Pets

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Pets

Post by Clams »

This was one of my favorite threads from 9b, so I'm gonna start the 3DD version.

Tell us about your pets. Post pics and videos, tell us their names, and share stories about all the "crazy stupid shit" that they do.

Roxy is a little mutt that we got 18 months ago from the SPCA. She was a stray so we'll never know what mix she is or how old she is, but we think she's about 3 years old and she's got some bichon, poodle, maltese, westy, maybe even some daschund in her. She's a little loco but also really sweet and funny. A great dog and very doted upon. We also have a leopard gecko named Leo. He doesn't do much but it's fun to watch him chow down on crickets and mealworms. He can lick his eyeballs and he eats his skin after he sheds (cool!). We also have two minnows (Ronnie & Neil) in a fish bowl that we recently rescued from the feeder tank at Petco and my son has a tank with some fish and a small shrimp in his bedroom. Here's Roxy and Leo...

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

pearlysnaps

Re: Pets

Post by pearlysnaps »

I love pet threads....on even the worst of days, a quick perusal through, looking at everyone's happy pets melts my coldest of hearts. I've got two pets: Lucy, my dog is about 4 1/2. I got her from the shelter when she was about 7 months old...she'd never been socialized, exposed to anything, or potty trained. The first 6 months to a year was like bootcamp...socializing her, getting her used to all of the sounds of Brooklyn (where I lived at the time), getting her to not rip my arm out of socket on the leash, etc., etc. etc..... The work has paid off because she is pretty much a great dog these days. One issue we had fairly recently, after I moved just north of NYC, was finding a dogwalker because she wouldn't let them in the house....but we persevered and found a great one.

a test of patience, or doggy torture, you decide

And Ellie is my cat. She is old (between 15-18...I can't be sure because when I first started dating my wife, Ellie remained 13 for a few years...), but is still pretty active. She was originally my wife's grandmother's cat. When she passed away she became my wife's mother's cat. When she passed away, she became my wife's. When I shacked up with the wife, Ellie became more my cat. Her favorite place is on my lap. She is certainly higher maintenance these days though. I give her subcutaneous fluids from an IV bag 3 times a week, she is on special food, and she doesn't clean so well so her hair dreads up. Plus, she has taken to puking more and also leaving turdbomb presents around the house. She also pisses on the dog bed regularly. Oh well, I do love her nonetheless.

Also, I love this picture of my nieces, and me and my brothers' and parents' dogs:

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Lucy and Roxy are great!

We have two bloodhounds, RudyWooten and Annabelle. They're fantastic and spoiled rotten!

This is RW's birthday hat picture

Annabelle sitting on RW

Annabelle

Josh and RW at the Braves game

RW watching MLB network in Asheville

And me and RW snuggling.

Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

NGB is hot.

I have three cats: Cooter, Robert, and Emily.

Cooter, age 10 is the most perfect brown tabby ever. I got him when I was trying to get pregnant, which took forever, so he's like my little baby. He's never done a thing wrong in his life.

Emily and Robert are brother and sister, born 4/20/2008. They're a handful but the girls love 'em!
Robert eats baby wipes whole and shits em out.
He also regularly eats polly pocket dresses and chews through ipod cords.
NSFW

scotto

Post by scotto »

I had two cats--Simon and Virginia, brother and sister--who both left us last year after 19 years of being very loving and dog-like cats.

We still have a dog--Jaxie--a 10-year-old (more or less, she was a rescue dog who'd spent her first two or so years on the streets before we got her) mixed breed who likes to "pleasure herself" and then chase her tail. She's a kitten-killin' bitch. (Was that the maiden voyage of "kitten killin'" as a masturbation eupemism here on ol' 3DD?)

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I have a 2 year old Doberman named Lena and a 19 year old cat (currently recovering from a broken leg) named Mick. My roomate has a 6 year old Dobie named Maggie, so animals outnumber humans here.

Lena- Completely nuts, but lovable.

Mick- Damned good cat. Likes to hang out in the bathtub waiting for someone to turn on the water.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=128#
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Mick looks high and kinda matted.
but I think I dig him.
NSFW

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Mick- Damned good cat. Likes to hang out in the bathtub waiting for someone to turn on the water.

I hope you aren't complaining about his bathtub habit. Our cat (Dolly), who we rescued three years ago, hangs out in the bathroom as well. However, in the words of our six year-old daughter, she likes to stack "Lincoln Logs" in the bathtub. Guess who has to grab a wad of toilet paper every morning and transport it to the toilet? The things we do for love.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

cortez the killer wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Mick- Damned good cat. Likes to hang out in the bathtub waiting for someone to turn on the water.

I hope you aren't complaining about his bathtub habit. Our cat (Dolly), who we rescued three years ago, hangs out in the bathroom as well. However, in the words of our six year-old daughter, likes to stack "Lincoln Logs" in the bathtub. Guess who has to grab a wad of toilet paper every morning and transport it to the toilet? The things we do for love.

:lol:

Well he doesn't do that anyway, wouldn't matter if he did. Nah, I like it but when people come over they wonder what the hell the cat is doing in the bathtub meowing loudly at them, some call it yelling. He want the faucet on, dammit!

