3DD Hurricane Party

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: 3DD Hurricane Party

Post by Swamp »

The media has the Mrs scared shitless again but I'm armed to the teeth and we ain't goin' down without a fight.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Swamp wrote:The media has the Mrs scared shitless again but I'm armed to the teeth and we ain't goin' down without a fight.

like Sonny Liston!!!

Best of luck to you all, I know this isn't your first hurricane, so stay safe, ride out the storm, and get back to the questions!
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Swamp wrote:The media has the Mrs scared shitless again but I'm armed to the teeth and we ain't goin' down without a fight.
Picturing Swamp w/ a cutlass between his teeth and a bottle of rum (bourbon also acceptable) in one hand while he shakes his fist at the storm w/ his other.

Stay safe my friends.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Picturing Swamp w/ a cutlass between his teeth and a bottle of rum (bourbon also acceptable) in one hand while he shakes his fist at the storm w/ his other.

Stay safe my friends.
If it's Swamp, it'll be a bottle of Dickel.

Also, why would one be armed for a hurricane?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Clams wrote:Also, why would one be armed for a hurricane?
That's the burning question ain't it?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
you always gotta be prepared for CHUD

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Clams wrote: Also, why would one be armed for a hurricane?
Tequila Cowboy wrote: That's the burning question ain't it?
To ward off folks trying to steal the Dickel in Hour 3 when the supplies are gone and people get desperate.

How the hell do y'all not know this?
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

schlanky wrote:
Clams wrote: Also, why would one be armed for a hurricane?
Tequila Cowboy wrote: That's the burning question ain't it?
To ward off folks trying to steal the Dickel in Hour 3 when the supplies are gone and people get desperate.

How the hell do y'all not know this?
A fine answer schlanky, but I'm going in a different direction. Geez, ain't anybody here ever read/seen King Lear, Moby Dick, etc etc etc. If you can't rage against the fates, the gods, the looters, the randomness of the universe in full, and fully armed, regalia what else is there?

Yes, of course it's Dickel. I just felt it would be a little too product placementy.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
you always gotta be prepared for CHUD
Cannibalistic Human Underground Dwellers. YES!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Ain't any of yall seen sharknado? Well we also have crocs and gators down here!
There's no underground in florida, that's why we ain''t got basements.
Thanks for the TP wwcd, which reminds me, we have some mutual friends in our DBT family that drove from Indiana to Gainsville and back to rescue their daughter. Thing is the gators there are mostly harmless :roll:

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Gah. The damned thing changed course and now my parents (and many, many other people) are in for a direct hit.

Was trying to get them to go spend the weekend with family up in SC but they thought I was being ridiculous.
Beebs is not a ragey man

whatwouldcooleydo?

Swamp wrote:Ain't any of yall seen sharknado? Well we also have crocs and gators down here!
There's no underground in florida, that's why we ain''t got basements.
Thanks for the TP wwcd, which reminds me, we have some mutual friends in our DBT family that drove from Indiana to Gainsville and back to rescue their daughter. Thing is the gators there are mostly harmless :roll:
Gators certainly looked harmless against Michigan last week :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Any thread with references to CHUD and Sharknado is the #1 contender for Thread of the Year

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Not to mention flying cottenmouths! Luckily Mrs S is a pretty good shot and as you all know,
she's got a loaded gun in the closet.
Sorry to disapoint yall that thought I'd be hoarding my Dickel but I'm actually very generous with it and have made 3 giant punch bowls of DBTs which every one of yall are invited to partake especially you Zip!
Without question weed and BYOWOC

whatwouldcooleydo?

anyone else remember this band? I used to have this on vinyl, hell, I might still have it

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Woke up on our own private island this morning. Lieske went with me as we swam the perimeter looking for sharks.
Didn't see any but one of those black plastic 1 gal plant pots floated up and he had a conniption fit and then killed it.
Still have plenty of DBTs.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Swamp wrote:Woke up on our own private island this morning. Lieske went with me as we swam the perimeter looking for sharks.
Didn't see any but one of those black plastic 1 gal plant pots floated up and he had a conniption fit and then killed it.
Still have plenty of DBTs.
Right on, Swamp. Stay safe brother.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
We've reached peak "Florida man" (and that takes some doin')

Clams

Post by Clams »

The live footage on MSNBC right now, which might be a simulcast of The Weather Channel, is just insane.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

