iTunes Ping - what's this?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

iTunes Ping - what's this?

Post by Clams »

I just updated to the current version of iTunes and it's trying to get me to sign up for something called Ping. So..... what is it and do I want to do it?
If you don't run you rust

Duke Silver

Re: iTunes Ping - what's this?

Post by Duke Silver »

shitty facebook knock-off. you keep up with artists by following them on ping, similar to "liking" them on fb. i messed with it for about 3 minutes and decided it wasn't worth the time. itunes has been keeping track of my library for over five years now, and the first thing ping does is recommend that i follow katie perry and the black eyed peas? dumb.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Clams

Post by Clams »

Duke Silver wrote:shitty facebook knock-off. you keep up with artists by following them on ping, similar to "liking" them on fb. i messed with it for about 3 minutes and decided it wasn't worth the time. itunes has been keeping track of my library for over five years now, and the first thing ping does is recommend that i follow katie perry and the black eyed peas? dumb.

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks.
If you don't run you rust

garnersound

Post by garnersound »

gates should put a "pong" option on the zune.
we're all just humans being.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

garnersound wrote:gates should put a "pong" option on the zune.
I just wish he'd develop one that would last more that a year & 1/2.