Pets

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Pets

Post by beantownbubba »

PonyGirl wrote:With regard to those three hours during which you were asleep and Chester was ailing beside you? Sick animals don’t like fuss. You mentioned that he liked company. Well he had company. You were there, quietly, beside him. My guess would be that that’s exactly what he wanted. You were there for him.
Yes, an important observation that I had meant to touch on earlier.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

not my pets, but it made me smile so I thought I would post

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

this is great :D :D :D

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Get that dog a trampoline!
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

Our rooster exploring snow for the first time
A girl as plain as a primer coat

whatwouldcooleydo?

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

This is Archimedes. He "ruined" Christmas this year. We were visiting my wife's family in WNC for the holidays. Our second full day there, we were en route to Asheville to eat a nice lunch, drink some beers, and generally enjoy that great town, when my dad called to say that Archimedes had bolted out their front door and couldn't be caught. We immediately drove back to my in-laws' house, booked tickets, drove to ATL (getting into downtown right around rush hour), and flew back to Denver that night to search for our dog. Booking same-day travel on December 22 was about as lovely as you'd expect.

He's a shelter rescue who was found with a few other puppies in a wood pile on the rez in New Mexico. No mother to be found. We suspect he may have been dumped there, and may have experienced some sort of human-related trauma early on. He's very, very skittish and distrustful of humans (particularly men), so we figured the chances were slim-to-none that he'd allow himself to be caught. So between that and the fact that Colorado in December is very much not a pleasant living-outdoors environment, we decided we had to get back ASAP to find him.

Long story short, after 24 hours on the lam, he found his way back to my parents' house. Whether he just memorized his route, traced his own scent, or smelled our clothes that we had left on the front porch, we don't know. At least the latter suggests that our coming home was more than an empty gesture. He was just lying there on my shirt and my wife's sweater waiting for my parents when they took a break from searching.

So that's Archimedes.

This is Rufus. He's a great cat. My wife got him in college, but he was named "Reefer" at the time and was in a refrigerator when she went to pick him up. Now he's 16 and going strong.

This is Lucifee. Also a great cat.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

So glad he came back. Nothing worst than not knowing.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

That's quite a story ndavis86. Glad your pup came home. We would have done the same thing.

Our cat Luella, who was born feral, got out on the day of the NCAA Championship 1/6/14. It was unusually cold her in Mississippi with a daytime high of about 20 I think. Our back door blew open, she got out and our dog Lena chased her in the back yard. I tried to get Luella but she jumped the fence. We had guest that night and all of us looked for her with no success. We put out flyers, FB posts and nada. When we were at Homecoming a month later our cat sitter, who was at the house feeding the other cat, said she was sure she saw Luella in the yard. We got back, hunted some more but still didn't find her. About 2 months later we were having coffee and there she was in the yard. I tried to get her inside but she had gone back to being pretty feral and scratched and bit me. After that we didn't see her for about 2 weeks and by then had put our house on the market so bringing her in, taking her to the vet, getting her bathed, etc. just to escape again didn't seem to make sense. We decided to feed her at the back fence in a cat crate so that we could get her in when the house sold. It worked. On 7/6/14, 6 months to the date she got out, we easily closed the crate and took her to the vet bringing her to our new home a few days later. Since our older cat, Miss Chicken, died this past year Luella has become my trusted office assistant. Usually sitting on my desk for the entire work day.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

"Our" cat Salem turns 20 today. The other one Lily turns 20 in a couple months. I'm not a cat person. In fact cats are one of the 3 things my dad taught me to hate. Wolf knows what one is and the last is a country in Europe. (I'll get to that in a later thread)
Anyways I adapted or came around and tolerated the many cats "we" have had over the years. 37 yeears in March (marrieed + 1 just living together) Back when we had outside cats we had less snakes and they loved to eat the guts of the quail I would shoot in the neighborhood. The first few years we lived out here we had no money and I killed wild pigs and quail to eat. The turkeys were way too smart. Why are domestic turkeys so stupid.
But the point of this story is Mrs S is under the impression that the last thing the cats see before they shut thier eyes for good is her. So she don't want to leave town and come home to a dead cat. They seem pretty heathy to me and could last another 5 years. I know I'm heartless. I don't even need to ask btb which will get me less time. But sometimes I feel like I need a long vacation. On a side note,
colodogdoc, answer any cat questions lately :lol:

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Since it was Feb. 14 this week...

Bridal Bouquets Replaced With Cats

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

About to expand the family. Picking up a male Catahoula and a female Mountain Cur.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Flea

Post by Flea »

The newest addition to our household - Norma Jean, aka Abby Norma, aka Baby Satan. Don't let the calmness fool you - it's rare.

Now it's dark.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

That's an awesome looking pooch.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Flea wrote:The newest addition to our household - Norma Jean, aka Abby Norma, aka Baby Satan. Don't let the calmness fool you - it's rare.

Look at those paws! She's going to be a big one, and trouble! Beautiful puppy though.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Flea

Post by Flea »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Flea wrote:The newest addition to our household - Norma Jean, aka Abby Norma, aka Baby Satan. Don't let the calmness fool you - it's rare.

Look at those paws! She's going to be a big one, and trouble! Beautiful puppy though.

She's a Georgia girl. Came from somewhere NW of Atlanta. Came with the ears already cropped, which I really don't care for, but the wifey arranged this. Personally, I would have grabbed a shelter mutt that needed a home. That being said, she is gonna be big, she's already a pain in my assholes, she has the most intense oral fixation I think I've ever seen in a dog, and this cat person really likes her in spite of her damn fool puppy idiocy.
Now it's dark.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

There's a new Slaid Cleaves record out today, which got me thinking about this song from his last one. I liked this song when I first heard it, but when I found out it was about his dog and not about a breakup, it changed it for me, such that now I have a hard time listening to it without choking up.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Clams

Post by Clams »

Roxy enjoying her time on the beach in Delaware last weekend.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

50 bucks to anybody that can beat him.

Of course you have to play with your face.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Last time I posted a video of Lieske, I promised him some Jameson........
Long story short, we got in an arguement over a fish.

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

Swamp wrote:Last time I posted a video of Lieske, I promised him some Jameson........
So cute! We call that game, "Here, Have It. No, Just Kidding."
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

PonyGirl wrote:
Swamp wrote:Last time I posted a video of Lieske, I promised him some Jameson........
No, no, no. He started it!

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

Swamp wrote:
PonyGirl wrote:
No, no, no. He started it!
I know. I'm quoting him. :D
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Yeah Lieske get's real protective over his toy's and when he get's in that mood I stay away from him :D ,
Swamp love's to tease him, it's a game with them two....lol
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Mrs Swamp wrote:Yeah Lieske get's real protective over HIS toy's
You are correct dear, but that was MY fish and I never told him he could keep it.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

When I came out of home depot yesterday with my bandana on, Lieske didn't want to let me in the yruck, but Little Bonnie knew was me.