They say we are going to get 100mph winds. I don't know. I have to work tomorrow either way. Right out there in it. Woo hoo!
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:They say we are going to get 100mph winds. I don't know. I have to work tomorrow either way. Right out there in it. Woo hoo!
Jumping Jeebus! You aren't going to be roofing, are you? Being on the ground would not be insane, but on a roof? Plus I didn't think you could put down roofing in heavy rain.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:They say we are going to get 100mph winds. I don't know. I have to work tomorrow either way. Right out there in it. Woo hoo!
Jumping Jeebus! You aren't going to be roofing, are you? Being on the ground would not be insane, but on a roof? Plus I didn't think you could put down roofing in heavy rain.
Oh Lord no. No roofing.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Thanks John, you just reminded me of something I need to do on the roof.

John A Arkansawyer

From the The Duality of the Southern Thing Dept.:
Cole Younger wrote:
Oh Lord no. No roofing.
Swamp wrote:Thanks John, you just reminded me of something I need to do on the roof.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

We lost power about 5 am monday morning just before I was going to post an update. I never made it to the roof as Mrs S decided it would be a good time to do some shots. I realize it was a diversionary tactic but any time she wants to do shots I play along ;) We cook with gas and have a free flowing well so we didn't miss the electric that much. We were lucky that the weather wasn't that hot until yesterday and the power came back about 1 pm.
Not any damage besides shit being blown out of trees. We have a couple of washington palms in the front yard that lost some palms but all the palms were in a pile at the base of the trees and not scattered around the yard. Very strange. We had boarded up the windows to keep flying debris out. We just made it with ice. I had a generator but couldn't get it started last week so I went searching for a new one. They were all gone and I had a coupon for one at harbor freight. As I was leaving one store a nice man in a trench coat, fedora and Patterson grin sold me a compressor. He said it would turn air into electricity. I must have got a defected one :roll:
All in all (for us) the storm was blessing and a curse, but I have to go clean debres in town so l'll splain later.

Swamp

blessing and a curse

Post by Swamp »

The eye was suppose to pass closest to us on monday morning but the water got to it's highest mark sunday morning then went down a little but never came back up. At it highest it was nowhere as high as it has gotten during past storms including northeasterns. We are pretty far inland and don't live near any bodies of water that could suffer from "storm surge" I sipped on DBTs and flipped from one news cast to the other taking a shot everytime they said "storm surge"
Our drive way is the lowest part of the property and as you drive down it you go over a 48" culvert that the little creek that runs north, and is also my west property line.(cottenmouth creek) The drive through gates to my front yard are on the east side of the culvert and then it's uphill about 50 yds to the swamp. Sunday morning as I stated ealier was the highest the water got and was about a quater way up the hill and the gates were open cause I didn't want them to break under the pressure of the water flowing thru.
But then for some reason I changed my mind and thought the water might eat a ditch accross the northwest corner of my property. So I waded down, shut the gates and put a chain around them. And if that wasn't enough I put concret blocks along the bottom of the gates. That's when I shook my fist and the storm btb. And that's when the water went down. As I walked back up the hill I stuck my shrubury shovel in the ground at the high water mark.
Monday afternoon when the storm cleared out I went down to see how the gate held up. :shock: 50 ' of the fence (chain link) and gate was a 3' high sand bar. Beautiful white sand. Marina had been on my ass about bringing in some sand to spread around.
Also the metal roof I recently built got ultimate test which has been one of my proudest moments. Marina will tell you a piece flew off but that don't count cause I never fastened that piece down.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Continued from above. Of corse there's the money (blessing) but I've been working to dark 30 everyday (curse) and I will have to work today, on a saturday! :roll:
The money will help in our trip to georgia at the end of the month. We didn't think we'd be able to make it.
We're going to Waycross for the Gram Parsons Guitar Pull. You're welcome to tag along Clams.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Swamp wrote:Continued from above. Of corse there's the money (blessing) but I've been working to dark 30 everyday (curse) and I will have to work today, on a saturday! :roll:
The money will help in our trip to georgia at the end of the month. We didn't think we'd be able to make it.
We're going to Waycross for the Gram Parsons Guitar Pull. You're welcome to tag along Clams.
In! :)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote:
Swamp wrote:Continued from above. Of corse there's the money (blessing) but I've been working to dark 30 everyday (curse) and I will have to work today, on a saturday! :roll:
In! :)
Great, I'll tell Mrs Swamp to bake a pie.

John A Arkansawyer