3DD NC

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: 3DD NC

Post by beantownbubba »

njMark wrote:So I had a co-worker come in on his day off, put someone else's uniform on, scream at the crew who was on shift and get taken out in an ambulance for a psych evaluation. 36 days later he comes in wearing hot pink booty shorts, male parts partially exposed. He's still employed with us. I love my union and would never give it up but I would not have wanted to be our chairman who had to defend him during those meetings.
The pink booty shorts provision is pretty standard in union contracts, generally following immediately after the time and a half for overtime provision. The partially exposed genitalia may be breaking new ground, however, but it does vary by industry.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Just got a news bulletin on my phone from the WaPo: The operation to rescue that Thai youth soccer team trapped in a cave "will begin as soon as possible, Thai authorities say." Really? I couldn't have guessed. What a relief. Silly as I am I would have thought that was dog bites man kind of "news." Now the rescue will begin "as soon as the team leader gets back from his weekend w/ his mistress" would be more man bites dog variety news, possibly justifying a bulletin. But that's just me.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer

A whole different kind of "fake news":

Victorian-Era Orgasms and the Crisis of Peer Review
A favorite anecdote about the origins of the vibrator is probably a myth.

The world reacts to the shocking news that someone might have faked an orgasm:

The word from the front:
It’s among the most delectably scandalous stories in the history of medicine: At the height of the Victorian era, doctors regularly treated their female patients by stimulating them to orgasm. This mass treatment—a cure for the now-defunct medical condition of “hysteria”—was made possible by a new technology: the vibrator. Vibrators allowed physicians to massage women’s clitorises quickly and efficiently, without exhausting their hands and wrists.

It’s a disturbing insight, implying that vibrators succeeded not because they advanced female pleasure, but because they saved labor for male physicians. And in the past few years, it has careened around popular culture. It’s given rise to a Tony-nominated play, a rom-com starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, and even a line of branded vibrators. Samantha Bee did a skit about it in March. A seemingly endless march of quirky news stories has instructed readers in its surprising but true quality, including in Vice, Mother Jones, and Psychology Today.

In short, the tale has become a commonplace one in how people think about Victorian sex. And according to a contentious new paper, it may also be almost totally false.
And now you know...the rest of the story. The three-fingered child, the so-called "three picture deal", all of it, all of it.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

The cantaloupe industry is suggesting a tariff:

John A Arkansawyer

Giant inflatable colon stolen in Kansas

Surgical oncologist John Ashcraft the giant inflatable colon is a great conversation starter.

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Giant inflatable colon stolen in Kansas

Surgical oncologist John Ashcraft the giant inflatable colon is a great conversation starter.
For children's parties, it converts into a bounce house.
Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

You know that Eugene Chadbourne song, "Sex With The Sheriff"? That's set in North Carolina, which has a strong county government. In neighboring (spiritually speaking) Florida, municipalities hold more power, especially over infrastructure:

(The alternative set-up for that video was "But how do you know if the speed bump is consenting"? That would be used if Judge Roy Moore was the official in question.)

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

John A Arkansawyer

He's Hot. He's Sexy! And/Or He's Dead!

Hof appeared to be handling his rise to the national political stage with aplomb, riding out the attention in a closed-to-the-press candy apple red coffin six feet underground. There, forensic political analysts say, he is celebrating his victory by allowing the forces of gravity to slowly pool embalming fluid in the lower parts of his body. Hof had no comment on the election results, his plans for the future, or anything at all...

John A Arkansawyer

Everything's bigger in Texas!

Wedding photographer arrested for having sex with guest, urinating on tree

On?
“Police officers handled the matter discreetly — no guests were involved or disturbed from celebrating the couple in any way,” The Springs Event Venue said.

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Everything's bigger in Texas!

Wedding photographer arrested for having sex with guest, urinating on tree

On?
“Police officers handled the matter discreetly — no guests were involved or disturbed from celebrating the couple in any way,” The Springs Event Venue said.

She seems nice.
Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

^^^^ That should be the cover, or maybe the entire text, of the next Venus/Mars book.

John A Arkansawyer

Justice is served!

Life-sized cutout of Green Bay police chief warning against shoplifting swiped from store

As you can imagine, the police are taking it extremely seriously.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Glad to see this thread bumped because I have news to share and I wasn't sure where to put it. Also, I remember how back in the day this thread used to be a place where we actually shared and discussed meaningful things instead of just posting meme's and dumb shit. Anyway...

So last week I lost one of my closest friends, Mark. He was very close to phungi too. Mark battled mental illness for all of his adult life. It went in cycles every 5 years or so and each time he was able to pull himself out of his depression. Except for this time. After battling for the last 18 months, he fucking hanged himself last Thursday night. He was 50 and left a wife and two teenage boys. He was a gregarious, funny, larger than life dude who lived life to the max. In fact he was my wingman for my first ever DBT shows back in 2008. This was a guy who, if you didn't know he was battling demons, appeared to have it all - great family, close friends, great job, beautiful home, money in the bank, etc. And he had people who cared about him and tried to help, he got treatment, etc. None of it made a difference though, because "when the house got quiet and dark" he couldn't handle what was going on inside his head. This has hit really close to home for me - Mark's wife and mine are best friends and our kids have been together since they were in diapers and are still best friends today. And on Sunday we fucking buried him in the ground and I had to give his eulogy.

Anyway, sorry for oversharing and bringing yall down. I'm not looking for sympathy, trust me I've already got plenty of that in my world already. But one thing I've noticed in talking about this and mentioning it to people over the past week, is that almost everyone seems to have a similar story about a friend or a family member or someone they know. Mental illness is a fucker, and it affects so many people. Phungi and I (and lots of other people) tried to help Mark but in the end there wasn't anything we could do. If any of yall are battling demons, or if you know someone who is, don't give up. Talk to people, seek help, do anything you can. There's always hope, right?

I'm so sad.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

{{{clams}}}
{{{phungi}}}

That's just brutal. Just because you're not seeking sympathy doesn't mean I can't extend my condolences. So sorry for him, you, your families, everyone involved.

Your comments about mental illness generally are exactly right. There is just so much pain in the world. Too much pain.

I don't mean this to be at all funny: I'm a little spooked by the coincidence that in my last post before this one I said that I was nearing the end of my rope. Yikes.

John A Arkansawyer

Man Injects 18 'Doses' of Semen Into Arm to Cure Back Pain, Ends Up in Hospital
The doctors behind the new case study note that the semen-injecting patient demonstrates the risks of experimenting on yourself prior to safety-assessed clinical research.

Flea

Post by Flea »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Man Injects 18 'Doses' of Semen Into Arm to Cure Back Pain, Ends Up in Hospital
The doctors behind the new case study note that the semen-injecting patient demonstrates the risks of experimenting on yourself prior to safety-assessed clinical research.
I can't possibly conceive why anyone would do that. I hope he's had a "come to Jesus" moment.
Now it's dark.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Clams wrote:I'm so sad.
Man, so sorry to hear about that.
Be sure you give yourself permission to feel all the things: sad, confused, shocked angry, because you will.
Hug your loved ones, be kind to yourself, and let me know if you want to chat.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Man Injects 18 'Doses' of Semen Into Arm to Cure Back Pain, Ends Up in Hospital
I can't possibly conceive why anyone would do that. I hope he's had a "come to Jesus" moment.

Fuck off, Jesus, get your own semen!