Baseball 2011

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Slipkid42

Re: Baseball 2011

Post by Slipkid42 »

Orioles annual death spiral appears to have begun in the 2nd week in April. That's even earlier than usual.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Hendry's gonna have to get deeper than a hug.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Now I know it isn't MLB, I'm watching Bill Pulsipher follow in the footsteps of Tim Raines, Carlos Baerga and others in reserecting their careers in the Atlantic League.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Giants have won 6 straight without scoring more than 4 runs in any of the games.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bosox finally reach .500 and do it in style by sweeping the Yankees in New York!!

Lester struggled all nite but gutted out an ultimately impressive 6 innings, and now has the best winning percentage of any pitcher in baseball history.

David Ortiz hit a broken bat home run.

Kevin Youkilis reached base on a 3d strike passed ball TWICE in this series and scored BOTH times.

PENNANT FEVER [FINALLY] GRIPS HUB!! :D :D :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

2 out of 3 from the Phillies. Again.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

brstigerfan wrote:Image

^this
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Clams

Post by Clams »

LuthierJustin wrote:
brstigerfan wrote:Image

^this

Enjoy it now, boys. I look forward to revisiting this topic come September.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Looks like the Reds are getting healthier and starting to wake up a bit too. And good to see Phillips and Cuteo both step up against St. Louis this weekend.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

beantownbubba wrote:Bosox finally reach .500 and do it in style by sweeping the Yankees in New York!!

Lester struggled all nite but gutted out an ultimately impressive 6 innings, and now has the best winning percentage of any pitcher in baseball history.

I am so glad the O's won't be facing Lester in this short series. His best winning % in MLB history is achieved largely at the expense of Baltimore. Great sweep of the Yanks. They seem discombobulated (Posada feels like a 9th wheel). Their pitching is looking shaky. You can't stick a fork in them, but I can see a day when the Yankees are sucking hind titty in the AL East.
O.K. Boston, that's all the love I can give you (as NY is the only team I root for the Sox to beat). You may now revert back to your struggling ways, please.

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Clams wrote:
Enjoy it now, boys. I look forward to revisiting this topic come September.

You are most likely right. We went through this same deal last year...actually leading most of the way. But, I would take another WildCard this season. I really like our pitching. It may sound crazy, but I feel our pitching (starters and bullpen) is better than what the Phillies got. Our bats don't match up with y'all though.

cortez the killer

Slipkid42 wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Bosox finally reach .500 and do it in style by sweeping the Yankees in New York!!

I am so glad the O's won't be facing Lester in this short series. His best winning % in MLB history is achieved largely at the expense of Baltimore. Great sweep of the Yanks. They seem discombobulated (Posada feels like a 9th wheel). Their pitching is looking shaky. You can't stick a fork in them, but I can see a day when the Yankees are sucking hind titty in the AL East.
O.K. Boston, that's all the love I can give you (as NY is the only team I root for the Sox to beat). You may now revert back to your struggling ways, please.

Last night was reminiscent of the Mother's Day Miracle (or Massacre if you are an O's fan) of 2007.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yeah, very much so, Cortez. I was there that Mother's Day :D

Looks like the Sox are back to a 3 man rotation, but if the bats are truly back, that could be enough, especially at home. No doubt that Adrian G is the real deal, unlike certain free agent pitchers I can name. Barring injury, if the Sox make the playoffs he's gonna be right up there for MVP. Still holding out hopes for Crawford but you know it's bad when a Gold Glover w/ big time speed looks as bad in the field as he does at the plate.

cortez the killer

- DPM

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

cortez the killer wrote:Image
R.I.P. "Killer"

I have is autograph somewhere, my dad got it when he was a kid and living in DC and Harmon was with the Senators
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

cortez the killer wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:

Last night was reminiscent of the Mother's Day Miracle (or Massacre if you are an O's fan) of 2007.

cortez,
When you've witnessed a game like the one we had against Texas 4-5 years ago, then games like last night are just another day @ the park. You might remember the game I'm talking about. It was the one we led by a field goal 3-0 in the 4th inning, only to get outscored by 4 touchdowns, 4 extra points & a field goal in losing 30-3 (the all-time worst beatdown). The Ravens hadn't given up 30 points in a game for 5 years preceding that meltdown.
Kudos to the Sox for not giving up when the game should've been over. O's pen has some issues to say the least, but probably would have held on if not for 2 errors. The costliest one by the 3rd baseman, Mark Reynolds, who has 7 Es already. Couple that w/the fact he's hitting .175 & prolly leads the League in strikeouts, and I'd have to say C. Crawford looks like a bargain.

