiful home, money in the bank, etc. And he had people who cared about him and tried to help, he got treatment, etc. None of it made a difference though, because "when the house got quiet and dark" he couldn't handle what was going on inside his head. This has hit really close to home for me - Mark's wife and mine are best friends and our kids have been together since they were in diapers and are still best friends today. And on Sunday we fucking buried him in the ground and I had to give his eulogy.

Anyway, sorry for oversharing and bringing yall down. I'm not looking for sympathy, trust me I've already got plenty of that in my world already. But one thing I've noticed in talking about this and mentioning it to people over the past week, is that almost everyone seems to have a similar story about a friend or a family member or someone they know. Mental illness is a fucker, and it affects so many people. Phungi and I (and lots of other people) tried to help Mark but in the end there wasn't anything we could do. If any of yall are battling demons, or if you know someone who is, don't give up. Talk to people, seek help, do anything you can. There's always hope, right?

I'm so sad.
Guess I don't visit the NC very often (or enough) but seeing this for the first time... hard to believe it's been a month... I still hear the sound of dirt and rocks echoing off the coffin after it was in the ground... our kids are freshmen at Pitt together and I picked them up on Wednesday Dec 13, Mark and his son went to the Sixers game that night, and he never returned home from work Thursday... we sent the kids back to Pitt on a bus last weekend, and there was the family, two sons and a mother, but no dad... in addition to being friends, a huge personality, and part of our monthly poker group, he and I were "yoked" for the next 4 years with our kids in college together, or so I thought... like I said, hard to believe it's been a month... if you are greeted by me with a hug instead of a handshake, or find an arm around your shoulder during DIY or When the Pit Hits the Shell at Homecoming don't be surprised
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I can't decide if the Bronx Zoo is truly desperate for dollars or extremely clever. Decide for yourself I guess. Their pitch:

Cockroaches are forever.
So is your love.

Name a cockroach for your beloved.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:I can't decide if the Bronx Zoo is truly desperate for dollars or extremely clever. Decide for yourself I guess. Their pitch:

Cockroaches are forever.
So is your love.

Gregor Samsa

scotto

Post by scotto »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:I can't decide if the Bronx Zoo is truly desperate for dollars or extremely clever. Decide for yourself I guess. Their pitch:

Cockroaches are forever.
So is your love.

Gregor Samsa
Sorry, it's taken.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Flea wrote:Image
Leave out the head, and I am really looking forward to sharing some love in Athens...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Image:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

this one's for you, Kenneth Copeland :roll:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Right-Wing Nutjob* Aborts Full-Term Baby in Public

*=Based Amy also made headlines in 2007 when she reportedly cost rescue services more than 1 million pounds by staging at least 50 “cries for help” and throwing herself in the sea around Britain’s coast, BBC News reported. Mura was reportedly banned from being within 50 meters of the sea surrounding the British coast.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

^^^
:lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

scotto

Post by scotto »

The Wig He Made....umm, wait...

Former Idaho GOP chairman arrested for masturbating in a wig outside his ex-wife’s home

https://deadstate.org/former-idaho-gop- ... 3vQlbb4qkM

Flea

Post by Flea »

scotto wrote:The Wig He Made....umm, wait...

Former Idaho GOP chairman arrested for masturbating in a wig outside his ex-wife’s home

https://deadstate.org/former-idaho-gop- ... 3vQlbb4qkM
I'm disappointed he was masturbating wearing a wig rather than spanking it into a wig.
Now it's dark.

scotto

Post by scotto »

^^^ That's what I thought at first, too. And was also disappointed he was only wearing it. Clearly not very imaginative in the wanking department.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I thought of this as I was posting in the politics thread but thought this was a more appropriate place for it. As most of you know I am no longer able to drink my beloved tequila or anything else so a few weeks ago I gave away my small, but nice collection of fine tequila anejo to our erstwhile member Bourbon Cowboy. So now he's both the Bourbon and Tequila Cowboy which leaves me no longer a cowboy at all. How's that for some deep shit?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I thought of this as I was posting in the politics thread but thought this was a more appropriate place for it. As most of you know I am no longer able to drink my beloved tequila or anything else so a few weeks ago I gave away my small, but nice collection of fine tequila anejo to our erstwhile member Bourbon Cowboy. So now he's both the Bourbon and Tequila Cowboy which leaves me no longer a cowboy at all. How's that for some deep shit?
You could transform into The Ganja Gaucho.
Now it's dark.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Flea wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:I thought of this as I was posting in the politics thread but thought this was a more appropriate place for it. As most of you know I am no longer able to drink my beloved tequila or anything else so a few weeks ago I gave away my small, but nice collection of fine tequila anejo to our erstwhile member Bourbon Cowboy. So now he's both the Bourbon and Tequila Cowboy which leaves me no longer a cowboy at all. How's that for some deep shit?
You could transform into The Ganja Gaucho.
Can’t do the ganja either but I like it...
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Cowboys are born, not made. You're good.

PS I'm glad you found a good home for the good stuff.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard