3DD NC

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: 3DD NC

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
that was rhetorical, but that's a pretty low bar, I wouldn't drink any of that stuff you listed. Do they still even make Old Milwaukee?

I sure hope not. Nasty stuff.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
that was rhetorical, but that's a pretty low bar, I wouldn't drink any of that stuff you listed. Do they still even make Old Milwaukee?

as is everything else on that list. I remember the late Tim Richmond driving for Old Milwaukee
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

"You know, I had an idea like that one time."

"Oh really. What was it, Tom?"

"Well okay. It was a j-j-jump to c-conclusions mat."

whatwouldcooleydo?

The Drifter wrote:"You know, I had an idea like that one time."

those feet look slightly familiar, I'm down with the color :lol:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

yes they still make old milwaukee.
Let me give you some context. Up until last Nov the county I live in (Cleburne County, Al) was the only semi-dry county in the nation - that meant you could sell alcohol, we even have one ABC Store! but other than wine coolers/malt liquors, alcohol could only be served "hot" (unrefrigerated). Most of my "working" life I've been below the poverty line, so basically I grew up on drinking "hot" natural light/busch light, cuz it was the cheapest, so I've just got into enjoying beer the past few years when I got out of the county. The only "premium" (not on above list) beers available are Sam Adams/Heinekin/Beck's/Landshark/Yuengling/Newcastle Brown ale and recently Sweetwater and they're only available at Wal-Mart, and the only other beers in a 30 mile radius are on that list.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

The Drifter wrote:"You know, I had an idea like that one time."

those feet look slightly familiar, I'm down with the color :lol:

I think they just stepped on the upper right hand corner conclusion. What are they going to do next year???

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

The beast!

drank my fair share...
around here, if you drink Sam Adams you're a homosexual. Juss the way it is.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

The beast!

drank my fair share...
around here, if you drink Sam Adams you're a homosexual. Juss the way it is.

around here if you drink Sam Adams you have bad taste in beer. Just the way it is.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:around here if you drink Sam Adams you have bad taste in beer. Just the way it is.

Same here - but around here if you're under 30 - you drink Bud Light - older than 30 - Budweiser, or some other bland cheap domestic brand

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:yes they still make old milwaukee.
Let me give you some context. Up until last Nov the county I live in (Cleburne County, Al) was the only semi-dry county in the nation - that meant you could sell alcohol, we even have one ABC Store! but other than wine coolers/malt liquors, alcohol could only be served "hot" (unrefrigerated). Most of my "working" life I've been below the poverty line, so basically I grew up on drinking "hot" natural light/busch light, cuz it was the cheapest, so I've just got into enjoying beer the past few years when I got out of the county. The only "premium" (not on above list) beers available are Sam Adams/Heinekin/Beck's/Landshark/Yuengling/Newcastle Brown ale and recently Sweetwater and they're only available at Wal-Mart, and the only other beers in a 30 mile radius are on that list.

I feel for you. My door is open any time you wanna come to Nor-Cal and experience Beervana! Once you get a love for the hops you'll never go back :lol:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

oh I forgot about Michelob Amber Bock. Definitely queer if you drink that.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I feel for you. My door is open any time you wanna come to Nor-Cal and experience Beervana! Once you get a love for the hops you'll never go back :lol:

that's the stuff I dream about! I've never even had an IPA!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:oh I forgot about Michelob Amber Bock. Definitely queer if you drink that.

you gotta love peeps in a place called "Fruithurst" callling people queer if they drink good beer

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:

that's the stuff I dream about! I've never even had an IPA!

Smitty, seriously, get out here, I'll learn you proper when it comes to beer. Plus we have the best smoke, and the women are mighty fine as well. Football, not so much, but with the beer and the smoke and the women, who needs football :lol:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Smitty, seriously, get out here, I'll learn you proper. Plus we have the best smoke, and the women are mighty fine as well. Football, not so much, but with the beer and the smoke and the women, who needs football :lol:

I can live without football, and I got the woman thing covered - but smoke & drink are worth the trip.
I need a crash course in "quality" beers. I know a thing or two about cigars and I enjoy a good wine, but never even really experienced beer "connoissuers" until I joined 9b

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:
Smitty, seriously, get out here, I'll learn you proper. Plus we have the best smoke, and the women are mighty fine as well. Football, not so much, but with the beer and the smoke and the women, who needs football :lol:

I can live without football, and I got the woman thing covered - but smoke & drink are worth the trip.
I need a crash course in "quality" beers. I know a thing or two about cigars and I enjoy a good wine, but never even really experienced beer "connoissuers" until I joined 9b

we know wine as well- only 2.5 hours from Sonoma and Napa. Yeah, it gets a little self-indulgent out there, but what can you do?