Clams

Post by Clams »

it would be great if the phillies could score a couple of runs...

mwh

Post by mwh »

Erdlivz wrote:Image

Hendry's gonna have to get deeper than a hug.

I don't like this.

cortez the killer

Slipkid42 wrote:cortez,
When you've witnessed a game like the one we had against Texas 4-5 years ago, then games like last night are just another day @ the park. You might remember the game I'm talking about. It was the one we led by a field goal 3-0 in the 4th inning, only to get outscored by 4 touchdowns, 4 extra points & a field goal in losing 30-3 (the all-time worst beatdown). The Ravens hadn't given up 30 points in a game for 5 years preceding that meltdown.
Kudos to the Sox for not giving up when the game should've been over. O's pen has some issues to say the least, but probably would have held on if not for 2 errors. The costliest one by the 3rd baseman, Mark Reynolds, who has 7 Es already. Couple that w/the fact he's hitting .175 & prolly leads the League in strikeouts, and I'd have to say C. Crawford looks like a bargain.

I do vaguely remember that game. On the plus side, you can never be called a fair-weather fan.
- DPM

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Fucking Cody Ross
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Enjoy your sweep this weekend, Sox fans
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:Enjoy your sweep this weekend, Sox fans

It's not even Memorial Day, eeyore!! :o

Some sweet wins for the townies this week. Glad i wasnt sitting thru that weather but the results were certainly good and the late inning excitement was pennant race worthy. Turns out i was a little bit too prescient about that 3 man rotation though. Dice-K and Lackey both on the DL and it sounds like Dice might stay there for quite a while.

Clams

Post by Clams »

PS - please stay healthy, Chase
PPS - gotta love the Mets Suck shirt on the guy holding the sign (esp considering that the Phils were playing the Reds not the Mets)

mwh

Post by mwh »

Bernie: Cards' success breeds jealousy

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_b9bde210-86b4-5165-a9aa-c374ce31e3ed.html

"And the Cardinals are definitely the most disliked team in Cincinnati. Absolutely. The favorite sport in the Queen City is pro football. The second-favorite sport there apparently is hating on the Cardinals. The first-place Reds were averaging only 23,368 per home game before drawing another pathetic crowd (16,543) for Wednesday's 5-0 loss to visiting Pittsburgh. The Reds are an outstanding team. They deserve better fan support.

If the Cardinals rank high on the list of most disliked teams, it's for a simple reason: jealousy."

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

or it's because LaRussa is an alcoholic douche bag and the fans are smug pricks.

or jealousy :roll:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Carl Crawford went 4 3 4 2 w/ 2 doubles & a HR today in a shellacking of the Indians. If this means he's finally getting on track, this could most definitely turn into a fun summer :) At the very least I think we can safely say that he's no longer in danger of threatening the Mendoza line.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I'm not exactly overjoyed by that news, bubba.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Go Bravos! Hits like that remind me why they keep Conrad around.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Oddly enough, the Sox just played 2 straight weekday day games in 2 different cities. I'm guessing that it's been a while since that's happened in MLB (outside Chicago of course). Anyway, they clearly ought to do it more often. 2 straight whompings of 2 different teams (assuming Cleveland's at least somewhat for real) w/ carl crawford coming alive big time. Another 4 hit game today, this time w/ TWO triples, thus probably matching the Sox' season total from last year, lol. If the season ended today his day/night differential might be an all time record.

Pennant fever grips Hub!!