Flu Shots

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Duke Silver

Re: Flu Shots

Post by Duke Silver »

i've had the flu once, when i was 11 or 12. got my first and last flu shot a couple years ago and felt like ass for a week after. i'll take my chances.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

The Black Canary wrote:
Cotter wrote:I won't bother with a popular conspiracy that the gov uses the flu vaccine to test on the population....not that THAT'S ever happened!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you know Cotter, that everytime you do certian financial transactions you are checked out on the terrorist watch list. I have to do it at work for certain transactions, my bank, my mortgage company etc... they all do it now to verify that funds are not being used to fund terrorist.

I believe that.....freakin big brother.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

never going back wrote:They don't use a live virus so you can't get the flu from a flu shot. You can also get a mercury-free flu shot. They aren't hard to find and cost about $3.

Did you know that you can also find mercury in High Fructose Corn Syrup?

NGB, looks like studies shown after the Jan 09 scare shows that the corn syrup claim may not be entirely accurate.

"Woodhall Stopford, MD, MSPH, of Duke University Medical Center, one of the nation’s leading experts in mercury contamination, reviewed the results of total mercury testing of samples of high fructose corn syrup conducted by Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratory (Metairie, LA) in February and March 2009. Dr. Stopford concluded:

•No quantifiable mercury was detected in any of the samples analyzed.
•High fructose corn syrup does not appear to be a measureable contributor to mercury in foods.
In his summary of findings, Dr. Stopford stated, "Mercury is ubiquitous in the environment being generated both by man-made activities (such as coal-fired power plants) and by natural phenomenon (such as volcanoes). Mercury is found naturally in all living things, including all categories of foods and beverages. Levels in foods and beverages have dropped significantly in the last 40 years. The introduction of high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener has not been associated with any noticeable difference in mercury levels in foods and beverages containing high fructose corn syrup. Levels of mercury found in such foods and beverages are what would be expected from mercury found normally in such foods and beverages and are at background levels."

To view Dr. Stopford’s analysis and conclusions, please see: http://duketox.mc.duke.edu/HFCS%20test%20results4.doc.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

i haven't gotten one since i was forced to(to young and stupid to know anybetter) in middle school.

fukk that shit.

i don't mind getting sick, on the rare occasion that i do.

i'd much rather have a well versed and adaptable immune system for when that epidemic strain comes along that they don't have a vaccine for. you're all fukkn dead.

case in point my roomate gets flu shots, got the swine shot last year, guess what he came down with the swine flu and was bed ridden for a week he didn't even got to work. myself, didn't even get a hint of being sick....i thought people were supposed to die from that shit???????

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

my co. has a pandemic scenario, phone tree, special gear to wear so you can come to work and work around the world!!! feel the love
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

wrekkr wrote:i haven't gotten one since i was forced to(to young and stupid to know anybetter) in middle school.

fukk that shit.

i don't mind getting sick, on the rare occasion that i do.

i'd much rather have a well versed and adaptable immune system for when that epidemic strain comes along that they don't have a vaccine for. you're all fukkn dead.

case in point my roomate gets flu shots, got the swine shot last year, guess what he came down with the swine flu and was bed ridden for a week he didn't even got to work. myself, didn't even get a hint of being sick....i thought people were supposed to die from that shit???????

It was blown way out of proportion... I mean it is some serious shit, but it's mostly the secondary infections that killed people (pneumonia, etc) and I believe the most susceptible were people w/serious ashtma/compromised immune systems

my son got it and he was barely six months old, it was some scary shit but hes a tough lil trooper
but we'll take any precautions we can to keep from going thru it again.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Emily

Post by Emily »

I don't remember ever getting flu shots when I was in high school and even before then, but once I started college my mom was really adamant about me getting them for some reason. I can get vaccinated for free/cheap through my school's health center, so I do.

I don't think I've ever had the flu anyway.
she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

GuitarManUpstairs wrote:Just my opinion, but I say skip the big pharma racket, eat healthy and go play in the dirt as a kid instead.

+1.

I think there are ways to prevent the flu other than getting a shot that people just tell you is good for you.