And LM, yeah he tends to matte, he never was much of a groomer. I used to have his brother as well, he's been gone a few years, and he would literally groom him. Now it's all me or he looks like hell. He's a lazy bastard, but completely lovable.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Keef!!!!
NSFW

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

After years of begging by my kids we finally gave in and got them a damn dog. They named him Shadow--I wanted to name him Cooley but I was voted down. He was a rescue.

Here he is after his first trip to the groomer.

Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

cortez the killer wrote:

I hope you aren't complaining about his bathtub habit. Our cat (Dolly), who we rescued three years ago, hangs out in the bathroom as well. However, in the words of our six year-old daughter, she likes to stack "Lincoln Logs" in the bathtub. Guess who has to grab a wad of toilet paper every morning and transport it to the toilet? The things we do for love.

Our cat Lucy started doing that. She went through quite a change, we bought a house, and got a dog(Harley, a black lab/hound mix rescue dog), so we asked the vet about it. We put her on prozac, yes, my cat is on prozac, it works, and she is even starting to come out near the dog once in a while.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

This is Al, he adopted me at a no-kill shelter in Salem. Our morning routine is this. We hit the shower, I shower he takes a switz. I dry off, do my towel on the head queen for a day look and he hops up on the toilet seat and howls until you q-tip his ears. Do not ask me what it is with him and have his ears cleaned daily but you don't do it and he will howl till the sun goes done. Also I do not even think about shutting the bathroom door for any bit of privacy, because he will take the molding off the door frame to get in, if he can not get the door open. He is 3 1/2 feet long and weighs in at 26lbs. AKA my little fattie!!!
Last edited by The Black Canary on Mon May 10, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

My beagle Dale, loves to swim and chase sticks.

Bessie, beagle mix,staring at a big ass snapping turtle. I had to hold her back.
Bessie again enjoying the view. Actually she was watching a mouse below the wall.

Thats Bob, beagle/border collie mix.

All three, terrorizing a frog or salamander or something.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Great pics Jeremy. Really.

Dogs rule.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

Roxy is adorable. She definitely looks like she has Bichon in her. We have one, Mr. Peabody, and he is 5 years old. Bichons are the best dogs in the world.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Clams wrote:Great pics Jeremy. Really.

Dogs rule.

x2

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Party Dogs

Leo "Hell No! I ain't forgettin"

Clyde. He follows his nose

Patterson or Paddyboy

Gator Dogs!

Story time

and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Swamp wrote:Image

Coolest "man cave" ever.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

cortez the killer wrote:
Swamp wrote:Image

Coolest "man cave" ever.

Yes it is! I was just going to make the same observation but you beat me to it.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

Emily

Post by Emily »

Everyone's pets are adorable!

I miss my kitties. I don't get to see them very often since I'm at school and they're at home with my momma.

Maria's a scaredy cat but she's sassy:

Isa's a huge troublemaker but she gets away with it because she's cute:

she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Willow

Golden Doodle. She'll be a year old at the end of this month. Lots & lots of energy. Good times.
Puppy pic & one from Easter...

Image Image

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Pics not working GTF.

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Let's try this again...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

There we go! Cute pup!

SmashedinNashville

Post by SmashedinNashville »

Our dog is 2 years old this month.

We got her when she was 6 months. She's just a big old mutt. The mom was Great Pyrenees and the dad was probably a border collie/black lab mix. She basically looks like a black Great Pyrenees with white socks and black spots on them and a white tip on her tail.

The coolest part is that she also has a white Cooley Bird on her chest.

We never noticed it until like 3 months ago. She's been growing so much.
When we first got her it was just a patch of white from her belly to her chest. But now if she sits on her back legs, it looks like a white Cooley Bird silhouette is covering her chest like a tattoo.

She's the coolest dog EVER. :)

Can't post any pics of her right now, but I will add one later tonight.

SmashedinNashville

Post by SmashedinNashville »

Not sure if this is going to work.....

Abbey jumping through a hoop.

Old pic of Abbey. You can't see the Cooley Bird as well. She has grown so much since this photo.

My parents 14 year old Shih Tzu (15 in November). My nephew thought he was someone's wig in the floor the first time they met! lol.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

This Is Jesse the first day I got him. Image
This is Jesse today, on his 15th birthday

He was a shelter dog given to me for my birthday by an ex-gf
We've been through a lot together.
To say he's still kickin ass like when he was younger would be quite a leap.
Our walks are getting shorter and slower, but still good.
I need to help him into the truck these days, and somtimes up the stairs.
He still loves the boat, but this is the first year he can't ride the wave runner any more (somtime I'll find one of those pics)
Him and I are just chillin around the house today, too damn windy and rainy to do any real work.
Last edited by GW in IA on Mon May 10, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

joelle

Post by joelle »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage]Image
Image[ImageImageImageImageImage
hah!
simmer down simmer down simmer down now
simmer down now
quiet dog, bite hard, my god!

simmer down simmer down simmer down now
simmer down now
quiet dog, bite hard let's rock

you keep up the rock, quiet dog bite hard, my god!

joelle

Post by joelle »

ImageImage
oh yeah...i have some turtles too.bob and cheese.
i inherited* them from a former student a few years back
(* meaning, he brought them in for show and tell, and his mom did not want them back. nice.)
they live at school.the kids love them.my colleague across the hall hates them. but then,she doesn't like too much.