Mrs. W in IA

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

one belt loop

Re: Mrs. W in IA

Post by one belt loop »

Thinking of you guys, GW. xoxo
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Hey guys, just checking in. Internet is spotty at best here at the in-laws. Yesterday was a few early morning tests, then sent home for the rest of yesterday and today. Lots of blood work, an EMG, and some test involving sticking small needles directly into her muscles. I guess today we are just hanging out at grandmas, and waiting for our consultation tomorrow. (3:45). Mayo Clinic is a beautiful place, and very easy to navigate. Wish I had some news, but nothing really. Just wanted to say hey, and thanks again for all your thoughts.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

GW in IA wrote:Hey guys, just checking in. Internet is spotty at best here at the in-laws. Yesterday was a few early morning tests, then sent home for the rest of yesterday and today. Lots of blood work, an EMG, and some test involving sticking small needles directly into her muscles. I guess today we are just hanging out at grandmas, and waiting for our consultation tomorrow. (3:45). Mayo Clinic is a beautiful place, and very easy to navigate. Wish I had some news, but nothing really. Just wanted to say hey, and thanks again for all your thoughts.

Thanks for the update, GW. We're all thinking of u and waiting it out w/ you.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

GW in IA wrote:Hey guys, just checking in. Internet is spotty at best here at the in-laws. Yesterday was a few early morning tests, then sent home for the rest of yesterday and today. Lots of blood work, an EMG, and some test involving sticking small needles directly into her muscles. I guess today we are just hanging out at grandmas, and waiting for our consultation tomorrow. (3:45). Mayo Clinic is a beautiful place, and very easy to navigate. Wish I had some news, but nothing really. Just wanted to say hey, and thanks again for all your thoughts.

Thanks buddy, appreciate the update. You guys are in my thoughts every day. Positive vibes are aimed squarely at Rochester, MN today.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Thanks for the update GW. Thinking about y'all everyday!

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Erdlivz wrote:Thanks for the update GW. Thinking about y'all everyday!

x2
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

lynne

Post by lynne »

Thanks for the update also. You have been on my mind all week. Keeping lots of positive thoughts for you and your family!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

lynne wrote:Thanks for the update also. You have been on my mind all week. Keeping lots of positive thoughts for you and your family!

X2
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Lurleen McQueen

Thoughts and prayers floating in the airwaves between the Dirty South and Mayo this morning.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:Thoughts and prayers floating in the airwaves between the Dirty South and Mayo this morning.

Also coming from CT this afternoon. Thanks for the updates, much appreciated! We're all hoping for the best for you.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Well kids, wish there was somthing else I could say. Mayo Clinic agreed, looks like ALS.
We were pretty well prepared for this, as none of our previous Dr.s showed any doubt, but still, its a blow everytime.
Due to her age, (37) and good overall health, she seems to be a shoe in for a new experimental drug trial starting later this month.
I know she has been wanting to chime in here for a long time,but not sure she knows what to say. Just know that she has seen every post, and knows you are all pulling for her.
I'll catch up a little more later.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

GW in IA wrote:Well kids, wish there was somthing else I could say. Mayo Clinic agreed, looks like ALS.
We were pretty well prepared for this, as none of our previous Dr.s showed any doubt, but still, its a blow everytime.
Due to her age, (37) and good overall health, she seems to be a shoe in for a new experimental drug trial starting later this month.
I know she has been wanting to chime in here for a long time,but not sure she knows what to say. Just know that she has seen every post, and knows you are all pulling for her.

So sorry GW. I don't have the words, but I'm (like every one else here) behind you and Patty every step of the way. All my thoughts.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Lurleen McQueen

GW in IA wrote:Well kids, wish there was somthing else I could say. Mayo Clinic agreed, looks like ALS.

Well, I am so sorry to hear that the diagnosis was confirmed, but hopeful about the experimental drug trial. There just are not enough words - or maybe I just can't find them - to tell you how much I wish y'all didn't have to face this. We are all going to be here for you as best we can - we're a rough and rowdy crew, but we've got big hearts and they are with the W's tonight.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

{{{ G & Mrs W }}}
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

lynne

Post by lynne »

I too am very sorry to hear that the diagnosis has been confirmed. Please know that you and Patty remain in my thoughts and prayers. Her age and overall good health is a positive and I hope with all my heart that the experimental drug trial is able to help.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

beantownbubba wrote:{{{ G & Mrs W }}}

x2
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

beantownbubba wrote:{{{ G & Mrs W }}}

X3

Never lose faith

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Shit. I was really hoping they would be wrong. I'm glad to hear there is an experimental drug, though, that sounds promising. My love, faith, prayers and heart go out to you and your family. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. Geez, I just turned 37 myself a few days ago, I just can't imagine what you're going through, I'm so sorry.
Positive thoughts, though, you are not alone, you've got all of us Heathens with you!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Clams

Post by Clams »

:(

I think about you guys every day...

I hope you have some success with that drug trial. Hang in there.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Just wanted to chime in with my best wishes and thoughts for you all. I wish there was something magical I could say or do that actually helped. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

sg207

Post by sg207 »

My thoughts have been with you all week, and will continue to be. While this news is discouraging, I'm hoping for the best with the new drug. Please keep us in the loop, and hang in there best you can.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

njMark

Post by njMark »

Damn I can't think of anything to say other than I really hope things come out okay for you guys. The bestest best of luck any wishes for ya.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I'm thinking about and wishing the best for you all. I really hope the experimental drug trial has great success.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

So sorry that the diagnosis was confirmed. Please know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you all the best with the treatment.
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

Hey, Mrs. W in IA!

Just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers every night and will continue to be as you and your family work through this horrible diagnosis. Wake up every morning determined to stay on the positive side of things. Right now, the positive side is that you've still got the experimental treatment to try, which I hope and pray goes well with you. Stay strong, girl!
SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I'm very sorry to hear that the diagnosis has been confirmed. I hope that the experimental drug you speak of, can provide you guys w/a remedy. My thoughts are with you & I am sending positive vibes your way.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Is it a trial where she actually gets the drug, or is there a placebo arm?
Always go to the show

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Jonicont wrote:Is it a trial where she actually gets the drug, or is there a placebo arm?

She has a 50/50 chance of getting the drug vs. getting the placebo. 12 to 18 months.

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

Gary - As others have already said, I'm sorry that the diagnosis was confirmed. You guys have been in my thoughts every day. As far as the experimental treatment is concerned, that does sound promising and something to be optimistic about. Even if she gets the placebo, if the drug is successful for others, that is something to still be optimistic about in the future. I'll continue to send positive thoughts your way. We love you guys.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Shit man, so very sorry to hear the confirmation. You, your mrs. and your family are in my thoughts buddy. Fingers crossed for that med to work.