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Smitty wrote:

we know wine as well- only 2.5 hours from Sonoma and Napa. Yeah, it gets a little self-indulgent out there, but what can you do?

yeah sounds fuckin great. the only thing we're known for in these parts is fuckin meth... and hell ya'll got the claim to even coming up with most of that!

oh well, we exported Hank Williams & DBT....

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:oh well, we exported Hank Williams & DBT....

and you got that goin' 4 ya! Yeah, unfortunately we have all the meth you could want around here, which is nothin' to be proud of.... unless you're from Oklahoma. I kid, I kid :lol:

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Smitty wrote:yeah sounds fuckin great. the only thing we're known for in these parts is fuckin meth... and hell ya'll got the claim to even coming up with most of that!

all is forgiven
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Steve French wrote:
Smitty wrote:yeah sounds fuckin great. the only thing we're known for in these parts is fuckin meth... and hell ya'll got the claim to even coming up with most of that!

all is forgiven

you also have Bobbie & Donnie Allison, but then again you also have Taylor Hicks

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

and you got that goin' 4 ya! Yeah, unfortunately we have all the meth you could want around here, which is nothin' to be proud of.... unless you're from Oklahoma. I kid, I kid :lol:

lol no it's absolutely nothing to be proud of... if I could wipe one substance, any substance off the earth I'd get rid of that shit... but thats another story...
ok out of what I listed for ya (I'm buzzin and this is off the top of my head):
Newcastle Brown Ale
Fat Tire
Yuengling
Landshark
Red Stripe Light
various Sam Adams brews
Budweiser American Ale

what should I try next?
(its all I got to choose from)

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Steve French wrote:

all is forgiven

you also have Bobbie & Donnie Allison, but then again you also have Taylor Hicks

we should get credit for Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

not to mention muscle shoals...

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:

lol no it's absolutely nothing to be proud of... if I could wipe one substance, any substance off the earth I'd get rid of that shit... but thats another story...
Newcastle Brown Ale
Fat Tire
Yuengling
Landshark
Red Stripe Light
various Sam Adams brews
Budweiser American Ale

what should I try next?

If that is literally all you have to choose from, Fat Tire. It's the only one that's not mass-produced swill. Can you get Sierra Nevada beer there? that's better than all those

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

is the Red Stripe the Jamaican beer? I've had that before and its OK: it was at a Jamaican restaurant (sadly, not IN Jamaica)

http://www.redstripebeer.com/
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:we should get credit for Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki!

Well, I'm more old school than Davey, rest his soul! Wasn't Kulwicki from Wisconsin?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Steve French wrote:is the Red Stripe the Jamaican beer? I've had that before and its OK: it was at a Jamaican restaurant (sadly, not IN Jamaica)

http://www.redstripebeer.com/

yep, it's from Jamaica.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

If that is literally all you have to choose from, Fat Tire. It's the only one that's not mass-produced swill. Can you get Sierra Nevada beer there? that's better than all those

appreciate it - I'll look for Sierra Nevada - never saw it :P

you're right - I dont know why I said Alan Kulwicki

missdazey

Post by missdazey »

Smitty wrote:

Newcastle Brown Ale
Fat Tire
Yuengling
Landshark
Red Stripe Light
various Sam Adams brews
Budweiser American Ale

what should I try next?

IMO.. Yuengling should be your only choice. where I live, we don't have America's finest brew ;) there are warm sunny days I yearn for a cold bottle of Yuengling... shit, who am I kidding.. warm sunny days, cold rainy nights, snowstorms...
mmmmmmmm beer.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Smitty wrote:

appreciate it - I'll look for Sierra Nevada - never saw it :P

you're right - I dont know why I said Alan Kulwicki

Sierra Nevada is my all time favorite. I'm not as down on Sam Adams as WWCD is though. The seasonal varietals are quite good actually, just stay away from the Boston Lager.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved