RIP Steve Jobs

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LuthierJustin

RIP Steve Jobs

Post by LuthierJustin »

LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Very sad. A true visionary. RIP
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

speedo

Post by speedo »

rip Steve - you were crazy enough
Last edited by speedo on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
make it breathe make it sweat
go as deep as you can get

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Oh man. Figured this was coming but not so soon.

Pancreatic cancer is vicious. Along with his many, many other accomplishments it's impressive how long he was able to stay healthy and keep working. Thanks Steve.
Beebs is not a ragey man

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

RIP

- sent from my iPhone
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Other than the Ipod, I've never been a fan of Apple products, but man that guy was a genius. Not only as an inventor, but as a marketer. He and Woz created Apple, and then he came back and saved it, and made it what it is today, just a brilliant man.
Keep calm and have a cigar

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Pirates of Silicon Valley, I believe a CBS movie of the week about the creation of Apple and Microsoft, starring Noah Wyle (ER) as Steve Jobs and Anthony Michael Hall (National Lampoon's Vacation, SNL) as Bill Gates. Best line of the whole movie "we're better our stuff is better"- Steve "you don't get it, tat doesn't matter"- Bill

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

As a Mac user since 1986 and almost every day since then, it is with profound gratitude that I say farewell to Steve Jobs. If it were not for him, my life, and the lives of countless millions would be far different than it is today. Rest in peace Steve.

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

First time mac man and three year owner not looking back. Itunes convert as well and I tend to be an analog guy. Hats off to the man, a true innovator.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Hope you guys don't take this as bad taste, but in light of twitter and FB being completely inundated with Jobs' postings, the Onion hit it on the head--

http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-user-acting-like-his-dad-just-died,26270/

That posted, Jobs was an incredible businessman, who definitely changed the way people perceived and interacted with technology. The road would have probably reached the same destination, but not as scenic.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Flying Rabbit wrote:Hope you guys don't take this as bad taste, but in light of twitter and FB being completely inundated with Jobs' postings, the Onion hit it on the head--

http://www.theonion.com/articles/apple-user-acting-like-his-dad-just-died,26270/

That posted, Jobs was an incredible businessman, who definitely changed the way people perceived and interacted with technology. The road would have probably reached the same destination, but not as scenic.

Funny article. I think this one is better:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/last-american-who-knew-what-the-fuck-he-was-doing,26268/
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Image

Funny because its true. Many a swears have crossed my lips when that beach ball o' death appears.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Apple is the Harley Davidson of personal computers given the customer loyalty.

Anyone here remember the US Festival? Joe Strummer publically insulted Van Halen the apologized to Clash fans for playing it. Strummer's meltdown continued as he fired Mick Jones shortly thereafter, thus ending The Clash as a viable band. (The Strummer fronted band that recorded Cut The Crap was bogus and unworthy of The Clash name.)
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

I personally do not own any apple products, but I recognize the fact that the innovations of Steve Jobs made the products I own better. He was a true genius.

Anytime someone dies and there is this much attention given to it, I tend to ponder my own mortality, and wonder what I will be remembered for.

Mr. Jobs will be remembered for his work with computers and cell phones...I can only hope that I am NOT remembered for what is found on my computer and cell phone after I pass.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs...
the price of bein' sober is bein' scared out of your mind....

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

If you're using Windows thank Steve Jobs.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

technically thank Xerox, Apple got their first GUI from Xerox then let Microsoft write programs for it on the Mac and Microsoft Pirated it messed with it and called it Windows.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I really like the story that I read where he talked about dropping acid. He said that Bill Gates' problem was that he had never taken LSD.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »