What Do Libertarians Say?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: What Do Libertarians Say?

Post by Clams »

Is it against the law to read a text or an email if you're driving a car but stopped at a red light?
If you don't run you rust

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

what if you're texting, while driving drunk and getting road head at the same time?
Last edited by wrekkr on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:Is it against the law to read a text or an email if you're driving a car but stopped at a red light?

It is in MA, as of today.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

wrekkr wrote:what if you're texting, while driving drunk and getting road head at the same time?

Obviously they balance out and you're ok.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

beantownbubba wrote:
You're just driving along texting, miraculously staying in your lane and a cop sees u. Can he cite u for reckless driving in the absence of a specific texting law? Should he be able to?

You mean the cop who is not him/herself texting someone? ;)

If there is no evidence of reckless driving, the cop would have to prove that you were texting (as opposed to any number of other non-driving activities that can take place in the passenger compartment of an automobile) and that the fact you were texting caused the potential for future reckless driving. And then sell that to the judge. Perhaps I have my head in the sand, but our CJ system is not set up to allow for that kind of discretion on the part of our law enforcement officers.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

beantownbubba wrote:.02??!! In Europe??? .02's gotta be less than baseline normal there - they still drink at lunch!

that's why i was confused...i just don't think you have the plain numbers because no one drives; i'd want to see ratios.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The biggest problem the Libertarian Party faces is the fact that once any of their candidates gain any level of popularity, they are usually sucked into the GOP and forced to abandon their principles
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever